March 28, 2024, 07:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235038 times)
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2005, 02:11:22 PM »

I've always thought it captured the imagination because it is the worst nightmare of all parents

now having a missing child for any reason is the worst nightmare of any parent

but I don't think we've had a missing person case in this particular kind of scenario,   none that I can remember........

add to the fact that Aruba is a popular and deemed safe tourist destination

factor in the rest of the news has been the same old same old, esp in Washington

the exceptions being the Boy Scout was found [the kid is kind of weird, they now think he was hiding from rescuers because he was taught to avoid strangers) and the three boys stuck in the trunk and may I just say, I was reading about the father ragging on the cops about why they didn't check the trunk of the grandmother's car, he said it was one of the most obvious places to look,  I hate to seem callous but hello dad if it was so obvious why didn't you check the trunk of grandma's car before you even called the police, because then you certainly may have had a chance at saving those boys

I certainly would not call the police until I had checked every inch of my property and at the house of every friend and nearby relative and these boys had played in grandma's car before......but I digress. sorry mod
tkubi7
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2005, 02:12:36 PM »

Quote from: "Onnimus"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Just heard them on Fox saying Chief of Police is Joran's godfather.

Or godfather in the religious sense, like a Catholic sponsor?--> This wouldn't make sense given that Joran's tickle profile said for religion: "None...sowwy" (exact quote)

actually, Joran's Myspace profile states christian-other for religion

"Leave no stone unturned"
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2005, 02:12:56 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "trikand_123"

I am from Europe and i can tell how young people got set against America after events in yugoslavia and recently in Iraq. It may seem plain, but I have seen young americans getting into the fight with young people in russia and I am sure some accidents of this type might have happened all around Europe. After reading dan Riehl's story of Jorans fight with american guy in local restaurant sometime in winter, squarrel preceding the dissapearance of Natalee with some classmates of Natalee, and also some comments of jorans father regarding to "this is not america" there is something telling me that this guy have these antiamerican issues. In young guys psychology this may serve as an "excuse" to whatever he did. It's kind of scary, but all his arogant behavior towards nat' mom points at it.

I concur with this assessment based on the interview Greta van Susteren conducted with Anita and Paulus van der Sloot.

Here is the relevant excerpt:

VAN SUSTEREN: Girlfriends?

ANITA VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, of course. I mean, there were two girlfriends in his life that he had a longer relationship with. One was an American girl, who left, who was part of the school, and she just sent an e-mail totally upset because she finished the relationship and she thought that Joran was too sweet, she needed a stronger man.

Why would a mother say something in an interview aired worldwide, that would be most embarrassing and humiliating to her son?

Why say, in a defensive manner, 'Yes, of course', and then immediately proceed to correct herself by saying, 'I mean...' ?

In a homophopic society like Aruba, where any absence of masculinity amongst men is denigrated and frowned upon, it is reasonable to conclude that Joran, through societal pressure, overcompensated for his perceived lack of manhood by preying upon vulnerable women whom were either extremely intoxicated, drugged or not mature enough to recognize his motive, like the 13-year old 7th grade East Asian girl he dated this past year.

With Natalee, another American girl, he likely transferred that abandonment rage upon her.

There is also reason to believe this was not an isolated or first incident.

Why would Deepak, a friend of Joran's, say that he "should have never left the girl alone with the Dutch boy", unless Deepak has knowledge or reason to believe that Joran is dangerous or that Natalee wouldn't be safe with him because he has a violent past with women?

I never heard anything about deepak sayin that or "sellin out" his friend..if true..that is very interesting..i was wonderin...why we havent heard much bout the brothers at all.......anyone hear new info bout them?

Kelly,

Mickey John, the framed black security guard, said in an interview after being released, that Deepak had admitted this to him while they were in jail together.

Wow, dont know how i missed that, i watched that interview with him when he got out a few times......must have been one i missed.....i only heard the story about not actually goin to the HI ..well thanks, good to know

Kelly
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2005, 02:15:40 PM »

Editorial Note:

Please refrain from using creative derogatory spellings of names in this story. Joran, Geraldo etc.

The front page of ScaredMonkeys continues to rise in the google rankings, as do the pages on this forum. With the increased traffic I would encourage you to stay on topic and possibly limit the conversation in this thread to breaking news as you get it from your "sources".

