March 28, 2024, 07:00:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #33 06/29/05 Wednesday AM-Midday  (Read 214576 times)
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2005, 11:13:24 AM »

Just pokin my head in to say good morning, monkeys.  My new job is very demanding so I can't spend much time here.  I hope there is some good news today.  Well, if there is a body found, that of course is NOT good news, but if NH is not alive, then that's the best news that can be hoped for.  Her family needs a resolution.  Good thoughts to NH's family, friends and all those helping to find her.  Hugs to you all (even those with ridiculous theories... Wink )

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2005, 11:14:19 AM »

Quote from: "NL"
Quote from: "heavyheart"
Quote from: "deepthroat2"
couple of things...

JVDS and NH dropped off at 1:50am a little ways (700 yards) from HI.  Probably so they could walk and talk back to the HI before parting.  

Scenario 1:  JVDS gets all hot and tries to have his way with NH.  This probably would have occurred after at least 10 minutes.  Maybe he got what he wanted, maybe not.  But if he did, there is almost no time left before the phone call for a ride.  Maybe he left NH "hysterical" on the beach.

Scenario 2:  Walked and talked and said goodbye.  Maybe 25 minutes for this.  Still no time left to make her dissappear.

Conclusion:  Based on the time line, NH must have dissappeared AFTER he left her.  She had maybe 500 yards to walk back to the HI.

Reason for false story:  the 3 heard about her not showing up for the plane and got spooked and went to daddy VDS and explained what had happened.  After thinking about it - pappa gave them a story to deflect suspiscion away from Joran and the brothers.  They figured that she would show up in the next few days so no harm.  As time went along and she didn't, they started getting panicky and eventually ended up in jail where they reverted back to what actually happened.

This assumes you're buying the story about the three boys dropping Natalee and Joran off at the Marriot (or there about) beach.  Has anyone established this is in fact what happened or are we just going along with it because it was the last story to come out in the MSM?

Satish and Deepak dropped Natalee and Joran off at the beach, according to:
- Joran (source: PvdS)
- Deepak (source: security guard)

But who can believe anything they say? I can't, and LE must be having the same problem Mad
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2005, 11:14:28 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
The reporter on Fox also said IF there was a homicide.. and a body placed on the western part of the island.. it would not wash to shore...the currents are too strong.
 SO.. if that COULD be the case.. are they seraching the area where a body could possibly wash up?

Yes, I recall a long report from several weeks ago that indicated the western edge has powerful currents that only go out...nothing would come back in from there.

How far is that from the hotel area...or,the Marriot?
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2005, 11:15:19 AM »

Professor wrote:

I don't buy it. I think it's just "island mentality." I think the Arubans were protective of Paul and Joran van der Sloot, because he was "one of them," and they didn't care how Mickey John was treated because wasn't "one of them." He was Grenadan. And I think that the corruption that we see in the police department goes way beyond just a "few bad cops." On this incestuous island, it seems to seep into every nook and cranny of island life. That is why we have Steven Croes coming forward to offer a false alibi for his homey, and why we have women lining up to hand flowers and potted plants over the van der Sloot's front gate. And that is why, when Deepaks story started to unravel, he started to refer to Joran as "the Dutch boy." (Meaning: Not from Aruba) And that is why the life of one "tourist" is less important than the "tone" used in addressing one of the island's permanent residents. Just a hunch

If you call that a hunch then you don`t read arubagirl`s statements that you are not 'one of them'if you are born in the netherlands. And corruption you base on? This 'incestuous island' Hmm maybe I don`t understand your words very good but if I am then you are a little over the top with your statements JMHO....

And that there are 'women who are lining up' to give flowers and potted plants or something....What is wrong with that? I think it`s only very nice of them to do such things.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2005, 11:15:45 AM »

I'm popping in and out of here - trying to sell freight to trucks - and so excuse me if this has been discussed already.....BUT what are the headlines today?  

And is there any possibility that PVDS will be detained again, or are the police just going to ignore what Mickey said to the entire world last night?

If you guys get a chance, read the thread from early, early morning....there were some very sharp and witty people on this board!
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
I am getting mad at FOX. They are showing Mickey's interview again and prefaced it by saying that Mickey John SAID PVDS was involved. If you watch Mickey, at first he does NOT say daddy was. (per Deepak)
Can it be, with both Mickey and SC, that the language barrier is such that when Greta is in your face asking questions, maybe they don't understand this "fast talking" journalist and misunderstand the question?

