March 28, 2024, 02:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN# 31 6/28/05 Tuesday  (Read 235001 times)
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2005, 07:03:36 PM »

Quote from: "RIBoy"
A few things that really confuse me.  Especially because some people like attention:

1: No woman coming forward to say this happened to them.  even someone in the closet...say about date rape...would come forward to help someone else.

2: No people coming forward to attack Joran, his father, or kalpoe's.  there's always someone willing to pile on....I don't see it here.

3: No families coming forward to say something happened to their daughter in Aruba and they were afraid to talk.

NH's actions at the concert...who she talked to, who was staring at her, who was always near her.....therein lies the answer.

Maybe they've already shared their information with the FBI. Maybe that's the "disturbing information" that got the Twittys on a plane so fast.

And, as far as the Arubans are concerned, maybe it's just "blood is thicker than water."
Rubby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2005, 07:03:51 PM »

The last known person to see NH is Joran.

They tried to frame 2 innocent people and when that didnt work they changed their story. Let's say the sercurity guards didnt have an alibi? Would they have then changed the story to clear them?

He is a liar and so are the other 2.  

If they walk I do hope eventually Bama justice will someday be administrated. Mad
Frank
Scared Monkey

« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2005, 07:04:38 PM »

Quote from: "inthepacific"
Quote from: "Dallas Also"
It would be against Natalee's religious faith to have knowingly been sexual with Joran.  She is a born-again Christian, therefore would 1) not have sex, and 2) not be "unequally-yoked" with a non-Christian, which is a teaching of the Bible.

Would it also be against Natalee's religious faith of a born again christian to drink alcohol?

I wouldn't think so, since Jesus served wine.
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2005, 07:05:30 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Well, if anyone saw the interview Greta conducted with the van der Sloots at their home, you would have seen an agonizing epic of anxiety, nervousness, discomfort and profuse sweating translated into every language known to mankind as guilt and deceit.
Perhaps you are correct in your interpretation of his exterior manifestations.

However, I know plenty of individuals who would be SO anxious to be on camera, much less on camera for an interview about their child's potential involvement in the disappearance and/or murder of a Southern belle, that I assure you 100% that they would be saturated in sweat, and make PVDS look calm & collected in comparison.

Scott, this is NOT meant to be a criticism of you, please don't take my comment that way, okay??

I'm gonna get some distance from the NH-boards, as frankly, I am VERY peeved that it does not seem that EVERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO is being investigated; and indeed, to even mention that MAYBE something else happened, other than what looks most obvious is to suddenly impugn NH's reputation. NH is a normal American teenager who appears healthy, intelligent and not some reclusive social wallflower, but rather friendly and outgoing.
RIBoy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2005, 07:05:35 PM »

Quote from: "azvet"
It would be against Natalee's religious faith to have knowingly been sexual with Joran.  She is a born-again Christian, therefore would 1) not have sex, and 2) not be "unequally-yoked" with a non-Christian, which is a teaching of the Bible.

Raging hormones, warm breezes, alcohol, warm water, stranger in paridise might trump religious beliefs for a period of time. Normal stuff IMO.

I just think that anyone who truly wants to help NH needs to put it all on the table.  No secrets, no assumptions....assume anything is possible without pre conceived notions and some pieces might fit better.

that's how those kids died in the trunk.....by people thinking why would 3 smart little boys do that....never assume and keep an open mind.  someone saw something that will become clear when they erase any bias they may have either way.  Bias to NH or bias to Kalpoes or Joran and father......an open unbiased mind thinks the best.

If she was my daughter, i would hope she didn't have sex on that beach.  But if i was searching for her I would never rule it out.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2005, 07:06:06 PM »

Quote from: "Rubby"

They tried to frame 2 innocent people and when that didnt work they changed their story. Let's say the sercurity guards didnt have an alibi? Would they have then changed the story to clear them?

If they walk I do hope eventually Bama justice will someday be administrated. Mad

Just make sure bama serves justice in Aruba because you can obviously get away with alot there.

Innocent people dont lie.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2005, 07:06:56 PM »

Quote from: "inthepacific"

Would it also be against Natalee's religious faith of a born again christian to drink alcohol?

