April 19, 2024, 02:19:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox News Story Posted Today  (Read 3002 times)
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« on: June 28, 2005, 01:56:04 PM »

Looks like the media pressure is beginning to shake things up a bit:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160884,00.html

Let's hope this "help" they as for will provide much needed results!

Just my 2 cents,

Strike
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 05:30:40 PM »

I realize I will get probably some negative reactions on this post, but I like to make something clear. It has erverything to do with this article on Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160884,00.html.

This day the government of Aruba called the government of The Netherlands begging for help as you can read on Fox News. No comment on that. The reason why they did that, is slightly different what Fox News reported.

- The fact is that all this media attention is 'somewhat' out of control. The Aruban government is completly stunned about all the articles of the media.
- Unfortunatly Fox News does not cover the whole thing about the legal system of Aruba and/or The Netherlands. Many persons are stuck with dozens of questions. Fox News does not answer them for you and you will be left with the idea the legal system fails or doesn't make sense.
- Fox News repeatedly spreaded some lies about Aruba. Aruba now seems to be the most scariest place on earth. In fact, Aruba is - like many places in the Caribbean - a very safe place. You can check several US websites that will confirm that.
- There are now millions of speculations about the suspects. Speculations about them or the circumstances will not help NH back nor does it help to solve this case.

Aruba does not produce any drugs. Instead, Columbia uses Aruba (and also Curacao) to transport their drugs to many places. The Aruban, Dutch and US government actively work together to fight against drugs. The US government has an counterdrug aircraft located on Aruba (check DEA website for details: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/intel/03014/03014.pdf).

Please do respect the people on Aruba and the police as they work almost 24/7. And yes, they do feel an enormous pressure to solve the disappearence of NH.
    thirdstrike
    Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 05:56:34 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"
    I realize I will get probably some negative reactions on this post, but I like to make something clear. It has erverything to do with this article on Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160884,00.html.

This day the government of Aruba called the government of The Netherlands begging for help as you can read on Fox News. No comment on that. The reason why they did that, is slightly different what Fox News reported.

- The fact is that all this media attention is 'somewhat' out of control. The Aruban government is completly stunned about all the articles of the media.
    - Unfortunatly Fox News does not cover the whole thing about the legal system of Aruba and/or The Netherlands. Many persons are stuck with dozens of questions. Fox News does not answer them for you and you will be left with the idea the legal system fails or doesn't make sense.
    - Fox News repeatedly spreaded some lies about Aruba. Aruba now seems to be the most scariest place on earth. In fact, Aruba is - like many places in the Caribbean - a very safe place. You can check several US websites that will confirm that.
    - There are now millions of speculations about the suspects. Speculations about them or the circumstances will not help NH back nor does it help to solve this case.

Aruba does not produce any drugs. Instead, Columbia uses Aruba (and also Curacao) to transport their drugs to many places. The Aruban, Dutch and US government actively work together to fight against drugs. The US government has an counterdrug aircraft located on Aruba (check DEA website for details: http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/intel/03014/03014.pdf).

Please do respect the people on Aruba and the police as they work almost 24/7. And yes, they do feel an enormous pressure to solve the disappearence of NH.

I agree with you Edwin!  And, if there seemd to be any disrespect on my part, I'll be the first to apologize.

I think what frustrates most here regarding this case if the lack of info coming from the source of the investigation, coupled with the mass amounts of rumor an innuendo coming from various "reliable sources".  Half the time, one doesn't know which way is up, and which info is accurate.

Also, the funny thing about this is, I think we as Americans see so much negativity on the news (obviously reported by our own internal MSM), we sadly become "experts" in criminology, and are quick to provide critique others in conducting their own investigations.  

I'm hoping that both sides are equally represented here (as I'm sure they are doing anyway).  With a little hope, the Holloway/Twitty family will get some closure very soon.

Just my 2 cents,

Strike
      inthepacific
      Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 07:26:43 PM »

Good post Edwin!
        phl
        Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:26:02 PM »

Amen Edwin!!
          Pages: 1   Go Up
            Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.