September 22, 2019, 11:47:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #33 06/29/05 Wednesday AM-Midday  (Read 181286 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
deepthroat2
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 57


« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2005, 12:04:55 PM »

Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"

I don't think it has anything to do with drugs.  Even though I wouldn't blame them for taking a sedative of some sort.  I DO think it has to do with their meetings yesterday with Aruban officials. They were told something there.  

Also, I think Beth Twitty is depressed...she isn't powered by the huge initial searches involving tons of people. Yes, she has her family and friends which is huge...but, now has quiet moments to deal with her loss and pain.  It's all very sad, and as a mother of four...it breaks my heart to watch her.  She is also an inspiration and example of great maternal strength.  She is very courageous.


Youre right nancy I think they have been given some pieces of information from investigators that provide more conclusively that Natalee isnt alive.  I think they have resigned to that now and its showing in their faces. Nothing we are hearing says Natalee could be alive anymore.


DISAGREE.  The ONLY thing they could have is Natalee's clothes or her driver's license.  Even those items would not prove she was dead.
Logged
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2005, 12:05:20 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
I've been thinking...

Mickey Johns comments to Greta might well open the door to bringing Anita in as a witness/suspect.  Not that I think she's involved...but, since Johns refers to "family"....she could/should be brought in for questioning about any possible "family" conversations took place after the evening Natalee went missing.

I think that woman would CRACK big time under bright lights and interrogation.


Anita was not home when the lie was initiated.


Got to get story right before mommy gets back!!! Exclamation Around pool...the three??  Satish not there?
Logged

peace to all
roxyluv
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 140



« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2005, 12:05:26 PM »

Ok correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't see the interview lastnight, but didn't both guards say they were not near the hotel that night, early morning, well that's not what their lawyer said


http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159052,00.html


There is no conflict in their statements. There has been a slight adjustment because one of them stated that he did not visit the Holiday Inn hotel on that Sunday. Later, he remembered that there was a beach party and that he did go to the hotel area in the morning. Now what they say now is clearly the same.


VAN SUSTEREN: What is that circumstantial evidence, sir?

LEJEUZ: Well, there is one boy, kind of a beach bum, who stated that he saw them walking around the pool area around the time of night that Natalee must have disappeared. And there is another employee of the hotel who stated that he saw two security guards walking the area around that time. But they have not been positively identified by these people.


So what is the story, I'm not trying to lay the blame on them but people want to take their word about what they heard at the jail.
There is a lot of lying going on in this case, Joran and friends , guards, Steve maybe even PVDS.
I can see why the LE are at a stand still.
Logged

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
Scott
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 190


« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2005, 12:07:24 PM »

Quote from: "LexingtonProf"
Quote from: "mishj"
I heard Mickey say that he wasnt sure who else was considered to be "family" but that the father was definitely involved.  This was on Greta - how come I am seemingly the only one who heard that statement??


i heard that as well mishj. he actually said the same thing in two different ways - possibly a language issue.


Again, Mickey is from Grenada, a former British colony that speaks ENGLISH ONLY....there was NO language issue.
Logged
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 47



« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2005, 12:07:34 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "KerinTX"

Yes they did, Professor. The "lead in" story was....next we have an interview with one of the released security guards, Mickey John, who said that Paulus VDS was involved in making up the cover story. Then they went to the tape. It is the misleading lead-in that infuriates me!


While it is admittedly distorting the precise language Mickey used, please share with us any other plausible inference in the use of the word "family" that does NOT implicate Paulus as well.

Scott...calm down. My point was...I didn't like the lead-in being stated that MJ SAID the father was involved in the cover story. Then when you actually see the tape, Greta asks him 2-3 times and each time he does NOT say father...until the last time and I believe (could be wrong) that Greta states father first..and then MJ agrees. MY opinion was that maybe Greta's pressing MJ made him include the word father? This would also be based on the fact that I was sent FOM's phone conversation with MJ which happened earlier in the day.

