March 28, 2024, 11:08:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #32 06/28/2005 Tuesday Night  (Read 200551 times)
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #500 on: June 28, 2005, 11:55:59 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "inthepacific"
Quote from: "gaijin"
I gotta say..listening to Mickey John and watching this tonight .....even with all of our problems..and we've got 'em...I'm glad  I'm an american in america.....these guys (the guards) get arrested on suspicion...with no cause..which is what i think happened to mickey.....a national gets arrested like that....imagine what  would/might happen to one of us in a foreign domain accused of a crime...it's all too "midnight express" for me..but I dont think/matter of fact I am convinced, he (mickey) had anything to do with this at all..but it just scares me what can happen to you in foreign countries (AKA Natalee..what ever that turns out to be) and what  you might be subjected to by the hands of foreign justice systems..

Good point, you know something, I have travelled to a few foreign countries. I'm the type that investigates my vacation prior to departure. So much so that I go onto forums and find out what it is I am requiring in my vacation and my needs. I have went onto forums, dumb and niave. I get back from my vacation and go onto these forums again and find out exactly what you are saying gaijin. We MUST be careful travellers in a foreign country. We MUST NEVER think that things run the same as they do in our home country or state or province.

On that note, my eldest son wants to travel to mexico this fall...I've been there done that..read enormously of the negative things that happen by eyewitnesses from forums. How do I teach my son how to handle himself in a foreign country with alcohol involved?

Answer: Teach him how to roll up into fetal position and hold out his wallet.

LOL. he'd probably do that when confronted. Thanks prof for the advice.

I have always hoped that he would do the right thing.

He thinks I'm crazy for following this case. I think because he feels he would never get himself into that position, but we all know as parents, it can happen to anyone.
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #501 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:20 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "chelsblu"
WHen he was first released he mentioned nothing about the father, now there it is. Maybe he just had a burst of recollection....I just don't think so. If he thought the dad was involved then I think that would have been big news and he would have said it. And he would not have said the "three". He would have said the father was in on it.

Sorry, but I just think that's a pretty big detail to omit or forget. And I don't believe that the police told him not to mention it. I mean after a couple of weeks did they just release him from his vow of silence?

I tend to go with the 4 more minutes of fame.. But hey, thats just me.

he said family...for what it is worth...

Now he says family, he doesn't know who in family, but that father was involved in story.
But he did not say this on two video interviews when he was first released and was telling his story about Deepak conversation......that is my point
Hat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:35 PM »

Quote from: "Hat"
That 50 minutes. An area of beach just a bit out of the way...isn't that towards the end, where it's rough? Plenty of time. I think in every lie there is a grain of truth. The school official laid out a drowning scenario for Jug on like day two. There was some swimming mentioned by maybe Joran. I think he put her in the water.

Deepak told mickey he believed that NH would show up at crackhouse...that lie was agreed to because brothers believed she would turn up soon.

The brothers didn't know she would not ever show up. It was Joran. We hear from satish lawer that ea time Joran is confronted with info his story changes, when he runs out of lies will he tell the truth?
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2005, 11:56:38 PM »

Quote from: "vindication"
PVDS actions the day after? After JVDS goes to shool, which is a good alibi as to why he couldn't have properly disposed of body, where did PVDS go? Did he go to work? He may have had the time to dispose of a body the next day?

And remember ol Papa kept a real low profile as long as he could in the early on! Sotaspeak!
Hat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2005, 11:57:41 PM »

Quote from: "katya"
Quote from: "Hat"
That 50 minutes. An area of beach just a bit out of the way...isn't that towards the end, where it's rough? Plenty of time. I think in every lie there is a grain of truth. The school official laid out a drowning scenario for Jug on like day two. There was some swimming mentioned by maybe Joran. I think he put her in the water.

There is no proof that anybody at the school made any comment about drowning, It is a rumour.

