April 27, 2024, 02:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #36 06/30/05 Thursday-DAY  (Read 213182 times)
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2005, 09:12:51 AM »

Quote from: "Kelly"
Quote from: "grits"
Quote from: "momto5"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
im sure you guys talked about this late night after greta...but i think that if they really use the voice anaylysis thing that could really help all this!  That would def make them feel cornered, since nothing else has worked!

I was watchin this new show that is coming out called the closer and its about real life interrogations adn how they go about it and such........and after watching thta i cant imagine how these kids have no cracked......i guess the changin of the stories is a sign of guilt, but i just would have thought they would have buckled under pressure

watching clip of fox w/ joran in white shirt...nyone know where he is going?? He looks like he is trying hard not to crack  ( A SMILE!)???WTF?? Question

AHhh i think they are up to something over there...if anyone finds the clip online please PM it to me or post it.... I bet they are goin to let these boys out soon! I cant even imgaine how i would feel to that.......Other than changing stories, they have NO evidence. nothing on these kids...i cant believe they have not confessed!
anyone else see this??

I saw it, it did look like he was trying not to smile into the cameras.

Yes...and I thought EXACTLY the same thing...It looked like he was trying not to smirk!  Thought that was TERRIBLE!

FOM- if you see or hear anything else can you update me..stuck at work lol..so have no access...also if anyone finds the clip of joran being takin out...please post it.. I think something is goin on that we dont know...they have nothing on these boys excpet changes stories..Nothing..does anyone else have the horrible feeling that this judge on monday is not going to hold htem for the additional 60..i think if it was for another 8 yeah maybe, just dont think its gonna happen...and not too happy with the fact that jorans father got to c him yesterday and prosecuter on greta said that they are not allowed to listen to the converstaions or anything so he could be saying whatever he wants in there.........Now, we know why they arent cracking..they are being coached through all this........Their converstaions and visits should be monitored..i mean, are you kidding me that , if you are in jail you can have unsupervised visits ......wow.....no wonder nothing is getting done over there (again, not attackin aruba, just the authoties)

Kelly
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2005, 09:17:41 AM »

Quote from: "topwesselton"
Chandra Levy was found by a guy who kept walking in the park with his dog *hoping* they would find Chandra. I'm glad he did.

Steve Croes lost his job? I feel bad for him. I do think he got dragged into this mess. Poor guy, I hope he gets another chance.

I got the impression he stuck himself in the case for either money or 15 minutes fame.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2005, 09:20:05 AM »

Kelly, It is the same Here in the USA. Even Scott Peterson's Mom can Visit him and he is Convicted  of Murder 1.
They even try to keep the convicts near Home to make visits Easy for Familys.
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »

Quote from: "air23ac"
the only way i see it affecting their economy is if she has hard proof that they basically all but told her that they don't care about what happened and care more about protecting their reputation......

oops, haven't they just about done that?

If everyone stopped traveling to places where crimes happened and were botched/not solved, etc no one would travel anywhere.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2005, 09:22:21 AM »

Quote from: "sandraK"
Kelly, It is the same Here in the USA. Even Scott Peterson's Mom can Visit him and he is Convicted  of Murder 1.

Yeah that is true , but everything is  MONITORED.................... Huge difference here! HUGE>

Kelly
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2005, 09:23:44 AM »

I got the impression also that since pvds was released that the argument they used to not allow visits was no longer gonna fly. Obviously the judge in the case didnt feel there was enough to keep pvds, and therefore Joran being a minor would be allow to visit with his parents. Seemed like what was happening based on what I saw on TV anyway.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
mskygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2005, 09:23:49 AM »

I will try to type as much information as it is reported...from Fox News..
    "Prosecutors want to retain the three for two more months.  Interview with NH family coming up.....PVDS counseled three.

H Family Atty:  prosecution has filed motion to keep suspects for 60 days to continue investigation.  Boys were let go in order to follow them and see what they were up to.  they have all phone and computer records...hard evidence.  It is believed that they have recordings of conversation.  Don't actually need a body...if u don't have body but have other evidence you can convict.  Atty believes there are recordings of phone conversations."  

Man who spoke to PVDS and J the next day coming up:
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2005, 09:23:54 AM »

Agreed.  That would never happen here.  None of the suspects in Aruba are allowed to have their lawyers present during interrogations.  That would never happen here either.
sandraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2005, 09:24:05 AM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
the only way i see it affecting their economy is if she has hard proof that they basically all but told her that they don't care about what happened and care more about protecting their reputation......

oops, haven't they just about done that?

If everyone stopped traveling to places where crimes happened and were botched/not solved, etc no one would travel anywhere.

They would have to Close Washington DC!
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2005, 09:24:25 AM »

poodle.......you are allowed legal advice from your lawyer. advising your son that if there is not a body, then there won't be a case should raise some serious questions.......why would the subject of a body even be brought up if there was no foul play?

don't forget that Janssen also said that was wrong information to give the boys [not to mention potentially obstructionist, my words] because you can always build a strong circumstantial case without a body........it's not easy but it has been done - see Baltovich-Bain case in Canada
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2005, 09:24:38 AM »

Yeah that is true , but everything is  MONITORED.................... Huge difference here! HUGE>

I am not against them being able to have vistors by any means..but Noone can agree wit the factt hat the parents can go in there..talk to their son about anything..........and authorites cant hear anythin.......what do you think the parents are tellin him.........Tell the truth and do the right thing? BULL they are givin him advice on how to keep quiet, not panic, and wait it out til monday....and c what happens there...and go from there

Kelly
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2005, 09:27:10 AM »

All, im not tryin to sound like im attackin anyone, just tryin to get my point across thats all...........my bad! Embarassed

Kelly
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:42 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Do you think that college in Florida withdrew Joran's acceptance? I hope they did.

