April 28, 2024, 05:18:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #36 06/30/05 Thursday-DAY  (Read 213214 times)
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #460 on: June 30, 2005, 02:08:06 PM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
See, I missed the very beginning of the interview with CC.  I did hear him say that he was brought into it because of a "call that came from one of our phones", but would not say who the call was to or from.  That in itself opens a whole new can of worms, a whole new set of questions.  Without knowing one thing about that call, all we have is speculation.  Someone had a rented phone and made a phone call is all we know, right?

He is a Friend of the VdS'S

I watched that interview and didn't see the 'friend of PVDS' comment.  I thought he was asked if he knew them and he said he knew of them.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: June 30, 2005, 02:08:07 PM »

Quote from: "Onnimus"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Pine, thanks for making the statement about Equisearch because I think a lot of people have no idea what their group is all about. They are not the police, but they "aid" the police. They don't do home searches. They are highly trained (as are their animals) and have been very successful in their efforts. (despite the claims on some members on this board)
I live in TX and they are VERY well-respected!

I can think of one case that sticks out in my mind that Equisearch was not able to find......Rachel Cooke. (This is NOT a criticism of Equisearch, read on...) That made me very sad because they are so good, and this girl vanished without a trace while out for a run near her home....I think the police know that Rachel likely got within a few blocks of her home before whatever happened and she vanished, at least that's what I read-- she was SO close to home. I don't even remember this case getting national attention, I found out about a lot more compelling missing person cases when I did web searches during some of the most covered ones....Dru Sjodin...Chandra Levy...Laci Peterson...Maura Murray, and then I started finding out just how MANY missing people there ARE in the U.S. who vanished without a trace.

I seriously hope this does not happen in the Natalee case. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is for even a day much less indefintely..... Sad Texas Equisearch is very commendable for trying to help in these cases.

I hope y'all don't mind my putting in a couple of comments about Rachel Cooke...a few of you on here have received PMs from me concerning Equusearch as in regards to Rachel.  Her case is heartbreaking-she is from Georgetown, as am I.  I teach art and had her as a student.  Her mom was a co-teacher with me....now she teachs art at the high school.  Rachel, the authorities believe, was probably abducted a few hundred feet from her home.....they don't believe she made it inside from having finished long-distance running.  The searches by Tim Miller and other groups went on for several weeks....hundreds of people....for some reason I still can't fathom, it was never picked up by the national news.  Heartbreaking.  As you all can imagine, the toll on the family has been tremendous.  Don't feel as if I'm saying anything out of line, as all this is public knowledge.
I apologize for the terribly long post.  tcumom
candygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
Quote from: "candygirl"
...So I went to several travel on-line sites and see the rates (flights/hotels) have actually raised in prices.  I understand this is the LOW season, correct me if I'm wrong.  So if this is true, why would the cost go UP and not DOWN?
Honestly?... because it's "free advertisement" and the prices go up. Wink
Just remember the same people in the FOX's rating is the "target"... and due to some curious theories of marketing seems the "perfect target".  Cool
So marketing is capitolizing on this? I can beleive it, don't agree with it tho'
Isn't necessary believe.
Let me ask... before this month who many hours of tropical islands are you saw in the last 2 years of prime time TV? Wink

I didn't say I couldn't beleive it, in facr I said I CAN

Smiles Are Free, Pass One Around Please
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #463 on: June 30, 2005, 02:08:39 PM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "north-of-north"
Quote from: "ExTexinAZ"
ExTexinAZ; no Natalee's cell was left with her bags.
Apparently
rumor is that the family had a call from aruba and speculation is it was a kidnapping call, from who nobody knows

Darn!  I thought I might be onto something!

Hi, a lurker here...
This has been bugging me, and I did ask some time back "How does Beth KNOW Natalee was at the VDS home?"
I have seen that she feels Natalee was at the home 2 or 3 am...
Ok, so how does she know? Maybe Natalee did call her mom after all, and Beth did not get the call to talk to her.
MAYBE,  Beth has her on voicemail or something at 3am, " hey mom, I am with this guy jvds and a little scared... he took me to his house or someplace... "
Maybe Natalee was able to get a call off from some phone she found along the way?

I don't know, what do you all think??? This has just bugged me for some time...

ok.. back to lurk and read....

