April 27, 2024, 03:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #36 06/30/05 Thursday-DAY  (Read 213186 times)
Linny1125
Scared Monkey

« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2005, 12:22:54 PM »

Quote from: "air23ac"
what ws that little blurb that i caught on the news all about? it said the holloways will go to the media soon if nothing is done or no progress is made?????

i 100% know i heard it, but i never heard it explained. i figured they would tell all they have been told and what they have seen which could embarass a lot of people. Confused

I think the little "tease" in Greta's interview last night regarding the tracing of a cell call might have something to do with it? I think they should pull all of Natalee's computer records and see what SHE was up to for several weeks before the trip. Mother suspected something may happen -- She was too sure that Natalee would call her -- not wanting to come back to the states.  Where'd she get that idea, anyway?
billsfan960
Scared Monkey

« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2005, 12:23:43 PM »

Is there a video link available that shows Juron and his SMUG face being transported fromm jail to the police station from yesterday.

Thank you in advance.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2005, 12:24:31 PM »

Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
I don't know if or why it would be against the law in Aruba..but it is not against the law in the US....there many many such 'tricks' used, just like telling one that the other has agreed to talk for a lesser charge and is going to put all the blame on YOU!

NO "Plea  Bargain" in Aruba.[/quote]

Excuse me...but if you would read...I did clearly state a TRICK used by interrogators..[/quote]
Would that Not be A LIE???
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2005, 12:25:57 PM »

Quote from: "altruist"
These tools ( polygraph, voice analysis & sodium pentathol) are LEGAL in Aruba, they are NOT ADMISSABLE in the court of law.  However, in the event that information obtained through their use leads to the discovery of forensic evidence that then is ADMISSABLE.  I believe that is how it works, JMHO.

FINALLY somethin Positive in their justice system.......I'm willing to bet after this has come to a conclusion, Dutch Law gets revised and UP TO DATE in the Real World we live in, not the justice system of 200 yrs ago.
JMO...!
Altho' I have to admit I do like the secrecy, but that lends itself to corruption. it's a 20/20 situation IMO

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2005, 12:26:27 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "~TAZ_MAN~"
They should obtain a shirt like Natalie was wearing that night, damage it a little and put it in an see through evidence bag, then interrogate them with that evidence bag sitting innocently at the end of the table and watch their reaction.

That is aginst The  LAW.  You wish to Beat them,also?

I don't know if or why it would be against the law in Aruba..but it is not against the law in the US....there many many such 'tricks' used, just like telling one that the other has agreed to talk for a lesser charge and is going to put all the blame on YOU!

They thought they could get away with it pinning this on some black guy.

You want to extract a confession.  Throw a 6'8", 350lb. black guy in Joran's cell and tell Joran to be careful, and maybe he shouldn't sleep anymore, because, for the next 60 days, he's going to be sharing space with a convicted serial rapist who's been deported from the US back to Aruba.
newshound
Scared Monkey

« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2005, 12:27:18 PM »

I'm curious about something.

How will the VDSs afford sending Joran to college in the USA, when only Anita has a job as a school teacher, teaching art?

I am positive that Arubans have described the VDS as MIDDLE CLASS, that they are not part of the wealthy upper class on the island.

When Joran received a sports scholarship, was his scholarship to Saint Leo's a full scholarship, or partial?

I mean, really, isn't just the flight between Florida and Aruba kinda pricey?

Much less dormatory, books, athletic equipment, and whatever portion of tuition they are responsible for.

Might this be a reason behind all that gambling and the poker games -- that they are too "broke" to send Joran onto the college he was accepted to?

On another thread it was posited that were the perpetrator to have sold NH, that they'd probably receive around $20,000.

Seems like that would be helpful to a family maybe unable, suddenly & unexpectedly, to afford their eldest son's postsecondary education.
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2005, 12:27:19 PM »

These tools ( polygraph, voice analysis & sodium pentathol) are LEGAL in Aruba, they are NOT ADMISSABLE in the court of law.  However, in the event that information obtained through their use leads to the discovery of forensic evidence that then is ADMISSABLE.  I believe that is how it works, JMHO.

Let's say for a moment they are legal in Aruba.  There is no way anyone in their right mind would subject themselves to any one of them.  I can speak to the polygraph and tell you it does not detect truth at all  Rolling Eyes  It might be a great tool to use against someone that doesn't understand it, but other than its use deceiving the suspect it is pretty much useless.

They would be better off with the shirt in the evidence bag idea.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2005, 12:29:03 PM »

Thanks Sunny, I guess I must have missed that point.[/quote]

SunnyinTx- i caught the middle of thatinterview, who is TIm miller in Regards to this investigation? Friend of Jorans dad? Confused..could you sum that up for me if you dont mind? and why hasnt this guy talked about all that earlier inthe investigation? OR did he?[/quote]

Tim Miller is the founder of TXEquusearch...a specialized group of search volunteeers..hsi team was asked to come and use their expertise in the search for Natalee...by fiist her uncle and then the family....Tim's daughter was missing and he got little help from the legal community.....they thought it was a runaway...her remains were found less than 2 miles from his house. Because of the lack of help from regualr law enforcement he and friends organized the group and it has steadily grown.  They are strickly volunteer and rely on donations.  They also work in the search and recovery after the tsumani. Hope this helps.   Sunny

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2005, 12:30:03 PM »

NO "Plea  Bargain" in Aruba.