My second point was on SC. He is driving away and Greta is in his face with a microphone asking questions and it is obvious that he wants to not only drive away but that he is somewhat confused at either her fast-talking or he is just plain "dumb" (based on the facts of his arrest I will go with the latter).

So, YES...I am fully aware that English is MJ's first language. No need to be so condescending. I am merely stating my opinion that maybe on SC the language barrier (or fast talking) was an issue and that on MJ it could have been the approach.


Kerin, Mickey does say the father was involved I quote from the Tivo
"....I don't know what the family consists of, I know the father was involved........."
Logged
KerinTX
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1142


« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2005, 12:08:03 PM »

FOM...are you going to talk to Mickey again soon? Seriously I am worried about his safety. Does he understand that he is the topic of each and every FOX report today?
Logged

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Sharonywr
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 18



« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2005, 12:08:14 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "bobntexas"
Quote from: "MississippiGirl"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
The reporter on Fox also said IF there was a homicide.. and a body placed on the western part of the island.. it would not wash to shore...the currents are too strong.


If this is true and widely known in Aruba, why would anyone do anything with a body that they do not want found other than throw it into the ocean on that side?


However, a CNN reporter had to go a considerable distance off shore on the Western shore to get into that current. It seemed like he said 1000 yards. Otherwise, you floated back to shore. He claimed he got in the water to do this test.


That is just about the stupidest test I have ever heard of, unless he weighed himself down and drifted--a dead body doesn't float like a live one.  The way to do a test like that is to get two "dummies" that weigh the same/same height as NH and then do that...weigh one down and see what happens with it and let the other one just do what it would do without weights applied.  Has anyone else thought about how ridiculous that he is?  The guy must not have a full load of bricks upstairs.  Needs to take a course in basic physics/common sense..IMHO, that is... Rolling Eyes
Yes it was Karl Penhaul, and the video is on the CNN site.
Logged
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1526



« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2005, 12:09:18 PM »

Quote from: "bobntexas"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Hey guys..something is really bugging me and has piqued my curiosity...Just night before last Jug and Beth were on and they were infuriated with the release of PVDS, and rightly so IMHO..However, last night he sort of seemed a little calmer and was asked about his change of heart, as I am sure you guys already know..Then, it was followed up with, " is there a reason why you feel better? so  do you know something we do not that you  have found out today?"..His response was .."yes...something has been brought to my attention today that makes me feel we are moving in the direction we need to be..."(paraphrasing)... I just wonder..what this is..any ideas as to what couldve manifested quite so quickly?


Perhaps it was the voice analysis test that might occur today.



First of all, bob, adorable monkey!! Secondly,i agree with you..i thought it was simply outstanding that he mentioned that about the guy in Atlanta, and the very next day, that guy was there..THAT is wonderful..
Logged

"God dont like ugly"
azvet
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 30


« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2005, 12:09:37 PM »

nancy_drew wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with drugs. Even though I wouldn't blame them for taking a sedative of some sort. I DO think it has to do with their meetings yesterday with Aruban officials. They were told something there.

Also, I think Beth Twitty is depressed...she isn't powered by the huge initial searches involving tons of people. Yes, she has her family and friends which is huge...but, now has quiet moments to deal with her loss and pain. It's all very sad, and as a mother of four...it breaks my heart to watch her. She is also an inspiration and example of great maternal strength. She is very courageous.


I agree that she is depressed, and rightfully so. The change in her appearance and very minimal speech in the motel room last night was in sharp contrast to her postive comments in the prior 30 days. She is probably coming to the reality that Natalee may be dead, or missing forever.
Diazepam (valium), or xanax would put her in a somewhat "relaxed state" for several hours.  I know I'd be taking it also if I were in her position.
Logged

"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a Veteran
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2005, 12:09:53 PM »

Quote from: "bobntexas"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Hey guys..something is really bugging me and has piqued my curiosity...Just night before last Jug and Beth were on and they were infuriated with the release of PVDS, and rightly so IMHO..However, last night he sort of seemed a little calmer and was asked about his change of heart, as I am sure you guys already know..Then, it was followed up with, " is there a reason why you feel better? so  do you know something we do not that you  have found out today?"..His response was .."yes...something has been brought to my attention today that makes me feel we are moving in the direction we need to be..."(paraphrasing)... I just wonder..what this is..any ideas as to what couldve manifested quite so quickly?


