March 28, 2024, 08:49:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #29 6/27/05 Monday  (Read 272483 times)
Gerben aka Pays Bas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:17 AM »

Gerben, Can Aruban LE appeal?[/quote]

Yes the DA can make an appeal.

Oh dear. Can somebody please fix my avatar?
bogey_blusey_chaston
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:40 AM »

Quote from: "MsPooh"
Quote from: "gaijin"
Morning all. Is it just me, or is there a pall and depression over the cage this morning? Comon people. All is not lost...yet.

Feels as if we have hit a brick wall.But keep hope alive guys, something is bound to happen here one way or another, it may not be as quick as we want it to, but it will happen.Bright Side, we have all made tons of new friends here to discuss the case with until and after this is resolved.

About now we should be praying for the body to surface in some manor. Short of that, IMHO, the culprit is going to get off scott free.  Just my opinion.
MsPooh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2005, 10:14:56 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"

Probably. Trying to teach a 5 yr old the cat isnt a toy has been hard lol.

The cat will eventually teach the child that he isn't a toy, won't be pretty but the cat will rest easier afterwards.My lil man (8 now) had to learn the hard way after I told him until I was blue in the face,

Life's a journey not a destination..
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2005, 10:15:57 AM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"

This board was founded with people that wanted to talk about the story, learn about Natalee and be a place of understanding.  Not a place place for character assasination.

Remember next time before you hit the submit button...would you say what you are saying about your own daughter?

Or you could also ask, would you say what are saying about your own son?

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2005, 10:16:08 AM »

Probably. Trying to teach a 5 yr old the cat isnt a toy has been hard lol.

The cat will eventually teach the child that he isn't a toy, won't be pretty but the cat will rest easier afterwards.My lil man (8 now) had to learn the hard way after I told him until I was blue in the face,

Yep I know. Not looking forward to it either. Its a battle of wills right now, eventually I expect the cats will will win.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
JessesMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2005, 10:16:59 AM »

(SNIPPED)

He's not charged but 'suspected', thats a enormous difference in dutch law. Somebody is officially charged on the first day of trial, until then he's just a suspect. During that pre-trail arrest the Aruban LE has to present enough evidence to the judge to prolong that arrest with a given amount of days. That's up to the judge. In this system you are locked up if your are  suspected of a crime, these intervals where the judge comes in play are specifically designed to avoid people being detained for a pretty long time without enough evidence to do so.
The Aruban LE thought they had enough to keep PvdS locked up, the judge didn't share that opinion.[/quote]

I concur, there is also a mention of using PVDS as a phychological key to pressure JVDS to confess.  And maybe the pressure from both Beth and Jug to 'have' PVDS to be arrested on way or the other.  The impartial Judge probably made the right decision, not enough substantial evidence even for suspicion.  The mention of Greta interview got him arrested, but I think the full unedited probably got him off.  Many time shows are edited and can be skewed to give the impression that someone is not talking or said something..perhaps after reviewing the taped interview, it was maybe perhaps showing an explanation, a elaboration of a statement that got cut out or edited..[/quote]

On Fox yesterday someone said (and I can't remember who this was, whether an attorney or another official) that the prosecution presented 4 affidavits or depositions in support of his arrest.  The judge reviewed these 4 affidavits and determined they were inconsistent.  So apparently it was more than just the Greta interview.
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:38 AM »

anybody know what time or if they released steve c and jorans father yet?

PVDS has already been released-MVDS picked him up yesterday and said they were going home-they said the cameras were following them --then the parents stopped and went in a different direction--don't know where they were heading.

Dj Steve-will be released around 1pm today

Jennifer
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:51 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "LilOrphan"
Quote from: "Gerben aka Pays Bas"

But they had PVDS detained as a suspect on Friday, I believe...then on Saturday, the word was out that the grounds for his detention/arrest were "complicity in premeditated murder"...very very specific.  Then the next day, he's released????   This does not speak well for Aruba LE, in my opinion.

