March 28, 2024, 10:39:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 821838 times)
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2005, 07:14:55 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
The prosecutor said that PVDS' "legal advice" - or worse, whatever that means - ocurred in the "first day after the disappearance."  This points to a story being cooked up before the arrival of Jug and his friends at the VDS residence on 5/31.

The prosecutor also found a problem in the parents' grilling of one of Joran's friends over what he said about Natalee at school.  She said that AVDS was part of this.  So I guess the mother will soon get hauled in and summarily released, too.

And... oh, yeah, "no evidence of crime."  I would infer from that that LE collected no forensic evidence.  Sounds like a real bang-up job.

The prosecutor seems diligent enough, but I hope that some pep talk from her isn't what changed the mood of Natalee's family last evening.  Because this case is FUBAR.

I don't understand why Caren Jaansen has suddenly become a fountain of information, after stonewalling for the past month. I have no reason to disbelieve anything she is saying, but I can't understand why she's saying it. And why now?
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2005, 07:16:09 PM »

Thanks, Kerin.  You have a better info retrieval system than I do Laughing
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "goon squad"
The prosecutor said that PVDS' "legal advice" - or worse, whatever that means - ocurred in the "first day after the disappearance."  This points to a story being cooked up before the arrival of Jug and his friends at the VDS residence on 5/31.

The prosecutor also found a problem in the parents' grilling of one of Joran's friends over what he said about Natalee at school.  She said that AVDS was part of this.  So I guess the mother will soon get hauled in and summarily released, too.

And... oh, yeah, "no evidence of crime."  I would infer from that that LE collected no forensic evidence.  Sounds like a real bang-up job.

The prosecutor seems diligent enough, but I hope that some pep talk from her isn't what changed the mood of Natalee's family last evening.  Because this case is FUBAR.

I don't understand why Caren Jaansen has suddenly become a fountain of information, after stonewalling for the past month. I have no reason to disbelieve anything she is saying, but I can't understand why she's saying it. And why now?

I guess she is tired of being trashed every night on the news show  she got lucky last night and the presadent  was on so she got a break for a hour
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2005, 07:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
Thanks, Kerin.  You have a better info retrieval system than I do Laughing

Actually I was in his webspace on another screen  Smile Just lucky.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »

Have you guys checked out this thread?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/Discussion/viewtopic.php?t=489
martin connahey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2005, 07:17:40 PM »

To: Charlotte and Kerin TX.
Michelle Malkin is anything but uninformed, and her "speaking out," usually takes the form of a best-selling book or books. I'll let her defend uninformed attacks on her credibility with her own words, (from her site www.michellemalkin.com).
I began my career in newspaper journalism more than a decade ago as an editorial writer and columnist for the Los Angeles Daily News (1992-94).  Covered school board meetings and pole sign ordinances. Exposed Rep. Maxine Waters' gang-infested job-training center boondoggle. Received a death threat from the Mexican mafia. Moved to the Pacific Northwest and worked at the Seattle Times from 1996 to 1999. Wrote editorials supporting a repeal of the death tax. Opposed editorial board on everything else. Exposed Gov. Gary Locke's Buddhist temple cash connections. Opposed publisher and supported successful campaign to abolish race-based affirmative action in government hiring, contracting, and college admissions. Quit job and moved to Washington, D.C.
My column, now syndicated by Creators Syndicate, appears in nearly 200 papers nationwide. My first book, Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores (Regnery 2002), was a New York Times bestseller.

Other: Fox News Channel contributor. Oberlin College grad. Philadelphia-born. South Jersey-raised. I live with my husband and two children in Maryland. Reach me via e-mail at malkin@comcast.net.

All e-mail is subject to print, including your name. If you don't want me to publish your e-mail, or if you would like to remain anonymous, just let me know.

Malkin has fried bigger fish, and investigated them more deeply, than the current topic which so captures our interest.