Perhaps it was the voice analysis test that might occur today.


Yes he did mention that was new turn/surprise additional help
Logged

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1142


« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:27 PM »

Thanks, Kacky!! I have not disputed that. Again, my point is I think it was from Greta's prompting.  Smile Especially if you review his phone conversation with FOM (which she posted part of above)
:::hearing the words "are you hearing the words that are coming outta my mouth" from the Jackie Chang movie::::
Logged

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
xcptnl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 83


« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2005, 12:11:39 PM »

Quote from: "Sharonywr"
Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "bobntexas"
Quote from: "MississippiGirl"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
The reporter on Fox also said IF there was a homicide.. and a body placed on the western part of the island.. it would not wash to shore...the currents are too strong.


If this is true and widely known in Aruba, why would anyone do anything with a body that they do not want found other than throw it into the ocean on that side?


However, a CNN reporter had to go a considerable distance off shore on the Western shore to get into that current. It seemed like he said 1000 yards. Otherwise, you floated back to shore. He claimed he got in the water to do this test.



That is just about the stupidest test I have ever heard of, unless he weighed himself down and drifted--a dead body doesn't float like a live one.  The way to do a test like that is to get two "dummies" that weigh the same/same height as NH and then do that...weigh one down and see what happens with it and let the other one just do what it would do without weights applied.  Has anyone else thought about how ridiculous that he is?  The guy must not have a full load of bricks upstairs.  Needs to take a course in basic physics/common sense..IMHO, that is... Rolling Eyes
Yes it was Karl Penhaul, and the video is on the CNN site.


I am sure Nancy Grace said ' Karrrrl Penhaulllllllll how did you float???? Can you believe that the police have not done this same test Karrrrl Penhaullllll???

Why does she always call him by his full name or is that a first and middle name??
Logged
MissyRose
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 65


« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »

When my boyfriend died. I was put on xanax. I am sure that these parents are on some kind of medication to keep them sane. If it was my daughter I would be hospitalized. Because realistically I would be hunting down answers myself, by any means.
Logged
Sharonywr
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 18



« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:41 PM »

How did the quotes get messed up?  It is saying KackyLacky was the one who stated the CNN water test...I was the one who posted that!!!  KackyLacky-sorry if it isn't your opinion--not my doing!  Very Happy
Logged
LexingtonProf
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 12



« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:55 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
Quote from: "LexingtonProf"
Quote from: "mishj"
I heard Mickey say that he wasnt sure who else was considered to be "family" but that the father was definitely involved.  This was on Greta - how come I am seemingly the only one who heard that statement??


i heard that as well mishj. he actually said the same thing in two different ways - possibly a language issue.


Again, Mickey is from Grenada, a former British colony that speaks ENGLISH ONLY....there was NO language issue.


hi scott - sorry, i did not mean a translation issue but rather a "general to specific issue" e.g. "those boys broke your window" VS "the smith brothers broke your window". when he initially said "they" there was no clarification as to who "they" might be - it just appears that an assumption was made.
Logged
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 935



« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:58 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Quote from: "nancy_drew"
I've been thinking...

Mickey Johns comments to Greta might well open the door to bringing Anita in as a witness/suspect.  Not that I think she's involved...but, since Johns refers to "family"....she could/should be brought in for questioning about any possible "family" conversations took place after the evening Natalee went missing.

I think that woman would CRACK big time under bright lights and interrogation.


Anita was not home when the lie was initiated.


Maybe not when the lie was initiated. But, were their "family" meetings that took place during the time the boys where "free"....I think papa would be smart enough not to include any other person...however, the term "family" is enough to possibly question her.  And who knows what might get spewed with her under the lights!!  Right now every single detail needs to be looked at...bring in the brothers for questioning...not arrest them, but talk to them.

