April 27, 2024, 05:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #36 06/30/05 Thursday-DAY  (Read 213194 times)
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2005, 01:28:26 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Tourism is the mainstay of the small, open Aruban economy, with offshore banking and oil refining and storage also important. The rapid growth of the tourism sector over the last decade has resulted in a substantial expansion of other activities. Construction has boomed, with hotel capacity five times the 1985 level. In addition, the reopening of the country's oil refinery in 1993, a major source of employment and foreign exchange earnings, has further spurred growth. Aruba's small labor force and low unemployment rate have led to a large number of unfilled job vacancies, despite sharp rises in wage rates in recent years. Tourist arrivals have declined in the aftermath of the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks on the US. The government now must deal with a budget deficit and a negative trade balance.  
GDP: purchasing power parity - $1.94 billion

Thanks for that, Sandra  Laughing .
My question was more specific and based on the current situation on the island. Good to get an overview of their ecomony though!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
EdwinW
Scared Monkey

« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2005, 01:29:04 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

That's just plain BS....there must be some way to make them allow the search.

Perhaps Fox News did not mention it yet, but there is some "resistence" against all the media on the island ...
One of the reasons why Paul van der S. did not want to give an interview to Fox News.
As the search team has nothing to do with the police, they are allowed to refuse them (and I know it makes them a bit suspicious)
Transient Healer
Scared Monkey

« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2005, 01:30:51 PM »

I think they have something to hide if they wouldn't let them search.
trimmer
Scared Monkey

« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys,
Any news or developments today?  Working and stopped for lunch to check in with my fellow cage members.
Thanks
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
FOM...since PM's are down would you please ask Mickey something the next time you talk to him? Would you ask him what tactics were used on him from the time police entered his home until he was let go? I mean I know he said he was treated well but I am curious as to what "type" interrogations (spoken or otherwise) were used.
(I will pay for the international minutes if you want) LOL

Don't mean to butt in-but If I am not mistaken on the Greta interview, Greta asked that too.  She told him how Jorans' mom said Joran was being interrogated for 11 hours/day.  Mickey replied with-they questioned him that day and the next and that was it-he sat there and then was released.

Maybe this helps.  FOM correct me if I am wrong Smile

Jennifer
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:51 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
FOM...since PM's are down would you please ask Mickey something the next time you talk to him? Would you ask him what tactics were used on him from the time police entered his home until he was let go? I mean I know he said he was treated well but I am curious as to what "type" interrogations (spoken or otherwise) were used.

i'll call him soon.

a girl answered and said i had wrong #...he said he was done talking...guess I know what dushi is doing now then??
-later kerin

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: June 30, 2005, 01:32:50 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"

Perhaps Fox News did not mention it yet, but there is some "resistence" against all the media on the island ...
One of the reasons why Paul van der S. did not want to give an interview to Fox News.
As the search team has nothing to do with the police, they are allowed to refuse them (and I know it makes them a bit suspicious)

Edwin, that is understandable. I can only imagine the "media circus" that has set up camp on that island.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2005, 01:33:06 PM »

Quote from: "trimmer"
Afternoon Monkeys,
Any news or developments today?  Working and stopped for lunch to check in with my fellow cage members.
Thanks

Sorry Trimmer.. Not much new news....
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2005, 01:33:13 PM »

Exchange rates: Aruban guilders/florins per US dollar - 1.79
 Very Happy  Buy the Buy all  the people that had resorvations are still coming and the ships are still stopping!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »

i'll call him soon.

a girl answered and said i had wrong #...he said he was done talking...guess I know what dushi is doing now then??
-later kerin

Hmmm..so does this mean you won't be "Mrs Mickey"?

another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2005, 01:34:19 PM »

Quote from: "EdwinW"

Boy, I would sure let them search in order to help clear my sons, that is, if there was any possibility of clearing them!
Kipster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2005, 01:34:33 PM »

>>I think they have something to hide if they wouldn't let them search.

On the other hand, if I believed my kids were in jail on a set up, I might refuse the search too. From her perspective, Joran could have placed her there to further frame her sons. But looking at the big picture, if that's what happened, it will only look worse for her sons if they do happen to find her there, so personally, I would have allowed the search. Man, what a case...

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »

Monkeys!! Everyone ok today? Playing nicely? LOL..

So, Kalpoes wont let ES search the house...hmmm..anything else new?

"God dont like ugly"
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: June 30, 2005, 01:35:58 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"

Don't mean to butt in-but If I am not mistaken on the Greta interview, Greta asked that too.  She told him how Jorans' mom said Joran was being interrogated for 11 hours/day.  Mickey replied with-they questioned him that day and the next and that was it-he sat there and then was released.

Maybe this helps.  FOM correct me if I am wrong Smile

Thanks jac!

another monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #414 on: June 30, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »

Quote from: "phl"
Quote from: "candygirl"
Quote from: "Red"
Hey Guys

Here is an interesting piece from Diario, Kalpoe Family Denied Texas EquuSearch From Searching Around Their House

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1204

Aruba Girl strikes again ...  Very Happy

one would think if they thought the boys were innocent, they would gladly open their doors in helping the boys release.  Sounds like there's more there that we don't know about.???????????

Who WOULD let them in? Your kids are sitting in jail and you are supposed to let these folks from TX come search your house?? Cmon...get real. Who would really let them in. I certainly wouldn't!

Absolutely! I would allow the search IF I thought there was any hope of clearing my sons.

It is a far stretch comparing them to the police on the island. I'm surprised they'd (Equusearch) even ask actually.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #415 on: June 30, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"

((((( NIKKI))))))..  Not much else new chicky poo!
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #416 on: June 30, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »

Very Happy  Buy the Buy all  the people that had resorvations are still coming and the ships are still stopping!

Honestly I really didn't feel this would hurt tourism in aruba, but keep hearing that the aruba people are afraid of a backlash from all the media and the on-going case.
So I went to several travel on-line sites and see the rates (flights/hotels) have actually raised in prices.  I understand this is the LOW season, correct me if I'm wrong.  So if this is true, why would the cost go UP and not DOWN?

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
~TAZ_MAN~
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: June 30, 2005, 01:41:35 PM »

Quote from: "candygirl"

Honestly I really didn't feel this would hurt tourism in aruba, but keep hearing that the aruba people are afraid of a backlash from all the media and the on-going case.
So I went to several travel on-line sites and see the rates (flights/hotels) have actually raised in prices.  I understand this is the LOW season, correct me if I'm wrong.  So if this is true, why would the cost go UP and not DOWN?

candy with all the media there, you are going to have an overload of bookings, just wait till the media leaves then check the prices.

watch and see what happens then.

Innocent people dont lie.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: June 30, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »

Thanks. That was more specific to what I wanted to know. Bill O'Reilly said to Trapenberg last night that this case was RUINING the economy of Aruba and I wondered what impact, if any, had been seen? (no bashing please)IMO no case should have that much impact. I have lived in places with serial killers and the like and those cities didn't suffer. The entire island should not be impacted over this case. (again...my opinion) But the case certainly needs to be solved.

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: June 30, 2005, 01:42:41 PM »

Quote from: "nikkibnurse"

Hey Nikki!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.