Mickey said "the family" was involved in cooking up the cover-up. When Greta asked him what that meant, he said he didn't know, just "the family." Now, that leads me to believe that that included THE FATHER AND THE MOTHER. Otherwise Deepak would just say, "the father" or "the mother."

So, why get mad at FOX? They aren't distorting Mickey's account.
writergal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2005, 11:16:58 AM »

Poo Slinger is back...under the name Fecal Fastball. Cute.
air23ac
Scared Monkey

« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »

pine.....it must have been someone else who asked about cremation.....but there is a new facility? i wonder how well connected the van der sloots are? this, of course, is just wild speculation.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2005, 11:17:22 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Iquitos, I love your pretzel logic. Here's what I hear you saying: If it weren't for the pressure of the Alabama posse, the amigos wouldn't have had to lie and point fingers at the security guards. Ergo, it's the posse's fault that the security guards ended up in jail. That sounds like Joran's statement to his mother, "Mommy, if you hadn't gone to Holland, I never would have snuck out of the house." Hm. Let's follow your logic a little further. And if Joran had never snuck out of the house, none of this would have happened, so it's really ANITA's fault that Mickey John ended up in jail.

the FIRST lie was already made up, and if nothing "bad" had happened, why did the boys and dad have to even come up with a cover story before ever being asked anything by anyone?

I agree, blaming the scared parents of a missing girl for LE automatically buying into a lie told by boys of priviledge is just, well, horrific. joran and the bros kalpoe, were happy living with the 2 SG's being locked up for something they had nothing to do with. Sick
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #349 on: June 29, 2005, 11:17:51 AM »

I am getting mad at FOX. They are showing Mickey's interview again and prefaced it by saying that Mickey John SAID PVDS was involved. If you watch Mickey, at first he does NOT say daddy was. (per Deepak)
Can it be, with both Mickey and SC, that the language barrier is such that when Greta is in your face asking questions, maybe they don't understand this "fast talking" journalist and misunderstand the question?

MJ said "family".  By default, Paulus is inferred.  It's only because Anita wasn't back yet from Holland that she's not implicated by that statement as well.  

And language barrier?!?!  Mickey is from Grenada.  His first and ONLY language is ENGLISH!!!

Also, Greta reiterated multiple times, wanting absolute confirmation, so there was no misunderstanding...she even said something to the effect, 'what % certain are you of the wording Deepak used?'

He asserted, unequivocally, that Deepak said "family".
MississippiGirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2005, 11:17:53 AM »

The reporter on Fox also said IF there was a homicide.. and a body placed on the western part of the island.. it would not wash to shore...the currents are too strong.

If this is true and widely known in Aruba, why would anyone do anything with a body that they do not want found other than throw it into the ocean on that side?
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2005, 11:18:12 AM »

Quote from: "air23ac"
pine.....it must have been someone else who asked about cremation.....but there is a new facility? i wonder how well connected the van der sloots are? this, of course, is just wild speculation.

Since LE is not releasing any facts, what isn't? Wink
bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2005, 11:19:41 AM »

Quote from: "Daniel"
Quote from: "bobntexas"
I suspect that the spokesperson was changed because the Dutch media is now involved.
I only had the pleasure of seeing Mariaine for the first time yesterday, on Dutch TV, and her Dutch was both charming and impeccable.

Yes, Mariaine's Dutch would be very good as she went to school there for some period of time as I understand. My view is that it is like a PR move by the Prosecutor to have some face time before the Dutch people. Maybe I am just a cynic about human motives.
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: June 29, 2005, 11:20:22 AM »

Is it just me, or does it seem a bit too convenient that MJ didn't mention anything about the "family" in his earlier statements (when it would have been useful) and only added that to his story after PVDS had been taken into custody? Seems to me that he just wants to get even or something.

Also, SC has got to be either the worst liar or the stupidest guy on the island. If there is a Gilligan, it would be SC.
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #354 on: June 29, 2005, 11:20:22 AM »

I don't buy it. I think it's just "island mentality." I think the Arubans were protective of Paul and Joran van der Sloot, because he was "one of them," and they didn't care how Mickey John was treated because wasn't "one of them." He was Grenadan. And I think that the corruption that we see in the police department goes way beyond just a "few bad cops." On this incestuous island, it seems to seep into every nook and cranny of island life. That is why we have Steven Croes coming forward to offer a false alibi for his homey, and why we have women lining up to hand flowers and potted plants over the van der Sloot's front gate. And that is why, when Deepaks story started to unravel, he started to refer to Joran as "the Dutch boy." (Meaning: Not from Aruba) And that is why the life of one "tourist" is less important than the "tone" used in addressing one of the island's permanent residents. Just a hunch.