-MC
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2005, 07:18:04 PM »

Quote from: "w. brown"
You guys are doing a great job, don't waste a thought on someone as useless as Michelle.  Michelle who cares.  Help out, or go count your marble collection.

With regard to seeing NH's actual room-didn't realize it had more than one entrance/exit.  No wonder security cameras didn't pick her up if returning!!!  Sure, security would pick up on lobby, but doubt anyone who wished to enter room from beach front would be picked up.  Even if NH would have returned, maybe she did, there's a good chance she could have very easily not have been detected by cameras!

No, room probably locked from the outside. You could go out but not come in unless you left the door open, which they wouldn't do because then they'd get robbed. Plus we know it was out to A beach but I think someone who's been there (Scott maybe?) said there was a wall -- kind of like a private patio area, not out to main beach.
So you'd have to come through the lobby (or I guess past the pool if you came from the beach) to get back in. But there were 50-100 MB kids out in both areas until 5 am Monday morning.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »

http://www.magic965.com/index2.htm

Beth Holloway being interviewed finally.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »

Quote from: "islandgurl"
With regard to seeing NH's actual room-didn't realize it had more than one entrance/exit.  

I remember a post before dash left with her feelings hurt that she said there was NO OUTSIDE DOOR TO THE BEACH.  Do we know for sure who dash really was.  Maybe she just said she was the classmate we saw on tv.

Dash's mom also has visited this forum as well.. if my memory serves me right.. her name was Arlee..? I believe that DASH was indeed a friend..classmate and on the trip.....
I saw the outside door to NH room last night on Greta.. it was very heart breaking to see NH mother there.. amoungst her missing daughters things..and having her passport along with hers in her purse ready to take her daughter home.  I dont doubt for a second that DASH wasnt for real or her mother.. I am not being rude by no means!!  Its a sahme DASH isnt here anymore because of some teenage kid.  God Bless her and the other friend of NH and of course the families.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2005, 07:20:15 PM »

Notice that his site says he (Valentijn) is 19 and Joran's Hot or Not site claimed he (Joran) was 19 and already a student at St. Leo's.....I know this is commonin young boys to pretend theya re of legal age, but geez.....

Does everyone on Aruba have a Tickle site?  Arubagirl, is it THAT common?

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Lausa"
Can anyone send me the web address for the younger vdS (Valentijn) brother's tickle.com site?
Not the msnmyspace, please.  Tickle.com.

Have a pic I'd like to check out.  Thanks.  Had it, can't find it...story of my life.

http://connect.tickle.com/profile/index.html?_=aaaaaqaaaaG2mleaaaaemTKZnl3So8gaaaabnliaaaaiJke4GSoxnLc8OKi2OTMgGy00

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

OK, Absolut...that's kinda freaky.  Shocked

bobntexas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Anyone who has e-mailed me since yesterday night, please e-mail me as pm has been disabled.

miraami"at"gmail

Arubagirl, how common are Internet connections in households versus using the Internet cafes on Aruba? Are Internet cafes common in Aruba or just the one that Deepak worked at?

Somehow Fox News is being transmitted to the Fox reporters. Are they the only ones that can see Fox News except video from the Internet?

Thanks if you can shed any light on these subjects. Smile
NL
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »

OK...Karin Janssen also spoke with the American media! I guess she basically said what she said on Dutch television (NOVA) earlier today.

She is CONVINCED that Joran has to do with it. That says a lot.

By the way: Karin Janssen was a prosecutor (Officier van Justitie) in the Netherlands (Roermond) and she has a very good reputation. Nova said she had a role in the "Bende van Venlo"-case.
Now she's the headprosecutor (Hoofdofficier van Justitie) in Aruba (for a period of 3 years).
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2005, 07:21:40 PM »

