March 28, 2024, 06:28:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235036 times)
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #540 on: June 28, 2005, 06:37:11 PM »

from riehl world

Aruba Update 2
As posted earlier, the news that came my way from Aruba today was confounding. It suggested that the prosecutor has yet to be able to build anything resembl;ing a strong case against any of the boys, though that information cannot be 100% confirmed by me, officially, or unofficially. I can only relate it as information received from a source which has proven to be timely and reliable in the past.

I have also been told that, as clearly hinted at in a previous post here, the boys have been given lie detector tests and said to have passed all questions except for the critical question of when they either were with, or saw Natalee last. This is now the second source who has conveyed information regarding a lie detector being used in the investigation.

Frankly, sooner or later I'm likely going to get burned by going further out on a limb with a previously relaiable source than many in the MSM might. However, I do not report simple rumors, or every other email that comes my way. But, ultimately, the majority of outlets in the MSM have excellent credibility - and until I see something confirmed there - as many of my reports have been, albeit later, - the MSM is still the standard you should use for near absolute certainty.

As a result of some info since my last post, I can't fit everything into one, or perhaps even two posts - more will be coming tonight.

I've been troubled at seeing so much information coming out that appears to want to shift the focus off of the boys and Aruba. The latest report I received, again, from someone who has been reliable in the past, states that an amateur photographer gave a member of the press a picture taken recently on a yacht suggesting it resembled Natalee. The picture was said to have also been passed onto authorities. I can believe that this report is true, so far as it goes - I do not believe that an investigation will reveal it to be Natalee Holloway. These are just some of the many confusing things going on behind the scenes, sometimes coming from people that might have an agenda not always apparent, or readily understood.

One troubling item was hearing that when some requested that police patrol and barricade an area that came up in yesterday's news - it has been said that the police responded they "didn't have the time." Contrast that with other sources assuring me that the Aruban government wants to do everything possible to resolve this case, up and including now going back to Dutch authorities to request participation by the NRD (National Recherche Dienst sp?) - reportedly a Dutch national investigative unit.

While tensions seem to constantly ebb and flow in this case, they were flowing very strongly under the surface in Aruba today. One item that has been being kicked around for some time is how island politics might enter into all this.

Just as an example, the Aruban Prime Minister and the Aruban Attorney general are from two different parties and elections are said to be coming up soon. As also mentioned days ago in a previosu post, there are several political parties on the island.

Situations similar to the above has led to at least some speculation that a an individual looking for the upperhand politically might have an agenda they view more important than the rescue or recovery of one American girl. For now, that's just some of the talk I am hearing behind the scenes, of course.

More later

Innocent people dont lie.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2005, 06:37:51 PM »

Quote from: "NL"
I just saw an EXCLUSIVE interview with Paul and Anita van der Sloot on Dutch television! Some interesting details...

- Paul van der Sloot is NOT a suspect anymore; he doesn't want the Dutch media to call him "Paul van der S.", he wants them to use his full last name.Funny how the Aruban prosecutor stills says he IS a suspect, isn't it

EDITED

-- Paul first didn't want to do interviews, because he thinks the most important thing is to find Natalee. His family's problem is just a "side-issue". But now he feels he HAS to say something, because his name is in the American media all the time. He doesn't like the whol American media circus. He thinks the main-issue should be finding Natalee and finding the truth.Then why didn't he and his family go out and try to help find Natalee, why didn't they join the search if he feels the most important thing is finding Natalee.

- Eh...I think that's a short summary of what he and Anita said in front of Nova cameras....

Thank you for the translation, but I read a load of bull. Self-serving bull.
Zazzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: June 28, 2005, 06:38:26 PM »

Quote from: "Hat"
The world does not need aruba, it is an extra island we can do fine without.

Give us back our kid or we pull the plug and let it sink.

bad news knickerbockers, american prison gangs reach into every jail in the hemisphere and many others too. I can buy that kids thumbs for $200 ea. You think you are a player? You are a punk.

so you're intp the "gangsta" too?..... this kinda talk doesn't seem very helpful

"You must be the CHANGE you wish to see in the world"
Mohandas Gandhi
georgiablues
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: June 28, 2005, 06:38:29 PM »

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "georgiablues"

Frank & Goon - not meaning to start anything here but...how many languages do you speak fluently?  How often do you actually use those other than English?

I doubt anyone in the Alabama crowd spoke Dutch. I've heard PVDS speak English, and he does so quite well. Therefore, they were probably communicating in Dutch.  OTOH, if someone tells me that the Dutch word for "four" sounds like the English word for "eleven",  I will give PVDS the benefit of a huge doubt.

Personally, I only speak English, and even then my fluency might be doubtful.

Frank, I have many close friends from other countries and most of them are fluent in English.  Still, as it's not their primary language, I see them often slip over words or struggle to find the English word to express something correctly.  I speak only one other language and rarely have the opportunity to "practice".  I can see myself mis-stating a time or number even though those are "first-year" lessons, especially under pressure.

