March 18, 2024, 11:58:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 821066 times)
Watson
Scared Monkey

« Reply #500 on: June 29, 2005, 09:09:04 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
we are definatly dealing with completly different value sets or morals than we are used to in the States

ztriggz, we may be used to dealing with our own legal system, but to question Aruban values or morals based on the differences of their legal system as compared to ours is both inflammatory and demeaning.  Knock it off, or learn to communicate better via this messageboard.

Thanks RB.....

"It's a wicked thing to tell fibs." - Sherlock Holmes
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #501 on: June 29, 2005, 09:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
Hi Shellbell,
About that imaginary GPS "law"... I thought you are doing some confusion with a cellular technology incorporated in the new phones: see GPRS.
Now, as some of us already posted here, ANY cell phone COULD BE traced due to the "trigonometric" implantation of the towers. Wink

PS - GPS is satellite "tracing" and what you are trying to tell us is a complete different concept (used since the beginning of the cell phones use and always available to the LE agencies) but now regulated by the specification E911 http://www.fcc.gov/911/enhanced/

Having GPS and E911 compatable are the same thing.  Called my old boss to make sure.  And yes they do have to be on the new cell phones.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #502 on: June 29, 2005, 09:09:38 PM »

Are you not ashamed of the way Mickey John was treated?

And are you not ashamed of the way your fellow Arubans are treating Natalee Holloway?

First question.. Personally ashamed, no. And does the other security guard not count or something? Do I think the cops were wrong, yes. Tell me, do you feel ashamed for everything that the cops in your country do wrong/

Second question: In order not to give myself a heart attack typing a response that does not include swear words or mean things, I'm going to call it a night.

Good night.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #503 on: June 29, 2005, 09:09:49 PM »

Thanks Dragonfly - and you're welcome, Watson.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: June 29, 2005, 09:10:37 PM »

Communicate your views effectively on this messageboard. Think twice about how you'll be perceived before you hit submit.

We are here to discuss ALL views on this case. Observations and questions about the suspects, the victims, and their families are not "bashing" as long as they are supported by clear and articulate thoughts which are sensitive to the passionate feelings surrounding all of them. Just because you find a post to be opposing your view or theory does NOT make the other poster "bashing" or maligning. Don't worry - if we think the post is bashing or maligning, we'll take the appropriate steps to be certain it doesn't happen again.

This board is not a chat room - your manners should be quite evident in your posts and relative to the topic at hand. There are 100-300 of you on here at any given time; frankly we can't be everywhere at once and nor should we be expected to be. It is time for the adults to "play nice."I expect you will do as I've just stated, otherwise I assure you there will be bans, which will be unannounced and not warned, for 5 days for those of you insist on not showing some decency and understanding towards others.

For those of you who routinely post thought-provoking, respectful posts, we salute and thank you, and ask that you continue to provide the example to other Monkeys.
NL
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: June 29, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »

(deleted)
Watson
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: June 29, 2005, 09:10:53 PM »

Night arubagirl.....THANKS for all your input  Smile

"It's a wicked thing to tell fibs." - Sherlock Holmes
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2005, 09:11:06 PM »

That was just plain WRONG

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
ExTexinAZ
Scared Monkey

« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2005, 09:11:07 PM »

While Fox was just now interviewing Dave Holloway, the identification line said "Natalee Holloway's Step Father".   Shocked

"If only you believe in miracles, baby, so would I"
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2005, 09:11:44 PM »

I had a phone call, left awhile ago at page 12 and now you're at 34!!!  No matter how fast I peddle I can't keep up!!!

Yikes.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #510 on: June 29, 2005, 09:11:44 PM »

Quote from: "m.a. johnson"
Motive.

Motive (Courtesy of Legal-Explinations.com)
n. During a criminal investigation, the reason most likely why someone committed a crime. For instance, jealousy, greed, revenge, or part of a theft. Evidence of a motive is admissible at trial, but it is not necessary to have proof of a motive in order to prove a crime.  (my highlight)

I highlight the above to make the following point.  Why would a suspect abduct a person such as Natalee or rape a victim?  It is because of [/i]hate or a means to inflict pain, humiliation or perhaps revenge on another person or those associated with that person.

What could possibly motivate Joran Van der S to commit such a crime?  How much does he like the U.S. ?  Is he hurt because his former American girlfriend dumped him?  Did he love her?  Did this cause him great pain?  His mother said that the girl broke it off saying something similiar to that Joran was to weak and that she needed a "stronger man".  Does this woman look at all like Natalee Holloway or is a victim from America enough of a motive?  I hear that being labeled weak in Aruba is especially humiliating.  So, is humiliation part of the motive too?  What about Paris Hilton, his obsessions with her too.  Is that his view of America?  Not all of the girls that party are one in the same.  Yes, believe it or not I've heard that a good many do in fact say "NO".  

