March 28, 2024, 06:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235034 times)
Marie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2005, 12:21:32 PM »

Not many people will be boycotting Aruba. I am going next month.
icey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2005, 12:22:47 PM »

Please, How about a little less of the crazy stories, and a little more pressure on your elected officials, the FBI and the US State Department. Send them your concerns that we want this case solved, for Natalee and her family.

president@whitehouse.gov
vice.president@whitehouse.gov
http://contact-us.state.gov/

Find your local officials via the internet. All have either web mail or email address.

All elected officials, the State Dept, the FBI, etc.. have phone numbers and faxes. Call them and fax a letter as well. Let's put these keystrokes to some effective use.

Also, Don t bore us with biased or racial statements on this case. It's about finding Natalee and helping her family. It's about time the masses cared about something and grouped together. What we are doing is a positive thing. If you think you have a case that needs publicity, take up the cause and get working on it!

Otherwise, please pitch in and press your government for a credible solution. That includes those in Aruba and the Netherlands!

icey
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2005, 12:23:11 PM »

Marie-

I'm sure that there are many that would not but just as many that would. Even at those numbers, the Antilles are in trouble.
Armchair_Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2005, 12:23:41 PM »

Quote from: "someone"
Unfortunately, the boys will probably be released before too long

I really hope not. Mad  They need to stay the full 116 days if nothing develops before then. Are there any laws that could extend the length or if new evidence is introduced could the 116 begin again? Of course we want Natalee to be found alive, I am just curious if any1 knows if the 116 could be extended? Question

Praying for Natalee, her family and friends
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2005, 12:23:50 PM »

Quote from: "Marie"

Yea its cheap to go there, you only need a one way ticket.

Innocent people dont lie.
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2005, 12:24:06 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
KackyLacky;
If you're referencing a statement I made in the last thread before it closed, I want you to know that after hearing everyone's response to my statement, I went and reread it; I was off-base in what I was implying, although that was not my intention. Because of my bad wording of my opinion, and because of valid rebuttal and concerns it caused, I officially and most genuinely retract my statement. It does not accurately convey my feelings. I retract the entire thing, and do not want to generate conspiracy dialogue. I do not believe there is a conspiracy on the part of NH family. But the Aruban investigation, that's a different story.  Arrow  Evil or Very Mad No retraction concerning them  Evil or Very Mad

Paula, are you talking about the PR machine thing? If so, no I was not talking about you, my friend. I was talking about the post on websleuths. Is this what you mean? Confused

Thanks for 'my friend.'
I made an inflammatory statement regarding something said by NH's parents last night.
I caused a small storm.
I reread my statement, and found the small storm was justified; I then retracted my statement.
I was wrong, and I thought maybe you were referring to that statement, and I wanted you to know I had said I was wrong.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2005, 12:24:40 PM »

Mornin' guys..so, its another wild ride on the monkey coaster today, huh?Any new news from equuesearch? And Lord God Almighty..NOT the godfather....I knew that Someone would have to be closer to this situation than what we were hearing....Something is definately stinking right about now...
Arubagirl did say last night, however, than the comish would turn his own wife in if he had to...So, maybe she can shed some light for us on this godfather thing...

"God dont like ugly"
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2005, 12:24:56 PM »

IMHO, boycotting Aruba only hurts the people that have been so helpful to the family.  Every interview I hear from them they are praising the "people" of Aruba and how wonderful and helpful they have been.  Think about it, when a financial hardship hits the US, who pays for that?  Government employees?  LE?  No, it's you and I.  We lose our jobs.  I certainly wouldn't want all of the wonderful people that have helped the family to be hurt by this.
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "dpsz"
Why would they throw things in the water and yell at the searchers?  Do they not want anything to be found or what?

Some locals were hindering search efforts.  Not sure what the extent of it is, but it sure makes you wonder Hopefully these reports are not representative of how the island thinks about this case.

From what I understand it was the Dutch media who only recently arrived on the island in force.