Just sayin' - a little slack should be given for language differences.
Zazzu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #544 on: June 28, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
 The "Zaanse methode"

dragonfly.....what is the Zaanse methode?

"You must be the CHANGE you wish to see in the world"
Mohandas Gandhi
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #545 on: June 28, 2005, 06:40:24 PM »

Interview with paul and Anita is ONLINE!

You can watch it here:

www.novatv.nl

Go to "DI 28" and "Complete uitzending"

I will watch it again. Maybe I forgot to mention some important details... Cool

Why am I not rushing to tune in?
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: June 28, 2005, 06:40:56 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
Someone explain some things for me:

1. Why have all the reports from the kalpoe brothers alledged only kissing and fondling in the backseat.

2. Why would someone be willing to have sex while two other people are right their in the car.  And not many people would want to be in a car where two other people are having sex.
Ugh.  I just hate that all this has to be discussed.  Poor Natalee.  No privacy here.  And I guess that's what makes me think that anything in the car would have had to have been just kissing, petting at most.  I can't imagine Natalee wanting to have sex with those two Kalpoe brothers in the front seat.  NO WAY.  Unless she was drunk past knowing or drugged.  Otherwise, I say again, ALL THE WAY?  NO WAY.  Just mho.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #547 on: June 28, 2005, 06:41:25 PM »

Mr. Van Der Sloot may look very mild mannered and scholarly however I will tell you I had a few experiences all at once that cured me of any naivety about judging people totally on their appearance, in terms of equating goodness with looks......

the Paul Bernardo Karla Holmoka rape, kidnapping & murder cases - everyone thought they were the all Canadian couple, Ken and Barbie
combined with a number of marriages of friends and family members who fell apart and you realize that sometime you can never really know people and you never know what goes on behind closed doors

couples everyone else thought were the perfect couple got divorced and only then did you hear all the sordid sometimes shocking details, I watched my one neighbour carry on an affair for years with another neighbour whilst both spouses were either in major denial or truly didn't know and again I'd have never thought the one neighbour would ever do that to her husband, the other guy, he looked like a slime ball and his wife was too good for him,

look at Ted Bundy, his preppy good looks is what got those girls he killed into his car in the first place

even look at the BTK guy, he looks like your typical civil servant jerk but not like a serial killer

so no, I don't wholly give someone a pass because they look mild mannered and harmless
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: June 28, 2005, 06:41:51 PM »

newshound wrote:

Please don't leave. I'm sure I'm not the only American who reads your postings.

Was it you who said that PVDS looked like a soft spoken kind man?

I have been very curious how he appears to his own countrymen; if, perhaps to the Dutch that the elder VDS simply seemed like a quiet scholarly type - as opposed to all the many innuendos set forth in so many comments on so many forums from posters who identify themselves as Americans

Yes newshound I saw the interview and it was the first time I hear him acctualy talk, besides the "please come in" and "no cameras  please " with the Greta broadcast. He came across as a quiet softspoken person to me not arrogant at all.

Just as I think natalee`s father seems an quiet an softspoken person.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: June 28, 2005, 06:42:15 PM »

Quote from: "newshound"
Quote from: "HannieC"
...i`m sorry to see that happen. I think that I`ll be better of with "lurking" some more in the future instead of posting.
Please don't leave.  I'm sure I'm not the only American who reads your postings.

Was it you who said that PVDS looked like a soft spoken kind man?

I have been very curious how he appears to his own countrymen; if, perhaps to the Dutch that the elder VDS simply seemed like a quiet scholarly type - as opposed to all the many innuendos set forth in so many comments on so many forums from posters who identify themselves as Americans.

They say a picture tells a 1,000 words.  

Well, if anyone saw the interview Greta conducted with the van der Sloots at their home, you would have seen an agonizing epic of anxiety, nervousness, discomfort and profuse sweating translated into every language known to mankind as guilt and deceit.
RIBoy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2005, 06:45:07 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"

1. Why have all the reports from the kalpoe brothers alledged only kissing and fondling in the backseat.

2. Why would someone be willing to have sex while two other people are right their in the car.  And not many people would want to be in a car where two other people are having sex.
Ugh.  I just hate that all this has to be discussed.  Poor Natalee.  No privacy here.  And I guess that's what makes me think that anything in the car would have had to have been just kissing, petting at most.  I can't imagine Natalee wanting to have sex with those two Kalpoe brothers in the front seat.  NO WAY.  Unless she was drunk past knowing or drugged.  Otherwise, I say again, ALL THE WAY?  NO WAY.  Just mho.

I have 2 teenagers and some of these posts lead me to believe some of the posters innocently don't understand.  but, not to offend i do think she went to the beach.  Making out or whatever with a guy on the beach is a romantic thing to a young girl.

