March 19, 2024, 03:33:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George W. Bush Iraq Speech from Ft. Bragg (Discussion) 6/28  (Read 435243 times)
absolut
Monkey Junky

« on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:56 PM »

This thread is to have a public discussion about the speech and the contents thereof.

While we're a reasonable bunch, we do have some expectations for the etiquette of our posters and want you to know what will keep you in the Monkey cage, or excommunicate you to the wild jungles of the Internet to swing on a few vines to relax yourself. Needless to say, we'd like to cage you here rather than set you "free." Follow the guidelines below (there's only 3 - humor us) and you'll spend many a happy day picking flies off each other, chattering, and bouncing off the walls.

Monkeys will avoid feeding the trolls. True trolls are a rare breed; and the owners, admins and moderators know what and who they are and we have super-dooper bug spray to get rid of them. 'Nuff said.

Monkeys will use proper social etiquette in expressing their opinions. There are always more than 1 side and opinion to every story; some posts you will like and agree with, and others you won't. While lively debate is appreciated, moderators and forum admins reserve the right to admonish and/or eject, without notice, those parties who debate using insults, engage in name-calling, or otherwise imflammatory posts. Act like you're at a public place using the manners your mother taught you and you'll be just fine. If you don't have manners, don't bother posting as it just wastes our time mashing the "banned" button. We've got other things to do.

Monkeys recognize that the forum threads and some functionality may be temporarily unavailable at times. During high peak periods, forum operators may disable some features such as avatars, sig lines and the like. We'll restore it when the hooplah dies down. Likewise, we reserve the right to edit, delete or move posts or threads in any manner that we choose. Hey, when it's your house, you can move the furniture.....
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 08:02:23 PM »

ok sorry

Am looking for the mission accomplished banner.....
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 08:04:23 PM »

No banner, but it does look like the backdrop of a politcal convention.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 08:04:28 PM »

here we go, saddam and 911 he can't let that lie go
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 08:05:55 PM »

I agree that he and the news needs to remind the country of 9/11. The evening news had a segment about suicide bombers on american soil.
la_cavalière
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 08:07:24 PM »

No, the sacrifice was NOT worth it.

But we broke it, we bought it.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »

Wonder if he thinks Haliburton/KBR serving out of date food to our soldiers, not armoring their vehicles, not allowing Iraqis access to their own oil, accepting monies for rebuilding the electrical grid and water supply but not doing the work========to the tune of almost 1 billion tax dollars. One wonders why the Iragi'a aren't more angry since we saved them from saddam.

Oops there we go again another saddam 911 connection.

http://democrats.senate.gov/dpc/hearings/hearing22/jointreport.pdf
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
I agree that he and the news needs to remind the country of 9/11. The evening news had a segment about suicide bombers on american soil.

but 911 had nothing to do with Iraq----I was all for blowing the taliban, al-queda and afghanistan off the face of the earth, I cheered him on for that. But thisIraq issue was not about terrorism, however, IT IS NOW!
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 08:19:26 PM »

Has anyone seen a transcript of the speech?  Normally, they post it on washingtonpost.com, but I haven't seen it...
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 08:28:16 PM »

no I looked as well, perhaps in a little while.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 08:29:19 PM »

OMG! he is using this to recruit. I understand we have to make a stand, but we created the line in the sand that has only made us much less safer than we have ever been.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
OMG! he is using this to recruit.

Ohhh yeah...the military is really suffering on new recruits at the moment, especially with what has happened with National Guardsmen dropping out of the service like flies.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 08:35:09 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
OMG! he is using this to recruit.

Ohhh yeah...the military is really suffering on new recruits at the moment, especially with what has happened with National Guardsmen dropping out of the service like flies.

One of the problems with using the NG and Reservists as if they were active duty, but without the protections of being active duty. An example of the poor planning in the lead up to this war's execution. It was never anticipated we would still be there, remember flowers and kisses were supposed to meet our NG's and Reservists, not rocket propelled grenades and roadside bombs
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 09:22:13 PM »

There are three steps to listening to a major presidential speech. Hear the speech. Hear the commentary. And hear the speech again. I provide these insights after completing only two of the three steps.

Our president answered every objection laid upon him, as a result of our involvement in Iraq. He said, "The labor is hard and the suffering is real," and he enumerated a dozen other objections the American people have had against that war. He acknowledged that there were people asking, "Is it worth it?" But he made his case.

And, in the end, the troops, raised to their feet by presidential praise and admiration, gave him a standing applause.

They believe in him.

He believes in them.

And they know that he believes in them.

For the first time, he dared to call them "the Greatest Generation." That was a bold step, and one that only a president could take. But they understood it for the challenge, as much as for the honor, that it was.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 09:37:40 PM »

Here's the full text: http://tinyurl.com/au5x7

The short version: Blah blah blah... 9/11... blah blah blah... terror.. blah blah blah... freedom... blah blah blah 9/11... blah blah blah.

Still trying to insinuate there is a link between Iraq and 9/11.  Still has no plan for ending the war we had no reason to start.  Using the soldiers as props.  Bush has no credibility left, and is an absolute embarrassment.
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 09:44:10 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
There are three steps to listening to a major presidential speech. Hear the speech. Hear the commentary. And hear the speech again. I provide these insights after completing only two of the three steps.

Our president answered every objection laid upon him, as a result of our involvement in Iraq. He said, "The labor is hard and the suffering is real," and he enumerated a dozen other objections the American people have had against that war. He acknowledged that there were people asking, "Is it worth it?" But he made his case.

And, in the end, the troops, raised to their feet by presidential praise and admiration, gave him a standing applause.

He made his case that the war was worth it??  Yikes, I guess I missed that.  There are 1700 dead Americans, 14,000 wounded, and as many as 100,000 dead INNOCENT Iraqi CIVILIANS.  The war has put us in terrible debt, there is no end in sight, and we have made virtually no progress!

Oh, and that "standing ovation" was started by Bush staffers standing in the back.
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 08:28:46 AM »

Whatever!  A majority of the United States citizens that voted ELECTED George Bush President.

As for the standing ovation being led by his staffers, that's BS.  Those were military people and the President of the United States is THEIR boss.  They STOOD out of RESPECT.   Something that was apparently not taught to many people who post on internet forums.

Smile Smile

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 12:37:06 PM »

Quote from: "Catriana"
Whatever!  A majority of the United States citizens that voted ELECTED George Bush President.

As for the standing ovation being led by his staffers, that's BS.  Those were military people and the President of the United States is THEIR boss.  They STOOD out of RESPECT.   Something that was apparently not taught to many people who post on internet forums.

Smile Smile

They may have elected him 7 months ago, but they wouldn't elect him today: http://surveyusa.com/Bush50StateApproval0605.htm

As for the standing ovation, it was reported by NBC's Kelly O'Donnell, ABC's Terry Moran, and even right-wing Fox News' Carl Cameron that Bush staffers started the ovation (although Fox spun it, of course).

So you're implying I don't have respect?  I'm supposed to have respect for a president who lied to the American people and congress to mislead us into war, killing tens of thousands of innocent people?  Uhhh... right!

"Blind faith in your leaders will get you killed."  - Bruce Springsteen
ajmac57
Scared Monkey

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 04:15:04 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

but 911 had nothing to do with Iraq----I was all for blowing the taliban, al-queda and afghanistan off the face of the earth, I cheered him on for that. But thisIraq issue was not about terrorism, however, IT IS NOW!

Maybe thats the plan, we create a battle ground in the middle east for the terroist. Better there than here.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.