March 29, 2024, 04:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 821894 times)
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2005, 08:52:24 PM »

writenow, I have no idea what the father Kalpoe does for a living.

And I'm not sure that there is still a ferry.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
m.a. johnson
Scared Monkey

« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2005, 08:52:31 PM »

Motive.

Motive (Courtesy of Legal-Explinations.com)
n. During a criminal investigation, the reason most likely why someone committed a crime. For instance, jealousy, greed, revenge, or part of a theft. Evidence of a motive is admissible at trial, but it is not necessary to have proof of a motive in order to prove a crime.  (my highlight)

I highlight the above to make the following point.  Why would a suspect abduct a person such as Natalee or rape a victim?  It is because of [/i]hate or a means to inflict pain, humiliation or perhaps revenge on another person or those associated with that person.

What could possibly motivate Joran Van der S to commit such a crime?  How much does he like the U.S. ?  Is he hurt because his former American girlfriend dumped him?  Did he love her?  Did this cause him great pain?  His mother said that the girl broke it off saying something similiar to that Joran was to weak and that she needed a "stronger man".  Does this woman look at all like Natalee Holloway or is a victim from America enough of a motive?  I hear that being labeled weak in Aruba is especially humiliating.  So, is humiliation part of the motive too?  What about Paris Hilton, his obsessions with her too.  Is that his view of America?  Not all of the girls that party are one in the same.  Yes, believe it or not I've heard that a good many do in fact say "NO".  

Who would be so malicious to use a drug on a person to render her helpless and foce sex upon her just for pleasure?  Could it be that he feels weak and powerless?  Weak and without any self-control?  So, he gets into shoving matches and slams people into walls while they are guests to his island?  He feels no shame for any of this???  Why should he?  He has no regard for the law or the rules of his community on and on.  Why should he, he's broke them at will and noone holds him accountable, including the Polis.  He drinks much.  Alcoholics have no control of themselves, this we know. CC's looks the other way. He gambles and finds himself behind the eight-ball and risking yet more.  On a Sunday night he looses some more........the ball gets bigger, makes him mad.

He looks for someone to blame, everybody but HIMSELF.  Will it be a victim he redirects his anger towards? He is in therapy to manage his anger, his rage.

I've judged a few people in my life. Joran doesn't tell the often if ever or at least when he knows he's at fault. We are to presume he would not lie some more?  What father, what member of the court would expect a suspect to not tell the truth?  They take everybody down a notch with what you do.  So much so that some would soon pull the plug, to retaliate and forego vacationing in fear they have no recourse. But, you've done it so many times you do it again....Looking out for your self-interrests, you and dad.

No body.  No crime?  That's denial ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks goes to all the good men and women in uniform that have paid the ultimate sacrifices for our nation. I <3 you M.K.J.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2005, 08:52:47 PM »

Quote from: "Lausa"
Quote from: "DT"
All this talk about this Lorenzo guy, yet we don't know a single thing about him.  We don't know if he was invovled in this case at all.
The only factual think we know about him is that he was brought in for questioning and released.  Everything else is rumor.  But why can't we find any solid information on him?  But the fact that he was brought in for questioning certainly points toward the fact that the LE must have thought there was a chance he was involved in the case, imho.

Ok, where do we have this confirmed from? I havent heard anything about this guy in the msm.
Which part of "what do we have this confirmed from?"  did you have in mind?  MSM reported he was brought in for questioning and released.
Rumors, all the rest.  Arubagirl reported some of the rumors.  
**Believe we know for sure that his (step?) father had a car business and committed suicide several years ago.  Rumored to have drug problems and/or to have been involved with drugs.
**Lorenzo van Rijn (van Gijn) rumored to be the illegitimate son of PDVS, about 26-27 years old.
**At one point there was a picture of a spraypainted house shown on Fox, the day they pulled in Lorenzo for questioning; at this point, someone (rumor, unremembered source) said he was crazy, people were very afraid of him.  
So, there you have what I know.  What I speculate is another thing.

we don't even know his name and considerable late night monkey power was applied to this guy.   with little to show for it.  are we sure we know everybody who was questioned.  ms. croes told us they are constantly questioning people.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
I gotta hand it to Reuben. I thought she showed great restraint as Bill continued to rant and rave.

Deep inside, when Bill started in on him for about the 5th time, I would have loved to hear Reuben saying, "Excuse me, Mr. O'Reilly but **** OFF!!!"