You are wrong there, I heard Jug say the school official told him that.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2005, 11:58:22 PM »

Quote from: "Rosalie"
Quote from: "TTownMike"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Kerin there is now talk of a boy from the high school that is also missing, but I have no idea where that came from or what the source is since I did not read the lasat 100 pages or so.

Ya really gotta thank if another kid was missin we wudda heard a LOT about that!  Doncha thank?

Well, lookie here. The cat sh*t under the table.

It is a man, not one of the schools group. He did not make his return flight home. He now cant be located. BUT, because no one has filed a missing persons report he is not considered missing. So, if no one files a missing person report what is he ? Just gone I guess.

If u ask LE they will tell likely you to wait or go to c/c's// maybe guy will show up in crackhouse soon.... Shocked
ROFLMAO!
wwizard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2005, 11:58:26 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "wwizard"
Quote from: "Lausa"
you're right, she isnt buried on Aruba

Hmm...was it you who was always saying "Follow the money..."?

Follow the monet

and what r u drinking tonight??? I've got a straw daquiri going.

george dickel tennessee sour mash whiskey

So, we're looking for messages in impressionistic paintings now?

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: June 28, 2005, 11:58:50 PM »

WHen he was first released he mentioned nothing about the father, now there it is. Maybe he just had a burst of recollection....I just don't think so. If he thought the dad was involved then I think that would have been big news and he would have said it. And he would not have said the "three". He would have said the father was in on it.

Sorry, but I just think that's a pretty big detail to omit or forget. And I don't believe that the police told him not to mention it. I mean after a couple of weeks did they just release him from his vow of silence?

He said "family" today, but previously, when released, he said "the three."  I remember that very distinctly.
mitzid66
Scared Monkey

« Reply #508 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:23 PM »

Quote from: "Ella's Mom"
By the way Mitzi, to respond, just click "quote" in the upper right hand corner

Thanks Ellasmom!!!
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:25 PM »

Although faculty probably gets reduced tution, I would be surprised if it was totally free.  I have taught in private schools and it is rare for it to be free since other teachers see that as extra compensation.

High school tuition was listed at over 12,000 American dollars.  Family has two in high school.  Monetessori elementary was less, but I seem  remember it was 10,000.  That is a ton of mony.  

Interesting for a middle income family.
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:26 PM »

Quote from: "Brenda"
q.  is there a crematory on aruba?

q.  did the "godfather" or papa vds have access to it (crematory) if so?

q.  how does this not fit - joran and nh gets dropped off at home...one or all "have fun"....natalee either dies at their hands, or dies from date rape drug (or other cause), joran asks papa for help....papa makes call...NEXT DAY in one of papa's car - natalee is taken to town crematory and body - along with id's, clothes, etc....is permanenty reduced to ashes....

Theres an oil refinery. The fellow with his throat slit found at the cemetary worked at the refinery. Its an oil refinery--- well dont they need high heat to refine oil ??
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:26 PM »

Quote from: "mitzid66"
Ellas mom, I don't know how to show a response , so I will respond this way.

I do not think they are smart enough.  I do however think that if this was the case, they have done this before, and so has PVDS.  They are not paid to think, just do.  

After all, how does JVDS have this much money to blow gambling?  And why are he and PVDS in the same place hanging out sometimes?

As I said, just a thought.  But these kids may get paid big bucks to be the lure.  

And where is this mysterious chatty plane passenger?

Like the Jimmy Buffet song says " Running from the IRS."  Laughing  Laughing
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:27 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
I'm fixating on the last report on Fox that said that J took the bus on Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. (according to the bus driver) and took his exams (according to the Head Master) and did very well.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I read that his exams didn't take place until that Friday.  Could be losing my mind.  Help?

Did he catch the bus at 6 am or 6:40 am?

