March 28, 2024, 05:08:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #29 6/27/05 Monday  (Read 272534 times)
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
heavyheart wrote:

This board was founded with people that wanted to talk about the story, learn about Natalee and be a place of understanding. Not a place place for character assasination.

Remember next time before you hit the submit button...would you say what you are saying about your own daughter

Heavyheart, you just spoke the TRUTH if I have EVER heard it..There has been so much back biting lately  Crying or Very sad

No Doubt! I watched Dash get run off this weekend and that's why I haven't posted, maybe the Trolls will be back at work under their respective bridges today.
 Crying or Very sad
I only lurked this weekend, this is way too emotional for me to get in the middle of the fighting, this weekend was SAD @ SM. I hope today is better w/ the ppl who care and genuinely want to see resolution and justice for all involved. And THANKYOU to the good Monkeys who behaved  Wink

:here's some banana's for the good monkeys:

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:51 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "joebob"
Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "Rosalie"
the person who says they saw two men dragging ?? a woman off the beach in the wee hours of the morning that Natalee vanished !!!!

It is interesting that the decision was made not to follow up on that.

Was this a rumor or a fact?

Good LORD..I had not heard anything like that before right this very minute...if that is fact, then why in the world havent we heard that til now... Shocked

we never categorized it as other than rumor.  it was something a radio TOP 95.1 FM guy on aruba said last week early  he was reviewing various stories he had heard, some of which he thought credible or at least looking into.  

-  hysterical woman on marriot beach
-  guy saw hysterical woman being snatched by two guys in front of HI, reported incident and was blown off
-  natalee eating with two guys, one very black and one white at marriott
-  then there is natalee trying to pump an atm for 20 minutes while Lazlo waited for her.  did lazlo do it?  seriously if she used the atm there is a record and the cash could also be a motive for robbery.

iquitos, those you listed above - all rumour, correct?  and does lazlo = lorenzo?  or is lazlo a new "character"?
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:55 AM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
heavyheart wrote:

This board was founded with people that wanted to talk about the story, learn about Natalee and be a place of understanding. Not a place place for character assasination.

Remember next time before you hit the submit button...would you say what you are saying about your own daughter

Heavyheart, you just spoke the TRUTH if I have EVER heard it..There has been so much back biting lately  Crying or Very sad

No Doubt! I watched Dash get run off this weekend and that's why I haven't posted, maybe the Trolls will be back at work under their respective bridges today.
 Crying or Very sad
I only lurked this weekend, this is way too emotional for me to get in the middle of the fighting, this weekend was SAD @ SM. I hope today is better w/ the ppl who care and genuinely want to see resolution and justice for all involved. And THANKYOU to the good Monkeys who behaved  Wink

there was ALOT of bickering over the weekend. I hope it is better today also. Maybe it was the full moon.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:43 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "heavyheart"
Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "roxyluv"
Quote from: "heavyheart"

This board was founded with people that wanted to talk about the story, learn about Natalee and be a place of understanding.  Not a place place for character assasination.

Remember next time before you hit the submit button...would you say what you are saying about your own daughter?

Or you could also ask, would you say what are saying about your own son?
<<

Mornin' All!

So, yes, I think I would say about my son any of the things I have stated about Joren but he would be the first to hear it directly from me, post haste.

Anne, between you and my Mom, Joren wouldn't stand a chance  Confused
<<

Well, for those wondering about the psychological ramifications on children reared in such a manner, remember that first of all said son knows I love him more than life itself.  The one I used as an example now holds advanced degree from Georgetown, speaks five languages well enough to pass govt test (imagine that, Eu'ers! an American with language skills!) and holds a highly sensitive job for which he was tested for days including being connected to a polygraph machine for six straight hours.  And that was just to get the job!  Random polys given still.  At least he does not have to worry about keeping his stories straight,  Very Happy

And apparently, no damage to his personality not character but maybe the opposite.  Aiding and abetting sets a child up for a lifetime of sorrow.  Life is complicated enough without creating problems.  I don't know if this is a cultural thing or personal one for I am American but of Dutch ethnicity so tend to think it is a matter of personal ethics and beliefs about what is right and wrong., a parents role (teach them empathy) and what constitutes basic decency.   Sad

anna you are so right but it is also about genes.  kids come out different.  you can have all kinds in one brood.
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2005, 11:46:09 AM »

dash got run off?   Sad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:46 AM »

Quote from: "bobntexas"
Quote from: "MominTN"
yes...all this and the guy can not catch the plane???

