March 28, 2024, 06:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235031 times)
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
This is what I think... Holland should send all their inpartial judges and investigators and make a beeline to Aruba. Clean house completely for this case and lets see what comes out.

They might be afraid of what they find.
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »

Time for Holland to clean house in Aruba. Bring in new judges and detectives and a brand new Chief of Police. The economy of Holland is riding on it as well. Do they have the economy to support all the unemployed that will hit Holland's shore from Aruba when Americans boycott?
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2005, 12:09:33 PM »

How old is the police chief? (I haven't seen any pictures of him)

Where was J born? I thought it was a town that started with an A in Holland.

Who is this person:http://members.lycos.nl/vanderstraaten/
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2005, 12:12:15 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "GreatOwl"
I had heard that about the Godfather business. It was said somewhere that the LE?Godfather was quoted as saying " I cannot do this to my bestfriend's son"! anyone else remember that?

Of course we heard it.  Everyone just discounted it because it came from a report by Geraldo.

I wouldn't assume it's true yet.  The detective from Chicago who said it may have heard it on the same report.  Seems the Twitty's would be all over this one...even if they didn't say it publicly themselves...they would get reporters to do it.

The Twitty's are walking a thin line. On the one hand, they need to keep the pressure on the Aruban authorities. And, on the other hand, they don't want to alienate those authorities. So I suspect that that is why they never brought this up. I think it was a smart move on their part to remain silent on this point, or they would not have even gotten THIS MUCH cooperation.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2005, 12:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "LemonDrop"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Just heard them on Fox saying Chief of Police is Joran's godfather.

Monkey business is not good business. If they don't get this straightened out, the corruption and disregard for Natalee's life will boil over into a possible boycott of Aruba.  SNIPPED FOR SPACE!

It is so easy to understand Beth, Jug, Dave and his wife's anger! Evil or Very Mad I would be screaming! I don't know how they keep from going totally ballistic. The entire family always maintains and acts cool, but you can see the rage one layer under, just a breath away. Now I really understand the rage. No matter which way they turn, there seems to be some questionable activity. And, because they are not from the island, they are having to learn the power structure the hard way. This is so sad for them.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2005, 12:13:31 PM »

Hi all... Smile

Still nothing new on the search?

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2005, 12:14:04 PM »

I believe the Police Comissioner's name is Jan Van Strantan if my notes are correct.

edited1 x for spelling

"Leave no stone unturned"
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2005, 12:14:28 PM »

Time for Holland to clean house in Aruba. Bring in new judges and detectives and a brand new Chief of Police. The economy of Holland is riding on it as well. Do they have the economy to support all the unemployed that will hit Holland's shore from Aruba when Americans boycott?

Please remember when making these statements that the majority of Arubans are hardworking people and that a lot of money that goes down to that island makes it way back to the US via the US owned businesses down there.  

I do agree that if the justice system down there is flawed or corrupt then the people of Aruba have an obligation to fix it.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2005, 12:15:11 PM »

Seriously!  The US would have cracked this case.or at least gotten something from thse kids..like it was said on greta last night with the holloways..this is rediculous that authorities over there cant crack a 17 year old kid.......COME ON!!!!!!!!  Three weeks......... No solid leads..........two people released! Looks like we are back where we started (again, like beth holloway stated) i feel sooo bad for them!  If authorities had all these different things they could do to try to solve this, you would think they would, but they keep turning down help from others... Just because something is not admissable in court does not mean i cant be helpful!! I guess the next appearnce Joran will be makin in court is next week and if judge decides to hold him it will be for 60 days!  People on the interview last night seem to think that since these kids have held out so long...........it may not be good news next week!

Kelly
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2005, 12:15:35 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
I had heard that about the Godfather business. It was said somewhere that the LE?Godfather was quoted as saying " I cannot do this to my bestfriend's son"! anyone else remember that?

Of course we heard it.  Everyone just discounted it because it came from a report by Geraldo.

I wouldn't assume it's true yet.  The detective from Chicago who said it may have heard it on the same report.  Seems the Twitty's would be all over this one...even if they didn't say it publicly themselves...they would get reporters to do it.

The Twitty's are walking a thin line. On the one hand, they need to keep the pressure on the Aruban authorities. And, on the other hand, they don't want to alienate those authorities. So I suspect that that is why they never brought this up. I think it was a smart move on their part to remain silent on this point, or they would not have even gotten THIS MUCH cooperation.

