March 28, 2024, 10:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #30 06/27/05 Monday-PM_Tues AM  (Read 229015 times)
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: June 28, 2005, 10:54:21 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
The greatest threat to Aruba is tourism.  I'm sure the pressure they're getting from hotel owners and Aruban establishments is huge.  It seems that kind of internal pressure is far greater than governmental pressure.  The US cannot violate laws and treaties...and they can't under any circumstances set a precedent in dealing with other possible missing person cases around the world in the future.

Then have someone other than the "godfather" of the prime suspect, and last known person to see Natalee---to oversee LE actions in the case.
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #821 on: June 28, 2005, 10:54:42 AM »

deleted post as I messed up all the html .
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #822 on: June 28, 2005, 10:55:27 AM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "katya"
This was posted on the main page, no link

Translation:

Aruba calls for Dutch aid

WILLEMSTAD(Curaçao,SvL) Aruba is requesting
The Netherlands to defend the island towards the
American authorities. Minister of Justice Croes
hopes to offer (some) counterpoise against
"e;the ghost stories &unqoute; in American
media over the dissapearance Natalee Holloway.

Croes had a conversation yesterday at Curaçao
with Minister (of Justice in Holland, SvL) Donner en
Pechtold (Minister of “Kingdom relations”, SvL).
Croes said he was afraid of the consequences for
tourism regarding Aruba. The island is, according
to Croes being portrayed as a gamble and drug paradise
and the credibility of teh legal system is at stake.

Donner has promised to deliberate the matter with
(the Ministry of) foreign affairs (Minister Bot, Svl).

I would probably get slammed if I said what I really want to say to that.

I'm with ya, and thought the same thing Evil or Very Mad  Mad
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #823 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »

Quote from: "bigpoodle"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Hey, I was watching Greta last night talking with NH's parents, and I heard Mrs. H-T say something interesting......she said something about....we've been talking to people in Washington............I took that as in D.C., and I was impressed. I don't know anyone, including myself, who has enough juice to talk to someone in Washington without causing a visit from Secret Service. Anyone else catch that? and think, hmmmmmm too?

This is from Gerben's post earlier, and correlates the above:

"There are already highlevel talks between the US and the dutch government about this case so the pressure is already high."

Gerben, how do you know this?  Was this in a newspaper?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...seems like the government has quite enough to handle with the mess its made with Iraq.  Of course, they do seem to welcome any diversion.

Wow......Gerben has been a reliable poster from what I have seen. I always pay attention to EVERY word in his posts. hmmmm

Ut-oh, BigPoodle, your quote ended up within mine; can you fix that please? Thanks
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:09 AM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Hey, I was watching Greta last night talking with NH's parents, and I heard Mrs. H-T say something interesting......she said something about....we've been talking to people in Washington............I took that as in D.C., and I was impressed. I don't know anyone, including myself, who has enough juice to talk to someone in Washington without causing a visit from Secret Service. Anyone else catch that? and think, hmmmmmm too?

This is from Gerben's post earlier, and correlates the above:

"There are already highlevel talks between the US and the dutch government about this case so the pressure is already high."

Gerben, how do you know this?  Was this in a newspaper?

Wow......Gerben has been a reliable poster from what I have seen. I always pay attention to EVERY word in his posts. hmmmm

Me to, wonder who he could work for, who could that be......let's see.....yep I bet he does. He has some good info, and insightful as well
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:33 AM »

Quote from: "newshound"

Translation:

Some of my friends, here in the USA believe that if the investigation remains stalled, maybe even totally  stale-mated, that our State Department will then issue a Travel Advisory for Aruba - and that such "first-step" action would have an horrific impact on tourism there.

Actually, the US does use travel advisories in a punitive fashion, but in all honesty, they don't affect tourism that much. I don't think there would be an "horrific" impact. This tactic was used against Mexico in the run up to the Iraq war.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:37 AM »

Hmmmmm, what? Vast conspiracy at work here? The woman is contacting Senators and congressmen, for God's sake. That's what our elected officials are for. Our elected officials take interest in situations like this. They represent their constituents. Anything sinister about that? I'm hoping someone will take an interest in this case and encourage the Aruban government to move forward, but I suspect it's too late. Valuable time has passed, and valuable evidence is gone forever.
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2005, 10:59:42 AM »

<<But, I took him to say he was going to call Dutch authorities about using the Dutch military to help search.>>

At least with Dutch military involvement, there's a chance of having a person work on the case who isn't Joran's godfather, or Paulus' best friend, or Anita's bridge partner, or....

Listen to the Arubans; there are no secrets on an island.  Of course, by the time they're all revealed, the case will be a glacier.
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #828 on: June 28, 2005, 11:00:09 AM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"

I would probably get slammed if I said what I really want to say to that.

I'm with ya, and thought the same thing Evil or Very Mad  Mad

Come on folks, that is a fake article.
dl3fan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: June 28, 2005, 11:00:32 AM »

Quote from: "gaijin"
Who was it that made the post about the Beastie Boys "Brass Monkey" song???

Now I cant get the d*mn thing out of head!!!

Sorry Gaijin it was me!  I hate it when I get songs stuck in my head also!

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #830 on: June 28, 2005, 11:00:37 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "tkubi7"
Quote from: "Just me"
Quote from: "WonderWoman"
http://www.riehlworldview.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/susp_4.jpg

Wonder who's hand that is on the boys shoulder, not Joran's...[/img]

It is someone named Freddy, saw the complete picture with names somewhere, I will check if I can find the link again.

