March 28, 2024, 12:16:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #29 6/27/05 Monday  (Read 272504 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« on: June 27, 2005, 06:25:53 AM »

While we're a reasonable bunch, we do have some expectations for the etiquette of our posters and want you to know what will keep you in the Monkey cage, or excommunicate you to the wild jungles of the Internet to swing on a few vines to relax yourself. Needless to say, we'd like to cage you here rather than set you "free." Follow the guidelines below (there's only 3 - humor us) and you'll spend many a happy day picking flies off each other, chattering, and bouncing off the walls.

Monkeys will avoid feeding the trolls. True trolls are a rare breed; and the owners, admins and moderators know what and who they are and we have super-dooper bug spray to get rid of them. 'Nuff said.

Monkeys will use proper social etiquette in expressing their opinions. There are always more than 1 side and opinion to every story; some posts you will like and agree with, and others you won't. While lively debate is appreciated, moderators and forum admins reserve the right to admonish and/or eject, without notice, those parties who debate using insults, engage in name-calling, or otherwise imflammatory posts. Act like you're at a public place using the manners your mother taught you and you'll be just fine. If you don't have manners, don't bother posting as it just wastes our time mashing the "banned" button. We've got other things to do.

Monkeys recognize that the forum threads and some functionality may be temporarily unavailable at times. During high peak periods, forum operators may disable some features such as avatars, sig lines and the like. We'll restore it when the hooplah dies down. Likewise, we reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts or threads in any manner that we choose. Hey, when it's your house, you can move the furniture.....
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 06:32:22 AM »

Good morning, folks!    Anyone hear anything new?

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 06:43:07 AM »

Quote from: "Catriana"

Facts: no
Rumors: plenty
Smile
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:50:57 AM »

what rumors seem likely to be based in some fact?
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 06:59:44 AM »

David Kock, defense attorney for Satish Kalpoe, said police have scrutinized cell phone records and Internet traffic as part of the investigation, CNN reported.

Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. the morning Holloway disappeared and, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe about 40 minutes later that he had arrived
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 07:00:14 AM »

Quote from: "Catriana"

Good morning!

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:15 AM »

David Kock, defense attorney for Satish Kalpoe, said police have scrutinized cell phone records and Internet traffic as part of the investigation, CNN reported.

Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. the morning Holloway disappeared and, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe about 40 minutes later that he had arrived
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:15:51 AM »

following on in the CNN article -

"I just think this goes to show that the story that Deepak and Satish are telling ... is substantiated by facts," Kock said.

Antonio Carlo, defense attorney for Joran Van Der Sloot, said Sunday his client was in good spirits, but was "shocked and disturbed" by his father's arrest.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/26/aruba.missing/index.html

substantiated by facts -  that's something new to this case! Laughing

The state of the condition insults my intuition
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:31:03 AM »

Bendex, that's spooky.  I'm sorry that happened to your friend.  This is why I challenged the editor of Aruba Today to provide crime statistics and polls on crime victimization.  Rape is an underreported crime.  If the retired police officer Elio Nicolaas is any indication, some of the police there are more than willing to blame victims.  I'm not saying that the problem is worse there than elsewhere, it might be better, I just thought that there might be more of this kind of thing than they let on and that they might not deal with it well, which allows the same criminals to keep reoffending.  This is just in the area Natalie was supposedly left in.  Hmmmm.  Very unfortunate no matter how many or few victims there are.

They were claiming very low statistics for rape and those mainly being within the local population, like it's that neat.  I was suspicious.  When I saw that they just offer a total number of crimes and don't break them down by offense, that IS a coverup.  I'm not saying that there is more of a problem there than anywhere else, it's just the covering up statistics and having a veteran retired police officer blaming a victim is a bad sign.

Was that guy caught?
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 07:37:42 AM »

Please post sources for the following about Joran or retract:

pushed someone through a plate glass window

actually kicked younger brothers on regular basis

uses date rape drugs on multiple females (or even one)

lived in bachelor apt due to violence against brothers

These are all serious accusations given over and over without any sources.  Either give sources or retract these statements.
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 07:37:48 AM »

Good mornin' all. I am truly worried about what the next few days will hold. It appears to me that if they let Croes out of jail because all he had done was lied, then we can expect they will release JVDS, Deepak and Satish because all they have on them is their lies.

"Leave no stone unturned"
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 07:41:40 AM »

Well, scuse me, it's Sunday night, I have to go to an "underground party."
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »

Monkey Business
Friday, June 24, 2005
By Greta Van Susteren

Too funny huh?  Here is link for the story - it's about the monkey next door to the PVDS house.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160602,00.html
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 07:49:45 AM »

Quote from: "Cerulean"
Bendex, that's spooky.  I'm sorry that happened to your friend.  This is why I challenged the editor of Aruba Today to provide crime statistics and polls on crime victimization.  Rape is an underreported crime.

On track with this, if I ever get any time, I'd like to know more about the crime there as well.  I know that the amigos were put in a NEW prison.  That's not to say the OLD prison was closed at all as the officials said the new one was attached to the old.  

So which is it?  How can it be a new prison when it's attached?  It sounds like it's nothing more than an addition to me.

Low crime rate?  Sure, that's why they built an annex to the prison. Confused
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 07:51:28 AM »

interesting link to the crime rate increase in aruba
http://news.caribseek.com/Aruba/AM_Digital/article_15609.shtml

sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 07:57:43 AM »

During the year, the Governments of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba improved prison staffing and capacity to address concerns by the Council of Europe's Committee for the Prevention of Torture. Authorities expanded prison activities, health care, and amenities, lessening inmate tensions. Prisoners also were eligible for early release. Both governments took steps to alleviate overcrowding. They completed renovations at the Rio Canario Detention Center on Curacao and expanded Aruba's Correctional Institute Aruba (KIA) prison to house 300 prisoners, up from 250. Despite these improvements, problems remained. On Curacao, illegal immigrants vandalized their barracks in protest over their treatment. On Aruba, 90 KIA prisoners, including 9 who sewed their mouths shut, held a hunger strike over prison conditions, including lack of recreational time and poor food. On Bonaire, the Chief Public Prosecutor ordered the release of a large number of detainees (mostly drug couriers arrested at the airport) from the Police Detention Center because of overcrowding and poor conditions. The Government of the Netherlands continued to provide assistance to improve prison conditions and management
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 07:59:36 AM »

Police make arrests in recent kidnapping in Barbados where several men forced a couple into a car.
http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/2005/06/27/kidnapping.shtml

MississippiGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 08:02:09 AM »

It just crossed my mind that in the very beginning we heard that Natalee left CnC with 2 locals and an EXCHANGE STUDENT.  Have we heard any more about that?  Would Joran be considered an exchange student in any way?  Was that a lie that he told Natalee and her group?
mojo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 08:06:09 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
Police make arrests in recent kidnapping in Barbados where several men forced a couple into a car.

wealthy british guy kidnapped by 5 brits...

The state of the condition insults my intuition
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 08:09:28 AM »

Quote from: "mojo"
Quote from: "tkubi7"

wealthy british guy kidnapped by 5 brits...

and a Spanish woman was kidnapped , also.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.