Well we know she didn't have her cell, BUT could she have used JVDS phone and made such a call?  This could take a whole new turn of events IF such a thing took place.........any ideas out there?

Didnt jorans father call someone and try to get a call from his house taken off the records? Thought i heard that lsat night..that a call was made or recieved on their house phone and he wanted it to be erased off phone records....may be wrong just thought i heard that...

I haven't heard this one....very interesting!  I sure we had the exact info. on this ....GRETA??????

Yeah last night......Was it that Miller guy? that was interviewed...i think it was him..he said jorans father called him about a phone call that was from his house......i was soo tired last night so could have been mixing things up..but people on here earlier were talking about the Miller guy that was interviewed and it hink it was him that stating that.  Someone help me out hahah.

Kelly
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #464 on: June 30, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

See, I missed the very beginning of the interview with CC.  I did hear him say that he was brought into it because of a "call that came from one of our phones", but would not say who the call was to or from.  That in itself opens a whole new can of worms, a whole new set of questions.  Without knowing one thing about that call, all we have is speculation.  Someone had a rented phone and made a phone call is all we know, right?

HUH? He clearly stated on Greta's show that he had NEVER met the VDS family before that night!

That's what I thought.  He had to have some kid from the beach show him where they live, right?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2005, 02:09:06 PM »

Ok.. Just saw the interview with this Charles Croes guy on FOX.. he is an aquaintence of the VDS.. said JVDS had this sorry made up already before NH was even reported missing.. Hmmmm...
Also they have questioned at least 50 to 60 classmates of JVDS..
Showed him in the back of the ploice car.
Arrests may be coming.. possibly some that were in jail already.. Hmmm again.. PVDS?  SC perhaps???
  Damn this is CRAZY....... NH family is CONVINCED JVDS and PVDS is guilty of something..  I hope they find something out soon..
   The FBI dont use the voice an.  (sorry I cant spell analysis??..lol)
Greg McCRary on.. former FBI agent saying. this isnt a case about who done it.. its about what happened..
Onnimus
Scared Monkey

« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2005, 02:10:21 PM »

Candygirl,

I feel like this won't hurt Aruban tourism...I feel like most people would still feel safe going there, and now there is the curiosity factor..people will want to go see the places they are seeing on tv..the natural bridge, the lighthouse....etc.

I mean, did you see those girls who were on the news being interviewed as they entered Carlos and Charlies? Knowing what happened to Natalee did not slow them down a bit....they were in full party mode. I've heard some local (to me) high school age kids talking and none of them are afraid to go to Aruba, they insist they would just use the buddy system and not hook up with "strange" boys. I'd still bet money they'd get down there, meet some fellow tourists in their hotel and get a false sense of security and probably still let their guards down more than they think they would.

The lesson here is......what, actually? I guess the lesson here is even a responsible  teen can have the INTENT to not place themselves in bad situations but still somehow make mistakes, or let their guard down for a second...trust the wrong person etc. I worry about when my baby daughter grows up, things will have changed more by that time, and I am already worrying NOW how I can keep her safe...but not letting her travel is not the answer. I even feel sure that Natalee knew to be careful etc....
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2005, 02:10:30 PM »

HUH? He clearly stated on Greta's show that he had NEVER met the VDS family before that night!

Me either.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2005, 02:10:54 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "Onnimus"
Pine, thanks for making the statement about Equisearch because I think a lot of people have no idea what their group is all about. They are not the police, but they "aid" the police. They don't do home searches. They are highly trained (as are their animals) and have been very successful in their efforts. (despite the claims on some members on this board)
I live in TX and they are VERY well-respected!

I can think of one case that sticks out in my mind that Equisearch was not able to find......Rachel Cooke. (This is NOT a criticism of Equisearch, read on...) That made me very sad because they are so good, and this girl vanished without a trace while out for a run near her home....I think the police know that Rachel likely got within a few blocks of her home before whatever happened and she vanished, at least that's what I read-- she was SO close to home. I don't even remember this case getting national attention, I found out about a lot more compelling missing person cases when I did web searches during some of the most covered ones....Dru Sjodin...Chandra Levy...Laci Peterson...Maura Murray, and then I started finding out just how MANY missing people there ARE in the U.S. who vanished without a trace.

