March 28, 2024, 04:37:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #30 06/27/05 Monday-PM_Tues AM  (Read 228979 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #840 on: June 28, 2005, 11:08:16 AM »

Poor Paula:

I disagree with this statement.  People lobby or talk to their state and federal officials everyday.  It's nothing new.  If that connection comes from well-heeled political donors it helps even more.  Sounds like Twitty has some powerful well connected friends.

But, folks call their congressman and senators everyday....they often deal with issues concerning family members in other countries.[/quote]

Yes, people do call their congressmen and senators, but unfortunately, not many do.

Paula:

I don't want to make a big issue out of this...but, people regularly DO call their elected officials....especially when needing help with family members in trouble in foreign countries.  That's why these officials have large staffs to handle such communication.  I don't think there's anything rare with this at all.  Any politician would love to be able to help a needy family.
dl3fan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #841 on: June 28, 2005, 11:09:04 AM »

Quote from: "la_cavalière"
This totally freaked me out: I am having a problem with my new laptop, so I logged into Dell support to chat live with a technician. So I entered my question and was flipping back and forth between this forum and the chat session while I was waiting for a technician to respond. When I checked back with the Dell support page, I see this:

{Deepak 10:00:48 AM} Thank you for contacting Dell Consumer Technical Chat Support for Desktops,printers,Electronics & Accessories.My name is Deepak, Please give me a minute to review your question and in the mean time can you please verify the system shipping address and the telephone number.  

I guess Deepak is a pretty common name!

Wonder how many parents in Aruba will name their kids Deepak, Satish, and Joran in the next few years?  Bet not many.

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: June 28, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

I am going to lock this thread on the next page (44). As the lunch rush comes in, it will be better to be starting on a fresh thread.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #843 on: June 28, 2005, 11:11:37 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Hey, I was watching Greta last night talking with NH's parents, and I heard Mrs. H-T say something interesting......she said something about....we've been talking to people in Washington............I took that as in D.C., and I was impressed. I don't know anyone, including myself, who has enough juice to talk to someone in Washington without causing a visit from Secret Service. Anyone else catch that? and think, hmmmmmm too?

Hmmmmm, what? Vast conspiracy at work here? The woman is contacting Senators and congressmen, for God's sake. That's what our elected officials are for. Our elected officials take interest in situations like this. They represent their constituents. Anything sinister about that? I'm hoping someone will take an interest in this case and encourage the Aruban government to move forward, but I suspect it's too late. Valuable time has passed, and valuable evidence is gone forever.

No, I don't think vast conspiracy. I think contacting Senators and Congressmen too, but contacting them all along before daughter missing. Talking with them about relevent issues in the state. If anything, their claim last night should be a wakeup call for all those who sit around and complain or go and protest when polititcal speakers take the podium.....a lot of these people don't even vote. I think this shows that if you do use your voice in a constructive manner, always, using proper channels....then guess what? The day something happens to you outside of your country, you have ears because they were cultivated all along, not just the day you scream for help.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: June 28, 2005, 11:11:47 AM »

We are speaking to washington is probably just a case of generalization.  Twitty might have some high friends in Alabama who are in turn calling offices in Washington, I dont take it to mean Jug Twitty is talking to the State Department.  We could twist words until blue in the face.

Innocent people dont lie.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: June 28, 2005, 11:12:42 AM »

This totally freaked me out: I am having a problem with my new laptop, so I logged into Dell support to chat live with a technician. So I entered my question and was flipping back and forth between this forum and the chat session while I was waiting for a technician to respond. When I checked back with the Dell support page, I see this:

{Deepak 10:00:48 AM} Thank you for contacting Dell Consumer Technical Chat Support for Desktops,printers,Electronics & Accessories.My name is Deepak, Please give me a minute to review your question and in the mean time can you please verify the system shipping address and the telephone number.  

ha ha
I can see why you freaked out but it is a common name.  One of the Network guys at my previous employment was also named Deepak! Very Happy
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: June 28, 2005, 11:13:55 AM »

interesting post on another site

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25443

"Leave no stone unturned"
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #847 on: June 28, 2005, 11:14:01 AM »

My apologies if this has already been posted, but did anyone hear Tim Miller (Equusearch) say that if the team located a body, they would keep quiet about it so as not to inflame the press? I understand, though I could be wrong, that he made this statement last night on Fox.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: June 28, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »

Very interesting re; anger and Joran. This is from Riehl.