They're all part of a "family"....
Logged
BlueKyGirl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 100


« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:10 PM »

Quote from: "LexingtonProf"
Quote from: "BlueKyGirl"
Quote from: "LexingtonProf"
Quote from: "mishj"
I heard Mickey say that he wasnt sure who else was considered to be "family" but that the father was definitely involved.  This was on Greta - how come I am seemingly the only one who heard that statement??


i heard that as well mishj. he actually said the same thing in two different ways - possibly a language issue.


Hey Lex Prof--I was born in Lex! Just wanted to say hi--haven't seen you around here before.

Regarding your statement: I must have missed Mickey saying he wasn't sure who else was considered family. I wonder what that means. How many people were involved in making up the original story?


hi there BlueKyGirl! i have only been here about a year (professor at UK) but really love it.

As for Mickey's comment I had a mental image of mom and pop van der sloot and the three boys hunched over a table conspiring. if it happen "the night of" obviously mom would not have been there to be involved.


Glad you like Kentucky--I live in Louisville. Lexington is a great town--I have lots of family there.

Well that's what I pictured, too. Only if there were more people than just the parents there (i.e. CLOSE family friends, high-up Aruban officials) it would lead to even more confusion about who was family and who was not. Surely Deepak would have known who was related to Joran and who was not out of the conspirators. Mickey wouldn't have, though...which implies Deepak describing the scenario to him and Mickey not really knowing who was who.

Just thinking out loud and not really knowing where I'm going with this, except that saying "family" instead of "parents," and the fact that who was and wasn't a family member was ambiguous, could imply there were more people there than just Joran's parents.
Logged
Rosalie
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 58


« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:13 PM »

Quote from: "BlueKyGirl"
Quote from: "LexingtonProf"
Quote from: "mishj"
I heard Mickey say that he wasnt sure who else was considered to be "family" but that the father was definitely involved.  This was on Greta - how come I am seemingly the only one who heard that statement??


i heard that as well mishj. he actually said the same thing in two different ways - possibly a language issue.


Hey Lex Prof--I was born in Lex! Just wanted to say hi--haven't seen you around here before.

Regarding your statement: I must have missed Mickey saying he wasn't sure who else was considered family. I wonder what that means. How many people were involved in making up the original story?



Im sure that when Mickie was still in jail the police pumped him for all he had been told. If he told the family story it must not have been important enough to keep PVDS in jail.    IF he did not relay this info while in jail then I dont think it happened as he now claims. He has an axe to grind plus there are people that would love to get PVDS back in jail.
My opinion.
Logged
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "golden"
Quote from: "nikkibnurse"
Hey guys..something is really bugging me and has piqued my curiosity...Just night before last Jug and Beth were on and they were infuriated with the release of PVDS, and rightly so IMHO..However, last night he sort of seemed a little calmer and was asked about his change of heart, as I am sure you guys already know..Then, it was followed up with, " is there a reason why you feel better? so  do you know something we do not that you  have found out today?"..His response was .."yes...something has been brought to my attention today that makes me feel we are moving in the direction we need to be..."(paraphrasing)... I just wonder..what this is..any ideas as to what couldve manifested quite so quickly?


Don't flame me, but Jug seemed as though he might have had a drink or two to calm himself.  Maybe some kind of medication.


Geez, I would need some meds too!


i could go for a percocet personally...being on computer this long is really not good for back/neck...i know ergonomics...still have ice on shoulders Sad
Logged

peace to all
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 47



« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:34 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Thanks, Kacky!! I have not disputed that. Again, my point is I think it was from Greta's prompting.  Smile Especially if you review his phone conversation with FOM (which she posted part of above)
:::hearing the words "are you hearing the words that are coming outta my mouth" from the Jackie Chang movie::::



I hear ya! Very Happy She was trying, but he was sticking to what he wanted to say. My shock is how LE didn't get a statement from him.
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 6.279 seconds with 19 queries.