March 19, 2024, 03:24:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 821090 times)
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #520 on: June 29, 2005, 09:14:53 PM »

Quote from: "NL"
(deleted)

Professor:

I find your posts to be so edgy and many times border on inappropriate.  I'm sorry, but I have a very hard time with the undercurrent in your posts.  It always seems like you have a hidden agenda.

Just my opinion.
ztriggz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #521 on: June 29, 2005, 09:15:07 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
we are definatly dealing with completly different value sets or morals than we are used to in the States

ztriggz, we may be used to dealing with our own legal system, but to question Aruban values or morals based of the differences of their legal system as compared to ours is both inflammatory and demeaning.  Knock it off, or learn to communicate better via this messageboard.

communicate better?

I don't think I generalized the Arubain people by selecting SC in my comment.
communicate this:  SC is a pos. an insensitve, selfserving,
liar at the very least.

I have previously describe the locals as "wonderful people"
thier assigned (not elected) officials are the ones in question.

inflamatory maybe, but I'm not the racist in this situation.

I hope those liars rear ends are incurably inflamed...
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: June 29, 2005, 09:15:21 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
Also, I'm not trying to diss Dash, but according to me they could have taken: Aruba-Miami-Birmingham or Aruba-Atlanta-Birmingham (if that flight still exists)

If it was Aruba - Miami, there is a flight that leaves at 9, so meeting at 8.30 in the lobby would be way.too.late. the next Aruba-Miami flight leaves at two. The Aruba-Atlanta flight leaves at 3.30 (I think).

I'm not sure now if they met in the lobby at 8:30 or 10:30. Another report said they met at 10:30. Anybody know which is correct?

write...there were 2 groups (different planes) that flew out at different times.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #523 on: June 29, 2005, 09:15:32 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Quote from: "mitzid66"
Regarding the cell phone GPS.  You may not even know that your phone has it.  We had a truck stolen last year, and the phone was in it.  That evening, I called our carrier, Cingular Wireless, and ask if they could tell if the phone had been used.  They said they could tell us the following day.

The next morning when I called, they said it had been used, and in 48 hours, they could tell us what towers were used to connect.  I was surprised, as we didn't know anything about GPS, and the phone was already a year old.  

It unfortunately, was not the reason we found the truck or the thieves, but it was nice to know that it works.  And as far as I know, it works WAY faster now.  

Exactly.  That is where I am also.  But I worked for Alltel.  Bag phones were the bomb though!!!!  Wish I would have been smart and kept mine!

Sorry, do not know how it works anywhere else, just how it worked in Georgia.

with out gps  you can still tell what towers the cell phone  was close to
Time-again
Scared Monkey

« Reply #524 on: June 29, 2005, 09:16:17 PM »

A quick comment about the locals treatment of Beth, Beth and Jug are very aware of the fact that many of the local take down the fliers as soon
as she  is out of sight yet this will not keep her from going back time
and time again. She's past their pettiness and is only looking for answers and we know that there is someone there, in Auba, that knows what happened that night, someone other than the boys.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #525 on: June 29, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »

Noted, ztriggz.  Thank you for explaining.
pybird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #526 on: June 29, 2005, 09:17:09 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
Quote from: "pybird"

That was so kind, nancy.  I'm sure you will wear it with pride & some sorrow.  I do have one question tho.  How did they get your name & address?
emm, when she ordered the bracelet, I would think Shocked

Oh, I get it Lausa.  You order the bracelet then send the money.  Hmmm...Don't think so.  Perhaps you are correct. And please don't be shocked.  I've always had to pay for everything I order at the time I place the order.  I guess I'm the one that should be shocked!
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: June 29, 2005, 09:17:12 PM »

Aruba has many characteristics that are similar to this definition.

I looked past the hindu references more #2 down.