Also limit your page refreshes to 1 per minute

This affects all threads and all parts of the site.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2005, 02:15:59 PM »

... Or godfather in the religious sense, like a Catholic sponsor?--> This wouldn't make sense given that Joran's tickle profile said for religion: "None...sowwy" (exact quote)
Yup... a "bright" conclusion, mainly since the "godfather in the religious sense" is a cerimony usualy realized when a person is 2 or 3 years old. Wink
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2005, 02:20:34 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Reporter on Fox said that SC and PVDS are STILL considered suspects..even though they have been released. Also..Dutch Marines will be helping with the search and Mr Miller is greatful for the help.
  SC and PVDS may be out of jail.. BUT I betcha they are being watched like hawks.

Let's see now. They've probably burned their clothes, washed and vacuumed out their cars, erased their hard drives, gotten rid of all traces of Natalee and her clothing, etc., etc. But we can be sure the Aruban authorities will now be watching them like HAWKS at this point. I'm sorry. If they WANTED to sabotage this investigation, they couldn't have done a better job of it.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2005, 02:20:45 PM »

Dutch Marines will be helping with the search and Mr Miller is greatful for the help.

Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly are to thank for that pressure/suggestion.
karen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2005, 02:21:37 PM »

hi, first post here. lived in the virgin islands 15 yrs, HI a couple & visited aruba many times with my parents & as a teen hoping to move there, back when there was only 1 hotel. i also have a missing son that vanished from right here in FL, where i live now & have gotten NO help even here in the US! (pls see my link)

from my experience in the islands :

babylon = USA

twitty put VDS's on the defense, IMMEDIATELY, with his attitude upon arrival to aruba. island people are extremely  polite & observe the "good mornings", "how are yous", regardless.

blast me if you will, it is the truth!

Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2005, 02:21:40 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Reporter on Fox said that SC and PVDS are STILL considered suspects..even though they have been released. Also..Dutch Marines will be helping with the search and Mr Miller is greatful for the help.
  SC and PVDS may be out of jail.. BUT I betcha they are being watched like hawks.

Let's see now. They've probably burned their clothes, washed and vacuumed out their cars, erased their hard drives, gotten rid of all traces of Natalee and her clothing, etc., etc. But we can be sure the Aruban authorities will now be watching them like HAWKS at this point. I'm sorry. If they WANTED to sabotage this investigation, they couldn't have done a better job of it.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

Kelly
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »

Quote from: "JerseyMom"

Deputy Chief of Police is Gerald Dompig.
The title was not "Police Commisioner."

I heard the statement this morning, but for the life of me I can not remembr the exact title...perhaps if we could get the title correct, attach a name to it...and then see if the 'godfather' statement can be verified as correct..  Would this not need to be someone they knew and were close with from Holland as a child is baptized usually while a babe in arms. ....and I am fairly sure I read they had only been on the island for approx 15 yrs.  I think IF this is true there could be some sort of legal appeal to have this person recused (much as what would happen with a judge in a case would )....and an independant police official brought in from someplace else...perhaps the Hague?  Could this person actually hinder the investigation?  Just thinking out loud.

Sunny

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klowe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2005, 02:26:32 PM »

I have been suspicious of the arrest of PVDS from the beginning, especially with him being released so quickly.   I get a weird feeling that it might have done for ulterior motives.  1.  To pacify NH parents or 2.  To allow PVDS to get on the inside where he would have the opportunity to speak to or get messages to JVDS on the inside.  Were they in the same location when PVDS was arrested, or different places?   This is purely speculation.  
Klowe

Fox News........sources imply brothers are knee deep in this. Paulus questioned gave statement, but nothing concrete to hold him further and no strong evidence to contridict his statement. Contact said word on ground Joran and Father seeem saavy and not intimidated by process.

**come home safely and soon Natalee**
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2005, 02:26:56 PM »

Couldnt the Godfather also be someone who came over from the Netherlands?
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2005, 02:28:02 PM »

<<Yup... a "bright" conclusion, mainly since the "godfather in the religious sense" is a cerimony usualy realized when a person is 2 or 3 years old.>>

Then an official denial should be very simple to issue.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2005, 02:30:03 PM »

Quote from: "karen"
hi, first post here. lived in the virgin islands 15 yrs, HI a couple & visited aruba many times with my parents & as a teen hoping to move there, back when there was only 1 hotel. i also have a missing son that vanished from right here in FL, where i live now & have gotten NO help even here in the US! (pls see my link)

from my experience in the islands :

babylon = USA

twitty put VDS's on the defense, IMMEDIATELY, with his attitude upon arrival to aruba. island people are extremely  polite & observe the "good mornings", "how are yous", regardless.

blast me if you will, it is the truth!