LOL...**** OFF right back into your "no spin zone"!!!!!
goon squad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2005, 08:53:07 PM »

I'm far from a Michelle Malkin fan, but I thought her take was relatively tame, though I can understand the offense taken.  I've read some blogs on the matter that are simply hateful.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2005, 08:53:07 PM »

Hi Shellbell,
About that imaginary GPS "law"... I thought you are doing some confusion with a cellular technology incorporated in the new phones: see GPRS.
Now, as some of us already posted here, ANY cell phone COULD BE traced due to the "trigonometric" implantation of the towers. Wink

PS - GPS is satellite "tracing" and what you are trying to tell us is a complete different concept (used since the beginning of the cell phones use and always available to the LE agencies) but now regulated by the specification E911 http://www.fcc.gov/911/enhanced/
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2005, 08:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
Quote from: "writenow"
Question for people in aruba, at what time was the fact that NH was missing known to the public?  I'm wondering this because why would the boys make up a story or get advice from their father on the monday she was reported missing, the only reason I can think of (assuming their innocence) is that they were scared of all the publicity. BUt if it wasn't known she missing yet why make up a story?

Police weren't notified until 9 pm that night because the chaperone thought when she told beach patrol, they were going to report it to the police. When chap called police at 9 to find out what was going on, they didn't know anything about it. that's when it got officially reported, but i don't know if word was put out until the next day. Right, arubagirl?

if true, this was very badly handled.  they reported the thing 12 hours later!  what is beach patrol?  where was holiday inn management and security?  this just shows aruban hospitality industry used to people going missing and then reappearing after they sober up.  no wonder "jug" was compelled to get down there and fnd natalee.  the people on the ground were inept.  holiday inn general manager should have been on the phone to neighboring hotels and to senior police officials first thing that morning.

That was Greta's point.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2005, 08:55:25 PM »

Quote from: "goon squad"
I'm far from a Michelle Malkin fan, but I thought her take was relatively tame, though I can understand the offense taken.  I've read some blogs on the matter that are simply hateful.

I have too, goon.  Some, BTW, who basically flat out call this whole thing a farce of unmentionable magnitude. I copied one to Red over the weekend that literally had my jaw hanging whilst I read it.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2005, 08:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
Yup. I was.

I'm not sure that he is still the son of Paul. Years don't match.

Maybe PVDS came to Aruba on business and had an affair with Lorenzo's mom??
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:09 PM »

I'm accepted as local for the sake of my parents. But the fact that I was born in the Netherlands as opposed to Aruba is like, ooh, okay, you're not really Aruban.

Considered local: You were born here. You're parents have lived here for a long time (15 years not enough). You speak Papiamento fluently and without an accent, you celebrate the same things, you know the Aruban anthem, you work here. Also, Joran van der Sloot's father was 'send' here by Holland. So, he didn't come because he wanted to. Not local.

My mother's definition is much more strict. She's like 3 generations at the minimum.

dl3fan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:11 PM »

I think there is some confusion in terminology on this cell phone gps issue.  Like ShellBell was saying all new phones must have the ability to be tracked to a tower(s) as they are used.  However, I think some people are interpreting that to say that on the main menu of their phone it should say GPS, or something along those lines, hit that button and get a gps location.  Two totally different things.

And who in the heck still has a bag phone, LOL?

St Simons Island....a quaint little drinking village with a golfing problem.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:56 PM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "iquitos"
Question for people in aruba, at what time was the fact that NH was missing known to the public?  I'm wondering this because why would the boys make up a story or get advice from their father on the monday she was reported missing, the only reason I can think of (assuming their innocence) is that they were scared of all the publicity. BUt if it wasn't known she missing yet why make up a story?

Police weren't notified until 9 pm that night because the chaperone thought when she told beach patrol, they were going to report it to the police. When chap called police at 9 to find out what was going on, they didn't know anything about it. that's when it got officially reported, but i don't know if word was put out until the next day. Right, arubagirl?

if true, this was very badly handled.  they reported the thing 12 hours later!  what is beach patrol?  where was holiday inn management and security?  this just shows aruban hospitality industry used to people going missing and then reappearing after they sober up.  no wonder "jug" was compelled to get down there and fnd natalee.  the people on the ground were inept.  holiday inn general manager should have been on the phone to neighboring hotels and to senior police officials first thing that morning.

