April 18, 2024, 06:28:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Information  (Read 7989 times)
ElonMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 10:12:21 PM »

Hi All - CountryMoon, friend of Natalee's who was on the Aruba trip, posted yesterday or day before that:
-They have all been questioned and the Alabama FBI investigation is ongoing.  I think she also wrote that those who had not left on an earlier flight were questioned in Aruba.
-FBI has advised the MB students to remain mum DUE TO ARUBAN LAW.They dont' want any potentially imp. evidence tossed out b/c an Aruban court finds it "tainted."

If Joran and the Kalpoes aren't involved then why on earth would PVDS tell them "No body, no crime."  That implicates him as well.  How does he KNOW that there is no body to be found?
Scribbler
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 01:06:27 AM »

Quote from: "ElonMom"
(snipped)If Joran and the Kalpoes aren't involved then why on earth would PVDS tell them "No body, no crime."  That implicates him as well.  How does he KNOW that there is no body to be found?

Hi, ElonMom and All! I'm finally coming out of Lurkdom, and I'll take a stab at this...

Firstly, we don't even know if he made this statement. But, let's say that he did.

Paulus is said to be very adept at "sticking it to the bureaucracy", so I'd imagine that he would think of every angle and the big picture, too. Keep in mind that Natalee was first classified as Kidnapped -- not a "missing person". If Joran told his father that he was with Natalee late into the night before she "disappeared" -- and that he had nothing to do with her disappearance, his father may have looked at all of the potential legal problems that the 3 boys could possibly encounter.

If this girl was kidnapped (as even Beth Twitty believed), she could surface at any time. If she was murdered and her body was recovered, evidence or the lack of evidence would be key to making an arrest. If there wasn't evidence collected with her remains, it would be an uphill legal fight for Joran or his friends if they remained the last known people to have seen her. If no body was recovered, under the law (as I understand it), it's harder to obtain a conviction.

If PVDS told those boys that no body = no crime, then I'd imagine he said a lot more to them than just that...and without knowing the context in which it was discussed, (let alone unknown *facts*) we can't know if he was a co-conspirator or acting as a concerned, informed parent. JMO
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.