March 28, 2024, 01:14:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235063 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« on: June 28, 2005, 11:14:07 AM »

While we're a reasonable bunch, we do have some expectations for the etiquette of our posters and want you to know what will keep you in the Monkey cage, or excommunicate you to the wild jungles of the Internet to swing on a few vines to relax yourself. Needless to say, we'd like to cage you here rather than set you "free." Follow the guidelines below (there's only 3 - humor us) and you'll spend many a happy day picking flies off each other, chattering, and bouncing off the walls.

Monkeys will avoid feeding the trolls. True trolls are a rare breed; and the owners, admins and moderators know what and who they are and we have super-dooper bug spray to get rid of them. 'Nuff said.

Monkeys will use proper social etiquette in expressing their opinions. There are always more than 1 side and opinion to every story; some posts you will like and agree with, and others you won't. While lively debate is appreciated, moderators and forum admins reserve the right to admonish and/or eject, without notice, those parties who debate using insults, engage in name-calling, or otherwise imflammatory posts. Act like you're at a public place using the manners your mother taught you and you'll be just fine. If you don't have manners, don't bother posting as it just wastes our time mashing the "banned" button. We've got other things to do.

Monkeys recognize that the forum threads and some functionality may be temporarily unavailable at times. During high peak periods, forum operators may disable some features such as avatars, sig lines and the like. We'll restore it when the hooplah dies down. Likewise, we reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts or threads in any manner that we choose. Hey, when it's your house, you can move the furniture.....
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 11:26:48 AM »

Ok...were did everyone go?  Laughing
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 11:26:48 AM »

YooHoo, where is everyone?
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 11:27:23 AM »

Its dark in here.  anyone home?  Shocked

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 11:27:37 AM »

Glad to see you; I was hearing echo of myself.  Laughing
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 11:28:59 AM »

oh good!  I was afraid I was being led astray and left with no food  Crying or Very sad

PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 11:30:33 AM »

Something interesting from Riehl

Joran v d Sloot and the Plate Glass Window
While there is currently no evidence to suggest that Joran v d Sloot threw a boy through a plate glass window, as some news reports have claimed, a reliable source has confirmed an incident on January 23 of this year which may have led to the rumor.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/joran_v_d_sloot_1.html
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 11:33:25 AM »

Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Something interesting from Riehl

Joran v d Sloot and the Plate Glass Window
While there is currently no evidence to suggest that Joran v d Sloot threw a boy through a plate glass window, as some news reports have claimed, a reliable source has confirmed an incident on January 23 of this year which may have led to the rumor.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/06/joran_v_d_sloot_1.html

I did read that last night.  Again, I found it interesting that it was "swept under the rug" by LE

writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 11:34:28 AM »

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but did anyone hear Tim Miller (Equusearch) say that if the team located a body, they would keep it quiet so as not to inflame the press? I think he made this statement last night on Fox.
waited_too_long
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 11:35:06 AM »

Fresh board. May I offer some outside news that may guide some discussion. As you can tell by my NIC I think there was too long a wait to get somebody out to find this young woman. My pet theory is a date rape drug experiment gone bad. To those that think this idea is too far out, I offer this link showing how some individual in the San Francisco bay area bought and had delivered 50,000 doses by of the top date rape drug by mail

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/27/BAghb27.DTL

for personal use? I don't think so. These are weird times. Tell your kids to watch their drinks.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 11:35:45 AM »

Quote from: "writergal"
Forgive me if this has been posted before, but did anyone hear Tim Miller (Equusearch) say that if the team located a body, they would keep it quiet so as not to inflame the press? I think he made this statement last night on Fox.

He said if he found something he didnt want their cameras all over it.

Innocent people dont lie.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 11:36:21 AM »

As far as "juice" is concerned, what are you implying? That the Holloways are some privileged class, with access that the rest of us don't have? Please be open about it, if that is what you are implying. And tell us why we should turn our backs on them for that. But the reality is that ANY voter can appeal to a congressman or senator, on a personal matter like this. That's what our elected representatives are for. To represent their constituents. Some may choose to call it a sinister conspiracy. Others just call it democracy. And, as far as "juice' is concerned, let's make it clear that the Holloways are NOT just the "average citizens." They have a missing daughter in a foreign land, where the headlines are of a Conspiracy Blown Out of Proportion.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 11:36:26 AM »

Twitty PR machine went straight into damage control mode.

WTH?  Is the theory the Twitty's had a PR machine already in place, just waiting on marching orders. Crap. I think the theory is just that.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 11:37:08 AM »

Yes, something to that affect.  I believe it contain some like "unless we have a positive ID."  I do think that this would be standard procedure for such a group.  They are not about sensationalizing the situation at the expense of family members.

katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 11:37:26 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
As far as "juice" is concerned, what are you implying? That the Holloways are some privileged class, with access that the rest of us don't have? Please be open about it, if that is what you are implying. And tell us why we should turn our backs on them for that. But the reality is that ANY voter can appeal to a congressman or senator, on a personal matter like this. That's what our elected representatives are for. To represent their constituents. Some may choose to call it a sinister conspiracy. Others just call it democracy. And, as far as "juice' is concerned, let's make it clear that the Holloways are NOT just the "average citizens." They have a missing daughter in a foreign land, where the headlines are of a Conspiracy Blown Out of Proportion.

Professor, did you read that article, or just the headline?
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 11:38:10 AM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"

He said if he found something he didnt want their cameras all over it.

Thank you. There was also a report that some Dutch photographers had been throwing things in the water and yelling at the searchers.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 11:39:03 AM »

Professor;
I answered you on the other thread, but then it closed.
My last statement was along these lines.
I did not mean to imply conspiracy. As to not make this an issue, I humbly retract my statement and any implications it caused.
Thanks
gagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »

after reading the cryptic messages that were left last night .. about following the music...
this really struck me as strange..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160789,00.html

I think people might be visiting the SM's?
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 11:40:26 AM »

Quote from: "waited_too_long"
Fresh board. May I offer some outside news that may guide some discussion. As you can tell by my NIC I think there was too long a wait to get somebody out to find this young woman. My pet theory is a date rape drug experiment gone bad. To those that think this idea is too far out, I offer this link showing how some individual in the San Francisco bay area bought and had delivered 50,000 doses by of the top date rape drug by mail

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/27/BAghb27.DTL

for personal use? I don't think so. These are weird times. Tell your kids to watch their drinks.

I would say your theory is the most popular theory, if this site is any indicator.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 11:40:43 AM »

I could not agree more with you.  I don't know of a single politician in Congress that doesn't make their phone numbers and e-mail address available for constituants.  Most even have store fronts and staff in their home districts to accomodate walk-ins.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.