Not neccesarily. I know a lot of christians in the south who have no problem whatsoever with drinking, although most would have a problem with being drunk.  I'd hasten to add though that we have no idea how much or even if she drank.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »

About the attorney general ( I presume that Theresa Croes - Fernandes Pedra is meant), up the last election I believe that she was a supporter of the same party as the PM. Of course, a lot can change in four years.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
RIBoy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2005, 07:08:10 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
A few things that really confuse me.  Especially because some people like attention:

1: No woman coming forward to say this happened to them.  even someone in the closet...say about date rape...would come forward to help someone else.

2: No people coming forward to attack Joran, his father, or kalpoe's.  there's always someone willing to pile on....I don't see it here.

3: No families coming forward to say something happened to their daughter in Aruba and they were afraid to talk.

NH's actions at the concert...who she talked to, who was staring at her, who was always near her.....therein lies the answer.

Maybe they've already shared their information with the FBI. Maybe that's the "disturbing information" that got the Twittys on a plane so fast.

And, as far as the Arubans are concerned, maybe it's just "blood is thicker than water."

I'm thinking tourists...worldwide....due to the worldwide nature of the publicity.....some people love attention and/or love to have problems. Some people would sacrifice their reputation to help NH.   yet, nobody has come forward at all.....leads me to believe what the Arubans say of their Island is true.
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2005, 07:08:40 PM »

Being a virgin is something you do for your own self respect, not something you do because your parents told you to.  Saying she was open to lose her virgnity with a total stranger is like saying she went to aruba to join a jazz band.  Theres absolutely nothing in her personality that would lead to that conclusion.

with all due respect, none of us know what was going on in Natalee's mind, even parents don't know what is always going on in their child's mind, we' re just engaging in what we do all the time, speculation based on our own experiences and interpretations of what little clues there are

I'm just thinking back to things me and my friends were thinking and talking about at that same age........

I was also thinking about how me and my siblings, in our early forties, are just now telling our parents stories from when we were teenagers, my mother just says, I'm glad I didn't know then.......and they still don't know the half of it.......
blfit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »

And I believe those are the cold, hard facts right there.  Nice point.

Looking for the truth.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:06 PM »

If he walks, let him go to Holland. Let the Dutch deal with him. Give him one or two years and they'll all be talking like Alabama rednecks. After all, nobody said the Dutch were STUPID people.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:35 PM »

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
[
And ONE more interesting detail: according to the reporter, Paul and Anita don't like the way how the police interrogate their son. They are worried about the tactics of the Aruban police. The "Zaanse methode" (an interrogation technique) is a technique that is not allowed in the Netherlands anymore. But in Aruba the police still use that technique (that means there are also differences between the Dutch and the Aruban system: the Aruban system is BASED on the Dutch system, but there are differences).

Can you explain this method to us??

Zaanse method means torture.

We've learned that word can be grossly exaggerated and ill-defined by the baseless controversy at Guantanamo.

Humiliating, embarrassing, ridiculing, and belittling someone is NOT torture.  Nor is sleep deprivation, alternating hot and cold room temperatures, or playing loud music.

Not to be disgustingly graphic, but in the English language, what is universally accepted as genuine means of torture are:

Cutting off fingers or toes/ripping out nails
Gouging out of eyes
Broken bones (ribs, kneecaps, fingers, etc.)
Rape
Genital mutilation/castration
Actually allowing dogs to maul...not just instilling fear, causing them to shit themselves.

We know full well, none of these practices are being conducted on Joran, Deepak or Satish.

What exact methods are being applied to coerce a truthful statement from the three suspects?[/quote]  

simlple english dictonary definitions

NOUN  1.  extreme mental or physical pain or suffering, agony  2.  act of inflicting or subjecting to extreme physical abuse or cruelty 3.  source or cause of mental or physical pain or suffering.  

Scott note "mental".  Scott, is cuffing someone to the floor and allowing him to urinate or defecate on himslef not extreme physical abuse?  has anybody ever done that to you?  would you like it if someone did it to your loved one?  do unto others as you would have them do unto you   and don't buy off on the redefinition of torture being sold by the us government.  it is torture by any accepted norm.   it is torture, not rough interviewing.
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:53 PM »

Reporter on CNN is saying that Joran is changing his story everytime evidence that contradicts his previous story is handed to him. Shocked
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2005, 07:10:16 PM »

Quote from: "azvet"

Raging hormones, warm breezes, alcohol, warm water, stranger in paridise might trump religious beliefs for a period of time. Normal stuff IMO.