I don't feel anyone has reason to "blast" you.  I am sorry to hear that your son is also missing.  I hope you can get the help you need.  I know in looking at your "link" that it is being viewed by many right now.  

stay and follow if you have time.  If not, our prayers go with you.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2005, 02:30:43 PM »

I have a question..everyone keeps wondering about the time line..would Joran have enough time to dispose of a body, even with help, in the few hours that are alotted...Are we sure that, assuming Natalee is dead, that the body wasnt "stored" until the next day, and then disposed of later? That would allow enough time to pass to locate a spot, etc..or, maybe papa VDS exposed of it when Joran was at school the next day... Just wondering...

"God dont like ugly"
Onnimus
Scared Monkey

« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2005, 02:33:01 PM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"

Or godfather in the religious sense, like a Catholic sponsor?--> This wouldn't make sense given that Joran's tickle profile said for religion: "None...sowwy" (exact quote)

I have seen one that says that but I think this one was put up AFTER all this sh*t hit the fan...the first day Natalee went missing, before Joran was ID'd by name on the news, websleuths (with Arubans' help I am sure, along with MBHS kids) figured out Joran was the one last seen leaving with Natalee, and his Tickle profile was posted. For religion it said "None, sowwy". (ie, cutesy way of sorry)........then the Tickle profile was pulled down. I later saw a link to a WAY smaller scale Tickle site for Joran that I don't know if it's one he put back up knowing he was getting media searchings or was a fake....this Tickle profile had Christian in the religion, had many less friends, and didn't have all the photos from before. I tend to believe the first one, that he's just not a kid who has religious beliefs. I took "sowwy" to mean that he knows this may not be a popular stance- maybe some of his friends were Catholic, or whatever....

So I believe in the first original Tickle profile. Maybe someone has a link to a screen capture where it has the religion part.....I MAY have saved it, I have a small folder of Natalee-related stuff....saved from the very beginning....
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2005, 02:34:23 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
I have a question..everyone keeps wondering about the time line..would Joran have enough time to dispose of a body, even with help, in the few hours that are alotted...Are we sure that, assuming Natalee is dead, that the body wasnt "stored" until the next day, and then disposed of later? That would allow enough time to pass to locate a spot, etc..or, maybe papa VDS exposed of it when Joran was at school the next day... Just wondering...

Entirely possible. Or even the day following the arrival of Beth Twitty.
PrayForNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2005, 02:34:49 PM »

Quote from: "DAG"
With Natalee, another American girl, he likely transferred that abandonment rage upon her.

I wonder what the former American girlfriend looks like, if she resembles Natalee at all?  Far-fetched maybe, but if they do look alike he could have taken Natalee's rejection and another rejection by a past girlfriend that left him.

Just thinking out loud!!!

You read my mind.  Along those lines, I would like very much to know who SASHA is.

Joran posted numerous photos of "Sasha's" 15th birthday blowout.  It startled me how much she looks like a younger Natalee, one that's still more adolescent than woman.  

If the theory of transference is valid -- as you suggest -- then I'd like to know the link between Joran and Sasha.

From the photos, I doubt she's the American ex.  But if she is a relative, her resemblance to Natalee -- and Joran's romantic pursual of Natalee -- is beyond creepy.

http://album.pancayente.com/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=42

At the time of this posting, the link is still working.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2005, 02:36:19 PM »

Quote from: "tkubi7"

I have seen one that says that but I think this one was put up AFTER all this sh*t hit the fan...the first day Natalee went missing, before Joran was ID'd by name on the news, websleuths (with Arubans' help I am sure, along with MBHS kids) figured out Joran was the one last seen leaving with Natalee, and his Tickle profile was posted. For religion it said "None, sowwy". (ie, cutesy way of sorry)........then the Tickle profile was pulled down. I later saw a link to a WAY smaller scale Tickle site for Joran that I don't know if it's one he put back up knowing he was getting media searchings or was a fake....this Tickle profile had Christian in the religion, had many less friends, and didn't have all the photos from before. I tend to believe the first one, that he's just not a kid who has religious beliefs. I took "sowwy" to mean that he knows this may not be a popular stance- maybe some of his friends were Catholic, or whatever....

So I believe in the first original Tickle profile. Maybe someone has a link to a screen capture where it has the religion part.....I MAY have saved it, I have a small folder of Natalee-related stuff....saved from the very beginning....

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=14905439&Mytoken=20050609101428

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
karen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2005, 02:36:41 PM »

I don't feel anyone has reason to "blast" you.  I am sorry to hear that your son is also missing.  I hope you can get the help you need.  I know in looking at your "link" that it is being viewed by many right now.  

stay and follow if you have time.  If not, our prayers go with you.

thx, OWL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.