April 28, 2024, 10:11:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why does this bother me so much?  (Read 7142 times)
hithere
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 05:13:35 AM »

i agree, but his story is that he left her on the beach because she wanted to be there.  that implies she was alive.  

anyway, since i am obviously not the only one who is affected this way, i have nothing to talk about.  it is just, for me, unusual

thank you all
neworleansbigeasy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 01:14:03 PM »

I am totally consumed by her disappearance as well. My husband is a police officer here and thinks I have lost it. My friends and I discuss this all this time. I email constantly with girlfreinds in Austin and my sister in Texas about lastest news on the case. I think it is so compelling to us becasue we feel it could have easily been us at Natalee's age. We were all in her position in high school and right after high school. Not on Aruba but in Barbados and different islands. I just pray she is found.
Chunky Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 11:35:27 AM »

I'm with you, but I as any investigator, we need to leave the emotions out of the investigations as this is the only way to objectively look for answers.

My heart goes out to NH's family, but I can't help to sympathize with the Arubans in general as they have been incredibly dedicated to this case e.g. the national search. It is truly moving.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 12:50:26 PM »

Quote from: "RazzyBerry"
I think it bothers us so much is because we know they have the guilty parties in custody and they wont give the family or any of us closure.

You know what??  I think you have hit the nail on the head here!!

I think the main reason I have been so bothered by this whole situation is that as an American (subject to different laws), I am having a hard time adjusting to the methods of Aruban law, and how it pertains to suspects treatment and processing.  Take for instance, if I was to follow the exact same story (as this one) in the states, I would expect that anyone taken into custody would have been substantiated by solid evidence (not just suspicion).  But, the frustrating thing for me is, that we are not privy to the evidence gathered in Aruba, therefore feel uneasy about these suspects being potentially released in the near future for lack of evidence (as the elder Van der Sloot, as well as the Croes fellow was).

Also, the other thing that is bothering me is the fear that the media pressure will begin to loosen (as other stories take center stage).  I think we can all agree that (unfortunately), the reason there has been some movement in Aruba regarding this investigation is because of the media pressure, and the potential to hurt the economic well being (tourism).  If that fades, then the hopes of resolution in this case fades with it...

Just my 2 cents

Strike
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2005, 01:59:14 PM »

Quote from: "hithere"
I am defiantly a compassionate person.  If I see a person in need, I try to help anyway I can.  But I just can not explain why this case is bothering me so much.  I do care about other cases like this.  Like the boy scout who was found earlier this week alive (thank goodness), the 3 little children who where found today, the Jennifer Wilbanks case (I'm glad it ended the way it did, but not how), and too many others.  But I have never really felt like this.

I was a volunteer fireman for years and saw plenty of auto fatalities and a few fire deaths, as well as some local cases of searching for missing kids (all turned out good),  so I have had exposure to some very sad situations and families,

but I have NEVER had the deep, empty, hollow feeling that I have had since this happened.  

I have gone though several thousand post on this forum, to the point that I just can not go through them anymore.  It is literally causing me pain.  Especially when I see post that just do not make sense.  As bad as it would make the U.S.A. look, I would give anything for her to just show-up and say that she met someone.

I know this is crazy and stupid.  I have literally considered getting on a plane and flying down there to help.  And don't worry, I have been certified as sane.

If I feel like this, I can not even imagine how her family feels.

I am with you, I am from Birmingham, Natalee is one of our own. I didn't know her, but I am so into this case in my heart, mind & emotions, sometimes I can't deal. I have my Hope For Natalee bracelet on so I think of her constantly, I even dream of her, I watch news 24/7, keeping it on all night hoping I wake up to a breaking News that they've found her alive. My whole life has been taken over by this case, I am supposed to be working, but here I sit looking at this site waiting for info, hoping & praying. I cry for Natalee, I cry for her Parents and all that loved her. I feel strange and tell myself to not get so wrapped up, but it won't stop until Natalee's parents have her back in whatever shape she may be in.

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.