March 28, 2024, 04:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #32 06/28/2005 Tuesday Night  (Read 200518 times)
MsPooh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2005, 12:10:06 AM »

Just curious..for some reason one particular poster sticks out in my mind and they were on here for just a day or two but made over 100 posts in that short time that had really strange info in them..name was RazzyBerry...anyone remember them?

Life's a journey not a destination..
LouLou
Scared Monkey

« Reply #541 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
It is not that unusual for an AP student not to take the tests.  All schools do not require them to take the AP exam.  In some cases the student knows they will not pass it because of how they did on practice tests.

In other cases they may be going to a school that does not give AP credit.  I even recommmend for my students that if they are going to MAJOR in an area, it might be better to go ahead and take the college couse because an AP class may not align as well with a departments scope and sequence--in other words there may be things that college wants you to have been taught, that are different that the 'AP curriculum with is a rather general college level class.

However just because finals were the next week does not rule out taking exams.  I have been in one district that required nine weeks tests at the end of each quarter AND semester exams the very next week.  I thought it was stupid, but when you teach, you do what the school tells you to do.

All of that stuff should have been taken in evidence the first day.
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:02 AM »

I asked my youngest son's girlfriend tonight...she is 20 yrs old..I said "if you were in Aruba on a graduation trip would you get into a vehicle with 3 young guys that you may have met the day before and were locals there? She thought about it, and replied to me " I wouldn't go unless I had another girlfreind with me or somebody else"
wwizard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:10 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
Quote from: "Lausa"
Quote from: "mitzid66"
...Just a crazy way out thought.  Please be kind if I am stupid.
Actually, it sounds plausible to me.  There might be a few little tweaks in motivation and modus operandi, but the basic plot could fit.  Set up.  Yep.
Who
What
Why
When
Where
How Much

...but like you say, maybe just a crazy way out thought...but not stupid!

Who   Blonde American girl    
What  Deliver in drugged state to beach
Why   you figure it out
When  2:00 AM, May 31
Where Fishermen's Huts
How Much  A lot

It's been out there all the time. Some people just don't want to think it could happen. But the farther we go the more I think it could be
so.

Bravo,Bravo chillin

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
Itawamba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #544 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:41 AM »

OK, thanks for this info:

~~~~~~~~
...."Joran's name wasn't on the list of kids on the island who took the AP exams.

The school said if you took AP exams, you didn't have to take final exams.

So if Joran didn't take AP exams, he HAD to take final exams to graduate. Which would have been Friday June 3-Wed. the 8th.

Now, why would Anita say he took AP classes when he didn't take the AP exams?"
~~~~~~~~

IIRC, Anita *also* said that Joran was an honors student, which many took to mean that he *graduated* with honors.

I found his name on the honor roll list only once and it was for a previous semester, not this one--assuming they did grade averages *before* finals.

Just like Natalee being an honors graduate.  She IS, but apparently it was "cum laude" (top 10%) and not "summa cum laude" (top 2%), the latter of which were listed on a website.
arrabba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #545 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:56 AM »

Quote from: "katya"
Although faculty probably gets reduced tution, I would be surprised if it was totally free.  I have taught in private schools and it is rare for it to be free since other teachers see that as extra compensation.

High school tuition was listed at over 12,000 American dollars.  Family has two in high school.  Monetessori elementary was less, but I seem  remember it was 10,000.  That is a ton of mony.  

Interesting for a middle income family.

Not really. Arubagirl guessed that Paul made about 55K, Anita has been teaching for a number of years and probably makes the same, I'll bet 50 bucks their house is paid for, I don't see why they couldn't afford this, I'm sure as an employee of the Dutch Govt, Paul has excellent benefits, probably including a certain amount of travel expenses to visit the NL.

My son goes to private school, tuition is higher than ISA.  Both my husband and I work and we own our home.  We are definitely middle class and can afford the tuition.  The teacher's kids at my son's school get to go for half price.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:58 AM »

Quote from: "Rosalie"
Quote from: "Brenda"
q.  is there a crematory on aruba?

q.  did the "godfather" or papa vds have access to it (crematory) if so?

q.  how does this not fit - joran and nh gets dropped off at home...one or all "have fun"....natalee either dies at their hands, or dies from date rape drug (or other cause), joran asks papa for help....papa makes call...NEXT DAY in one of papa's car - natalee is taken to town crematory and body - along with id's, clothes, etc....is permanenty reduced to ashes....

Theres an oil refinery. The fellow with his throat slit found at the cemetary worked at the refinery. Its an oil refinery--- well dont they need high heat to refine oil ??

Ok....so where is this refinery on the island...and does anyone have any real reason to believe that the body was necessarily disposed of the night Natalee disappeared...   didn't anyone notice that Deepak and Joran were gone and strangely appeared back at house the next night after Beth's family arrived?

It seems a bit much to truly hide a body very, very well in only 50 minutes....and while papa sloot may or may not have helped dispose of it...what stopped him from "thinking" of good spot to permanently rid themselves of ALL evidence?  

How does this not corresponde with a sick or dead Natalee in the boys car - getting dropped off or delivered to the vds homestead - raped/killed, or arrived dead - papa notified of the trouble - kids sent to school/work next morning - and problem "dealt with" next day????  What stopped them from simply storing Natalee's body overnight in Jorans apt?

Why does the timeline DEMAND she is disposed of in a window of 50 minutes to 2 hours????

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #547 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:17 AM »

Todays show Greta on the record, really tightens the time line for that faithful monday..here is what I got...