Who would be so malicious to use a drug on a person to render her helpless and foce sex upon her just for pleasure?  Could it be that he feels weak and powerless?  Weak and without any self-control?  So, he gets into shoving matches and slams people into walls while they are guests to his island?  He feels no shame for any of this???  Why should he?  He has no regard for the law or the rules of his community on and on.  Why should he, he's broke them at will and noone holds him accountable, including the Polis.  He drinks much.  Alcoholics have no control of themselves, this we know. CC's looks the other way. He gambles and finds himself behind the eight-ball and risking yet more.  On a Sunday night he looses some more........the ball gets bigger, makes him mad.

He looks for someone to blame, everybody but HIMSELF.  Will it be a victim he redirects his anger towards? He is in therapy to manage his anger, his rage.

I've judged a few people in my life. Joran doesn't tell the often if ever or at least when he knows he's at fault. We are to presume he would not lie some more?  What father, what member of the court would expect a suspect to not tell the truth?  They take everybody down a notch with what you do.  So much so that some would soon pull the plug, to retaliate and forego vacationing in fear they have no recourse. But, you've done it so many times you do it again....Looking out for your self-interrests, you and dad.

No body.  No crime?  That's denial ladies and gentlemen.

Good point.
Joyleopard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:02 PM »

Tim Miller from Equusearch was just on Larry King with Nancy Grace and he said he was hopeful about their search tomorrow in the ocean and they just showed Joran Van Der Sloot being transported by car today and he looked up at the camera and he seemed to be smiling! I don't think he realizes what kind of trouble he might be in.
Great job by Martin Savidge on MSNBC tonight getting that interveiw with the maiin prosecuter!

Joy
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #512 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:18 PM »

Quote from: "mitzid66"
Regarding the cell phone GPS.  You may not even know that your phone has it.  We had a truck stolen last year, and the phone was in it.  That evening, I called our carrier, Cingular Wireless, and ask if they could tell if the phone had been used.  They said they could tell us the following day.

The next morning when I called, they said it had been used, and in 48 hours, they could tell us what towers were used to connect.  I was surprised, as we didn't know anything about GPS, and the phone was already a year old.  

It unfortunately, was not the reason we found the truck or the thieves, but it was nice to know that it works.  And as far as I know, it works WAY faster now.  

Exactly.  That is where I am also.  But I worked for Alltel.  Bag phones were the bomb though!!!!  Wish I would have been smart and kept mine!

Sorry, do not know how it works anywhere else, just how it worked in Georgia.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #513 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:19 PM »

Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
While Fox was just now interviewing Dave Holloway, the identification line said "Natalee Holloway's Step Father".   Shocked
Oh my, what a mess this is getting to be.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #514 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:24 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Also, I'm not trying to diss Dash, but according to me they could have taken: Aruba-Miami-Birmingham or Aruba-Atlanta-Birmingham (if that flight still exists)

If it was Aruba - Miami, there is a flight that leaves at 9, so meeting at 8.30 in the lobby would be way.too.late. the next Aruba-Miami flight leaves at two. The Aruba-Atlanta flight leaves at 3.30 (I think).

we have never gotten the straight story on the timeline that morning.  dan reihl's account is the closest we have gotten and it is off on some points.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #515 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:35 PM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"
I would have thought the "critical" phase would have been the first 24 hours.

Stupid reporters.
Search back to some of WWizard's early posts and shudder.  24 hours and "poof!"
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2005, 09:13:47 PM »

H & C on Fox just interviewed Dave Holloway...caption on bottom of screen ID'd him as Natalee's Stepfather...ugh!

Anyway, Dave said he wasn't aware of 'no body, no conviction'.  He also said that he believes that the 3 boys had help, and wouldn't rule anyone out.  They are still looking.

STill have to log in twice to get in here....back to TV..will be back.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2005, 09:13:50 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Also, I'm not trying to diss Dash, but according to me they could have taken: Aruba-Miami-Birmingham or Aruba-Atlanta-Birmingham (if that flight still exists)

If it was Aruba - Miami, there is a flight that leaves at 9, so meeting at 8.30 in the lobby would be way.too.late. the next Aruba-Miami flight leaves at two. The Aruba-Atlanta flight leaves at 3.30 (I think).

I'm not sure now if they met in the lobby at 8:30 or 10:30. Another report said they met at 10:30. Anybody know which is correct?
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2005, 09:14:42 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
That was just plain WRONG

Nothing 5 DAYS didn't cure Smile  Carry on......
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2005, 09:14:43 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
I bet daddy EDITED - USE HIS NAME RB was smart enough to tell EDITED to turn his phone off even with out gps  they can track to the tower the cops would have some ideal where to look for natalee
Phone OFF??? Well... then it's better the cops bring a CHAIR to wait for the signal. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.