April 19, 2024, 05:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #33 06/29/05 Wednesday AM-Midday  (Read 215159 times)
OldFart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #620 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »

Quote from: "deepthroat2"
[This story was on FOX and CNN on Monday at noon - check it

What is the link address....please.
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:23 PM »

Did anyone else hear this, late last night?

At the top of the hour, at 1 a.m. EST, here in the USA, on ABC RADIO news, I heard it stated that a young woman had come forward and stated that when she had been vacationing in Aruba, she remembers quite very well that Joran 'hit' on her and was trying again & again & again to LURE HER AWAY.

The report did not identify the young woman.

They ended up stating that Aruban LE authorities would now investigate as to whether Joran has a long history as a predator upon foreign female tourists visiting Aruba.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #622 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:35 PM »

This story was on FOX and CNN on Monday at noon - check it

Please show me where this was on TV at noon.  I had no idea that it was broadcast that early since flights had barely left Aruba at that time.  And if that is the case, I doubt Joran was able to watch CNN or FOX while at school taking and acing his final exams.
MsPooh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #623 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:58 PM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
Consider signing:

Petition: Ban Aruba

http://www.petitiononline.com/aruba/petition.html

Good heavens!!! WTH? have you had your head buried under a rock?I know of at least 10 unsolved murder cases just in MY city alone, and my city isn't that big, I can only imagine what it is like in bigger cities, o.k. let's put out a ban America sign too while we are at it..anyway sorry for the rant but dayum! Rolling Eyes

Life's a journey not a destination..
inthepacific
Scared Monkey

« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:04 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Consider signing:

I personally think this is rediculous!  Ban Aruba???  Aruba is a country made up of many people....just regular people like you and I.....every country has it's bad apples....Aruba is no different...no better and no worse.....Beth had constantly said how wonderful the people of Aruba hae been to her and her family/friends......we may not agree with how the legal system is run or how this investigation has been handled...but a petition ot Ban Aruba....plain silliness...and IMO, doesn't belong on this board.

Sunny

This petition is ridiculous. People will still visit Aruba. I'm thinking it might be my next vacation destination.
 Smile
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:19 PM »

Quote from: "KackyLacky"
Kerin!
You solved it, UBL has her! Bet he needed her to clean his cave!  These rumors about insurance scams, reports of beth reporting her missing before she was missing, Dad being secret service and a foriegn gov took her, sex slavery, drug queen, whatever......sometimes really sound ridiculous to me. As you notice I don't answer them or respond to them.
But I have watched enough TV to know odd things happen. However, if UBL or a colombian drug lord wanted her, why did joran and the bros kalpoe make up a lie before they even needed a lie? Why did they implicate 2 innocent men in a crime and go about their lives while innocent men sat in jail?

Kacky, thanks for posting that and being the voice of reason. I was away taking blood pressure meds.  Wink

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #626 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:29 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Consider signing:

I don't agree with what is going on in LE now
but please lets not add to arubas pain.
The locals are powerless and will be most hurt by ban whitney.
people who do not want to go wont go.
I'll go again and again!
I'd rather put an international ban on a**holes.
IMO

I agree with you 100% friend of monkeys..i think the other victims here are the locals of aruba.........they have been sooo helpful over there and i feel that the authorities are to blame and no one else..aruba should not be punished for their stupidity and lack of experience!!! Their lack of experience is not our problem............

Kelly
Microcephalic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #627 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:32 PM »

I know I said I was finished with this but what I say and what I do are not always in line.  So speaking as a known liar, there is no valid reason that any of these boys would lie unless they had done something wrong or had knowledge of something that was done.  There is no valid reason that all 3 would conspire to make up a story unless either all 3 were involved in a crime or all 3 thought it in their best interest to make up a story.  The phone call and text message from Joran to Deepak that night suggests that the Kalpoes were not directly involved.  If they were there would be no reason to calll them because they would, of course, already be there and I am having a hard time believing that the kalpoes, assuming they simply dropped Joran and NH off at the beach, would risk taking a murder rap or whatever simply to protect Joran.  Therefore, the 3 boys are all lying because it is in their best interest not to tell anyone where Joran was dropped off in the case of the Kalpoes, and neither where they were dropped off or what happened thereafter in the case of Joran.  As Shango said, they don't build sand castles.  The only logical reason for ALL three to lie, assuming the Kalpoes mearly provided transportation, is that they All are afraid to tell the truth.  The Kalpoes won't tell us where NH was dropped off for the same reason Joran won't, because they will reveal who the real bad guy(s) are and their lives will be in danger.  Just a thought.
klowe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #628 on: June 29, 2005, 02:47:23 PM »

