April 27, 2024, 03:50:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 825144 times)
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:53 PM »

Omni, I haven't heard this, haven't seen this, but if this happened? Wow, point me to the people and I will kick their ass.

I almost can't believe it, because everyone here like"that poor poor woman, God help her".
Next sentence: [U.S. media] SHUT UP!!!!

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
Quote from: "Shellbell"
All new cell phones have them.  That is a fact, I know this.  I worked for cell phone companies.  And I am 99.5% sure the law is the same in Aruba.

I just got a new phone first of the year  did not have gps

If the diamond isnt at the top, your cell phone provider could be shut down and sued by the government.  That is a BIG NO NO!!!
NL
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:17 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Arubagirl - we need a picture of Lorenzo...how can we get one?

Why do we need a picture of "Lorenzo"?  Rolling Eyes

What we need to know is WHY Steve Croes went to the police. Did Paul paid him? Or his "client" (one of the Kalpoes)?
Are the Kalpoes also changing stories? If so, then THEY have also something to do with the disapearance of Holloway.

In NOVA they said the judge-commisioner will decide whether or not to prolong the detention of the 3 suspects on Monday. But maybe they meants Tuesday. I don't know.

"We need more technical assistance", is what Karin said to the American media. But to the Dutch media Karin said she thinks she has enough investigators and material to solve this case.
Maybe Karin wants to please the American public, Natalee's family, Bill O'Reilly and the Aruban Prime Minister, who all want the Dutch Marine to join in....
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Would someone please SHUT BILL O'REILLY UP???

The only thing that can explain O'Reilly's outburst with Trappenburg, I'm sadly SUSPECTING that it's a symptom of CRACK addiction...not saying it is...but that behavior is seen with CRACK addicts.

:::nodding head::::
makes sense to me, Whitney...uh huh.

i think it is adhd
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:36 PM »

<<Bill O'Reilly on FOX keeps saying that this case is killing the economy of Aruba. >>

He probably got his information from the Paris Business Review.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:46 PM »

All new cell phones have them.  That is a fact, I know this.  I worked for cell phone companies.  And I am 99.5% sure the law is the same in Aruba.

It may not be a law in Aruba but I'm sure that the phones have them because they are built in since 2004. I don't think they would make special phones for certian countries.

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2005, 08:39:49 PM »

Quote from: "Onnimus"
Evil or Very Mad

Has anyone heard this/ If it's been commented on here before, I haven't seen it, I can barely keep up with all the threads and posts! I am especially interested in ArubaGirl's opinion on this because if she has seen Natalee's mom out and about, she might confirm or deny this.

I would quote my source if I could remember, it was on another forum in a similar format to this and has also been mentioned on the CourtTv boards, but on the original forum it was mentioned on (Trip Advisor maybe?)....someone is in Aruba with her husband, and this lady is buying Internet time by the half-hour and posting to the message board.

She said that they see Natalee's mom around, and has heard her talking about how nice the locals are being to her.....the locals are hugging her mom, giving her kind words and support, and then she turns her back and is walking away from them, they are flipping her off and making fun of her and being very disrepectful. The lady said both she and her husband have seen this behavior a number of times, and also heard the locals who've been speaking with Beth talking crap about her when she isn't around- then being nice to her face when she crosses paths with them again.

I am SURE this is not ALL locals by any means, but it was said that this is happening quite a bit and a lot of the islanders are just ticked off and want the Holloway family gone and over with.

Are some of the locals really being this openly hateful or rude? It's one thing to hate the things Americans are generalizing about Aruba, and to want the whole thing to be wrapped up and go away but another thing entirely to be hateful to poor Beth....even if Beth has had snaps of temper, she is grieving and just wants her daughter.

People there (tourists) claim to have seen this firsthand. ArubaGirl, do you see things like this happen? I hope not... Sad

I'm sure it happens and wouldn't be surprised.  Tourism supports 95% of the population directly or indirectly; the only one's who are immune from this is good ol' editor of Diario and his family...they have "other income" of course.
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »

Quote from: "maggie fff"
http://www.digicelaruba.com/about/

.. Digicel raised the bar where acceptable levels of network coverage were concerned. By installing some 15 cellular towers; throughout the Island, Digicel offers 90% population coverage thus firmly establishing itself as the Number One GSM mobile provider in Aruba. ...

Good job Maggie.  That's great saturation.  Maybe that's what LE has to keep them in jail.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:24 PM »

klaassend, unless it's on the internet, good luck.

maggie fff
Scared Monkey

« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:45 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
90% coverage, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What crack have they been smoking?