On what basis would they pull his admittance?  I'm no fan of Joran's but I hope we don't start taking official actions like this based on an assumption.

I wouldn't be surprised if his family pulled it,  as a parent I couldn't imagine sending my kid to the US given the way most people feel.

actually I believe Joran was already supposed to have started college, he is on a tennis scholarship and I imagine he was expected to compete this summer

if you don't show up for the beginning of the semester?

even if he is released from jail,  I cannot imagine he will be allowed to leave the island
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:43 AM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
Chandra Levy was found by a guy who kept walking in the park with his dog *hoping* they would find Chandra. I'm glad he did.

Steve Croes lost his job? I feel bad for him. I do think he got dragged into this mess. Poor guy, I hope he gets another chance.

I got the impression he stuck himself in the case for either money or 15 minutes fame.

I agree.  Steve Croes brought that on himself.  He inserted himself in to a situation he had no business being in.  I was probably looking for some attention.  I feel more sorry for his low self esteem than for him losing his job.
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2005, 09:29:18 AM »

Kelly,
Your right, here in the US they would allow visits, but all visits and communications aside from legal counsel is recorded or monitored in the states. Also the mail coming in and out would be read if it was here. However also here in the states I have heard them say many times they might not have been arrested yet.
You know one thing that crossed my mind last night when they said nothing was being monitored was this. What IF and I know its a big if, they are saying on TV it isnt being monitored in hope that pvds does say something or cross the line, all the while maybe they actually are taping it? You know to make him believe he could say whatever without anyone knowing. Probably wishful thinking, but you never know since they did apparently tap their phones before.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
cancon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2005, 09:29:46 AM »

Quote from: "heavyheart"
Quote from: "Compananzi"

I agree.  Steve Croes brought that on himself.  He inserted himself in to a situation he had no business being in.  I was probably looking for some attention.  I feel more sorry for his low self esteem than for him losing his job.

or the guy is just a +++++, oops he's mentally challenged, missing a few bricks, not playing with a full deck
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2005, 09:30:41 AM »

I am not against them being able to have vistors by any means..but Noone can agree wit the factt hat the parents can go in there..talk to their son about anything..........and authorites cant hear anythin.......what do you think the parents are tellin him.........Tell the truth and do the right thing? BULL they are givin him advice on how to keep quiet, not panic, and wait it out til monday....and c what happens there...and go from there

If you believe in Democracy and civil rights you have to support these simple human rights.  You might "hope" in this situation they couldn't talk to each other...but, there is a presumption of innocence and with that comes the right to have visitation and legal counsel.

If you had a loved one hauled in for a crime they didn't commit you would want to visit and you would want them to have legal counsel AND honor the rights every person has in this country.

We may not like Joran and think he is guilty.  But, fortunately popularity and perceived guilt do not convict.
gaijin
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2005, 09:31:25 AM »

Agreed.  That would never happen here.  None of the suspects in Aruba are allowed to have their lawyers present during interrogations.  That would never happen here either.

Nancy..you ever hear from your friend in A about the supposed "godfather" connection? (or did I miss it?) Any validity to that or did it turn out to be a restatement of Geraldo's report from weeks earlier?
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2005, 09:33:58 AM »

Quote from: "gaijin"

Nancy..you ever hear from your friend in A about the supposed "godfather" connection? (or did I miss it?) Any validity to that or did it turn out to be a restatement of Geraldo's report from weeks earlier?

I'm waiting to hear back.  I got a long email when I first wrote her...but, haven't heard since.  I'll keep ya posted.
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2005, 09:34:02 AM »

Quote from: "momto5"
Kelly,
Your right, here in the US they would allow visits, but all visits and communications aside from legal counsel is recorded or monitored in the states. Also the mail coming in and out would be read if it was here. However also here in the states I have heard them say many times they might not have been arrested yet.
You know one thing that crossed my mind last night when they said nothing was being monitored was this. What IF and I know its a big if, they are saying on TV it isnt being monitored in hope that pvds does say something or cross the line, all the while maybe they actually are taping it? You know to make him believe he could say whatever without anyone knowing. Probably wishful thinking, but you never know since they did apparently tap their phones before.

Yes momto5 agree, But (lol) the minute authorites were made aware that those boys were the last three to be seen with her, they would have taken them in PC (protective custody) and held them and searched, homes, phone records, computers, cars, clothes...etc...then if nothing came up, then yes, in our system, we would need to let them go.......but someting would have been found if it was done right away..yes what is done is done, so why do i keep fallin back to that, bc its gets to me soooo bad, lol..... al they had to do was gather evidence immediately! But oh well, they now have to work with what they have....

Kelly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.