Do you really believe any of their excuses after all that we have heard?  Perhaps he didn't like what he was being sent to do....

Actually the plane was broken.
<<

And with the entire world watching via international media, there was only ONE plane on the entire island?  

I think the first judge has been scared off the case.  Perhaps this one is more to local LE's liking.  He did come in, guns ablazing', releasing suspects.

When lecturing us Americans on how we must respect the legal systme of others, is that not like respecting a person, it must earn some respect in some manner?  Of course this systme works for it has stood the test of time but it is the way it is being applies that causes our hair to stand on end, just as it does when in this country it is bungled.

Everyone is aware that the Cluey man in Florida who admits murdering the little Lundsford girl held her for days with the cops at the door and he has about room temp IQ.  All you need is a roll of duct tape for those who think it takes a genius and special equipment, consider how this very simple-minded man did just that and even search dogs, within sight of her home.  But are you aware someone just happened to  Exclamation FORGET TO READ HIM HIS RIGHTS  Exclamation and so he may walk?  Bet he does not walk far.  But there are calls for the resignation of Chief of Police and DA as well there should be along with a slew of arresting officers.

There should be an exception to that law for someone who has been arrested repeatedly like this man.  He can probably quote it from memory.  Why should it have to be read each and evry time!  But for now, that is the law and any judge in the country will throw this one out!  I can only hope new charges like kidnapping or holding against the will or something can be brought and his rights read to him or there is some way to correct this.  Otherwise, he walks!

So the legal system is only as good as those enforcing it.   Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:31 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
dash got run off?   Sad

Yep. It was in Saturday's thread.  Sad

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:47 AM »

this is a translation of an article from the Brabant Dagblad - courtesy of hasibokos -

http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/extra/pvds.htm

Van der Sloot, persistent lawyer with principles

The lawyer Paul van der Sloot, that is detained in Aruba in the Natalee Holloway affair, is here mostly known for his 20-year-long fight against the building of a motorway around Boxtel.

Boxtel

Paul van der Sloot is indeed member of a brassband and he goes all out during the carnival, but in Aruba, he is mostly known as the serious lawyer for whom the principles of justice always and everywhere comes in first place. There was a huge disbelief in Aruba when he was arrested for his alleged involvement in disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Boxtel had experienced him as someone who would always persevere and had a thorough manner of working. Paul van der Sloot fought twenty years long (from 1973 until 1993) with local residents against the construction of a southern motorway, that had to go partly over the estate of the Van der Sloot family. Paul van der Sloot stood his ground and fought civil servants and politicians that had proposed and produced the faulty plans for the new motorway in the Cousil of State. The motorway came eventually but it was not laid through the scenic valuable territory anymore but further away. In his birthplace Boxtel, van der Sloot was criticized a lot because while he was fighting the developments of the new motorway, the dangerous traffic was still led trough Boxtel and this was causing accidents and consequently was costing the lives of many people. Van der Sloot was seen as a fault-finder that to prevent the motorway to be build on part of his land , was willing to sacrifice the lives of the youth who attended the schools in the vicinity of the local dangerous streets. Van der Sloot said later on that the criticism hurt him deeply..

Tilburg

Van der Sloot (53) got his legal education at the University of Tilburg in the seventies. He co-founded the Legal Faculty Association Tilburg and also the faculty newspaper ‘Nondejure'. After he finished his studies he did not went to work for the government, but assisted citizens that had conflicts with the government. It was in that period in Arnhem, where he met a woman Anita (teacher of Artistic Formation) and it was also there were Joran and Valentijn, two of his three suns, were born.

New job

In 1991 Paul van der Sloot thought it was the time for a new job and he found one in Aruba where he was appointed for five year as lawyer for the Aruban government. The ministers were not impressed with his stance „I always first try to find a compromise. By simply prosecuting nobody gets wiser. If the authorities do something wrong I will always admit that. You must never interpret the facts differently then what they are. I am convinced that on the long run this will give better results“, According to Van der Sloot in an interview ten years ago in the Brabants Nieuwsblad. After a while Van der Sloot got a different assigment: the government wanted him to only set up contracts. Van der Sloot considered going back to The Netherlands, but he liked the small scale of Aruba and as it appeared he had enough possibilities to continue with his career. He became cabinets leader for the public ministry and gave classes of Administrative Law at the local university.