I have no dogs in this race - don't care if he's in or out, as I don't know anything for sure.  It just seems very odd.  One day there's evidence, and the next day, there's not enough?

I agree...its very confusing...seems one day that they are very specific in their charges in regards to the father...only one in which they used the word "premeditated"....and then he's out.
Doesnt make sense ...at least not from here.
gagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2005, 10:19:29 AM »

That was the clerk of the court on Fox yesterday.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2005, 10:20:12 AM »

How long after she was killed did Lacey wash up?  A lot more effort needs /needed to go into question of where a body would make landfall if disposed of at sea off aruba.  i heard it was panama.  of course in the Joran scenario he did not have as much time as Scott to dispose of remains, if any.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2005, 10:20:24 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
David Kock, defense attorney for Satish Kalpoe, said police have scrutinized cell phone records and Internet traffic as part of the investigation, CNN reported.

Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. the morning Holloway disappeared and, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe about 40 minutes later that he had arrived

as counselled by his father? for Joran to establish his own timeline?
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2005, 10:21:03 AM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
How long after she was killed did Lacey wash up?  A lot more effort needs /needed to go into question of where a body would make landfall if disposed of at sea off aruba.  i heard it was panama.  of course in the Joran scenario he did not have as much time as Scott to dispose of remains, if any.

iquitos,
Laci disappeared Dec 24th washed up around April 14th i think.

tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2005, 10:21:39 AM »

anybody notice the armload of evidence file the female prosecuter carried into court yesterday?

"Leave no stone unturned"
MsPooh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:21 AM »

o.k. in the beginning they arrested the original 3 then let them go and re-arrested them right?Then we hear that they wired the car and all the other surveillance to get info, we haven't (and probably won't) know what they gathered from this..Fast forward to today..PVDS has been arrested and then let go couple days later, we do not know REALLY why they let him go, but I'll bet that LE is watching him like a hawk as to his movements.

Life's a journey not a destination..
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2005, 10:22:57 AM »

Quote from: "Kackylacky"
Gerben, Can Aruban LE appeal?

Quote from: "Gerben aka Pays Bas"

Yes the DA can make an appeal.

Thanks,

I wonder if they will?
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:17 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"

This board was founded with people that wanted to talk about the story, learn about Natalee and be a place of understanding.  Not a place place for character assasination.

Remember next time before you hit the submit button...would you say what you are saying about your own daughter?

Just in general--would u say that to someone right in their face--some people have more "balls" to say things via the cyber way--but would never say that to someones face.

It is a shame certain people that were very helpful and informative were pushed away from here because of comments toward them..

Jennifer
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2005, 10:23:38 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"

Very true...however we know that Joran is an person of less than stellar character.  Underage drinking, underage gambling, anger management classes and romantic involvment (of some kind) with a 13 year old girl are just a few examples of his "nice" traits.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2005, 10:24:01 AM »

o.k. in the beginning they arrested the original 3 then let them go and re-arrested them right?Then we hear that they wired the car and all the other surveillance to get info, we haven't (and probably won't) know what they gathered from this..Fast forward to today..PVDS has been arrested and then let go couple days later, we do not know REALLY why they let him go, but I'll bet that LE is watching him like a hawk as to his movements.

My understanding is they werent arrested at first, only questioned, which is when they made up the story about the security guards in black uniforms. Then they were arrested what June 9th?

dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »

Well, the group from Texas sounded very confident yesterday that they would find her.  The inspired me.  They said that they would find her today, and if not today, within the next couple of days.  They said Beth would be able to take her daughter home.  I have to believe in that or I get very depressed about this.  I hope that it will also mean that justice is served for Natalee.  But my biggest hope here is that her mother be able to take her home, dead or alive.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "sandy"
What about all the promised additional arrests?

Island Promises......... Evil or Very Mad

Did not BH promised more arrest?  Unless you she was fed this by the Arubian LE/FBI??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.