That's what I'd heard. I'd also heard that the Dutch reporters were jumping in the water.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2005, 12:25:32 PM »

Professor,

Our discussion on this topic had nothing to do with Fox ratings.  It has to do with a possibly important fact in the case.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2005, 12:25:58 PM »

Quote from: "Armchair_Detective"

I really hope not. Mad  They need to stay the full 116 days if nothing develops before then. Are there any laws that could extend the length or if new evidence is introduced could the 116 begin again? Of course we want Natalee to be found alive, I am just curious if any1 knows if the 116 could be extended? Question

There are rare cases when the 116 days have been extended.  Not sure what the specifics of this would entail, but its possible.  Its also possible to convict there without a body, but evidence must be strong.

Innocent people dont lie.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »

In the US i would never think they would be released...but the way this case is goin..they will be released...one of the people interviewed last night said that they dont think there will be a case, or any charges brought about, without a body...so the wya these kids are holdin up............NOT LOOKIN GOOD

Kelly
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:19 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
Heavyheart-

My arguement is a pragmatic one for Holland. They should send an all new band of LE including judges, to present a picture of propriety in all things legal on the island. Otherwise the backlash of the Dutch Antilles losing their American tourist market would be devistating to them as well as the Antilles.

Well said, you make a good point.  Just don't want to hear people calling for boycotts.  I agree that in a small comunity like this (LE and judicial system), objectivity is going to be hard to portray.  For the sake of the integrity of the system, what you say should have been done in the first week.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:36 PM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"
Quote from: "Loren"
Time for Holland to clean house in Aruba. Bring in new judges and detectives and a brand new Chief of Police. The economy of Holland is riding on it as well. Do they have the economy to support all the unemployed that will hit Holland's shore from Aruba when Americans boycott?

Please remember when making these statements that the majority of Arubans are hardworking people and that a lot of money that goes down to that island makes it way back to the US via the US owned businesses down there.  

I do agree that if the justice system down there is flawed or corrupt then the people of Aruba have an obligation to fix it.

Absolutely, as I said on the other thread to Arubagirl and any other poster from Aruba, my frustration is not in any way,shape or form directed towards the Aruban people. From everything I see, they care about Natalee and her family. Her family says the people are very supportive of their search for Natalee. I am now officially frustrated with the Aruban LE. You are right it is a distinction that definitely needs to be made. I still am planning a vacation there for later in the year. It seems to be a beautiful place.
UGAmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:38 PM »

Ouch!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  ~
Kkial
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »

I may be in information overload,,but I seem to remember in the first few days that someone did step down and someone else was going to take over,,,,,Does anybody else remember this?  This was after the comment was made about PVDS being best friend.

I would check, but have no idea where to start....

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND NEVER HAVE TO REMEMBER
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:28 PM »

Quote from: "UGAmom"

Ouch!

LOL, gotta have some dark humor for comic relief once in awhile!!!
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:51 PM »

Heavyheart-
I agree it should have been done in the begining. But not all is lost. If Holland does this now there is still time to keep the trust of the American tourist intact.
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2005, 12:29:01 PM »

I cannot believe we would actually issue a warning or a boycott of Aruba - come on have people not disappeared, or been murdered or fowl play happened all over the world to Americans - come on - there have to be more unsolved crimes to Americans than just this one island nation - it is very sad that this happened but to get this much media focus on one missing person is riduculous - how many people go missing in the States each year - how many are found - how many crimes go unsolved - this is just one - and I think the whole thing while mystifying is totally out of proportion!!
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2005, 12:30:36 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"

In the US i would never think they would be released...but the way this case is goin..they will be released...one of the people interviewed last night said that they dont think there will be a case, or any charges brought about, without a body...so the wya these kids are holdin up............NOT LOOKIN GOOD

But, in the US they or some of them may not have been taken in!!  We have a much higher standard for holding anyone!!!  They also can have lawyers present.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.