These are the differences that we are not used to.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=caste

Since we are a melting pot and our culture is based on inclusion, this definition is not a concept we handle well.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #528 on: June 29, 2005, 09:17:19 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
Quote from: "mehill10"
I bet daddy EDITED - USE HIS NAME RB was smart enough to tell EDITED to turn his phone off even with out gps  they can track to the tower the cops would have some ideal where to look for natalee
Phone OFF???
Well it's better they bring a CHAIR to wait for the signal. Cool
Okay, you guys may be able to settle a long time argument, but I have always been told with GPS it does not matter if the battery is off or on... Question  Question
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #529 on: June 29, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

On CNN:  Jug Twitty not surprised about Joran changing his story.  Doesn't understand why Aruban LE can't crack the boys.  Not so much Joran because he thinks he's a sociopath anyway. Shocked
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #530 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »

Quote from: "Joyleopard"
Tim Miller from Equusearch was just on Larry King with Nancy Grace and he said he was hopeful about their search tomorrow in the ocean and they just showed Joran Van Der Sloot being transported by car today and he looked up at the camera and he seemed to be smiling! I don't think he realizes what kind of trouble he might be in.
Great job by Martin Savidge on MSNBC tonight getting that interveiw with the maiin prosecuter!

Joy

Or maybe he realizes that his advice from his father to hold out, no body no case is paying off.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #531 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:10 PM »

I'm accepted as local for the sake of my parents. But the fact that I was born in the Netherlands as opposed to Aruba is like, ooh, okay, you're not really Aruban.

Considered local: You were born here. You're parents have lived here for a long time (15 years not enough). You speak Papiamento fluently and without an accent, you celebrate the same things, you know the Aruban anthem, you work here. Also, Joran van der Sloot's father was 'send' here by Holland. So, he didn't come because he wanted to. Not local.

My mother's definition is much more strict. She's like 3 generations at the minimum.

Thanks, Arubagirl... you said because of the "sake of your parents..." Just guessing then, but your family goes like waaaaayyyyy back Aruba, then.  LOL...you were that blip on the screen born in NL....

I've noticed that many of the "law types"...the women, have euro-NL-colored eyes mixed with (my guess) the brown of the indigenous Arawak people.  

Finally, as a curiosity, what is the Islamic influence into Aruba that has populated the "so-called MOTHER Country", i.e., NL?

Thank you for your information, Arubagirl, if you can/or will.  I tried to PM you, but the site is shutdown for such.
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:55 PM »

Quote from: "Time-again"
A quick comment about the locals treatment of Beth, Beth and Jug are very aware of the fact that many of the local take down the fliers as soon
as she  is out of sight yet this will not keep her from going back time
and time again. She's past their pettiness and is only looking for answers and we know that there is someone there, in Auba, that knows what happened that night, someone other than the boys.

That is bad.

Innocent people dont lie.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #533 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:59 PM »

Second question: In order not to give myself a heart attack typing a response that does not include swear words or mean things, I'm going to call it a night.

Good night.
Nite.  Bear with us, please!  I hate to think of your blood pressure rising.  You tell us what you know as best you know it.  You go out gathering as much information and pictures as you have time to do.  Please excuse us when our manners and common decency fail us.  No heart attacks, please.  Peace. Viva, Aruba!  Viva, Arubagirl!
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #534 on: June 29, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »

You are easily our best source for facts/climate/social habits/etc. on the island.  I eagererly await your insightful posts so that I may better understand your culture, your people and your ways.  You have been extremely honest and helpful.  Thank you!

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #535 on: June 29, 2005, 09:21:10 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Aruba has many characteristics that are similar to this definition.

I looked past the hindu references more #2 down.

These are the differences that we are not used to.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=caste

Since we are a melting pot and our culture is based on inclusion, this definition is not a concept we handle well.

EDITED IT MYSELF to document demonstration of super-human restraint to stay on topic.  Twisted Evil
Tila_Bean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #536 on: June 29, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »

The Twittys want to see a tape of the interogations.  I think they said this last night also.  Sorry if this is old news. Embarassed
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #537 on: June 29, 2005, 09:23:38 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
That was just plain WRONG

Nothing 5 DAYS didn't cure Smile  Carry on......

I just hope it did not permanently run Aruba Girl off.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #538 on: June 29, 2005, 09:24:21 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
That was just plain WRONG

Nothing 5 DAYS didn't cure Smile  Carry on......

I just hope it did not permanently run Aruba Girl off.

DITTO
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2005, 09:24:25 PM »

RB, I gotta tell you...everytime I read your post saying "Move On.." it's like my assistant principal breaking up a fight in the hallway. Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.