And, by the way, the police were with the Twittys. And they didn't even knock on the door. They waited patiently, outside the gate, and beeped the horn for 30 minutes.

What???  No tulips for Mickey???
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #355 on: June 29, 2005, 11:20:42 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
A couple things really bother me:

I do believe the Renfro confirmation on Joran being on the bus at 6:50...given that THIS IS A VERY TIGHT TIMELINE!!!  Even tighter than I originally thought.  I have to believe if Joran was engaged in foul play with Natalee that he had HELP from above (meaning dear old dad).  I think it's significant that reports are that he is a brilliant legal mind and can find all kinds of loop holes in the law, etc.  

I'm also very concerned about Steve Croes, what knucklehead just comes forward out of the clear blue!! I don't buy it for a second.  It's possible...there are airheads everywhere.  But, I doubt this is the case.

Also, I'm pissed LE had such little respect for Mickey that they didn't even get a statement from him regarding info Deepak told him. That info may well have moved the interrogations forward, AND possibly kept daddy behind bars.

I agree Nancy Drew....  I think PVDS will go back to jail anyday and SC perhaps as well.. I remember hearing on FOX the other day that they arnt out of the clear yet.. they are STILL suspects and can be easily arrested again. If my memory serves me right.. SandraK said that she is friends with someone who is firends with SC.. she said he dont know JVDS.. but never made mention of the other 2 boys..
  Hmm reporter on now saying SC was looking for reward money.. and thats not the case and he could be somehow complicit in the crime.. I guess the boys forgot to send him a memo that they changed his stories..
  They think PVDS helped by telling the boys not to say anything when MJ was arrested..  and he knows much more then he is telling.

I believe the report that the brothers and Croes didn't know each other...it's hard to lie about such things as friendships are hard to hide.  But, I have to believe someone, or something compelled Croes to go forward.  I think he said he overheard a conversation about Deepak...was that conversation passionate and did the discussion indicate poor Deepak was getting screwed?  Not sure...just rambling.

Mickey's conversation is hearsay and probably not allowed as evidence...BUT, if LE had taken his statement it could have really helped in interrogation of daddy and all three boys!!!  If he told Mickey there's a chance he told someone else during his time free.  Kids are kids...it's hard for them to stay totally silent...especially during the time when they weren't in custody.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2005, 11:21:10 AM »

Mickey said "the family" was involved in cooking up the cover-up. When Greta asked him what that meant, he said he didn't know, just "the family." Now, that leads me to believe that that included THE FATHER AND THE MOTHER. Otherwise Deepak would just say, "the father" or "the mother."

So, why get mad at FOX? They aren't distorting Mickey's account.

Yes they did, Professor. The "lead in" story was....next we have an interview with one of the released security guards, Mickey John, who said that Paulus VDS was involved in making up the cover story. Then they went to the tape. It is the misleading lead-in that infuriates me!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #357 on: June 29, 2005, 11:22:01 AM »

Iquitos, I love your pretzel logic. Here's what I hear you saying: If it weren't for the pressure of the Alabama posse, the amigos wouldn't have had to lie and point fingers at the security guards. Ergo, it's the posse's fault that the security guards ended up in jail. That sounds like Joran's statement to his mother, "Mommy, if you hadn't gone to Holland, I never would have snuck out of the house." Hm. Let's follow your logic a little further. And if Joran had never snuck out of the house, none of this would have happened, so it's really ANITA's fault that Mickey John ended up in jail.

My take is that Anita's family is really responsible for Natalie's disappearance.  After all, they had an "event" in Holland, and asked AVDS to attend, and because she was gone, Joran.....oh well, you get the drift....
 Wink
mishj
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2005, 11:22:41 AM »

I heard Mickey say that he wasnt sure who else was considered to be "family" but that the father was definitely involved.  This was on Greta - how come I am seemingly the only one who heard that statement??

KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #359 on: June 29, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"
Quote from: "mariloo1"

But, I wonder just how anxious and intimidating you would be to your own people if you knew your daughter had last been seen in the company of this arrogant liar?  And don't forget, the Holloways or the Alabamans did not force anyone to lie or coverup!!

I can understand their frustration and anger but they should have let the police handle it.

The police told them to wait and go to CnC's on Wednesday night, because it was ladies night and she would probably show up. I don't consider that evidence the LE was willing to help Natalee's family do anything, much less search for her.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.