A girl like NH would not do anything in a car with strangers in the front....not even drunk....no way....whatever happened, happened privately at the beach.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: June 28, 2005, 06:46:13 PM »

Have any of you looked at the pictures of the Fishermen's Huts that arubagirl posted?

Outside the windsurfing "huts" on that beach there are a bunch of beach chairs or chaise lounges. For swimmers or sunbathers to recline on. I wonder if those things are left out at night. And if Joran knew about them.

Deepak is not happy about the back seat situation. Joran says, OK, take us back down to Fishermen's Huts. With Natalee drugged and out of it she would know nothing. He could use the beach recliners for his assault, Deepak could just leave the the 2 of them there.

I am also assuming that Natalee vomited in the car which would go along with the drugging and Deepak's desire to thoroughly clean the car, plus make it even more awkward for Joran to attempt to rape her in the back seat. In such a scenario it would be more like Deepak himself would look for the first place to get all the mess out of the back seat, so he parks and says, OK, take her over there.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: June 28, 2005, 06:46:49 PM »

Agreed.  Im not so sure their is any real conflict though between what PvdS said and what the brothers are claiming (petting/kissing).  It was pointed out a long time ago that virijen (the word PvdS used in the interview) can have a wide variety of meanings, NL has even acknowledged that he isnt sure that PvdS meant sex.
TG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #553 on: June 28, 2005, 06:47:09 PM »

Quote from: "SW"
They really don’t think she will be found, so I suspect she is dead and at the bottom of the sea.  I know the timeline posted here doesn’t give much time to dispose of her body, but they all seem pretty certain that no one will find her.

Somehow, they are ALL involved and ALL know the details of her death.  All of them also have been briefed on Aruban law and know that if they keep quiet, eventually they will be let go.

Did I read on here that a fishing hut was broken into and an anchor stolen?

My hope lies with the Equusearch team.

I agree completely, if she is dead, then she's in the sea.  Hopefully she's alive though.
I have been wondering about the fishing hut also.  
Is there any truth in the rumor that tape, rope and anchors were stolen from a hut?????????
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #554 on: June 28, 2005, 06:47:10 PM »

Language lesson

Dutch

four - vier (sounds like "fear")

four o clock vier uur

eleven - elf

eleven o clock  elf uur

Spanish

four - cuatro (quatro)

eleven - once (rhymes with Beyonce)
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #555 on: June 28, 2005, 06:47:33 PM »

The idea that Joran was becoming intimate, while two others were in the front seat watching, has disturbing implications. I shall not go into them here, because it is no longer relevant. It is what they did with Natalee, AFTERWARDS, that is forcing her parents to comb garbage dumps and cesspools. And THAT is what concerns me now.
Charlotte
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: June 28, 2005, 06:47:54 PM »

Quote from: "RIBoy"
Quote from: "SoCalGuy"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "SoCalGuy"
Sex in the car is very possible.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  I'm not 6-3 or 6-5 like Joran but I can more than imagine ways to move seats and find positions that would work.  Clearly, this has to be a consensual situation to happen.  When you are 17 and don't have anywhere else to go the car will work just fine, even a small car.  Wink

This analogy is true, but Joran has his own apt. attached to his house. This to me would be my choice of places to go.

If the eyes had no tears,
the soul would have no rainbows

Yes, I agree.  But, in the heat of the moment ...

Sex on the beach is a very romantic thing to a girl....especially if it was her first time.  Why would she want to go in the house?  Going in the house would be so Un-Aruba like.  This trip was one big fantasy for many of these kids.....they plan way more than adults think.  making the perfect trip is so much more fun than keeping a perfect room at home.

I don't believe that this girl (or most any girl) would want their first sexual experience to be with someone they barely know and will never see again.  I think that is more of a "guy thing".

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck.
RIBoy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #557 on: June 28, 2005, 06:48:27 PM »

Concerning the sweating.....i'm 45 and i've sweated profusely anytime I do anything....especially in the company of strangers.  i've had many people ask me if i was alright...they always thought I was sick.  Even something as simple as changing batteries in a toy or being totally confused......confusion brings it on all the time...usually the worst.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #558 on: June 28, 2005, 06:49:50 PM »

Quote from: "RIBoy"
Concerning the sweating.....i'm 45 and i've sweated profusely anytime I do anything....especially in the company of strangers.  i've had many people ask me if i was alright...they always thought I was sick.  Even something as simple as changing batteries in a toy or being totally confused......confusion brings it on all the time...usually the worst.
So does my other half, age 54. Means nada, imo.
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #559 on: June 28, 2005, 06:50:38 PM »

I think it does not bode well that the VanderSloots feel comfortable enough to try a little face saving and PR by these media interviews. It makes me think that they are feeling off the hot seat so to speak. Remember just a few days ago PVDS was running like a bunny from the press!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.