April 16, 2024, 03:57:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #30 06/27/05 Monday-PM_Tues AM  (Read 229514 times)
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #420 on: June 27, 2005, 11:40:23 PM »

Arubagirl,

What's this about the Kalpoes washing their car at 2/3 am? The morning Natalee disappeared?
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #421 on: June 27, 2005, 11:40:38 PM »

arubagirl  -- I have a question for you.

Do y'all take siestas there?  I mean, are the hours of business and dinner different from in the states?  Just trying to get a handle on the late night hours of the Island teens for others who keep questioning it, if any of that is applicable.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #422 on: June 27, 2005, 11:40:50 PM »

So, I can only answer to posts answered directly to me?

All righty then. Is that a new rule? I think I missed that one.

Well, certainly people who have never been here have not gotten that much credibility in talking about something. I was talking about people being on the ISLAND. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's like saying that everybody in the U.S. are religious freaks while never having been there.

I don't mind anyone posting, but by God if you're going to attack my HOME, then you better have something to back it up. Sorry if THAT offends YOU.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2005, 11:41:46 PM »

Itawamba, no siestas, unfortunately. That's a good idea, actually, hmmm.

iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2005, 11:42:16 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "rogers"
Interesting update at Dan's.  Nothing earthshaking, but interesting...

Are you refering to the fact that the TX Equusearch is running into overly agressive reporters hampering some of their search?

i imagine since the us press has been on top of this story and it is just catching on in holland that they forgot to coordinate with the dutch press that just showed up.  i think they had a deal with the us press not to follow them around or report details for operational security reasons.  if the crooks are tipped off they are getting warm they might just move the body somewhere else.  that is why you don't see a lot of real time coverage of the search.  they don't want the crooks to know.  which crooks?  good question.. and reihl ought to clam up on this subject too since he is wrong often anyway.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2005, 11:42:49 PM »

Anna, I saw this quote from Arubagirl and she has a point.  Frankly, anyone can respond to any post on the main board - including yours. She's defending where she lives just as you would where you live, so lighten up
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:26 PM »

Quote from: "Britney"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "katya"

!. Natalee is an adult, there was no reason to believe she was a victim of a crime on 5/31.

Rolling Eyes Wow, show some respect for her!

Quote from: "katya"

I really hope that in the US, police are not permitted to enter people's homes and search in such circumstances. Maybe the law protects criminals, but it also protects innocent people. The government should not be allowed to search your property at will.

Ummm no, not at will, every heard of a search warrant?? Rolling Eyes

Do the cops in the US get a search warrent to search all the last known contacts  for every 18 year old chick that goes missing? This is not a missing kid.
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2005, 11:44:51 PM »

>>I don't mind anyone posting, but by God if you're going to attack my HOME, then you better have something to back it up. Sorry if THAT offends YOU.

arubagirl, you're just about perfect, but ya gotta learn to scroll through this bait girl. Smile

boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:17 PM »

Quote from: "Zazzu"
Quote from: "inspector_detector"
... Excuse me Daniel, the U.S. could destroy the entire world with 1 submarine...
A rather bully type response no?
LOL... a "little" bully but not "entirely" smart at all.  Laughing
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:43 PM »

Excuse me Daniel, the U.S. could destroy the entire world with 1 submarine.  Have a nice day!

How is this even remotely relevant to anything regarding Natalee or the investigation.  The US is not without its own problems by far.  Not only in the US itself but abroad.  Criminal investigations, missing persons investigations, and government operations here in the US are by far not perfect.  Our military strength has absolutely nothing to do with this case and our military and our government have absolutely no business in Aruba unless invited.  It's not our country, they seem to do just fine without our government meddling in their business and they certainly do not need to be invaded by us.  The point here is that just because we may not agree with how this investigation has been conducted, we don't know what they have and don't have and we would be really pi-sed if another country invaded us or blasted our LE or bashed our country if we were unable to find one of their missing persons in the US.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:53 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Itawamba, no siestas, unfortunately. That's a good idea, actually, hmmm.

Very good idea--makes a lot of sense in tropical climates.  *I* observe the custom here in TX, but no one else does, lol!
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:06 PM »

OK. Can we get these times straightened out? I don't have cable, so I don't know what was said on CNN or FOX tonight about it. Tell me what's wrong here. And if it's right, tell me how we know that.

1. We have Geraldo saying PvdS picked Joran up at 4 AM on the night Natalee disappeared

2. Joran called Deepak for a ride, then text messaged nevermind he had another ride

3. Geraldo says JVDS first text message to Deepak for a ride home, then secound text messages an hour later, "never mind he's got a ride". PVDS picks JVdS up at 3:00 pm and takes him home.

4. then we have satish's lawyer saying:
 2:40 - Joran Calls Deepak and says he's walking home and will email when he gets home
 3:15 - Joran Text messages Deepak - he's home  

5. Someone making 2 ATM withdrawls @ 3:00 am and 3:45 am. If this is true and if it was Paul, could it be he was gambling and away from the house, meaning more incentive for Joran (& friends) to take Natalee back to the house where they were alone.