Judge

Two years ago Van der Sloot Ditch got the opportunity to become a judge. With his background that meant that he had follow a training course of three years. During that training period, he was appointed as a substitute judge in the Antillean court. Van der Sloot completed the training period of a year in the Netherlands recently but he has not conducted a court(hearing) yet.
--

Translation by Hasibokos.com of an article by Brabants Dagblad published on Monday 27th of June.[/url]

The state of the condition insults my intuition
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2005, 11:49:03 AM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
heavyheart wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Diva, I hear ya..this weekend I saw alot of monkeys flinging crap..it was a ZOO in here for sure...I have been a lurker in the evenings because of all that went on in here..VERY sad and VERY inappropriate... Twisted Evil

"God dont like ugly"
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:21 AM »

dash got run off?   Sad

BAMA..it was pathetic to say the least...I dont think I have ever seen RED so mad..I dont think he even posted the rest ofthe night after that... Crying or Very sad

"God dont like ugly"
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:21 AM »

Anna while it is slow in here, you might like this thread

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=393
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:25 AM »

dash got run off?   Sad

for the most part i stayed out of that one but --- did leave.  she has left before and always came back.  as bad as it get here. we are still pretty disciplined compared to others because we try to separate known facts from rumors and speculation while at the same time we use all we get, fact and fiction to spin scenarios.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2005, 11:51:26 AM »

- guy saw hysterical woman being snatched by two guys in front of HI, reported incident and was blown off
Maybe time to revisit  That ???
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2005, 11:54:48 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
anybody notice the armload of evidence file the female prosecuter carried into court yesterday?

Hey i saw that..someone asked her about evidence, and she sort of nodded her head towards the HUGE stack that was falling out of her arms....I saw that too  Shocked

anyone notice how croes is out with much fanfare after PVDS goes so unnoticed and quickly ???  My aruban friends had no idea pvds was going to be released yesterday nevermind him homefor dinner....  not much news out of aruba... Rolling Eyes
maybe the head news guy is no longer (there)?? Question
see u guys later.

peace to all
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2005, 11:55:49 AM »

New post up on main page regarding the weekend fund raiser in MB.

Turns out some of our own Monkeys were present ... Thanks for your help.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1192

Red
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2005, 11:56:21 AM »

dash got run off?   Sad

BAMA..it was pathetic to say the least...I dont think I have ever seen RED so mad..I dont think he even posted the rest ofthe night after that... Crying or Very sad

Boy, it did get out of hand there for a while didn't it?  And I don't think Dash will be visiting us again.  She was very upset.  There was no need for it to have taken place like it did.  Crying or Very sad
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2005, 11:57:28 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
There are certain circumstances under which a person who has murdered a U.S. national in a foreign country can be arrested by U.S. authorities anywhere in the world and tried for the murder, but the murder must be related to an act of terrorism.

I don't think at this point that we can say that it WAS NOT related to an act of terrorism. Especially if someone as yet unknown got involved.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2005, 11:57:57 AM »

thanks for that backgound mojo.   Very Happy
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2005, 11:58:47 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
anybody notice the armload of evidence file the female prosecuter carried into court yesterday?

Hey i saw that..someone asked her about evidence, and she sort of nodded her head towards the HUGE stack that was falling out of her arms....I saw that too  Shocked

Probably the evidence was mixed with a bunch of beaurocratic court papers.  Governments thrive on bureacracy.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: June 27, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
dash got run off?   Sad

for the most part i stayed out of that one but --- did leave.  she has left before and always came back.  as bad as it get here. we are still pretty disciplined compared to others because we try to separate known facts from rumors and speculation while at the same time we use all we get, fact and fiction to spin scenarios.

iquitos, You are right about some of us being more disciplined than others..and thank GOD for some sanity here....The daytime posters are better about this i thnk,IMHO..weekend posters can be bad about character assassination, as well..and it is NOT everybody...and that is good..."CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??"

"God dont like ugly"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.