March 28, 2024, 02:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235005 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2005, 12:31:03 PM »

Is Joran's godfather by any chance lefthanded?   no I am not joking. Confused

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2005, 12:31:24 PM »

Medley-

I do not disagree with your logic but the fact is that the Genie is out of the bottle here and this story is all over the media market in the states and is even hitting here in Europe.
Marie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »

Boycotting would only bring hardship on the innocent residents of Aruba. It's a beautiful island and I love the people over there.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2005, 12:32:10 PM »

On and off...i think that the arubans are doing everything they can, but the laws over there are preventing a well organized and accurate investigation......By no means am i puttin down aruba........but there is a time that they need to go that extra length to get this solved and accept some help!

Kelly
PoorPaulaNNJ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2005, 12:32:33 PM »

Fox News........sources imply brothers are knee deep in this. Paulus questioned gave statement, but nothing concrete to hold him further and no strong evidence to contridict his statement. Contact said word on ground Joran and Father seeem saavy and not intimidated by process.
UGAmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2005, 12:33:36 PM »

Quote from: "medleyrelay"
I cannot believe we would actually issue a warning or a boycott of Aruba - come on have people not disappeared, or been murdered or fowl play happened all over the world to Americans - come on - there have to be more unsolved crimes to Americans than just this one island nation - it is very sad that this happened but to get this much media focus on one missing person is riduculous - how many people go missing in the States each year - how many are found - how many crimes go unsolved - this is just one - and I think the whole thing while mystifying is totally out of proportion!!

I think alot of the anger is the fact that the Aruban LE have seemed to have totally screwed up the investigation.  It seems as if this should be a solvable case, but at every juncture, LE has dropped the ball.  Yes, more eyes are on them than ever, but that should improve their job performance.  They have come off looking like the keystone cops.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  ~
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2005, 12:34:36 PM »

Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Just heard them on Fox saying Chief of Police is Joran's godfather.

Deputy Chief of Police is Gerald Dompig.
The title was not "Police Commisioner."
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2005, 12:34:45 PM »

Marie-

Yes, what you say is true. But Holland can and should rectify this situation and prevent the appearence of nepotism in LE. The immigration to Holland by Arubans out of work will be the result otherwise. The thing has snowballed into this.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2005, 12:36:27 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Professor,

Our discussion on this topic had nothing to do with Fox ratings.  It has to do with a possibly important fact in the case.

No, Your statement appeared to have everything to do with ratings. What you seemed to say was (paraphrased), I don't know why Fox didn't jump on this to scoop the competition, or why the competition didn't jump on this to scoop Fox. The apparent implication being that since this revelation (van der Straten) would have been so good for ratings, and since nobody jumped on it, it must not be true.

Am I missing something here?
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2005, 12:36:45 PM »

<<the police commisioner's relationship with the van der Sloot family was reported a couple weeks ago by Geraldo.>>

Geraldo's original report mentioned chief investigator.  Today's report mentioned the chief of police.  Seems like we're talking about two different people high up in the LE food chain with VDS connections.
medleyrelay
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2005, 12:36:50 PM »

Well folks when Americans travel anywhere out of the country they have to take the good with the bad - you cannot expect the comforts and protection of home when you go to other countries - it does not matter where you go - these kids went there for the fun, sun, drinking under age 18 and gambling - and now someone's family is having to deal with the Aruban justice system - people will have to think now before they travel. I am not saying I do not feel bad for the Holloways however I do not think this is  a matter for our STATE DEPT!!
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2005, 12:37:20 PM »

Quote from: "UGAmom"
I cannot believe we would actually issue a warning or a boycott of Aruba - come on have people not disappeared, or been murdered or fowl play happened all over the world to Americans - come on - there have to be more unsolved crimes to Americans than just this one island nation - it is very sad that this happened but to get this much media focus on one missing person is riduculous - how many people go missing in the States each year - how many are found - how many crimes go unsolved - this is just one - and I think the whole thing while mystifying is totally out of proportion!!

