March 28, 2024, 05:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 821728 times)
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2005, 08:44:13 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "Lausa"
All this talk about this Lorenzo guy, yet we don't know a single thing about him.  We don't know if he was invovled in this case at all.
The only factual think we know about him is that he was brought in for questioning and released.  Everything else is rumor.  But why can't we find any solid information on him?  But the fact that he was brought in for questioning certainly points toward the fact that the LE must have thought there was a chance he was involved in the case, imho.

Ok, where do we have this confirmed from? I havent heard anything about this guy in the msm.
Which part of "what do we have this confirmed from?"  did you have in mind?  MSM reported he was brought in for questioning and released.
Rumors, all the rest.  Arubagirl reported some of the rumors.  
**Believe we know for sure that his (step?) father had a car business and committed suicide several years ago.  Rumored to have drug problems and/or to have been involved with drugs.
**Lorenzo van Rijn (van Gijn) rumored to be the illegitimate son of PDVS, about 26-27 years old.
**At one point there was a picture of a spraypainted house shown on Fox, the day they pulled in Lorenzo for questioning; at this point, someone (rumor, unremembered source) said he was crazy, people were very afraid of him.  
So, there you have what I know.  What I speculate is another thing.
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2005, 08:44:24 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Quote from: "Ting"
I believe that a prankster is taking advantage of members of this forum who are knowledgeable about many things that do not include Santeria or the differences in Cuban and Haitian cuisine.

Okay.  Can we move on now?

As usual, pinemeadows, I suspect that you may be in urgent need of a group hug.

edit to give up on image. (((((((pinemeadows)))))))))  will have to suffice. Smile
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2005, 08:44:27 PM »

Professor.

THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED TO BE LOCAL. NOT!LOCAL!

I don't see the need to apologize to Mickey Jones, as I don't see where I wronged him.

Second, we don't want the case to go away, we want the U.S. media to go away. Or start being consistent.

Also, the boys aren't considered to be local.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: June 29, 2005, 08:44:58 PM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "arubagirl"
We heard the story Monday, maybe? The thing is I heard it from a friend who is in the red cross, and another member was talking to a cop.

But that it really broke Tuesday morning. We knew pretty early on about a Dutch guy and the two Surinamese brothers.

Shellbell, it's Aruban law to have GPS tracking in cellphones? Holy crap.

arubagirl,
you heard from people or officially on the radio or TV? Because the police didn't know until 9 pm that night.

I know after training for a phone company, I was like GREAT.  That is how Scott Peterson was tracked a lot, along with other things, but GPS was used in case.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #444 on: June 29, 2005, 08:45:47 PM »

klaassend, his late father owned the VW dealership here.

RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #445 on: June 29, 2005, 08:45:56 PM »

I believe that, Arubagirl.  Thanks for posting it, as I think it's a distinction that gets missed.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2005, 08:45:59 PM »

I gotta hand it to Reuben. I thought she showed great restraint as Bill continued to rant and rave.

Deep inside, when Bill started in on him for about the 5th time, I would have loved to hear Reuben saying, "Excuse me, Mr. O'Reilly but **** OFF!!!"

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2005, 08:46:35 PM »

heavyheart, I don't know where they have the 90% coverage, but uhm, I haven't quite noticed that. I switched back to Setar pronto (much to my chagrin, because I wanted to give my money to another company).
I was standing in ORANJESTAD and I didn't have coverage.

Second, do we  know that the boys HAD Digicel or did they have Setar?

You don't have to have good signal, you just have to have a high saturation of towers to track most new phones.  The phone will connect with the tower with the best signal.  This information is logged and you can get a general idea of the path of a phone.

It will tell LE if the boys truely did seperate or if they were together for the time in question.  

The carrier does matter though.  The phone won't connect to a carrier tower that it is not looking for.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:01 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
We even have Arubans throwing debris into the water, while men from Equusearch search for possible remains of Natalee Holloway.

I think it was the DUTCH press (as in from Holland), not the Arubans doing this.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »

Quote from: "maggie fff"
90% coverage, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What crack have they been smoking?

But did the boys have digicel phones or Setar phones?

Who knows? ...  15 cell towers is the point of the post.

Arubagirl was referencing Setar, a provider...point was that the 15 towers may not be attributable to Setar.  Don't fire too soon or your crack pipe might explode in your face.

http://www.setar.aw/setar.jsp?pg=commtools
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #450 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:21 PM »

Question for people in aruba, at what time was the fact that NH was missing known to the public?  I'm wondering this because why would the boys make up a story or get advice from their father on the monday she was reported missing, the only reason I can think of (assuming their innocence) is that they were scared of all the publicity. BUt if it wasn't known she missing yet why make up a story?