Nope. I don't buy it.  I've covered big media stories like this....believe me, this kind of tidbit is the stuff these stories are made of.  Even if the family   isn't willing to say this....there is NO chance in hell one of the reporters there wouldn't report it...and report it...and report it!!!  Nothing would hold them back. Also, remember the competition between reporters, even within the same news organization is huge.  This would not be hush..hush...
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2005, 12:16:02 PM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"
I believe the Police Comissioner's name is Jan Van Strantan if my notes are correct.

edited1 x for spelling

Jan van der Stratten (sp?)
Daniel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2005, 12:16:49 PM »

I saw that too and was baffled. Why on earth would someone do that? Maybe they were trying to get diver to turn around so they could get a good photo for newspaper, but talk about the means not justifying the ends. Dumb.

Agreed, and if these are paperazzi, they can be pretty rude and inconsiderate. On the other hand, Riehl wrote "additional reports suggest some members of search team may have also been more confrontational than necessary" so maybe they'd been provoked. Of course, the press has a job to do, too.

fwiw, as a rule Dutch media do not show or print photos of dead crime victims (there have been a few exceptions involving important Dutch people who had been assassinated, but those photos had been taken from a distance and not in a disrespectful manner).
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2005, 12:17:58 PM »

The Fox reporter now says "he's related to the suspect"....they can't even get that right!!! A "godfather" is not a blood relative.  Sheesh.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

Nancy,
I think Beth kind of did last pm. She actually did it twice while talking to GVS. She was commenting on the support network her family had. Then she says something to the effect " what kind of support system does a 17 yr boy have"---basically she was saying he had some kind of something that was helping him, and she was very upset about it while saying that vague comment. Then this am I hear the godfather news, and knew in my heart immediately this was what she was talking about. joran has a strong support network in the police commisioner.
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »

Heavyheart-

My arguement is a pragmatic one for Holland. They should send an all new band of LE including judges, to present a picture of propriety in all things legal on the island. Otherwise the backlash of the Dutch Antilles losing their American tourist market would be devistating to them as well as the Antilles.
someone
Scared Monkey

-
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2005, 12:18:39 PM »

Unfortunately, the boys will probably be released before too long
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2005, 12:19:23 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"

Nancy,
I think Beth kind of did last pm. She actually did it twice while talking to GVS. She was commenting on the support network her family had. Then she says something to the effect " what kind of support system does a 17 yr boy have"---basically she was saying he had some kind of something that was helping him, and she was very upset about it while saying that vague comment. Then this am I hear the godfather news, and knew in my heart immediately this was what she was talking about. joran has a strong support network in the police commisioner.

Could be, but I didn't take her comment in that way.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2005, 12:19:45 PM »

Can't wait to see Greta tonight. I've noticed when she seems a little quiet during the day, she has bombshells at night. Anybody else notice that?
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2005, 12:20:35 PM »

KackyLacky;
If you're referencing a statement I made in the last thread before it closed, I want you to know that after hearing everyone's response to my statement, I went and reread it; I was off-base in what I was implying, although that was not my intention. Because of my bad wording of my opinion, and because of valid rebuttal and concerns it caused, I officially and most genuinely retract my statement. It does not accurately convey my feelings. I retract the entire thing, and do not want to generate conspiracy dialogue. I do not believe there is a conspiracy on the part of NH family. But the Aruban investigation, that's a different story.  Arrow  Evil or Very Mad No retraction concerning them  Evil or Very Mad

Paula, are you talking about the PR machine thing? If so, no I was not talking about you, my friend. I was talking about the post on websleuths. Is this what you mean? Confused
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2005, 12:20:37 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"

Nope. I don't buy it.  I've covered big media stories like this....believe me, this kind of tidbit is the stuff these stories are made of.  Even if the family   isn't willing to say this....there is NO chance in hell one of the reporters there wouldn't report it...and report it...and report it!!!  Nothing would hold them back. Also, remember the competition between reporters, even within the same news organization is huge.  This would not be hush..hush...

Well, gosh, Nancy. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either it's true, or it's not true. That seems like the simplest way to handle it. But Fox already had the edge over its competitors, so it didn't really have to push the issue to remain in the #1 slot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.