March 28, 2024, 04:51:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #30 06/27/05 Monday-PM_Tues AM  (Read 228982 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2005, 10:52:24 PM »

Did I hear this newspaper freak correctly, that there will be more arrests in a few days?
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
BHT tonight said that Natalie's room is on the ground floor with an entry from the beach.  Does this not contradict what Dash said...she said you could only enter the room from the main lobby, over a bridge, etc.?????[/quote

luna wrote:
[quote
Her room was on the beach with a door that opened to the sand.....maybe she was abducted on her way back to the HI???

That's not true... her room was by mine... You have to go through the hotel to get to it

Sorry dash...someone posted here yesterday they saw Beth on TV in her/Nat's room and they saw the door with sand....so it was posted that you could get to the room from the beach.

Not true?

Nope, you have to go through the hotel either through the front enterance (inside) or through the hotel/ outdoor restraunt part. Then you walk over a little bridge to the building we stayed in.

from

http://scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?p=36949&highlight=bridge#36949

=======

edit to give up on making the quotes come out right, it is a paste of quotes within quotes[/quote]\\

That's the ticket, Ting.  A flag went up when I heard that....not that it means anything...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2005, 10:52:39 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
1. the van der Sloot home wasn't searched May 31? Was there a search warrant? Not that we know of, but surely it wouldn't have been hard to get one!
2. the clothes of Joran, Paulus, Deepak and Satish from that night weren't taken? How do you know that they weren't taken? We don't, although those would require a search warrant as well, right?
3. the vehicles weren't seized immediately? Good question  Smile
4. they waited 10 days? The question that everyone has been asking
5. the prosecutor has yet to interview Beth, Jug, or any of his friends who have vital information pertinent to this case? How do you know they haven't?  Greta interviewed Beth and Jug tonight, and they stated that they have not spoken to the prosecutor, and that may be something that they need to do.  They aren't sure.

My point is: The police in Aruba aren't the brightest ever, (sorry Jossy Mansur), but they are NOT NOT NOT covering up for the three boys.

You can call them inept, you can call them stupid, because imho opinion they have shown evidence of that. But they're covering up? I don't buy it. I don't see any reason to. Paul v/d S doesn't have any influence, despite his lawyer status.

Arubagirl, I'm not buying the cover-up story either, just wanted to add to the post.  I also know you don't get Fox, so you wouldn't even know that Beth and Jug just said they haven't spoke to the prosecutor.   My fear is that a lot of evidence was ruined / lost / gotten rid of in the amount of time that it took them to really start investigating.  Not a cover-up, perhaps just some inexperience.  Inexperience that could/would happen in many small towns right here in America, so please don't take offense!   Smile
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2005, 10:53:10 PM »

what newspaper freak and if it's from Diario, I'm not believing it.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2005, 10:53:25 PM »

Quote from: "writergal"
  Maybe he should hook up with Jennifer Wilbanks.

Think of THAT book!

Naw, they'd prolly hold out for a movie deal.
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2005, 10:53:57 PM »

Jossey Mansur - Relatively sure that more arrests are coming.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2005, 10:54:14 PM »

You got it!  Heeeeeee's  Baaaaaaccccckkkkkkkk.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2005, 10:54:29 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
BHT tonight said that Natalie's room is on the ground floor with an entry from the beach.  Does this not contradict what Dash said...she said you could only enter the room from the main lobby, over a bridge, etc.?????[/quote

luna wrote:
[quote
Her room was on the beach with a door that opened to the sand.....maybe she was abducted on her way back to the HI???

That's not true... her room was by mine... You have to go through the hotel to get to it

Sorry dash...someone posted here yesterday they saw Beth on TV in her/Nat's room and they saw the door with sand....so it was posted that you could get to the room from the beach.

Not true?

Nope, you have to go through the hotel either through the front enterance (inside) or through the hotel/ outdoor restraunt part. Then you walk over a little bridge to the building we stayed in.

from

http://scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?p=36949&highlight=bridge#36949

=======

edit to give up on making the quotes come out right, it is a paste of quotes within quotes
\\

That's the ticket, Ting.  A flag went up when I heard that....not that it means anything...[/quote]

Well the school kids were there for a few days, and I doubt many of them spent a lot of time in their rooms, and Mrs. Beth has been in the room for almost a month, so...
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2005, 10:54:42 PM »

They've never spoken to the prosecutor? WTF?

The only reason that I CAN think of (and it's pretty stupd) is that the prosecutor can't seem to be too biased for the victim's family.

Again, I said it's a stupd reason.

Zazzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2005, 10:54:43 PM »

Quote from: "bob_in_MD"
Quote from: "mitzid66"

I'm sorry to sound like I'm lecturing but it gets old hearing people say "When is the government going to step in?"  as if the whole world is our to do whatever we want with.