Police weren't notified until 9 pm that night because the chaperone thought when she told beach patrol, they were going to report it to the police. When chap called police at 9 to find out what was going on, they didn't know anything about it. that's when it got officially reported, but i don't know if word was put out until the next day. Right, arubagirl?

if true, this was very badly handled.  they reported the thing 12 hours later!  what is beach patrol?  where was holiday inn management and security?  this just shows aruban hospitality industry used to people going missing and then reappearing after they sober up.  no wonder "jug" was compelled to get down there and fnd natalee.  the people on the ground were inept.  holiday inn general manager should have been on the phone to neighboring hotels and to senior police officials first thing that morning.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:25 PM »

Which part of "what do we have this confirmed from?" did you have in mind? MSM reported he was brought in for questioning and released.
Rumors, all the rest. Arubagirl reported some of the rumors.
**Believe we know for sure that his (step?) father had a car business and committed suicide several years ago. Rumored to have drug problems and/or to have been involved with drugs.
**Lorenzo van Rijn (van Gijn) rumored to be the illegitimate son of PDVS, about 26-27 years old.
**At one point there was a picture of a spraypainted house shown on Fox, the day they pulled in Lorenzo for questioning; at this point, someone (rumor, unremembered source) said he was crazy, people were very afraid of him.
So, there you have what I know. What I speculate is another thing.

I have gone to google news, yahoo news everywhere short of nexus at this point. I can find no article that states he was even questioned. I haven't seen his name in print anywhere. Unless I just missed this incredibly important part of the case it doesn't exist. I would like to see what anyone else came up with.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #452 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:26 PM »

writenow, I could swear that I heard it around 6pm.

I know that I was sitting at my computer and it was still light out when my friend called me.

The thing about the boys was the next day, I think.

dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #453 on: June 29, 2005, 08:48:13 PM »

Question for people in aruba, at what time was the fact that NH was missing known to the public?  I'm wondering this because why would the boys make up a story or get advice from their father on the monday she was reported missing, the only reason I can think of (assuming their innocence) is that they were scared of all the publicity. BUt if it wasn't known she missing yet why make up a story?

Police weren't notified until 9 pm that night because the chaperone thought when she told beach patrol, they were going to report it to the police. When chap called police at 9 to find out what was going on, they didn't know anything about it. that's when it got officially reported, but i don't know if word was put out until the next day. Right, arubagirl?

Then I am still looking for that link from someone earlier today that said this was on FOX and CNN at noon the very same day she was found to be missing, the day the flight left that she wasn't on.  And I am still asking then why on earth there was any story made up by the time Beth got to the VDS home.  Some speculated that the police may have given them a heads up since the chaperone had notified the police and VDS has police contacts.  But as I said before, Papa was in bed asleep, Joran was possibly not even home (some speculate that he was).  If police would have given a heads up (?), then it would have had to have been after 9 and I doubt, given the circumstances, they would have had time to make up this story and Papa would have been relaxed enough to be in bed asleep having just heard about this a few hours before.  So, back to the concept of "If they did no wrong, why make up a story before anyone even knew she was missing?".
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2005, 08:50:15 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

I have gone to google news, yahoo news everywhere short of nexus at this point. I can find no article that states he was even questioned. I haven't seen his name in print anywhere. Unless I just missed this incredibly important part of the case it doesn't exist. I would like to see what anyone else came up with.

I'm pretty sure it was never reported in the US press.  I think ArubaGirl was our source that Lorenzo was questioned.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2005, 08:50:30 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
they going to shut down Cingular wireless  sure i beleave that   I was looking at phones today for my mother  thay are selling phone with out gps now in alabama

Well, drats!   I won't even go into the merits/issues of having GPS devices put on children as that was well-debated earlier, but there have been times in the past when I quasi-seriously threatened to investigate the possibility if my then 21-year-old daughter went on any more three week trips without letting me know where she was.
So, when I saw the above post, first I read "must have GPS" and think "Whooppee!"  Then I read not Cingular, not in Alabama, shucks.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2005, 08:50:40 PM »

All this talk about this Lorenzo guy, yet we don't know a single thing about him.  We don't know if he was invovled in this case at all.
The only factual think we know about him is that he was brought in for questioning and released.  Everything else is rumor.  But why can't we find any solid information on him?  But the fact that he was brought in for questioning certainly points toward the fact that the LE must have thought there was a chance he was involved in the case, imho.

Ok, where do we have this confirmed from? I havent heard anything about this guy in the msm.
Which part of "what do we have this confirmed from?"  did you have in mind?  MSM reported he was brought in for questioning and released.
Rumors, all the rest.  Arubagirl reported some of the rumors.  
**Believe we know for sure that his (step?) father had a car business and committed suicide several years ago.  Rumored to have drug problems and/or to have been involved with drugs.
So, there you have what I know.  What I speculate is another thing.

Sorry for not being more specific, I was referring to where we had heard specifically from the MSM that Lorenzo van Rijn had been questioned.  I don't remember hearing his name in any MSM and I have been watching since day one.  I had heard reports of people being questioned, but never any specific names.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2005, 08:50:58 PM »

Yup. I was.

I'm not sure that he is still the son of Paul. Years don't match.

writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2005, 08:51:18 PM »

arubagirl, do you know if the Kalpoe brothers' father is in the business of importing and exporting cars?

And do you know if they started the ferry service in March that goes between Aruba and Venezuela?
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2005, 08:51:31 PM »

Professor.

THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED TO BE LOCAL. NOT!LOCAL!

I don't see the need to apologize to Mickey Jones, as I don't see where I wronged him.

Second, we don't want the case to go away, we want the U.S. media to go away. Or start being consistent.

Arubagirl your comment re what is local caught my eye...what is "local" then? Are the VDS's local?  Are any Hollanders local?  Is Arubagirl local?

OK...if you want to elaborate, that'd be great, too.  Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.