I seriously hope this does not happen in the Natalee case. I can't imagine not knowing where my daughter is for even a day much less indefintely..... Sad Texas Equisearch is very commendable for trying to help in these cases.

I hope y'all don't mind my putting in a couple of comments about Rachel Cooke...a few of you on here have received PMs from me concerning Equusearch as in regards to Rachel.  Her case is heartbreaking-she is from Georgetown, as am I.  I teach art and had her as a student.  Her mom was a co-teacher with me....now she teachs art at the high school.  Rachel, the authorities believe, was probably abducted a few hundred feet from her home.....they don't believe she made it inside from having finished long-distance running.  The searches by Tim Miller and other groups went on for several weeks....hundreds of people....for some reason I still can't fathom, it was never picked up by the national news.  Heartbreaking.  As you all can imagine, the toll on the family has been tremendous.  Don't feel as if I'm saying anything out of line, as all this is public knowledge.
I apologize for the terribly long post.  tcumom

That's just heartbreaking, Mom....

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2005, 02:11:03 PM »

Add Robert Strang into the mix here. I believe that he was/is the DEA agent that was in Aruba at the time. Do a google search on Robert Strang and you will find that he is/was a DEA agent and he has also been on O'Reilly discussing the Natalee Holloway case in the pass week or so.
golden
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »

That's what I thought.  He had to have some kid from the beach show him where they live, right?

He was referred to as a friend of the VDS this morning on FOX.  Last night he said he did not know them before this incident.  He also said something about Joran asking him about a call made from a cell phone.  That whole interview was choppy.  It seemed like a lot of what he actually said was cut out.  I'm still not clear how he came to be in contact with BHT.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
AZsunny
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »

Does anyone know what became of the friend of Arubagirl that had seen the car of the brothers?  Did he go to the police?  What did Aruba girl do with the information?
Scott
Scared Monkey

« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2005, 02:12:12 PM »

For those of you with DirecTV...not sure if you're aware or not, but when there are breaking or ongoing news stories such as the Natalee Holloway case, Channel 102 (DirecTV New Mix) is a good source for seeing what each of the cable news channels are airing.  They show six mini-screens of Fox News, CNN, CNN Headline News, MSNBC, CNBC...and The Weather Channel.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2005, 02:13:13 PM »

Quote from: "AZsunny"
Does anyone know what became of the friend of Arubagirl that had seen the car of the brothers?  Did he go to the police?  What did Aruba girl do with the information?

Arubagirl emailed the information to her cousin who is a cop.
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2005, 02:14:41 PM »

Quote from: "golden"

He was referred to as a friend of the VDS this morning on FOX.  Last night he said he did not know them before this incident.  He also said something about Joran asking him about a call made from a cell phone.  That whole interview was choppy.  It seemed like a lot of what he actually said was cut out.  I'm still not clear how he came to be in contact with BHT.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2005, 02:15:20 PM »

So marketing is capitolizing on this? I can beleive it, don't agree with it tho'
Isn't necessary believe.
Let me ask... before this month who many hours of tropical islands are you saw in the last 2 years of prime time TV? Wink
I didn't say I couldn't beleive it, in facr I said I CAN
Ooops... sorry. You are right.  Embarassed
English isn't my first language (btw, neither dutch or papiamento) Very Happy
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2005, 02:15:57 PM »

Well, for those that were on here this morning and wondering where to find footage or pictures of joran smirkign when being put back into the police car, with nice new fresh clothes on... I found it on foxnews.com...on the right...click on the free video foootage, shows him smiling...... Everyone prob saw it already but thought i would post it since other people were tryin to find where it was...cant believe he was smirking.... he looked directly at the camera and did it..check out the video

Kelly
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2005, 02:15:58 PM »

Any new info or news this morning?  (Well, it's morning in the mountains)

Can someone PM or email with any tidbits?  I'm at work and can't read!!!
cast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2005, 02:16:09 PM »

Quote from: "golden"

Yes Charles Croes was in contact with BHT. He told Greta that. They were at the service station together.
Bamagal73
Scared Monkey

« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet, you can find the video of Joran's "smirk" at foxnews.com.  Click on the redbar at the top where it says video.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.