March 28, 2024, 05:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #30 06/27/05 Monday-PM_Tues AM  (Read 229041 times)
OldFart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2005, 10:38:12 PM »

Quote from: "inspector_detector"
Quote from: "RichinTx"
EVERYONE in the world is deathly afraid of something.  Why can't they find out what this JVDS punk is afraid of and press him until he snaps like a twig.  Let Aruban LE look the other way...send an operative with expertise in torture in to have a little chat with Urine...and when he breaks let Aruban LE take all the credit for solving the case.  The alternative....never solve the case...but hey, at least you didn't violate Urine's rights.....a small moral victory compared to solving the biggest case in the history of Aruba.

Did it ever occur to any of you ------ that Joran actually doesn't know what happened to Natalee? If he left her at Marriott beach then someone else could have kidnapped her that we have never heard of yet. There are 100,000 people on Aruba.

Inspector ...
yes I / we have   ... but then whay the HI lie....  Whay has he not asked for a lie-dector test..  Or any of the suspects
Dublin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2005, 10:38:44 PM »

Geraldo said, (I don't know if this is true, but he said police have evidence) of a cell phone call to one of the Kalpoe bros at 2:30 am asking for a ride, then a text message to same at 3:15 that he didn't need it after all, then Paul picked him up and gave him a ride home at 4 am.

He made it sound like the record of the calls were definetely in police records, but also suggested he'd like to have a record of all the cell phone calls and the locations for where the phone calls came from. (i.e. the cell tower location, though I'm not sure whether there would be more than 1 or 2 on the island. )
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:00 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
RichinTX, shhhhhhhhh don't let the Curacaons here that. We all say that they're the ones who do that.

All tall men need not apply for Mariaine, trust me. She'd need a stool to reach you.

Oh, she's little and petite too....perfect.

That other lawyer, Arlene Allan Schiffer..looks pretty as well. Maybe the accent is so endearing.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:01 PM »

Tim from Equasearch mentioned finding the spot today, again to Greta.  He said they sent divers down and that the area is not fully cleared yet.  The way he said it made it sound like he still thinks it might be promising...
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:05 PM »

So the ES head said something like they had 2 hits on a pretty good sized lake that haven't been resolved. Heh, blogs aren't so bad and the MSM's are perhaps a bit gunshy now. I really doubt they're 'holding back'. Any details on the Dutch media frenzy today Aruba ppl?

arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:08 PM »

1. the van der Sloot home wasn't searched May 31? Was there a search warrant?
2. the clothes of Joran, Paulus, Deepak and Satish from that night weren't taken? How do you know that they weren't taken?
3. the vehicles weren't seized immediately? Good question
4. they waited 10 days? The question that everyone has been asking
5. the prosecutor has yet to interview Beth, Jug, or any of his friends who have vital information pertinent to this case? How do you know they haven't?

My point is: The police in Aruba aren't the brightest ever, (sorry Jossy Mansur), but they are NOT NOT NOT covering up for the three boys.

You can call them inept, you can call them stupid, because imho opinion they have shown evidence of that. But they're covering up? I don't buy it. I don't see any reason to. Paul v/d S doesn't have any influence, despite his lawyer status.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Onnimus
Scared Monkey

« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:10 PM »

Some people asked what there is to do in Aruba:

Legally:

Under 18: the movies and going to the beach
Over 18: The nightclubs, the movies, the beach, driving around.
See why I ask why tourists would want to come here? It can be oh so boring here. I like Carlos and Charlies, but the DJ puts in a tape and it's the same order of songs every.single.night.

I was VERY surprised to learn that Aruba had a Carlos and Charlies. I knew about the ones in Mexico etc, but Aruba has never been known (to me) as a big party island that attracts the party-hardy type of American tourist. A lot of American tourists make a beeline for the wildest party places they can find- Cancun etc. I was on a cruise one time where it seemed like EVERYONE was planning on hitting all the bars and party boats and drinking holes, and their vacation itenerary (sp?) was to get hammered and get crazy. But my friends who have gone to Aruba have gone there and loved the peace and quiet- they didn't say it was boring at all, just more relaxing than the party-party-party locales such as Cancun and Cozumel. I wouldn't have a clue never having been to Aruba but it seems like maybe in the past 10 years the tourist atmosphere is changing to attract some of the party-seekers? Well, with that, will come more incidences - not major ones like Natalee Holloway situation, and I'm not knocking CnC or other party bars...but it just seems like they add more disruption FROM American tourists.

