March 28, 2024, 08:14:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235048 times)
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2005, 01:13:42 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "Armchair_Detective"
Quote from: "someone"
Unfortunately, the boys will probably be released before too long

I really hope not. Mad  They need to stay the full 116 days if nothing develops before then. Are there any laws that could extend the length or if new evidence is introduced could the 116 begin again? Of course we want Natalee to be found alive, I am just curious if any1 knows if the 116 could be extended? Question

In the US i would never think they would be released...but the way this case is goin..they will be released...one of the people interviewed last night said that they dont think there will be a case, or any charges brought about, without a body...so the wya these kids are holdin up............NOT LOOKIN GOOD

actually this is wrong, I think people are forgetting the way the American system works

if the prosecutorial team in Aruba didn't have enough to hold Paul Van Der Sloot past 48 hours, you can rest assured that by the American standard of probable cause that Paul Van Der Sloot could neither be detained nor charged because the Aruba standard is in fact much lower than the US, aye there's the rub, which is why it is curious that the father was released, surely the prosecutors in Aruba, knowing that PVDS has connections to both the legal community and police community would not be arresting him on a mere whim, ie. they would only pick him up if they had more than the usual evidence.......

and those 3 boys, even if they were charged in the US, depending on the charge, they could still make bail

remember bail kids?

and just because these kids are released doesn't mean they still aren't under investigation, just like when people are released on bail.....
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2005, 01:15:34 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
<<casting doubt if a young teenager Joran would have the expertise to pull a caper like this, that not even a hair is found.>>

They admit that Natalee was in the car.  Not finding a hair, or any other shred of evidence, seems to indicate that the three DID have the expertise to pull off a caper like this.

Didn't someone report that Deepak had his car cleaned after this all happened? I don't remember where I saw it or read it... Can anyone confirm? If so that would explain lack of hair etc.

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2005, 01:15:54 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "writergal"
I think a lot of people's frustration with this whole situation goes back to the first two weeks of the investigation, when the Aruban authorities kept making announcements that the "case would be solved within 24 hours," or that it would be solved "tomorrow." I still can't figure out why they set themselves up this way.

Yea I concur, but the Texas search team said the same thing.. like they gonna find Nat with in a day.. Why they say that?

I don't know. It's troublesome when law enforcement (or any) people make promises they obviously can't keep.
   I suppose it's barely possible that they did find a body yesterday or even the day before and are keeping that information under very tight wraps pending an official identification.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2005, 01:16:40 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew

But, in the US they or some of them may not have been taken in!!  We have a much higher standard for holding anyone!!!  They also can have lawyers present.

EXACTLY NANCY, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT TOO AND YOU COULDN'T BAR PARENTS FROM VISITING THE KIDS COULD YA?

NOW THE ONE THING ARUBA DOES HAVE THAT WE IN NORTH AMERICA DON'T IS A PRIVILEGE BETWEEN PARENT AND CHILD - BIZARRE Shocked
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2005, 01:17:07 PM »

Quote from: "Marie"
Quote from: "medleyrelay"
Well folks when Americans travel anywhere out of the country they have to take the good with the bad - you cannot expect the comforts and protection of home when you go to other countries - it does not matter where you go - these kids went there for the fun, sun, drinking under age 18 and gambling - and now someone's family is having to deal with the Aruban justice system - people will have to think now before they travel. I am not saying I do not feel bad for the Holloways however I do not think this is  a matter for our STATE DEPT!!

Well said....couldn't agree more.

The unique component to this case is that, even though Aruba is a Dutch protectorate, for all and intents and purposes, the island nation's existence is predicated on it remaining an American playground.

Right or wrong, the American government wields a great deal of leverage in this situation because the island's survival is dependent on the tourism generated from the US (~80% of its revenue).

You would be hard-pressed to find another foreign island in the Caribbean, or any country outside North America for that matter, that relies more upon the American market than Aruba.  Thus, you have this perceived heavy-handedness, that would unlikely exist elsewhere under similar circumstances.
gagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2005, 01:17:21 PM »

Geraldo reported the car cleaning of DK last night. Divatoo.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:13 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "Professor"
Professor,

Our discussion on this topic had nothing to do with Fox ratings.  It has to do with a possibly important fact in the case.

No, Your statement appeared to have everything to do with ratings. What you seemed to say was (paraphrased), I don't know why Fox didn't jump on this to scoop the competition, or why the competition didn't jump on this to scoop Fox. The apparent implication being that since this revelation (van der Straten) would have been so good for ratings, and since nobody jumped on it, it must not be true.

Am I missing something here?

No, No, No...what I said was if this fact were true it would've been reported over and over and over.  That hasn't happened.  Which leads me to believe it's Geraldo BS.

It may have been that the Twittys didn't want him to air this revelation, so early in the case. Better to hold it over van der Straten's head, to get cooperation. There is a delicate balance that the Twittys have to maintain, and I am sure that they have made this clear to Fox News. I listen as closely to what Beth Twitty DOESN'T SAY as I do to what she DOES SAY.