I think alot of the anger is the fact that the Aruban LE have seemed to have totally screwed up the investigation.  It seems as if this should be a solvable case, but at every juncture, LE has dropped the ball.  Yes, more eyes are on them than ever, but that should improve their job performance.  They have come off looking like the keystone cops.

Its the fact that FROM THE BEGINNING the investigation has be "tampered with" and not well organized....that is why people are frustrated, angry, etc............ IF it didnt take a week to take the boys in...and things were handled correctly, and it just hasnt gone well, that is one thing. There is NO excuse for the way this all has gone..that is why people are angry. I think everyone can admit that, yes, there is a lot of publicity on this case, which puts a lot of pressure on the govt, to have every move be watched.......and if it wasnt for her parents refusin to settle for a "question mark" then it would have been forgotten already!

Kelly
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2005, 12:37:57 PM »

Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Fox News........sources imply brothers are knee deep in this. Paulus questioned gave statement, but nothing concrete to hold him further and no strong evidence to contridict his statement. Contact said word on ground Joran and Father seeem saavy and not intimidated by process.

Well... at least after 3+ weeks I can see some sanity in the way to solve the mistery. Wink
skellman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »

Pressure is one thing a boycott is another. This case is definetly not going away. Beth said today she is leaving the light on and that is what we should do. She also said when she visited the vds home pvds started to sweat so profusley it had to be wiped up with towel. How can he sleep with this knowledge. Pressure and time will solve this case not a boycott or us govt. intervention.
Marie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2005, 12:38:32 PM »

Well folks when Americans travel anywhere out of the country they have to take the good with the bad - you cannot expect the comforts and protection of home when you go to other countries - it does not matter where you go - these kids went there for the fun, sun, drinking under age 18 and gambling - and now someone's family is having to deal with the Aruban justice system - people will have to think now before they travel. I am not saying I do not feel bad for the Holloways however I do not think this is  a matter for our STATE DEPT!!

Well said....couldn't agree more.
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2005, 12:38:39 PM »

Medley-Then why are there American Embassies? That feature of the American Gov is part of the State Dept...
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »

There wouldn't be a travel alert for something like this.  It's a big story for us...but, in the big scheme of things it's not.  IF this were a situation where an American was held under questionable circumstances, and all kinds of diplomatic options had been used OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.  That would be different.
azvet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2005, 12:40:16 PM »

Quote from: "Loren"
Marie-

Yes, what you say is true. But Holland can and should rectify this situation and prevent the appearence of nepotism in LE. The immigration to Holland by Arubans out of work will be the result otherwise. The thing has snowballed into this.

How long has Milosovic (sp) been on trial in the Hauge in the Netherlands (Holland)? Three years or better and no resolution yet? I don't think the Holland justice system would add anything to this case to bring a quicker resolution based on their latest performance over there.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a Veteran
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2005, 12:40:53 PM »

mmmmmmmm wonder if LE can lie/trick suspects in Aruba like can be done here. Note---I am not saying I think our LE having that ability is wrong---I would bet it has solved a lot more cases than we can ever imagine.
If they can use this tactic, they could pick up daddy VDS again and then  tell joran his dad confessed to hurting Natalee and see what he does/says, or vice versa. I think it would very interesting. If that didn't work, they could always say a "peripheral" witness saw something. Also, tell the sateesh that deepak admitted to hurting her, and see what you get. Especially if,as Katherine at Fox reports, her sources say the bros kalpoe are "knee-deep" involved in the case.
That said she really didn't have any breaking news that we did not know. I absolutely hate it when Fox plays that music and acts like old news is new news.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2005, 12:41:42 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Professor,

Our discussion on this topic had nothing to do with Fox ratings.  It has to do with a possibly important fact in the case.

No, Your statement appeared to have everything to do with ratings. What you seemed to say was (paraphrased), I don't know why Fox didn't jump on this to scoop the competition, or why the competition didn't jump on this to scoop Fox. The apparent implication being that since this revelation (van der Straten) would have been so good for ratings, and since nobody jumped on it, it must not be true.

Am I missing something here?

No, No, No...what I said was if this fact were true it would've been reported over and over and over.  That hasn't happened.  Which leads me to believe it's Geraldo BS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.