6. Do we know for sure that Valentijn came back on Sunday with the father? Or did he come back on Wednesday with Anita?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:17 PM »

Quote from: "waited_too_long"
Quote from: "arrabba"
Beth and Jug seemed really demoralized by Paulus van der Sloot's release.  They were much more critical of the investigation than they have been in recent days.

They have NEVER been anything other than critical of any actual investigation. They go on gut feelings and in their gut JVDS is guilty. Too bad really. Maybe JVDS is but maybe he is not but they have been frothing at the month for a month. How someone really find this girl?

I have to ask, if it were your child, and you had no answers, how would you react?  I think that if this exact same scenario was occuring in Tybee Island, GA, Miami Beach, FL, or the beaches of Greece, they would be reacting the same way.  They don't have their daughter, they don't know what else to do to find her, and they are angry.  I have heard them say several times that they know LE in Aruba are doing their job.  That being said, they don't feel any closer to finding Natalee than the day they arrived on the island.  I don't believe that their sentiments / lashing out / anger would subside if this were being handled in any other city or country.  The fact that it's in Aruba is almost a moot point.  It sucks for the good citizens of the country, whose island is receiving a "bad name" (by some) because of the actions of a few individuals.  I don't think the majority of people (or at least myself) blame it on the island or the peopel on the island.  There are bad seeds everywhere, this just happens to be there.  

It's a natural reaction to be angry and lash out wherever you can when you are hurt, upset, worried sick, and scared.  Should it be directed at the Aruban LE?  Maybe, maybe not.  Since none of us are intimately involved with the investigation or the hearings or the interrogations we really don't have much right to pass any judgment, as we don't REALLY know much of anything about the case.  

It all boils down to the fact that she's their 18 year old daughter.  Yes, she's legally an adult, but to a parent she's their "baby girl" and they will do whatever it takes to find her and bring her home -- dead or alive.  Her mother said tonight that she will stay there forever if that's what it takes.  I admire their courage, their discipline, their hope and their love for their child.  Perhaps Jug comes across a little too strongly at times, but he doesn't know how else to cope with the blow he's been dealt.  That's why so many people are so attached to this case.  Natalee could be anybody's daughter, and we all want her to be found alive and safe to take this family out of the depths of hell they feel they are in.
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:25 PM »

Okay....so can anyone else help me out here?

I know from Geraldo (and absolut!) that Joran called Deepak at 2:30, texed (is that a word not associated with Texas?) him at 3:15 (some confustion over what was said: either he got a ride per the attny yesterday or never mind per Geraldo tonight) and that his dad picked him up at 4 am.

Also, seems to be some confirmation that PvdS was sighted around 3 - 4 at McD's.

I gather that there is still some confusion re SGC....apparently he "lied from the bottom of his heart" re seeing the HI dropoff and yet also reported (voluntarily) a convo he overheard by Deepak....

Did Greta have anything new to add to the picture?

danki...
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:41 PM »

Has Geraldo's reporting been believable for those of you that have watched it?  Do his statements seem verified?

Innocent people dont lie.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2005, 11:47:48 PM »

Well, certainly people who have never been here have not gotten that much credibility in talking about something. I was talking about people being on the ISLAND. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's like saying that everybody in the U.S. are religious freaks while never having been there.

I don't mind anyone posting, but by God if you're going to attack my HOME, then you better have something to back it up. Sorry if THAT offends YOU.

aruba girl, you can post to anybody you want as far as i am concerned, you are golden.  your paticipation here is invaluable to those of us who want to understand this thing.  your treatise on the partiality issue was insightful.  thanks again.  sorry we ask so many questions.  i will repeat my mantra:  listen to the arubans, there are no secrets on the island.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:02 PM »

Kipster, I promse I'm trying, but it's really really really hard.

Everytime I read the word cover-up I get a red haze in front my eyes.

Guys, I've gotta go, I've got all of 6.30 hours left of sleep.

Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:20 PM »

Quote from: "Charlotte"
Quote from: "kkial"
Channel 13 in Birmingham  just

Damn!  I hate that I missed that.  Do you remember the student's name?

Oops,,no missed that...I bet it will be on the site,,great interview tho..
Very articulate...

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:22 PM »

Arubagirl---- I am sorry that you have to deal w/a**holes like this
and lately too frequently...I love aruba and you are a great spokesperson for your land.  It is beautiful.  thank you.l

peace to all
doman4
Scared Monkey

« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2005, 11:48:43 PM »

ARUBAGIRL- I have been watching this board for the better part of the past month.  I have seen you react very responsibly to alot of irresponsible lashes from many people who have never been to Aruba.  I for one love your country.  I own a timeshare at Playa Linda.  I have not found one single thing I dislike about Aruba or its people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.