Another peeve of mine is hearing people complain about "creepy locals" hanging out at these bars. Where else are they going to be? And they're probably not that creepy. I'd be more creeped out by the rowdy, stupid acting, drunken tourists. If I was a local to a CnC I'd go people watching for fun. There's always that one lady who has too much to drink and loses her top- seems to be one in every crowd. On the cruiseship I am referring to in this post, an American got drunk and wandered into the buffet at lunchtime with her top unbuttoned all the way down.

I do NOT place blame on tourists for partying down at these places, it can be fun...I just place blame on Americans who blame the bar or the country when something happens. A barfight, being pickpocketed while drunk, etc.

I am SURE Natalee felt like she was in no harm and whatever has happened to her is not her fault...I'm thinking it definitely wasn't premeditated, something just went awry. I'm just hating this whole situation...the "blame the victim"..."criticize the Arubans".....AND whoever is responsible for what happened to Natalee....the media hounds.....the families who will be destroyed by this....the whole thing stinks.

But back to my point, I was truly surprised when I heard the kids on the Aruba trip were in CnC's just because I had no idea Aruba would have one. I know CnCs has been expanding....but was like "in Aruba??? Nooo not Aruba! It's been there for how many years??? Really???"  Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2005, 10:39:12 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
BHT tonight said that Natalie's room is on the ground floor with an entry from the beach.  Does this not contradict what Dash said...she said you could only enter the room from the main lobby, over a bridge, etc.?????

No I posted that People reported her rm # 7114 was ground level, w/ sliding doors opening up onto the sand.

Sorry, DivaToo, I didn't see your post and I was just recalling a post from Dash where she said that Natalee's room was like hers, and could only be accessed from the main entrance, and over a bridge.  I've stayed in resorts and know that rooms have sliding doors to a deck or the pool level, which would lead to the beach.

It was just an observation....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2005, 10:40:03 PM »

EVERYONE in the world is deathly afraid of something.  Why can't they find out what this JVDS punk is afraid of and press him until he snaps like a twig.  Let Aruban LE look the other way...send an operative with expertise in torture in to have a little chat with Urine...and when he breaks let Aruban LE take all the credit for solving the case.  The alternative....never solve the case...but hey, at least you didn't violate Urine's rights.....a small moral victory compared to solving the biggest case in the history of Aruba.

Did it ever occur to any of you ------ that Joran actually doesn't know what happened to Natalee? If he left her at Marriott beach then someone else could have kidnapped her that we have never heard of yet. There are 100,000 people on Aruba.

Right, he left her at the beach.  When he learned she was missing, he and his friends got together and came up with a great lie because....?????  I just don't get that part.  Where did they get the idea of the security guards?  If Nat was kidnapped by someone unknown by VDS & Co., why didn't they make up some other kind of lie that left her in the company of some other tourists or students?  Why would those boys try to get the security guards into trouble?  Please give me an explanation that is not a cover up of some guilty deed.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2005, 10:41:13 PM »

Arubagirl,

You'll be interested to know that Tim from Equasearch just said when his daughter was missing he had no more help and cooperation from US law enforcement than Natalee's family is getting in Aruba.  I may be saying that wrong..but, basically he said he had a horrible time being heard.
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2005, 10:41:15 PM »

Quote from: "RB"

Yes, inspector.  It has.  Your point?

My point is that everyone keeps thinking up different ways to beat the information out of Joran.

Maybe Joran doesn't know what happened to Natalee? - could that explain why he hasn't "talked" yet. Rolling Eyes

Maybe Natalee is still alive? - could that explain why Natalee's body hasn't been found ? (apparantly to everyones disappointment) Rolling Eyes
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2005, 10:41:40 PM »

Quote from: "Dublin"
Geraldo said, (I don't know if this is true, but he said police have evidence) of a cell phone call to one of the Kalpoe bros at 2:30 am asking for a ride, then a text message to same at 3:15 that he didn't need it after all, then Paul picked him up and gave him a ride home at 4 am.