That was Greta's point.

And, O'Reilly wouldn't let her speak it...Greta, as a bright person knowing she'd be on in 2 hours, shined it on and let O'Reilly just be his self-loathing-self and embarrass his ass in front of a world-wide audience.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #472 on: June 29, 2005, 08:57:30 PM »

G'nite Monkey Monsters, I sure hope you solve this case soon. Play nice together now.    Laughing

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
mitzid66
Scared Monkey

« Reply #473 on: June 29, 2005, 08:57:40 PM »

Regarding the cell phone GPS.  You may not even know that your phone has it.  We had a truck stolen last year, and the phone was in it.  That evening, I called our carrier, Cingular Wireless, and ask if they could tell if the phone had been used.  They said they could tell us the following day.

The next morning when I called, they said it had been used, and in 48 hours, they could tell us what towers were used to connect.  I was surprised, as we didn't know anything about GPS, and the phone was already a year old.  

It unfortunately, was not the reason we found the truck or the thieves, but it was nice to know that it works.  And as far as I know, it works WAY faster now.  

Sorry, do not know how it works anywhere else, just how it worked in Georgia.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: June 29, 2005, 08:57:48 PM »

I'm accepted as local for the sake of my parents. But the fact that I was born in the Netherlands as opposed to Aruba is like, ooh, okay, you're not really Aruban.

Considered local: You were born here. You're parents have lived here for a long time (15 years not enough). You speak Papiamento fluently and without an accent, you celebrate the same things, you know the Aruban anthem, you work here. Also, Joran van der Sloot's father was 'send' here by Holland. So, he didn't come because he wanted to. Not local.

My mother's definition is much more strict. She's like 3 generations at the minimum.

Thanks for that definition. Smile
Microcephalic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2005, 08:58:06 PM »

Quote from: "Ting
I believe that a prankster is taking advantage of members of this forum who are knowledgeable about many things that do not include Santeria or the differences in Cuban and Haitian cuisine.

The fact that this person chose to deliver his or her message under the cloak of an African God and in riddles is of no consequence to me.  Well that's not exactly true; it is very entertaining.  It is the message itself which I find compelling.  As far as the cuisine is concerned you've got me ting.  All I know is that the Hatians will take a perfectly good fish and let it rot on a stick in the sun before eating it and the Cubans will take the same rotted fish and iron it before consuming it.
mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »

Quote from: "mehill10"
they going to shut down Cingular wireless  sure i beleave that   I was looking at phones today for my mother  thay are selling phone with out gps now in alabama

Well, drats!   I won't even go into the merits/issues of having GPS devices put on children as that was well-debated earlier, but there have been times in the past when I quasi-seriously threatened to investigate the possibility if my then 21-year-old daughter went on any more three week trips without letting me know where she was.
So, when I saw the above post, first I read "must have GPS" and think "Whooppee!"  Then I read not Cingular, not in Alabama, shucks.

you can buy phones with gps on them in alabama   but not all phone have it
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #477 on: June 29, 2005, 08:58:12 PM »

First thing in the morning??!?!?!  Natalee's friends and trip companions didn't notice that she was missing at noon. For peach sake.

It's a hotel patrol. And Fisherman's Hut isn't Marriott.

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2005, 08:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
We even have Arubans throwing debris into the water, while men from Equusearch search for possible remains of Natalee Holloway.

I think it was the DUTCH press (as in from Holland), not the Arubans doing this.

That was the ORIGINAL report. Dutch photographers. Later reports said they weren't sure WHO was throwing debris into the water. And if you stop to think about it, you realize that Dutch photographers would have no motivation to do such a thing, and every motivation to maintain a professional attitude, when on the job, because there's alway the possibility that any hooliganism would be CAUGHT ON TAPE. Think about it.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:05 PM »

Yup. I was.

I'm not sure that he is still the son of Paul. Years don't match.

There is a post on here from earlier today that very much tied in this last name of Lorenzo to an area in Holland where VDS was known to have been living at the time Lorenzo would have been born.  I don't remember who the poster was, but they pointed out that if Lorenzo were conceived by PVDS and mother then married before Lorenzo was born, that last name is very known in that same area where PVDS was located at that time.  Don't know, myself, just repeating what I read in a post here earlier when the age of Lorenzo was brought into question according to when PVDS moved to Aruba.  Did Lorenzo's family come from Holland too?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.