There isn't a reporter down there who would hold back on a story like this, even for the Twitty's.  As I said before, this kind of tidbit is the stuff cases like this are made of!   It could be it's been covered up and no one has been able to confirm it...but, that's doubtful too...this is an easy thing to get confirmation on.  I've sent this question to someone I know covering the case.  I'll see what she says.

Nancy I think you are wrong there, I also think there are stories being held back right now as we type! lol. Sometimes when GVS gets going you can actually tell she is self-editing. The family does it all the time. I would think, especially when dealing with a foreign country and a totally different culture, one would have to be very careful what is said out loud and what isn't. One of the reasons there is "breaking news" of little tiny facts at a time, is because the big stories can't be told in entirety, YET.

It will be interesting what your friend says, please let us know.
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:53 PM »

Very Happy  Good morning/afternoon All! Hope everyone is doing well today

I have two questions for ya and yes i know i am probably grasping at straws, but we do have to look at all possible scenarios

(1) Do we know if Paulus has any ties with anyone in construction?  Could a body not be placed where concrete was poured, thus body lost forever?

(2) Did the police search the entire yard of the VDS's? I know we heard they searched the house and cars, but I would think with the high walls they could have buried a body easily on their own property with no peeping eyes anytime of day  or nite? Could have placed some structure over to hide grave?  Just thinking out loud.......

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2005, 01:18:53 PM »

Quote from: "gagirl"
Geraldo reported the car cleaning of DK last night. Divatoo.

Rolling Eyes  Ok Thanks, guess that's going in my rumors & speculation column

LOL

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Ben
Scared Monkey

« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2005, 01:19:04 PM »

<<casting doubt if a young teenager Joran would have the expertise to pull a caper like this, that not even a hair is found.>>

They admit that Natalee was in the car.  Not finding a hair, or any other shred of evidence, seems to indicate that the three DID have the expertise to pull off a caper like this.

Who said they didn't find any evidence in the car???

They aren't releasing evidence to the public.
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2005, 01:19:18 PM »

G'day monkeys!

Any news today on the search at the quarry?
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »

I really hope not. Mad  They need to stay the full 116 days if nothing develops before then. Are there any laws that could extend the length or if new evidence is introduced could the 116 begin again? Of course we want Natalee to be found alive, I am just curious if any1 knows if the 116 could be extended? Question

In the US i would never think they would be released...but the way this case is goin..they will be released...one of the people interviewed last night said that they dont think there will be a case, or any charges brought about, without a body...so the wya these kids are holdin up............NOT LOOKIN GOOD

But, in the US they or some of them may not have been taken in!!  We have a much higher standard for holding anyone!!!  They also can have lawyers present.

I don't think they will be held more than a few days longer

after they admitted to being with her the night she dissapeared and left with her after the club.........yes they would have taken them in...then proceeded to impound their car, take their clothes, cell phones...computers...etc..... then , at that point, there would have been evidence, or reason to hold them.........No if the investgation went like this has (not doing anything for a week) then no we wouldnt be able to hold them.........but im pretty sure........forensics would have been alll over those boys, their houses, clothes, car and telephone and email records the second they were picked up............Not a week later.......

Kelly
m.a. johnson
Scared Monkey

« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2005, 01:22:38 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"

Didn't someone report that Deepak had his car cleaned after this all happened? I don't remember where I saw it or read it... Can anyone confirm? If so that would explain lack of hair etc.

There is such a thing as a potential crime scene being too "clean".  It would depend on the evidence they were looking for....say, if it were blood, that would still likely be detectable whereas hair would not or skin fibers may not.  Also, is there any indication or traces of cleaning substances being used in the vehicle?  It was said that the car was being washed at 3:00 a.m. one morning but I have read no official reports of this.

Thanks goes to all the good men and women in uniform that have paid the ultimate sacrifices for our nation. I <3 you M.K.J.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "m.a. johnson"
Quote from: "trikand_123"
I do not post much in here. But it is rather unbelievable how this case attract so much people. It is also unbelievable how can young life "dissappear" in such way.

Lot of theories were presented in this forum, however I did not notice one i believe rather important issue, which in cas of jorans involvement may play quite significant role.

I am from Europe and i can tell how young people got set against America after events in yugoslavia and recently in Iraq. It may seem plain, but I have seen young americans getting into the fight with young people in russia and I am sure some accidents of this type might have happened all around Europe. After reading dan Riehl's story of Jorans fight with american guy in local restaurant sometime in winter, squarrel preceding the dissapearance of Natalee with some classmates of Natalee, and also some comments of jorans father regarding to "this is not america" there is something telling me that this guy have these antiamerican issues. In young guys psychology this may serve as an "excuse" to whatever he did. It's kind of scary, but all his arogant behavior towards nat' mom points at it.

On the other hand, all such conversation may end up in terrible shame if joran is proven innocent. However, nothing yet points to that so I just wanted to add some comments.

This is my thought.  I appreciated your perspective here.  The impression I get and I was thinking about this this morning is that Joran may certainly have some sort of hostility within him where his physical actions against others are an indication of his disproval of others or an attempt to control them.