He made it sound like the record of the calls were definetely in police records, but also suggested he'd like to have a record of all the cell phone calls and the locations for where the phone calls came from. (i.e. the cell tower location, though I'm not sure whether there would be more than 1 or 2 on the island. )

When Mr. Moustage said 4am as a matter of factly that is a major miles stone.... I been eager to track all times during the dates of sunday/monday..4am seems very odd, it implicates PVDS directly to the dissapearance.  I also gives Joran about 2 hrs with Nat at the beach.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #292 on: June 27, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"

I have never, for a second, believed there's been any protection of the Kalpoe brothers.

I would be most interested in hearing a viable explanation as to why:

1. the van der Sloot home wasn't searched May 31?
2. the clothes of Joran, Paulus, Deepak and Satish from that night weren't taken?
3. the vehicles weren't seized immediately?
4. they waited 10 days?
5. the prosecutor has yet to interview Beth, Jug, or any of his friends who have vital information pertinent to this case?

Also, on an unrelated note, how prevalent is Santeria in Aruba?

Initially (and not unreasonably) LE assumed that Natalee had run away and was in hiding.  The best way to locate her and quiet the clamor was to locate Nat.  Ergo, the best approach was to wire the boys, particularly Joran whom they assumed she was involved romantically.

At least that's my theory and I don't think it was unreasonable for LE to act that way.  Wrong, yes, unreasonable, no.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #293 on: June 27, 2005, 10:42:21 PM »

The classic beauty, lawyer is on now. Arlene something?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #294 on: June 27, 2005, 10:42:35 PM »

Quote from: "OldFart"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Mariane Croes is looking like she had a makeover!!!  Oh, no OJ all over again!!!  

She did say they have to have more information each time they go before a judge to hold a suspect.  I didn't know that.

Ya ..but did anyone else notice a right eye wink when gretta asked if  he has changing his tory again??

I thought I imagined that!  guess not - not sure if it was involuntary, or if it actually meant something though!
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2005, 10:42:43 PM »

Carlos & Charlie's started out to be very strict. No one under 21 and they did check rigourously.

Then it was no one under 18, but they did check.

Now? Barely checking.

Dash said in her interview with Scared Monkeys that she didn't think it was a wild place, maybe I'm showing my naieve small town roots here, but I find it a pretty wild place. But that's just my opinion.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "Daniel"
For those who dream of invading Aruba.. attacking a EU member state, fellow NATO member, and fourth largest investor in your deeply-in-depth nation would be a little more than the US can currently afford.
Well... "on the other side", since Aruba is just 20 miles to Venezuela... my $90 calls on crude for sure will "paid" the time I spend here.  Wink  Just kidding... ooops, I'm european too! Cool
inspector_detector
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: June 27, 2005, 10:43:34 PM »

Quote from: "da wench"

Right, he left her at the beach.  When he learned she was missing, he and his friends got together and came up with a great lie because....?????  I just don't get that part.  Where did they get the idea of the security guards?  If Nat was kidnapped by someone unknown by VDS & Co., why didn't they make up some other kind of lie that left her in the company of some other tourists or students?  Why would those boys try to get the security guards into trouble?  Please give me an explanation that is not a cover up of some guilty deed.

Apparantly that lie is what kept them out of prison. (for a while) It seems under Dutch law that if you're the last person seen with someone that went missing, you're automatically guilty of murdering that person...
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:04 PM »

I miss CaliGirl!  She was going to have spinal surgery.  Anyone remember whether she said it was today or tomorrow (Tuesday)?
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:24 PM »

1. the van der Sloot home wasn't searched May 31? Was there a search warrant?
2. the clothes of Joran, Paulus, Deepak and Satish from that night weren't taken? How do you know that they weren't taken?
3. the vehicles weren't seized immediately? Good question
4. they waited 10 days? The question that everyone has been asking
5. the prosecutor has yet to interview Beth, Jug, or any of his friends who have vital information pertinent to this case? How do you know they haven't?

My point is: The police in Aruba aren't the brightest ever, (sorry Jossy Mansur), but they are NOT NOT NOT covering up for the three boys.

You can call them inept, you can call them stupid, because imho opinion they have shown evidence of that. But they're covering up? I don't buy it. I don't see any reason to. Paul v/d S doesn't have any influence, despite his lawyer status.

Inept?  Stupid?  No!  They made mistakes.  They were not prepared for anything like this.  Their pride got in the way a bit too, but I doubt there is an LE cover up.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.