March 28, 2024, 05:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fed Up  (Read 7438 times)
SoFL
Scared Monkey

« on: June 30, 2005, 12:47:02 PM »

As Americans we have watched, listened and read for a month information regarding the Holloway disappearance.  We have been patient, attempting to understand a foreign goverment, legal system and investigative process.  There, but for the grace of God, could be our daughter and that could be our family enduring a living hell.  We have observed investigative incompetance and at the least, contempt, perjury and obstruction of justice.  As Americans we are all aware of our poor foreign policy reputation and are sensitive to how we are perceived by the international community.

I think at this point my forthcoming recommendation is neither frivolous, hysterical, radical, immature or over reactive.  The media has done a great job preventing Natalee's disappearance in Aruba to get swept under the rug and forgotten.  Natalee and her family are American citizens, let us not forget that.  An American citizen has been victimized in  Aruba.  The Dutch legal process, which may well be an international legal benchmark, has been corrupted with investigative incompetance.  It is not WORKING. It is time to apply political, legal and economic pressure to facilitate an end to this travesty of justice and allow the family closure.  I urge folks to contact the US State Department Overseas Citizen Services @ 1-888-407-4747, from overseas 317-472-2328.  Mr. Henry Barth is the Minister Pleniteniary of Aruba.  The following are some email addresses to send your concerns to:
nlgovwas@netherlands-embassy.org
mail@arubahuis.nl

No American disappearance in a foreign country should be swept under the rug and forgotten.
phl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:53:03 PM »

Quote from: "SoFL"
As Americans we have watched, listened and read for a month information regarding the Holloway disappearance.  We have been patient, attempting to understand a foreign goverment, legal system and investigative process.  There, but for the grace of God, could be our daughter and that could be our family enduring a living hell.  We have observed investigative incompetance and at the least, contempt, perjury and obstruction of justice.  As Americans we are all aware of our poor foreign policy reputation and are sensitive to how we are perceived by the international community.

I think at this point my forthcoming recommendation is neither frivolous, hysterical, radical, immature or over reactive.  The media has done a great job preventing Natalee's disappearance in Aruba to get swept under the rug and forgotten.  Natalee and her family are American citizens, let us not forget that.  An American citizen has been victimized in  Aruba.  The Dutch legal process, which may well be an international legal benchmark, has been corrupted with investigative incompetance.  It is not WORKING. It is time to apply political, legal and economic pressure to facilitate an end to this travesty of justice and allow the family closure.  I urge folks to contact the US State Department Overseas Citizen Services @ 1-888-407-4747, from overseas 317-472-2328.  Mr. Henry Barth is the Minister Pleniteniary of Aruba.  The following are some email addresses to send your concerns to:
mail@arubahuis.nl

No American disappearance in a foreign country should be swept under the rug and forgotten.

And how exactly do we know for sure they are incompetent...because Geraldo and O'Reilly says they are.

I'll save my judgement when I get some more details. So far, I see authorities trying their best to do their job and follow their laws with teh family and the media doing nothing but hindering their investigation.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:16:15 PM »

Quote from: "phl"
Quote from: "SoFL"

mail@arubahuis.nl

And how exactly do we know for sure they are incompetent...because Geraldo and O'Reilly says they are.

I'll save my judgement when I get some more details. So far, I see authorities trying their best to do their job and follow their laws with teh family and the media doing nothing but hindering their investigation.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "incompetant", but they have shown to be at times very suspect in demostrating their investigative strategies.  (waiting the 10 days before detainment of the 3 suspects, waiting just as long to search their residences for evidence, etc).

Strike
pkrimier
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:05:30 PM »

IMO the Arubian authorities hindered their own investigation when they let those boys go and did not search for any clues they might have found at their homes or and vehicles.
Again IMO they would not even have investigated Natalee's disappearance had not her mom come to the island and brought it to the media's attention.

Considering the fact that Joran lied before announcement of her disappearance was even made has to show that he had some reason tp make up a story rather then tell the truth.
I heard an "expert in us" say that they need to take the boys seperately to places they claim to have been with Natalee and make them explain individually exactly what happened.
That way their stories probably will be different and maybe the truth will come out.
Too bad they are not scared enough to give it up....but when the Dad has helped them with advice......they , even the Dad are all involved in whatever happened to her and the coverup.

pk
Chunky Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 04:33:01 PM »

We should be careful not to let the tabloid media influence our rational. To me it is obvious that the Aruban people have done things above and beyond the normalcy to help in solving this case. Any kind of economic measures on the gracious people of Aruba IMHO is unacceptable. Anyone that has followed this story closely knows all that has been done by them to help this case. Furthermore, it is also clear that the people of this island are as concerned about this case as Americans are. This is unfortunate but any action that will affect the whole island is just arrogance and ungratefulness.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.