Sorry if I might have misquoted the time.  I just heard around 6:00.  Could very well have been 6:40.  I will pay more attention next time for time line purposes.  In this case, time lines are very important, I've learned.  I'm still learning how to be a good SM!    Smile

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #513 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:30 AM »

He did say both.....not that it matters, and I do wonder why he didn't say so to the LE that released him, but then again, if I were him, I may be afraid to say anything at this pimt.  I would just want to go free.....

Now he says family, he doesn't know who in family, but that father was involved in story.
But he did not say this on two video interviews when he was first released and was telling his story about Deepak conversation......that is my point

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
chelsblu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:48 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
OK, for those determined to make fun.

I was responding to a question from Kerin.

I SAID there was no proof.

Here is the entire post from Scared Monkey poster on the thread before this one.  There was a a discussion and several replies.

I was NOT evaluating the information, simply telling her that there HAD been talk of it earlier today.  That was a fact.  There was talk.  It was NOT verified.  

<SNIPPED (NOW SEVERAL TIMES) AGAIN - RB>

and I appreciated your reply, K.  Very Happy

Is this old? Sorry if this has already been disected to death but Jeremy Edward brown is a 2005 mountainbrook grad according to ala np.

But I'm sure you guys already know that... Laughing
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #515 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:50 AM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"
Yes, that schedule of final exams for Joran's school and class showed that they didn't start until Friday, 6/6/05.

However, there was speculation by some that Joran had Advanced Placement exams that were scheduled in the days before the finals.  I don't know *how* anyone knew that, but they said "maybe."

So, OK, let's say he had an AP exam on Monday morning or sometime during the day on Monday--if it was like my own AP exams, that was the ONLY thing I had to do that day at school--we were off the rest of the week for Hell Week and studying for finals.  It's possible Joran was only at school for a couple of hours on Mon. morning.

(It's also possible that's when other students saw his "scratches" on his face and when he bragged about Nat, before Daddy and Headmaster told him to zip it.)

And, also like my own AP tests, very few other students were taking the same tests I was.  The French ones were popular and there were more people sitting for them, but my Latin AP test had no one else taking it except my best friend and me.

So, maybe the Headmaster looked up Joran's AP records or maybe he didn't.  Who knows--it seemed like a "shoot-from-the-hip" statement to me, like "of course Joran, our shining Golden boy was in school, bright and early Monday morning ("all in our places with bright shiny faces") and I can umm ... umm... prove it.  Why, yes, he took a test that day which proves he was here."  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Church Lady would say, "how con-veeeennn-ient!"

AP standardized exams are given at the same time all across the US (and at American-based schools like Jorans). This year, those tests ran from May 2-13. That's when Joran would have taken them.

But here's the kicker. His mother told Greta he took AP classes, but someone posted on the timeline link that Joran's name wasn't on the list of kids on the island who took the AP exams.

The school said if you took AP exams, you didn't have to take final exams.

So if Joran didn't take AP exams, he HAD to take final exams to graduate. Which would have been Friday June 3-Wed. the 8th.

Now, why would Anita say he took AP classes when he didn't take the AP exams?
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:05 AM »

Quote from: "inthepacific"
Quote from: "gaijin"
I gotta say..listening to Mickey John and watching this tonight .....even with all of our problems..and we've got 'em...I'm glad  I'm an american in america.....these guys (the guards) get arrested on suspicion...with no cause..which is what i think happened to mickey.....a national gets arrested like that....imagine what  would/might happen to one of us in a foreign domain accused of a crime...it's all too "midnight express" for me..but I dont think/matter of fact I am convinced, he (mickey) had anything to do with this at all..but it just scares me what can happen to you in foreign countries (AKA Natalee..what ever that turns out to be) and what  you might be subjected to by the hands of foreign justice systems..

Good point, you know something, I have travelled to a few foreign countries. I'm the type that investigates my vacation prior to departure. So much so that I go onto forums and find out what it is I am requiring in my vacation and my needs. I have went onto forums, dumb and niave. I get back from my vacation and go onto these forums again and find out exactly what you are saying gaijin. We MUST be careful travellers in a foreign country. We MUST NEVER think that things run the same as they do in our home country or state or province.