I just think that anyone who truly wants to help NH needs to put it all on the table.  No secrets, no assumptions....assume anything is possible without pre conceived notions and some pieces might fit better.

that's how those kids died in the trunk.....by people thinking why would 3 smart little boys do that....never assume and keep an open mind.  someone saw something that will become clear when they erase any bias they may have either way.  Bias to NH or bias to Kalpoes or Joran and father......an open unbiased mind thinks the best.

If she was my daughter, i would hope she didn't have sex on that beach.  But if i was searching for her I would never rule it out.

I dont think her having sex on the beach (which has never been claimed to my knowledge) would really have anything to do with this case, other than perhaps catching Joran in a lie.  By the way the kids died in the car because the people involved didnt search thoroughly not because they made wrong assumptions.
RIBoy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2005, 07:10:53 PM »

Quote from: "newshound"
Well, if anyone saw the interview Greta conducted with the van der Sloots at their home, you would have seen an agonizing epic of anxiety, nervousness, discomfort and profuse sweating translated into every language known to mankind as guilt and deceit.
Perhaps you are correct in your interpretation of his exterior manifestations.

However, I know plenty of individuals who would be SO anxious to be on camera, much less on camera for an interview about their child's potential involvement in the disappearance and/or murder of a Southern belle, that I assure you 100% that they would be saturated in sweat, and make PVDS look calm & collected in comparison.

Scott, this is NOT meant to be a criticism of you, please don't take my comment that way, okay??

I'm gonna get some distance from the NH-boards, as frankly, I am VERY peeved that it does not seem that EVERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO is being investigated; and indeed, to even mention that MAYBE something else happened, other than what looks most obvious is to suddenly impugn NH's reputation. NH is a normal American teenager who appears healthy, intelligent and not some reclusive social wallflower, but rather friendly and outgoing.

Fustration with no answers has a tendency to make people who really care look under, over , and around everything that's already been done.  We all know she's a great kid...we're just trying to help.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2005, 07:12:24 PM »

Editorial Update.

ScaredMonkeys Presidential Speech discussion thread.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?p=41427#41427
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »

Quote from: "cancon"
Being a virgin is something you do for your own self respect, not something you do because your parents told you to.  Saying she was open to lose her virgnity with a total stranger is like saying she went to aruba to join a jazz band.  Theres absolutely nothing in her personality that would lead to that conclusion.

with all due respect, none of us know what was going on in Natalee's mind, even parents don't know what is always going on in their child's mind, we' re just engaging in what we do all the time, speculation based on our own experiences and interpretations of what little clues there are

I'm just thinking back to things me and my friends were thinking and talking about at that same age........

I was also thinking about how me and my siblings, in our early forties, are just now telling our parents stories from when we were teenagers, my mother just says, I'm glad I didn't know then.......and they still don't know the half of it.......

I knew kids that were 18 that would go to church 3 times a week, and never take a drink, on the other hand there were those that were doing drugs and vandilizing property but I would never reach the assumption that the church goers would join forces with the vandals just because they were the same age.  I didnt do drugs as a teenager, yet I went to "spring break" around tons of drinking and drugging, yet that didnt take my personality into a 180 degree partying frenzy.  Prior behavior is a good indicator of future behavior.

Innocent people dont lie.
Loren
Scared Monkey

« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2005, 07:12:49 PM »

Tila-

I wonder how CNN knows this? Did they say who their source is?
Sobelle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2005, 07:12:49 PM »

This is from the CBS website.  Interesting.

"He says 'Mom, I dropped the girl at the beach. I walked with her, I left her because she wanted to stay there. I left and I don't know what happened,'" the mother, quoting her son, told CBS News Correspondent Kelly Cobiella. "'I should have brought her to a responsible adult. That I blame myself, and I will blame my whole life, but the truth will come out and I will be out of here soon.'"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/24/world/main703917.shtml
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.