1.30am-2.30am   Lie #1 Cruising at California Lighthouse,

Lie #2 Fisherman’s Hut/ Arashi Beach?.

1.30-1.45am
Half truth 1.
Deepak and Satish drops off Joran near the Marriot Inn after visiting Cali Lighthouse

2.40am      
Joran calls Deepak via Cellphone? Maybe asking for lift or help.

3.30am      
Joran reaches home at Montana #19, Text Msg Deepak?

4.00am      
PVDS picks up his Son? Geraldo reported this but not sure if it was bs or not...according to AVDS Paulus was fast asleep.

6.00am 7.00am
Joran in school, confirmed by Ms Renfrom or arubatoday.com
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #548 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:50 AM »

Natalee had the honor grad chord in her graduation picture.  Where I teach it is grade point, not percentage.

I did notice that Joran is not in National Honor Society at the school, but then they only had three members.
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:22 AM »

Quote from: "Itawamba"
I've had beach doors in hotels in the Caribbean that couldn't be unlocked from the outside, but they always automatically locked when closed.  I could go "out them" but couldn't come "in them," not even with a key.

I'm guessing that nowadays they have updated them to have a slot for card keys - but maybe not, because beach-access sliding doors have always been a problem with hotels.

That was my comment last night as well.  I stay in hotels very often, and the majority stay locked from the outside, ESPECIALLY 1st floor doors.  And I've yet to see any patio door that could be opened even with a card key, so I doubt that it is possible at the Holiday Inn as well (though that's a guess).
katya
Scared Monkey

« Reply #550 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:25 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Not really. Arubagirl guessed that Paul made about 55K, Anita has been teaching for a number of years and probably makes the same, I'll bet 50 bucks their house is paid for, I don't see why they couldn't afford this, I'm sure as an employee of the Dutch Govt, Paul has excellent benefits, probably including a certain amount of travel expenses to visit the NL.

I am not discounting this, I am just stating some facts. Median income on the island is 22k, both wage earners in the family being double, IMO would be huge.

Professionals are going to be making much more than median wage.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #551 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:29 AM »

Quote from: "MsPooh"
Just curious..for some reason one particular poster sticks out in my mind and they were on here for just a day or two but made over 100 posts in that short time that had really strange info in them..name was RazzyBerry...anyone remember them?

RazzyBerry was banned
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #552 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:45 AM »

having served on the board of an overseas school i know they do not charge the children of the staff.   they pay real low wages for the local hire teachers so anita was not taking much home but the tuition break was worth 36 k per year if all three kids are in that school.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #553 on: June 29, 2005, 12:15:03 AM »

Another K,

Weren't there just 9 in his class?

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #554 on: June 29, 2005, 12:15:51 AM »

what was so strange?

Innocent people dont lie.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: June 29, 2005, 12:17:11 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

RazzyBerry was banned

thanks!!

peace to all
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: June 29, 2005, 12:17:17 AM »

I won't argue the tuition thing, but with three, that is about 35,000 in tuition.  

Mine when to Catholic school, we got no discount and my tuition was 4,000 each.  I could barely make it on teachers pay.

Pay in Aruba must be high then.  In Texas state scale tops at 40,000 and you never get another raise  (and in my part of the state the districts pay state scale), so I tend to keep thinking about a teacher only making mid 30's.  

I forget that most places we are better paid.

Note to self, check on teaching jobs in Aruba.  Wink
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #557 on: June 29, 2005, 12:18:02 AM »

if this has already been seen, I do apologise;
this just in;

A Change In Mood
Something happened this evening in Aruba to significantly change the tone of the family of Natalee Holloway. Whatever it was is not generally known, but thought to come from a private meeting with Aruban authorities about which the family isn't commenting, other than to say they are feeling better as regards the progress of the investigation.

Additional information on Paul(us) v d Sloot suggests if there is anyone legal mind on the island who might outwit the prosecution in this case, it could be him. Some colleagues have suggested that he is known to have poured over case law many have rarely if ever even read and is considered somewhat of an authority on not only the law, but the subtle loopholes and manipulations which can help an individual get around it.

This would fit very well into his past history on two levels. In Holland he is known for having tied the government's hands for nearly twenty years while preventing the building of a highway which would have cut into his family's estate. Ultimately, the highway took an entirely different route.

Added to that are other reports that as a lawyer he did not go directly into government service, but instead worked on behalf of those needing asisstance with conflicts with the government.

As regards an earlier comment of mine about a possible pattern for Joran v d Sloot, posted here - I probably did throw it out  a bit too casually. The point required additional information which I was a little too busy to address at the time.

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
heartache
Scared Monkey

« Reply #558 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:03 AM »

Professor... if picking up a girl in a bar and taking her to a beach makes someone a maggot then the earth is crawling with them. There are literally millions of them slithering though every city , in every country on the planet. Now , what about the other maggots that do not happen to live by a beach?
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: June 29, 2005, 12:20:22 AM »

I won't argue the tuition thing, but with three, that is about 35,000 in tuition.  

Mine when to Catholic school, we got no discount and my tuition was 4,000 each.  I could barely make it on teachers pay.

Pay in Aruba must be high then.  In Texas state scale tops at 40,000 and you never get another raise  (and in my part of the state the districts pay state scale), so I tend to keep thinking about a teacher only making mid 30's.  

I forget that most places we are better paid.

Note to self, check on teaching jobs in Aruba.  Wink

Kerin<---thinking the same

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.