Joran v d Sloot and the Plate Glass Window
While there is currently no evidence to suggest that Joran v d Sloot threw a boy through a plate glass window, as some news reports have claimed, a reliable source has confirmed an incident on January 23 of this year which may have led to the rumor.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/joran_v_d_sloot_1.html
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #849 on: June 28, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"

Sounds like total BS to me...sorry.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: June 28, 2005, 11:16:14 AM »

Especially those into spiritual living.   Rolling Eyes

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: June 28, 2005, 11:17:45 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "MsPooh"
Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Fox News just said the Police Commissioner is Joran's Godfather.

Well that just thickened this plot tremendously!

Was he the one who allegedly said, "How could I do this to my best friend's son?"

If this is truely the case (and I remain skeptical that it is) the dumbass should have recused himself from the very beginning.  Not doing so makes this whole mess look like a coverup.  I would also think someone with better judgement and more to lose (i.e. political appointment) would have kicked him off the case.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: June 28, 2005, 11:17:46 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I stopped reading when I saw the first sentence.

Innocent people dont lie.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #853 on: June 28, 2005, 11:17:55 AM »

Quote from: "dl3fan"
Quote from: "Catriana"
Quote from: "dl3fan"
Wondering if Red or Tom could edit the old Beastie Boys song "Brass Monkey" to Scared Monkey and play it in the background at night when things are slow....

Beastie Boys???  What are those?   Confused

The Beastie Boys were a popular rap/music group in the 1980's.  Brass Monkey was there biggest hit.

I wouldn't say that.  

Fight for Your Right (To Party) and No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn were bigger hits back then.
watchingallalong
Scared Monkey

« Reply #854 on: June 28, 2005, 11:18:26 AM »

about the comment re: washington connections...

the idea that the secret service investigates anyone who contacts a senator or rep is ridiculous & indicates an exaggerated sense of paranoia.

almost *anyone* can not only speak with a legislator but also, if (s)he is connected with *any* kind of group (i'm talking even 4-h clubs), meet with him/her. at least that's how it works with the al legislators, who try, like most delegates, to stay in touch with "folks at home" (or at least try to maintain that appearance). i have no big political or financial connections but i have met with at least three of my legislators in their dc offices with small groups who were visiting washington.

and most red states have SOME kind of tie to the current administration, too. for example, a young woman from b'ham (from near the part of town where n lives, i think) is one of mrs. cheney's senior assistants. i wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they had spoken about this.

this case is huge in alabama, and in fact it is quite likely that the ht's were contacted BY their legislators rather than being the ones doing the contacting.

please post only news/info here
natfortplum
Scared Monkey

« Reply #855 on: June 28, 2005, 11:18:27 AM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "Just me"
Quote from: "WonderWoman"
http://www.riehlworldview.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/susp_4.jpg

Wonder who's hand that is on the boys shoulder, not Joran's...[/img]

It is someone named Freddy, saw the complete picture with names somewhere, I will check if I can find the link again.

This might be the Freddy you're talking about
http://connect.tickle.com/photo/index.html?albumid=.X5c4e4cTdeGBeOQ

Here are some pix of Joran I found on that site:

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2462806P7694817337.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465738P7124504447.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2462781P7063382009.jpg

http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465740P7934217736.jpg

could this be the 14 yr old gf
http://photo.tickle.com/image/2/4/6/P7/2465730P7607616023.jpg

Nope that is not her.
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #856 on: June 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM »

My friends believe that if this case is not thoroughly solved in expedient fashion, that the State Department will ban all travel to Aruba.

They said the "first step" would be to issue a travel advisory.

Until such an advisory is issued, it would mean that our government believes that the investigation is progressing.
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: June 28, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I'm not inferring I believe it, I just found it interesting.

"Leave no stone unturned"
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #858 on: June 28, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Poor Paula:

I disagree with this statement.  People lobby or talk to their state and federal officials everyday.  It's nothing new.  If that connection comes from well-heeled political donors it helps even more.  Sounds like Twitty has some powerful well connected friends.

But, folks call their congressman and senators everyday....they often deal with issues concerning family members in other countries.

Yes, people do call their congressmen and senators, but unfortunately, not many do.

Paula:

I don't want to make a big issue out of this...but, people regularly DO call their elected officials....especially when needing help with family members in trouble in foreign countries.  That's why these officials have large staffs to handle such communication.  I don't think there's anything rare with this at all.  Any politician would love to be able to help a needy family.[/quote]

Point taken to not make this a big issue; I retract my earlier comment.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: June 28, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »

Since there is a pause in the action, this thread is locked.

Please use RBN #31
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.