But did the boys have digicel phones or Setar phones?

Who knows? ...  15 cell towers is the point of the post.
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:57 PM »

I have to say that the news gets more disturbing every day. And not just because of what appears to be a cover-up, but because of a certain “island mentality” that seems to demand a cover-up, with anybody but local boys held accountable for Natalee Holloway’s disappearance. We have seen the operation of “swift island justice” before, in the Virgin Islands, and in Jamaica, where local police departments were quick to find non-resident scapegoats, and where they were quick to bring any meaningful investigation to a halt.

In a way, I can understand that “island mentality.” Residents of a small island, like Aruba, have to live with their neighbors, sometimes for generations. And tourists, and security guards, and day laborers come and go. And it’s much easier to blame an outsider, when anything goes wrong.

But it seems that Aruba’s “island mentality”goes beyond that. It seems to treat tourists and outsiders as if they were of no importance whatsoever. We see headlines that read, Crisis Blown Out of Proportion, and hear the groans of Arubans who want nothing more than to see this case go away. And that is profoundly disturbing, because we are dealing with a human life here. We even have Arubans throwing debris into the water, while men from Equusearch search for possible remains of Natalee Holloway.

The way I see it, Mickey John (a Granadan) was supposed to be the fall guy in this investigation, along with his partner, Alexander Jones. And, while the residents of Aruba were quick condemn the lack of etiquette of Jug Twitty’s “Alabama posse,” when it stopped at the gate of Paulus van der Sloot in the wee hours of May 31, there was not one whimper of protest (or outrage) when 14 police officers rammed down the door of Mickey John in a “pre-dawn raid” and arrested him in his underwear. Not one whimper of protest.

Not one Aruban has come forward to express outrage at that double standard. Not one Aruban has come forward to apologize to Mickey Jones. Not one.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2005, 08:41:40 PM »

http://www.cellphoneresourcelist.com
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »

heavyheart, I don't know where they have the 90% coverage, but uhm, I haven't quite noticed that. I switched back to Setar pronto (much to my chagrin, because I wanted to give my money to another company).
I was standing in ORANJESTAD and I didn't have coverage.

Second, do we  know that the boys HAD Digicel or did they have Setar?

dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:08 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Rudy PM'd us he would like Bill O Reilly banned!.

Adding some levity.  Very Happy

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:46 PM »

OK..Bill is suffering from MPD...I do not know the name of this particular personality, but rumor has it he is related to Sybil...

"God dont like ugly"
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:52 PM »

We heard the story Monday, maybe? The thing is I heard it from a friend who is in the red cross, and another member was talking to a cop.

But that it really broke Tuesday morning. We knew pretty early on about a Dutch guy and the two Surinamese brothers.

Shellbell, it's Aruban law to have GPS tracking in cellphones? Holy crap.

arubagirl,
you heard from people or officially on the radio or TV? Because the police didn't know until 9 pm that night.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »

klaassend, unless it's on the internet, good luck.

Do you know if he has a business or anything?  I'm thinking he may be pictured in some of the sites of Joran and Deepak but I don't know what to look for.
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2005, 08:43:22 PM »

Quote from: "CAMDOG"
Steve Croes is on Paula Zahn now.  This guy is unbelieveable!  He says he doesn't know the Kalpoe brothers and he doesn't really know why he chose to involve himself in the case of a missing/possibly murdered tourist?!?!?!?   Does he really think anyone believes him?

SandraK who posts here says she knows Steve.  She described his as "very nice...but dumb as a box of rocks."  Interesting.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2005, 08:43:35 PM »

IF YOU PURCHASED A NEW CELLPHONE over the past 18 months or so, odds are that one of the features listed in small print on the side of the box was "E911 capable." Or, as in the case of my latest Motorola, "Location technology for piece [sic] of mind." Perhaps you asked the salesman to explain the feature, and he replied that it means that cops can home in on your phone in case of an emergency, a potentially important perk should you ever find your hand pinned beneath an immovable boulder in rural Utah, as Aron Ralston did recently. Assuming he could have gotten a signal, an E911-capable phone might have saved the young backpacker the pain of having to amputate his own arm.
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2005, 08:43:51 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"

I just got a new phone first of the year  did not have gps

If the diamond isnt at the top, your cell phone provider could be shut down and sued by the government.  That is a BIG NO NO!!!

they going to shut down Cingular wireless  sure i beleave that   I was looking at phones today for my mother  thay are selling phone with out gps now in alabama
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.