This has been mentioned before, it is a line out of the song "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynryd, from Alabama.  
"If I leave here tomorrow, will you still remember me, for i must be travelling on now, there's too many places i gotta see".

It is not uncommon for this song to be the theme of a graduating senior of high school (especially in alabama) that is being sentimental about leaving all of her friends at graduation.  She is going to be leaving high school and moving on to college, etc.
I know it seems coincidental in the current situation, but that is all it is in my opinion.
Klowe

Quote from: "Jenn Smile"
One thing I think about alot is her Yearbook comment.

something along the lines of "If I'm gone tomorrow will you still remember me" Freebird.  (I don't know what it was exactly but it was something like that.)

Maybe it was just a coinsidence....but I know in my year book, alot of comments under the senior picture, was on a much positive note.

although, I know when I had to submit mine for my yearbook (10 years ago), they had to be submitted in by November at the latest.

Just a thought and something to think about.

**come home safely and soon Natalee**
Kristin-SC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #629 on: June 29, 2005, 02:47:54 PM »

Natalee did NOT leave on her own. The yearbook quote was nothing more than just a quote. Trying to use the "she left" theory detracts from the fact that J and the brothers were the last people seen with Natalee alive. They hold the answers, they know where they took her, they know where they left her. No more bullshit Aruba, we want answers NOW. Those boys need to be interogated 24 hours a day until one of them cracks. It is only a matter of time before that happens. For all the rest of the world knows, the three of them are watching tv in their cells.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #630 on: June 29, 2005, 02:47:59 PM »

Quote from: "newshound"

At the top of the hour, at 1 a.m. EST, here in the USA, on ABC RADIO news, I heard it stated that a young woman had come forward and stated that when she had been vacationing in Aruba, she remembers quite very well that Joran 'hit' on her and was trying again & again & again to LURE HER AWAY.

They ended up stating that Aruban LE authorities would now investigate as to whether Joran has a long history as a predator upon foreign female tourists visiting Aruba.

no I didn't and haven't. Perhaps just anothe rumor about joran.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #631 on: June 29, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »

Quote from: "blfit"
I think it's important to remember what we have learned concerning the Aruban government.  They haven't had many of these cases to deal with and they don't release information like the US does.  It apprears they are trying to investigate all options.  Maybe they have made some mistakes but so has the US government in investigating certain situations.  I don't think this type of thing is necessary.

First of all, I am growing weary of hearing "this is how it's done in our system."  They can go into Mickey Johns apartment "like a bunch of cowboys" but they need to wait several days to go into the VDS home???  No body has ever said the US government hasn't made mistakes, but that's not the issue we're talking about here.

Initially, I gave some consideration to their lack of experience, but not any more.  In the beginning, they came off looking like the Keystone Cops, they have since declined to accept the FBI's expertise, and Lord knows what else they have refused.  They released kids who were PRIME suspects for several days - there's just absolutely no reason for that.  It's probably in a Sears Roebuck detective manual somewhere on page 2.

If you're doing things like releasing your prime suspects, it's hard to have faith that there's a whole lot of really good detective work being done that we don't know about.

Sheesh.

As for the website - it's a matter of opinion.  You don't have to go there if you don't want to.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #632 on: June 29, 2005, 02:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "air23ac"
if the ex-boyfriend was on trip, that would make sense....but jug????????
wasn't he miles away? and the only other possiblities(business related) seem to be long shots.
If I understand correctly, there have been rumors online somewhere that I read about, that prior to the HS graduation trip, that a large insurance policy was taken out on Natalee- which included a kidnapping clause.

