March 29, 2024, 12:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #29 6/27/05 Monday  (Read 272570 times)
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2005, 11:20:29 AM »

I apologize, I seem to have gotten wrong info on Aruba from other posters at other forums a while ago

the compensation issue is interesting

you see merely arresting someone can do tremendous damage to their reputation and life

which is why in the US and Canada police are very careful to not arrest someone until they have sufficient facts that warrant not only probable cause but sufficent facts to protect their butt from a lawsuit for wrongful arrest etc......

I can already see that if this were an American situation, the lawsuits would be flying
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2005, 11:21:12 AM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "Rosalie"
the person who says they saw two men dragging ?? a woman off the beach in the wee hours of the morning that Natalee vanished !!!!

It is interesting that the decision was made not to follow up on that.

much rumors...ant one remember the name of LE who mentioned a wild goose chase with car in columbia/venezula???

peace to all
MominTN
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2005, 11:21:39 AM »

yes...all this and the guy can not catch the plane???

Do you really believe any of their excuses after all that we have heard?  Perhaps he didn't like what he was being sent to do....
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2005, 11:22:56 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
The previous judge had been relieved because he had "seen too much of the evidence." (sic) So they bring in a new judge, and he says, "Evidence? I don't see no evidence? I don't see no stinkin' evidence."

Laughing   I never understood that either!

The more I know, the more confused I get.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2005, 11:23:32 AM »

Quote from: "neil"
Quote from: "sandraK"
David Kock, defense attorney for Satish Kalpoe, said police have scrutinized cell phone records and Internet traffic as part of the investigation, CNN reported.

Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. the morning Holloway disappeared and, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe about 40 minutes later that he had arrived
 There is a rumor that there was a Van der Sloot ATM transaction at 3:00AM.  

Also the Kalpoe mom in an intervied said that her son told her that he was worried about the drive to the lighthouse because the car was low.  I think she meant low on gas.  

If this ATM rumor is true is certainly could not have been dad Van at the ATM, otherwise there would be evidence to keep him in jail, so it would have been Joran at the ATM, probably getting money to put gas in the Kalpoe car to transport Natalee's body.  There is serious doubt that Joran could have disposed of the body without a car, unless he appropriated a small boat near the Marriott.

A wonder if the police have looked into gas purchases near the Marriott in that time frame.

LOW as "Low to the ground" it has a " Body Kit"
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:09 AM »

Quote from: "MominTN"
yes...all this and the guy can not catch the plane???

Do you really believe any of their excuses after all that we have heard?  Perhaps he didn't like what he was being sent to do....

Actually the plane was broken.
Microcephalic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:14 AM »

Quote from: "cancon"
David Kock, defense attorney for Satish Kalpoe, said police have scrutinized cell phone records and Internet traffic as part of the investigation, CNN reported.

Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot called Deepak Kalpoe about 2:40 a.m. the morning Holloway disappeared and, according to Deepak Kalpoe's statements, Joran Van Der Sloot told him he had left Holloway on the beach and was walking home. Kock said Joran Van Der Sloot text-messaged Deepak Kalpoe about 40 minutes later that he had arrived

as counselled by his father? for Joran to establish his own timeline?

I'd bet money that no one saw him walking home, during those 40 minutes. And, on an island that claims to be open for business 24/7, and where everybody knows everybody, that would speak volumes.

Indeed if it is confirmed that no one saw him walking home, one could then arrive at the bold conclusion that...no one saw him walking home.
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2005, 11:24:57 AM »

Somewhere a few threads back mentioned the promised additional arrests - the only one that talked about that was Beth - she seemed convinced or had a gut feeling or whatever that this was eminent - I don't know about you but maybe the poor lady is suffering some from wishful thinking - which might be natural do to her distressed state - but her hunches and feelings just might not be based on anything really tangible here - including her feelings about the VDS and more arrests!
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2005, 11:25:09 AM »

By the way, answer me this. The previous judge was relieved because he had "seen too much of the evidence." (Forget about the fact that that is what judges are supposed to do. Hear evidence.) And so they bring in a new judge, and there are thousands of pages of transcripts and official reports and WITHIN HOURS he is able to wade through it all and come to the conclusion that there is insufficient evidence to hold PVDS any longer. Answer me how it is possible for him to digest all of that material in just a few hours. He must have been to the Evelyn Wood speedreading course.

