April 18, 2024, 04:04:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #34 06/29/05 Wednesday - PM  (Read 823626 times)
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #480 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »

And Arubans of course, are all rude and obnoxious and would glady throw things in the water.

Love you too, professor.

Reading, internet, genealogy.
Lausa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:32 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
considerable late night monkey power was applied to this guy.   with little to show for it.
"Considerable late night monkey power!"  ROLF!  Well put
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:48 PM »

Quote from: "arubagirl"
First thing in the morning??!?!?!  Natalee's friends and trip companions didn't notice that she was missing at noon. For peach sake.

It's a hotel patrol. And Fisherman's Hut isn't Marriott.

Noon? I heard much earlier. All of their flights had left before noon I believe.   So they would have had to have noticed by then.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2005, 08:59:53 PM »

I'm accepted as local for the sake of my parents. But the fact that I was born in the Netherlands as opposed to Aruba is like, ooh, okay, you're not really Aruban.

Considered local: You were born here. You're parents have lived here for a long time (15 years not enough). You speak Papiamento fluently and without an accent, you celebrate the same things, you know the Aruban anthem, you work here. Also, Joran van der Sloot's father was 'send' here by Holland. So, he didn't come because he wanted to. Not local.

My mother's definition is much more strict. She's like 3 generations at the minimum.

Thanks, Arubagirl... BTW, you never did tell me whether my "avatar", the Aruba flag...was really an Aruba flag...it's main color is a muted violet...I've been flying it...is that the Aruban flag?  LOL
Britney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2005, 09:00:08 PM »

quote]
Actually, I agree with you.  I think SC ran into Deepak at the internet cafe and Deepak gave him a copy of the alibi email.[/quote]

Maybe they paid him off to lie and colaborate with Deepak. Question
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2005, 09:01:36 PM »

Whitney, it was, and thanks a lot for flying it.

It was 12 noon and there is a flight that leaves 2pm.

mehill10
Scared Monkey

« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »

I bet daddy EDITED - USE HIS NAME RB was smart enough to tell dutch-bag to turn his phone off even with out gps  they can track to the tower the cops would have some ideal where to look for natalee
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #487 on: June 29, 2005, 09:01:56 PM »

I would have thought the "critical" phase would have been the first 24 hours.

Stupid reporters.
ztriggz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #488 on: June 29, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
I have to say that the news gets more disturbing every day. And not just because of what appears to be a cover-up, but because of a certain “island mentality” that seems to demand a cover-up, with anybody but local boys held accountable for Natalee Holloway’s

<snip>

Not one Aruban has come forward to express outrage at that double standard. Not one Aruban has come forward to apologize to Mickey Jones. Not one.

Well said professor, excellent points...

we are definatly dealing with completly different value sets or morals than we are used to in the States. SC's comments should tell you alot, he's laughing about the whole thing...

I was reading the other day about thier plans to deport the unemployed to deal with some  undesirable activity (uhh that mean crime?)
pretty crappy solution...
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #489 on: June 29, 2005, 09:03:56 PM »

However, Dash did say that they had to meet in the lobby at 8:30  to count heads and head to the airport and this is when they became alarmed that Natalee wasn't there.
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #490 on: June 29, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »

Nh's mom said this on radio station today (Sorry Red)

absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: June 29, 2005, 09:04:37 PM »

ArubaGirl,

Not to harass but is the social structure in Aruba considered a Caste society?
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #492 on: June 29, 2005, 09:05:02 PM »

We have a whole thread dedicated to the Deepak email in the main thread.

Edited-Absolut
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #493 on: June 29, 2005, 09:05:03 PM »

we are definatly dealing with completly different value sets or morals than we are used to in the States

ztriggz, we may be used to dealing with our own legal system, but to question Aruban values or morals based on the differences of their legal system as compared to ours is both inflammatory and demeaning.  Knock it off, or learn to communicate better via this messageboard.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: June 29, 2005, 09:05:25 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

However, Dash did say that they had to meet in the lobby at 8:30  to count heads and head to the airport and this is when they became alarmed that Natalee wasn't there.

But also remember DF, that Dash said there were 2 flights and when Natalee was not there for the first flight they thought maybe she would show up for the second.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Ting
Scared Monkey

« Reply #495 on: June 29, 2005, 09:05:31 PM »

Quote from: "Ting"
I believe that a prankster is taking advantage of members of this forum who are knowledgeable about many things that do not include Santeria or the differences in Cuban and Haitian cuisine.

Quote from: "Microcephalic"
[The fact that this person chose to deliver his or her message under the cloak of an African God and in riddles is of no consequence to me.  Well that's not exactly true; it is very entertaining.  It is the message itself which I find compelling.  As far as the cuisine is concerned you've got me ting.  All I know is that the Hatians will take a perfectly good fish and let it rot on a stick in the sun before eating it and the Cubans will take the same rotted fish and iron it before consuming it.

The message itself I agree is disturbing. Although I have not adopted a pet theory, I do not discount the possibility that should the investigation take certain turns, it could impact some business interests that are international both in scope and political sensitivity.

If you are not enchanted by appalling fish dishes, beware gefilte fish, and its evil frosty cousin, lutefisk. Wink

edited to fix the annoying quotenesting
arubagirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #496 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:22 PM »

Also, I'm not trying to diss Dash, but according to me they could have taken: Aruba-Miami-Birmingham or Aruba-Atlanta-Birmingham (if that flight still exists)

If it was Aruba - Miami, there is a flight that leaves at 9, so meeting at 8.30 in the lobby would be way.too.late. the next Aruba-Miami flight leaves at two. The Aruba-Atlanta flight leaves at 3.30 (I think).

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #497 on: June 29, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »

I'm accepted as local for the sake of my parents. But the fact that I was born in the Netherlands as opposed to Aruba is like, ooh, okay, you're not really Aruban.

Considered local: You were born here. You're parents have lived here for a long time (15 years not enough). You speak Papiamento fluently and without an accent, you celebrate the same things, you know the Aruban anthem, you work here. Also, Joran van der Sloot's father was 'send' here by Holland. So, he didn't come because he wanted to. Not local.

My mother's definition is much more strict. She's like 3 generations at the minimum.

I understand what you are saying. Perhaps Joran and the Kalpoe brothers are not considered full-fledged Arubans. Perhaps there is some ambivalence about them, among the natives. But it appears that, whatever their status is, it is much greater than that of a mere tourist, or security guard or day laborer.

EDITED RB :  PROFESSOR NO PERSONAL ATTACKS - ARUBAGIRL IS NOT THE ENTIRE ISLAND.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: June 29, 2005, 09:07:09 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"

on tv natalees roomies said they were worried early and expressed their concerns to chaperone.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #499 on: June 29, 2005, 09:07:57 PM »

Quote from: "RB"
we are definatly dealing with completly different value sets or morals than we are used to in the States

ztriggz, we may be used to dealing with our own legal system, but to question Aruban values or morals based on the differences of their legal system as compared to ours is both inflammatory and demeaning.  Knock it off, or learn to communicate better via this messageboard.

Absolutely.  I may question the values and morals of the 3 sitting in jail and a few others involved, but never the Aruban people who have shown up more than once to help this family find their daughter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.