Quote from: "martin connahey"
Michelle Malkin is anything but uninformed, and her "speaking out," usually takes the form of a best-selling book or books. I'll let her defend uninformed attacks on her credibility with her own words, (from her site www.michellemalkin.com).
I began my career in newspaper journalism more than a decade ago as an editorial writer and columnist for the Los Angeles Daily News (1992-94).  Covered school board meetings and pole sign ordinances. Exposed Rep. Maxine Waters' gang-infested job-training center boondoggle. Received a death threat from the Mexican mafia. Moved to the Pacific Northwest and worked at the Seattle Times from 1996 to 1999. Wrote editorials supporting a repeal of the death tax. Opposed editorial board on everything else. Exposed Gov. Gary Locke's Buddhist temple cash connections. Opposed publisher and supported successful campaign to abolish race-based affirmative action in government hiring, contracting, and college admissions. Quit job and moved to Washington, D.C.
My column, now syndicated by Creators Syndicate, appears in nearly 200 papers nationwide. My first book, Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores (Regnery 2002), was a New York Times bestseller.

Other: Fox News Channel contributor. Oberlin College grad. Philadelphia-born. South Jersey-raised. I live with my husband and two children in Maryland. Reach me via e-mail at malkin@comcast.net.

All e-mail is subject to print, including your name. If you don't want me to publish your e-mail, or if you would like to remain anonymous, just let me know.

Malkin has fried bigger fish, and investigated them more deeply, than the current topic which so captures our interest.

-MC

Thanks, Mr. Connahey. I already went to her site.

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2005, 07:22:29 PM »

Quote from: "martin connahey"

-MC

That may be, but I choose to attend THIS fish fry for the moment, thank you. And, much as I admire Michelle Malkin, I don't tell her how to spend her time, and I don't need her to tell me how I should spend mine.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2005, 07:22:37 PM »

arubagirl,

dot com or dot net?
Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2005, 07:22:41 PM »

If radio does not open, go to www.arubadag.com and click on logo RealPlayer to instal Realplayer. After installation, click on Magic FM or go to the link that was provided above.

Teo

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
blfit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2005, 07:23:41 PM »

That scares me...alot!

Looking for the truth.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2005, 07:24:02 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "w. brown"
You guys are doing a great job, don't waste a thought on someone as useless as Michelle.  Michelle who cares.  Help out, or go count your marble collection.

With regard to seeing NH's actual room-didn't realize it had more than one entrance/exit.  No wonder security cameras didn't pick her up if returning!!!  Sure, security would pick up on lobby, but doubt anyone who wished to enter room from beach front would be picked up.  Even if NH would have returned, maybe she did, there's a good chance she could have very easily not have been detected by cameras!

Hmmm....Brown...good point. But if Natalee's bags were packed before she left, and IF we go with your scenario above..I wonder if anyone noticed a disruption or change in any of Natalee's belongings? I would hope that was asked of the roommates. Any remember? I am thinking we heard there were no signs that she ever returned to her room correct?
 i don't think we know with any precision who packed natalee's bags, whether she did, her room mates or the chaperone.  i seem to recall the roomies did.  personally, i think it doubtful she ever returned but the door certainly offers the possiblity of undetected entry.   why do you think great checked it out?  she is one nosey newsie and is pursuing all theories.  i found the scene last night very sad.  Poor beth is in a terrible state, barely holding on.  for greta nothing is sacred when it comes to a story.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2005, 07:24:17 PM »

Not to be a stickler, but "pagan" is generally used to refer to European pre-Christian religions, while Santeria is a syncretinization of traditional faith of Yoruba into Roman Catholicism.

Because the colonialists objected to the African slaves practicing their religion, it became the custom to "code" it,  first with innocuous signs (kind of like early Christians and the fish sign) , and later with the Catholic saints themselves.

For instance, Shango, or Chango, as it is sometimes spelled, is the monkey god in the Yoruba pantheon, but he is represented by St. Barbara, Elegua (or Legva) is St. Joseph, etc.

The Yoruba faith is also similar to that of Dahomey, where the same thing happened with slaves sent to Haiti. The syncretinized religion there is called "Vodu" or "voodoo" as Americans spell it.

In Brazil, it is Macombe, but in most of the Caribbean, especially Cuba, it is Santeria.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.