Excuse me...but if you would read...I did clearly state a TRICK used by interrogators..[/quote]
Would that Not be A LIE???[/quote]

Sandra K with all due respect, please dont be naive as to what kind of activities interrogators use to get information from suspects. Its not a pretty site.

Innocent people dont lie.
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2005, 12:30:09 PM »

Quote from: "Linny1125"
Quote from: "air23ac"
what ws that little blurb that i caught on the news all about? it said the holloways will go to the media soon if nothing is done or no progress is made?????

i 100% know i heard it, but i never heard it explained. i figured they would tell all they have been told and what they have seen which could embarass a lot of people. Confused

I think the little "tease" in Greta's interview last night regarding the tracing of a cell call might have something to do with it? I think they should pull all of Natalee's computer records and see what SHE was up to for several weeks before the trip. Mother suspected something may happen -- She was too sure that Natalee would call her -- not wanting to come back to the states.  Where'd she get that idea, anyway?

I think you're way off base on this one, but I could be wrong.....sorry!

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
InquiringMind
Scared Monkey

?
« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2005, 12:31:02 PM »

Mother suspected something may happen -- She was too sure that Natalee would call her -- not wanting to come back to the states. Where'd she get that idea, anyway?

Where is this information from?
Robert J
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »

There's a board moving along faster than this one (if you can believe that) and it's more of a "CHAT" format..
http://www.natalee-holloway.com/chat/frameset.php

at the "OFFICIAL WEBSITE" of
http://natalee-holloway.com

F.Y.I.

-

Joran, Satish, & Deepak = PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !!!
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2005, 12:33:34 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
the 3 put in the same room again ! Wonder what was said??
this after paul talked to Joran..

This is getting ridiculous.  I am trying to stay positive and hopeful this will be resolved--but come on already!  I don't understand why they keep putting all 3 in the room together..Geez so they can change their story again but this time they will be back on the same page?  So they can now make up a story how no one knows SC?  How PVDS did not tell them anything-he wasn't up or home or whatever.  Then PVDS gets to see and talk to JVDS--OK Joran-we have them where we want them.  Here is the next thing we need to do/say. OK Dad, I'm listening and will tell the guys.

OMG, WTF?  This is horrible.  PVDS is a judge in training-he knows the ins/outs-the wrong thing to do/say while talking to police/investigators...I need to breath--INHALE....EXHALE....

Maybe he told Joran to tell the TRUTH .
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »

Using a "prop" (such as your shirt in a bag, Taz) is not a lie. And I would love to know what type props were used on MJ when he and the other guard were arrested!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
altruist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2005, 12:34:36 PM »

Candygirl - actually I think the US should amend their practices to allow for the use of sodium pentathol, have wanted that for years, it is the US that needs to update.

SandraK - yes this method is a lie ALLOWED in the USA during interrogations, I don't know about Aruba SOP's, perhaps someone else may know.
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »

Confessions.  Confessions must be voluntary and
may not be obtained through the use of force,
threat, or promises; drugs, alcohol, hypnosis or
exhaustion.

The other night, there was quite a discussion with the night crew about interrogation methods in Aruba.  One of the monkeys brought up a statement by PVDS that he was concerned about the interrogation because Aruba did not follow the Dutch system in that they had their own method, something like Zaanse.  Other posters were telling bits and pieces about that method, and it was nothing like what you just described in that it did seem more harsh.

Of course, the other night there were links for all this.

Do you know anything about that method?
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:02 PM »

It has been mentioned a number of times by American media that sodium pentathol is legal to use in Aruba during the course of an investigation.  Seems that NOW is the TIME to utilize it.  Again, as a tool, the results are not admissable into the court room.  Think at a minimum it would be effective with the Kalpoe brothers, now I don't know how that drug effects sociopath's, I certainly believe sociopath's can fool a lie detector & probably voice analysis.

Please Ms. Prosecutor, utilize ALL the TOOLS available to you.  JMHO
[/size]
[/b]

If that's, in fact, true, then what is their legal rationale for not administering polygraph tests, which are NOT admissable in US courts either, but have immeasurable value in moving an investigation forward.
Shataken
Scared Monkey

« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:55 PM »

Quote from: "veme"
I'm making a phone call after lunch .

Royal Netherlands Embassy

4200 Linnean Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20008

Telephone: (202) 244-5300
Fax: (202) 362-3430
URL: http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/

:)

I heard on the radio here that the familoy wanted people to use postal mail to contact the embassy.  Not sure why, but that's what was on the radio.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2005, 12:36:59 PM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"
Quote from: "Compananzi"
Quote from: "topwesselton"
Chandra Levy was found by a guy who kept walking in the park with his dog *hoping* they would find Chandra. I'm glad he did.

Steve Croes lost his job? I feel bad for him. I do think he got dragged into this mess. Poor guy, I hope he gets another chance.

I got the impression he stuck himself in the case for either money or 15 minutes fame.

I agree.  Steve Croes brought that on himself.  He inserted himself in to a situation he had no business being in.  I was probably looking for some attention.  I feel more sorry for his low self esteem than for him losing his job.

I feel more sorry for his lack of intellect and integrity...
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2005, 12:37:46 PM »

OH GEEZ...PVDS is wearing a "Natalee" bracelet?? Give me a break!!!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.