Well said

"You must be the CHANGE you wish to see in the world"
Mohandas Gandhi
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55:38 PM »

Ugh, Geraldo, please, please, please take Jossy Mansur with you.

igsigs
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55:48 PM »

Quote from: "sandy"
I personally had trouble with this David Saunders referring to PVDS as 'the FAILED JUDGE" that to my mind was rude and uncalled for - certainly not geared to winning friends and influencing enemies / whoever among Arubans

I was very surprised to hear that also, and it was uncalled for. I think that the release of PVDS was crushing to Nat's family. They saw the PVDS arrest, as many others did, as the last chance to get Joren to talk. When PVDS agreed to waive the right of testifying against Joren he, in effect, locked his fate with Joren. The PVDS arrest actually solidified the VDS defense instead of breaking it. And then PVDS was released. Nat's family is starting to feel helpless and more of the the same type of personal accusations can be expected if these boys are released one by one and the case stalls. tough to blame Nat's family though.
dpsz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55:56 PM »

Greta asked Beth this question tonight and I thought she said it DID open onto the sand.
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2005, 10:56:32 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "writergal"
  Maybe he should hook up with Jennifer Wilbanks.

Think of THAT book!

Naw, they'd prolly hold out for a movie deal.

Yes, a remake of "Two for the Road."
another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2005, 10:56:35 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Did I hear this newspaper freak correctly, that there will be more arrests in a few days?

Don't get too excited about what he says, or any of the Aruban media, or government officials. They are required to protect Aruba's image.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #335 on: June 27, 2005, 10:57:23 PM »

Quote from: "kshe78"
Jossey Mansur - Relatively sure that more arrests are coming.

Well it was said that PVDS is still a suspect even if they couldn't convince the judge to hold him.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2005, 10:58:14 PM »

another monkey, again, I can tell you, that Diario is not at ALL a fan of the current government. Please, read the articles.

WHY in the name of heavens do people think that everyone listens to the Aruban government? Please someone please explain me that.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »

Quote from: "Daniel"
Quote from: "Vorpman"
Forensics is key as stated numerous times in the past.  I only hope the FBI took charge of that part of the investigation, but I doubt it.

From what I recall, the cars were shipped to the Netherlands for forensic examination. In that case the Netherlands Forensic Institute (http://www.forensischinstituut.nl/content/english.asp?lang=en&dID=12) will examine them and collect evidence.

For those who dream of invading Aruba.. attacking a EU member state, fellow NATO member, and fourth largest investor in your deeply-in-depth nation would be a little more than the US can currently afford.
<<

But the prime and only suspects were released for ten days, plenty of time to destroy all forensic evidence and the VDS home was not even searched until their second arrests.  What's the point, why bother after they had ten days to cover their trails?  And so much of the island has not been searched until this day with the elements destorying any forensic clues.  The FBI brought divers at the beginning and they would not use them, refused to allow them to search.  Why?  Lots of resources were offered and rejected.  There are 200 Dutch marines sitting on the island and no searches being conducted locally.  Geraldo *ugh* even asked their commander if they would help and he said no.  I have to ask why?

Deepak was even seen washing his car, etc.  Instead all we got were these smug lectures about how we have to respect the legal system of another country (as though we have any choice in the matter) and how we have more crime than Aruba yet they will not accept that we would therefore know more about investigations.  All our experience should make us extremely proficient, should it not?  BTW, we have a lower crime rate than much of the EU, especially Great Britain's stats come to mind.  We are so much larger that the number is therefore greater but not proportionately.

So we have waited and waited and waited patiently, respecting the Legal system and the cultures and traditions and listening to all the lectures and what is wrong with our own country, a litany of unsolved crimes here and how much all of you hate us ugly Americans all the rest and now nothing.  No solution, no body, no evidence.  A legal system is only as good as those enforcing it and in this case it just reeks of a cover up.  Why not use the resources offered?  Why not have the Dutch marines searching?  

BTW, Americans in general have never deluded themselves that we have any friends in the EU as one of its main reasons for being is to challenge the US politically and economically.  Your own euro is not looking so good itself about now but this is not a political forum.  And we do not need reminding hourly of our shortcomings but in this instance we are the victims and it is an American who is missing and about whom so very little has been done, our offers to help rejected and our own LE blocked from any participation.  

And we should not complain about any of this?  I don't understand.  It is our citizen missing and we should just take having her, her family and friends bashed and trashed, our offers of help not just rejected but blocked, DNA evidence destroyed and suspects given every opportunity to cover their trails.  All we get is the Hate America routine which, frankly, Scarlett, has worn really thin.  We should care about this because???  When one of ours is missing, we can count on our friends to do everything to help recover her??  We know there is no friendship there, never has been really unless we were paying for things but it would seem  that the almighty dollar that is all they seem to care about would have brought a better response than this.  Hate us all you like, I personally don't care but we do pay our bills.  That is all that is wanted of us, right?  So we have fulfilled our part of the bargain and get nothing for it.

Evil or Very Mad   Sorry, don't mean to rant but I am overdosed on being told what is wrong with my own country as an answer for why this case was so bungled if it was not a deliberate cover up.  And a little research might just show that there were no leads, no DNA to take and no knows suspects in many of those which is certainly not the case in this instance.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2005, 10:58:48 PM »

5. the prosecutor has yet to interview Beth, Jug, or any of his friends who have vital information pertinent to this case? How do you know they haven't?

This was a question asked tonight by Greta...they have not talked to the prosecutor AT ALL!!!  They did say though that this is something they will now try to do.

When Greta asked them, it seemed to take them by surprise....like they had never even thought about it.
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

You got it!  Heeeeeee's  Baaaaaaccccckkkkkkkk.

No kidding, that was terrible for all parties. I have a nagging feeling the MSM will be throwing a lot less money at this after the 4th.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.