On that note, my eldest son wants to travel to mexico this fall...I've been there done that..read enormously of the negative things that happen by eyewitnesses from forums. How do I teach my son how to handle himself in a foreign country with alcohol involved?

Answer: Teach him how to roll up into fetal position and hold out his wallet.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:39 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
Quote from: "Lausa"
Quote from: "mitzid66"
...Just a crazy way out thought.  Please be kind if I am stupid.
Actually, it sounds plausible to me.  There might be a few little tweaks in motivation and modus operandi, but the basic plot could fit.  Set up.  Yep.
Who
What
Why
When
Where
How Much

...but like you say, maybe just a crazy way out thought...but not stupid!

Who   Blonde American girl    
What  Deliver in drugged state to beach
Why   you figure it out
When  2:00 AM, May 31
Where Fishermen's Huts
How Much  A lot

It's been out there all the time. Some people just don't want to think it could happen. But the farther we go the more I think it could be so.

So, what you're saying is that you concede that Joran van der Sloot is a maggot, but you don't exactly know what kind. Is that correct?
OldFart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2005, 12:02:04 AM »

Quote from: "Ladyhawke112"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "luna"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
I'm fixating on the last report on Fox that said that J took the bus on Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. (according to the bus driver) and took his exams (according to the Head Master) and did very well.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I read that his exams didn't take place until that Friday.  Could be losing my mind.  Help?

I wanted to come back to this, too.  No exams Monday morning.  Is  Headmaster also covering for Joran?

Greta needs to follow up on this school/exam thing herself. There have been to many stories, and in Julia's eyes joran can almost do no wrong.

I don't have a source for this, but one of the very first things I read on this board approx. 2.5 weeks ago was that Joran took exams on that Monday.

luna here is the link---it shows exams on 6/6
http://www.isaruba.com/documents/EndofSemesterIIExamSchedule2005.pdf

I may be able to help. If you read the "fine print" at the bottom of the schedule, it says that if a student took an AP test, it would substitute for a final. Could the AP (Advanced Placement/College credit) exam have been on Monday the 30th? The fine print implies that it was at an earlier time.

FYI  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
fnkmsta wrote:
Friday, June 3
7:50 am Joran in school?/exams begin at International School of Aruba?
(Joran had some AP classes -- AP exams were May 2-13/no final exam req. if take AP exam)
FYI: That school only ordered and tested a few AP students and Joran wasn't one of them. So, assuming "something bad happened" prior to this, he still took his final exams.

OK. I was just going by what his mom said in an interview (I think it was with Greta on FOX). She said he'd taken some AP courses and most who do take the test at the end of the year. Didn't realize he hadn't. Do you know why he didn't? Or did he drop out of the AP classes before the end of the year?
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2005, 12:02:14 AM »

Why are people saying that MBHS kids finished packing Natalee's bags?  Evidently, one student said this in an interview.

I thought Nat packed her own bags -- and Ed, the guy with Dash, told BO'R that their chaperones/facilitators had TOLD all of them to have their bags all packed the night before, so they'd be ready to go at first call.

Anybody know the truth of this?  I don't like the idea that somebody else finished packing her bags for her.

Itawamba - Probably seen a 100 responses to this by now, but I'm way behind!  My understanding plus speculation is probably that Natalee packed the majority of her own stuff before she left.  But, I did hear that her roommates finished packing her stuff.  I would assume that Natalee left some of her things out (a change of clothes, shampoo, makeup, etc.) because she would be taking a shower before she left to go home the next morning.  

I heard one of her roomie's say that they assumed Natalee probably ended up sleeping in some other friend's room that night, and maybe overslept and was running late, so they put the rest of her stuff in her bag.  

That's how I see it - though that just me assuming some things!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.