This might be the Freddy you're talking about
http://connect.tickle.com/photo/index.html?albumid=.X5c4e4cTdeGBeOQ

Here are some pix of Joran I found on that site:

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2462806P7694817337.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465738P7124504447.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2462781P7063382009.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465740P7934217736.jpg

could this be the 14 yr old gf
http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465730P7607616023.jpg
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #831 on: June 28, 2005, 11:00:56 AM »

Quote from: "newshound"

Translation:

Some of my friends, here in the USA believe that if the investigation remains stalled, maybe even totally  stale-mated, that our State Department will then issue a Travel Advisory for Aruba - and that such "first-step" action would have an horrific impact on tourism there.

Actually, the US does use travel advisories in a punitive fashion, but in all honesty, they don't affect tourism that much. I don't think there would be an "horrific" impact. This tactic was used against Mexico in the run up to the Iraq war.

Katya, don't worry. There won't be any punitive travel advisories. I'm just hoping that it won't take too many Natalee Holloways for tourists to get the message on their own.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: June 28, 2005, 11:01:27 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
I don't know anyone, including myself, who has enough juice to talk to someone in Washington without causing a visit from Secret Service. Anyone else catch that? and think, hmmmmmm too?

Poor Paula:

I disagree with this statement.  People lobby or talk to their state and federal officials everyday.  It's nothing new.  If that connection comes from well-heeled political donors it helps even more.  Sounds like Twitty has some powerful well connected friends.

But, folks call their congressman and senators everyday....they often deal with issues concerning family members in other countries.

Yes, people do call their congressmen and senators, but unfortunately, not many do. That was what I was implying. The average person couldn't be talking with anyone in Washington. NH family talking with someone in Washington could and most likely be the result of juice from talking to them before about relevant issues in their state. I'm just saying, that's not average today.....only because most people will complain about issues, but they don't vote, let alone contact their local officials.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #833 on: June 28, 2005, 11:02:49 AM »

Quote from: "air23ac"

i would also bet big that if the media wasn't all over this, they would kicked the holloways out by now.

Non-citizens of Aruba cannot remain on the island for longer than 90 days without a residency permit.  To obtain a permit, you must be able to show financial resources to support yourself (and anyone staying with you) without employment, along with other information.  Contact the immigration authorities in Aruba for details.

Hopefully, the Aruban lawyer Beth and Jug have retained has already informed them of this policy, and is taking all necessary steps to secure residency permits for them and any other family members who will remain on island until Natalee is found (or Joran confesses).
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #834 on: June 28, 2005, 11:02:53 AM »

Quote from: "KKM"
Yes, I think that statement about J being an exchange student came from another MB teen. My take on this is that Joren was referring to his upcoming US college career, where he would be an exchange student.

Don't everybody get all worked up.  Yes, the very first statements were that the last person she was seen w/ was "some Dutch foreign exchange student".  This has never thought to have been anybody but Joran.

Wrong! There have been posters here, and still are who have used that one line as "proof" joran was not the last person to actually see Natalee. As if there was someone else involved.
dl3fan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: June 28, 2005, 11:05:09 AM »

Non-citizens of Aruba cannot remain on the island for longer than 90 days without a residency permit.  To obtain a permit, you must be able to show financial resources to support yourself (and anyone staying with you) without employment, along with other information.  Contact the immigration authorities in Aruba for details.

Hopefully, the Aruban lawyer Beth and Jug have retained has already informed them of this policy, and is taking all necessary steps to secure residency permits for them and any other family members who will remain on island until Natalee is found (or Joran confesses).[/quote]

What if you leave for a couple of days and come back like Jug has done?  Does the 90 days start over?

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: June 28, 2005, 11:05:48 AM »

Quote from: "MsPooh"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News just said the Police Commissioner is Joran's Godfather.

Well that just thickened this plot tremendously!

Was he the one who allegedly said, "How could I do this to my best friend's son?"
Fluffy Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #837 on: June 28, 2005, 11:05:57 AM »

Quote from: "ajmac57"

I feel for all parties, but why should the U.S. do anymore than it has, or start conflict abroad.

When you leave the country you take chances.

Sadly, I think this is where I land on this topic, too.

The usual place to go for help in a foreign country is the embassy, consulate, whatever diplomatic presence we have with Aruba or the Antilles.  They  are the liaisons between our government and foreign governments on the topic of US citizens in foreign countires.  I have not heard anything about this type of contact --  perhaps I just missed it.  Anyone know?

The other thought I have is for people annoyed by the US media stirring things up  --  the US 'free press' really helps keep us free  --  because they have the contstitutional right (dare I say duty)  to investigate, analyze, criticize, and report on our government and any other topic they choose.  I know the US press can be annoying but this freedom is very important to our system. I try to remember that when I think they are annoying, myself.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #838 on: June 28, 2005, 11:07:26 AM »

This totally freaked me out: I am having a problem with my new laptop, so I logged into Dell support to chat live with a technician. So I entered my question and was flipping back and forth between this forum and the chat session while I was waiting for a technician to respond. When I checked back with the Dell support page, I see this:

{Deepak 10:00:48 AM} Thank you for contacting Dell Consumer Technical Chat Support for Desktops,printers,Electronics & Accessories.My name is Deepak, Please give me a minute to review your question and in the mean time can you please verify the system shipping address and the telephone number.  

I guess Deepak is a pretty common name!
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: June 28, 2005, 11:07:39 AM »

they are talking about this case on the view right now.

Innocent people dont lie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.