I think the original poster has hit on one possible way someone like Joran might "rationalize" his actions (if indeed he did what I think he did). But it Joran were a true sociopath, he wouldn't need ANY reason. And that is the scary part. It could just as easily have been a Dutch girl, or a Venezuelan, or Colombian girl. And the results would have been the same.
Just me
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »

Message on this forum posted by 'red':http://forum.prophecies.us/viewtopic.php?p=82282#82282

just in:

Who is Jeremy Edward Brown??? He came here on the same day as the students and did not leave the island yet., according to immigration.
Here in Aruba we have PRE- Clearace imm. so that you do not have to
go through imm. in the states again. Could Jeremy be friends with Natie
or is he her boyfriend that Natie Aun't in the states (brown hair) told Larry King???

Also Beth H. told in her intrerviewshe was called by 911 in USA that her
daughter has been kidnapped before she came here to Aruba.. Is this true?.
Also the US search & rescue team insulted our press by very ugly names, but they do only allow FOX news to film the searches. Mr. Miller told the press here and in US that "No press will be allowed to the search".
Please let me know this is very important

Any info, please reply..
RED..

Someone who heard more about this guy, he also graduated on the same school. Is he missing too??

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/south.ssf?/base/community/1117133115430711.xml&coll=2#continue
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2005, 01:24:53 PM »

I don't know but on the other hand, this guy was apparently in love with his car so the fact he cleaned it at least once before the cops grabbed it wouldn't necessarily be sinister, they did take long enough to pick it up

while I realize CSI is fiction, they had an episode where a limo had been detailed, possibly more than once before the crime lab got to it, and they still were able to find hair and blood,  people think they have gotten all the blood cleaned up but all you got to do is use lumenol and you can find it, even if people used bleach etc

they had another episode of CSI where a woman bleached a puddle of blood on hardwood floor and she put a coat of poly on it every year (she had killed her husband's first wife years ago) and they were still able to determine it was blood by using lumenol......
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2005, 01:25:15 PM »

Quote from: "m.a. johnson"

There is such a thing as a potential crime scene being too "clean".  It would depend on the evidence they were looking for....say, if it were blood, that would still likely be detectable whereas hair would not or skin fibers may not.  Also, is there any indication or traces of cleaning substances being used in the vehicle?  It was said that the car was being washed at 3:00 a.m. one morning but I have read no official reports of this.

Yes someone last night on Gretas interview said that he "apparently" had his car cleaned that next day, according the the car wash attendant

sorry if this posted numerous times Rolling Eyes

Kelly
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2005, 01:25:49 PM »

Yes, I agree the early days might

I don't think they will be held more than a few days longer

after they admitted to being with her the night she dissapeared and left with her after the club.........yes they would have taken them in...then proceeded to impound their car, take their clothes, cell phones...computers...etc..... then , at that point, there would have been evidence, or reason to hold them.........No if the investgation went like this has (not doing anything for a week) then no we wouldnt be able to hold them.........but im pretty sure........forensics would have been alll over those boys, their houses, clothes, car and telephone and email records the second they were picked up............Not a week later.......

Yes, I agree the early days might have been handled in a much more aggressive fashion...enabling LE to bring in the suspects.  HOWEVER,  this is NOT always the case in the US....we aren't perfect here either.  I covered Ramsey and believe me the crime scene and much more was compromised.

But, say we had the evidence we thing they have on these three...there is no way in hell they'd be holding any of them on "reasonable suspicion"  as a constitutional lawyer just said on Fox...that' s the lowest possible standard, and to think someone could be held on that low standard for 116 days is shocking!

I don't think Beth Twitty would want anyone in her family picked up and held in that way.

Just Wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2005, 01:28:27 PM »

trikand_123:
 I see more and more Europeans on this blog. I imagine quite a few are Dutch. It appears that after the arrest of PVDS the interest picked up tremendously.
Good points:
1. The fight at the Dunkin' Donuts when Joran slammed a boy against the glass. No repercussions.
2. Anti-Americanism among Arubans. I joined this blog the 1st week in June. It surprised me since so much of the economy and so many reports of how "Arubans love Americans". It seems like there is a thinly veiled contempt for Amerians.

This is important in the political and socio-economic landscape of Aruba.
I think it will require the Dutch to become much more actively involved.
If Aruba suffers in tourism there will be much more of a demand to return to Holland. Immigration is a hot button in the Netherlands.
Enough for a libertarian politician (Pim Fortuyn) to be assasinated in 2002 over the subject. See below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn

The Dutch will be on this much more if the "Boycott Aruba" movement takes hold in America. They do not want Aruban or immigrants to seek the Netherlands as an alternative to a downturn in tourism.
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »

This won't be the last investigation not done well.  Other things maybe did work to their advantage though.  Time will tell.

There are two types of rumors on the island:

1. She is dead and buried somewhere
2. She is alive and is being helped or held by 2 guys

I am focused on the second rumor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.