You are witty, my friend!
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2005, 11:26:09 AM »

Quote from: "bamajo"
By the way, answer me this. The previous judge was relieved because he had "seen too much of the evidence." (Forget about the fact that that is what judges are supposed to do. Hear evidence.) And so they bring in a new judge, and there are thousands of pages of transcripts and official reports and WITHIN HOURS he is able to wade through it all and come to the conclusion that there is insufficient evidence to hold PVDS any longer. Answer me how it is possible for him to digest all of that material in just a few hours. He must have been to the Evelyn Wood speedreading course.

ha, ha, ha!!!  that last comment has me rolling!   Laughing

good call.  very good call on the questions before that.  especially since this new judge supposedly is not familiar with this case.  perhaps greta can dig a little deeper on this judge, and see if there are any connections with him and PVDS.

i magine the judge is no less familiar with the case than the one/s before him who have extended joran and the kalpoes not three times and released, the security guards, Steve and Mr. v/d sloot.  he did spend a lot of time going over this yesterday what, seven or eight hours?
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2005, 11:26:46 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
the person who says they saw two men dragging ?? a woman off the beach in the wee hours of the morning that Natalee vanished !!!!

much rumors...ant one remember the name of LE who mentioned a wild goose chase with car in columbia/venezula???

If rumors, I would want to know just how those particular rumors got started, by whom, and why.
bamajo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2005, 11:27:07 AM »

Quote from: "neil"

Also the Kalpoe mom in an intervied said that her son told her that he was worried about the drive to the lighthouse because the car was low.  I think she meant low on gas.  

If this ATM rumor is true is certainly could not have been dad Van at the ATM, otherwise there would be evidence to keep him in jail, so it would have been Joran at the ATM, probably getting money to put gas in the Kalpoe car to transport Natalee's body.  There is serious doubt that Joran could have disposed of the body without a car, unless he appropriated a small boat near the Marriott.

A wonder if the police have looked into gas purchases near the Marriott in that time frame.

LOW as "Low to the ground" it has a " Body Kit"

that is what i took it to mean as well, meaning the car was low to the ground.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2005, 11:27:21 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK

A wonder if the police have looked into gas purchases near the Marriott in that time frame

Just one problem, Mama Kalpoe says the boys were home by 2:00 am, and we have phone records showing Joran called Deepak at 2:40 am wasn't it, to say he left Nat on the beach, according to the Kalpoe lawyer,
unless the suggestion is the boys left again after getting the phone call from Joran
Microcephalic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2005, 11:27:26 AM »

Paulus van der Sloot's waiver of the father-son privilege is much overrated. He probably did it, in order to be able to LIE for his son.

Or he could have done it to demonstrate that he had nothing to hide.  He signed a waiver and yet his arrest was ruled unlawful.
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2005, 11:27:57 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

If rumors, I would want to know just how those particular rumors got started, by whom, and why.

It was the head guy for the largest newspaper in Aruba during an interview on Fox news.
kuaitzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: June 27, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »

After he regained consciousness, I would hope I would be the first to say it.  It is not love to teach a child to lie and do wrong but indifference, taking the easy way out.  

Well said..Motherhood is definitely not for wimps!!! Keep up the good work. I've paid my dues in this area!!! Only defend your kids when they are wronged unrightfully.

A lie has a certain weight for those that tend to believe it.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: June 27, 2005, 11:28:39 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
anybody notice the armload of evidence file the female prosecuter carried into court yesterday?

Hey i saw that..someone asked her about evidence, and she sort of nodded her head towards the HUGE stack that was falling out of her arms....I saw that too  Shocked

"God dont like ugly"
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #197 on: June 27, 2005, 11:29:57 AM »

A wonder if the police have looked into gas purchases near the Marriott in that time frame[/quote]

Just one problem, Mama Kalpoe says the boys were home by 2:00 am, and we have phone records showing Joran called Deepak at 2:40 am wasn't it, to say he left Nat on the beach, according to the Kalpoe lawyer,
unless the suggestion is the boys left again after getting the phone call from Joran[/quote]
HEY I didn't say the 3:00  THING!
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2005, 11:30:02 AM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Quote from: "sandraK

A wonder if the police have looked into gas purchases near the Marriott in that time frame

unless the suggestion is the boys left again after getting the phone call from Joran

Its time to haul in the mothers too...I know Jug would love it but I think this would be a bad PR move on the part of the Twits..just my opinion tho.
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2005, 11:30:43 AM »

Was this a rumor or a fact?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.