On different forums, I've noticed posters asking IF this is true, and HOW to determine if such a thing was true.

I do not know where the rumor originated.

Many days back the company was listed on here, but I believe it was a policy that originated  with the travel agency.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #633 on: June 29, 2005, 02:49:37 PM »

That petition is just as stupid as the website who sells stupid t-shirts with
ridiculous text on them... Only to benefit over somebody`s dissapearence
 Rolling Eyes

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #634 on: June 29, 2005, 02:49:40 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Consider signing:

I don't agree with what is going on in LE now
but please lets not add to arubas pain.
The locals are powerless and will be most hurt by ban whitney.
people who do not want to go wont go.
I'll go again and again!
I'd rather put an international ban on a**holes.
IMO

I agree with you 100% friend of monkeys..i think the other victims here are the locals of aruba.........they have been sooo helpful over there and i feel that the authorities are to blame and no one else..aruba should not be punished for their stupidity and lack of experience!!! Their lack of experience is not our problem............

DITTO! FOM and Kelly---the site with the T-shirts is nuts as well. Hurtful to people who I think are decent and are caring about Natalee and her family. I think there is just a small group, that are trying to influence the case somehow. But again, this is not the average Aruban. I am still going there on my vacation!
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #635 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:59 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
if only Joran was dropped at the beach why would all 3 need to be in on Daddy's story? Also, if they figured Natalee would show up in the next few days, why would they even have the need to make up a story? In that sceanrio, why wouldn't daddy just have Joran admit he was on the beach with her? I would have thought in that scenario that the worst daddy would have thought Joran did was rape/have sex with Natalee and that he may need to make up a story for THAT (possible rape charges).

But would Paul even get that upset over Joran facing a rape charge? American culture is different. We tend to be more prude-y than the Dutch about sex. I just don't see Papa getting that upset about it or even worrying about it.

But now kidnapping or death -- those are totally different ballgames.
Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #636 on: June 29, 2005, 02:51:42 PM »

Who is the other person???? Sunny

No sorry I don't know

Teo
www.arubadag.com

Going to do some other things now...

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »

Yes, I saw a picture of her. She appeared to be a little over weight.
Chaumes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2005, 02:53:01 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
2 - put yourself in the boys place. You get out of school on Monday afternoon, meet up with buddies and see a TV somewhere or get a call that says "hey - you btter watch the Tele". When you see who is missing - OH MY GOD! Then the converations with your buddies really start. They all knew they were the last ones with her and people had seen them and they also knew that Joren was with her last. They probably questioned him at length about what happened on the beach and he repeatedly said "nothing!". Then they went to poppa VDS and asked what to do.

This probably was not on TV on Monday afternoon.  In fact I don't think there was much action by police even until that night when Beth showed up and got the information herself about who this kid was and where he lived.  From what I gather, a chaperone stayed behind, got the hotel's help in getting police to make a report that wasn't taken seriously and finally some calls made from Alabama got a DEA agent from another island over to assist the chaperone, but nothing was really done until that night when Beth got there and researched and asked questions until she finally came up with this name and where they lived.  At that point Papa was home in bed and awakened by the police honking.  Doubt anything was on TV until the following couple of days.

dragonfly:  agree this was probably not on TV by Monday afternoon (therefore, not widely available that a girl was missing).  And while Beth is recognized as the one to get the spotlight on JVDS, the chaperone may have heard mention of his name/and or physical description from students who saw her last then gave same to police.  If police had any awareness of JVDS possibly being last seen with NH - prior to Beth's arrival - it would only take a phone call from PVDS' friend inside police dept. (Van Straaten?) to give PVDS a heads up on the situation.  The detail about the chaperone's contacting police around noon about a missing person, that by 10:00 that evening had still not been acted upon, has been disturbing; it's potential significance shouldn't be minimized.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »

Quote from: "cast"

Yes, I saw a picture of her. She appeared to be a little over weight.

If it was on the radio, where is a picture of her, so I can see and read this story. Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.