March 28, 2024, 03:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Natalee were an Aruban girl who went missing in the US...  (Read 13979 times)
Ting
Scared Monkey

« on: June 30, 2005, 11:16:49 AM »

Suppose Natalee were an Aruban girl who came to the US for a trip with some of her classmates. Same circumstances, popular beach resort area, doesn't show up with the rest when it's time to go back home, distraught Aruban family and friends arrive on the doorstep of an affluent young American said to be seen dancing with her the night before, same "forensic" evidence, same changing stories, all same, etc. etc. etc.

A month later, ArubaNatalee is still missing. Her family is still in the US.

How many arrests would have been made?

What would the charges be?

What would the "water cooler" and "blog"  talk be like? In Aruba? In the US?

How would the Aruban media cover the story? The US media?
phl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 11:26:51 AM »

Quote from: "Ting"
Suppose Natalee were an Aruban girl who came to the US for a trip with some of her classmates. Same circumstances, popular beach resort area, doesn't show up with the rest when it's time to go back home, distraught Aruban family and friends arrive on the doorstep of an affluent young American said to be seen dancing with her the night before, same "forensic" evidence, same changing stories, all same, etc. etc. etc.

JUST MY OPINION....noone would care after the first week. Media in the town it happened in might continue coverage. We'd be CRUCIFYING the victim, every decision she ever made, every thing she ever ate while she was here, guy she spoke to during her trip, her lifestyle back home, her family, friends etc. After a month we'd all be convinced it was her own fault she went missing, we've got enough missing American citizens to worry about, sorry charlie.

If it were just like this case, noone would be arrested as there is no evidence as of yet.  

And if her Aruban father and his gang got in the face of someone with a temper of let's say Jug at 3am....we'd have another crime on our hands as well.

We are the most egotistical, stubborn country out there. We take no sh*t from anyone for any reason. To think we'd bend over like Aruba is to this family is a dream. I don't think it would EVER happen.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:30:21 AM »

Yep, what phl said. Laughing

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
ajmac57
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 11:40:36 AM »

Nat family is from the upper class, they have the resources and the know how to make things happen. They have pr people, they knew how to use the media.

Your average middle class family would not have the resources to come to Aruba and spend a month there.

It would be up to your Aruba/nat family to get the ball rolling, but I'm sure it would get the same attention. Americans are suckers for good news story.

No arrest would be made, but we would know all the facts.
Scribbler
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 12:12:51 PM »

Sing it, phl! I couldn't agree with you more.
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 12:35:15 PM »

I found this article
http://www.steveyuhas.com/columns/yuhas_20050621.htm

Aruba: Natalee Holloway Would Have Been a One Day Story if Her Name was Lateefah

by: Steve Yuhas

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
phl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 12:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "ajmac57"
Nat family is from the upper class, they have the resources and the know how to make things happen. They have pr people, they knew how to use the media.

Your average middle class family would not have the resources to come to Aruba and spend a month there.

It would be up to your Aruba/nat family to get the ball rolling, but I'm sure it would get the same attention. Americans are suckers for good news story.

HI is footing the bill for their stay (and rightfully so to a point). Hardly using "their" resources.
ajmac57
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 01:11:31 PM »

Quote from: "phl"
Quote from: "ajmac57"

HI is footing the bill for their stay (and rightfully so to a point). Hardly using "their" resources.

I saw a interveiw last week, or 10 days ago. Where the family stated the spent $20,000.00 of their own money already. I don't have that kind of cash to get things rolling if my kid was missing.

Hopefully they collected enough money to stay as long as needed.
Chunky Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 01:29:57 PM »

I agree there...plus the marines wouldn't be called to help with the search. The public employees wouldn't be given half a day off to help with the search. No "National Search" would be called.
meltorme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 02:24:16 PM »

The public employees wouldn't be given half a day off to help with the search.

That's right! Absolutely unheard of!

I also agree with the statements in this thread.

Over the decades, I've probably lost count of how
many tourists have disappeared or been murdered
in different countries. Lucky if they were one day news.

The tragedy is no more or no less. Still someone's child.
I can't even imagine.

I will be candid in saying I NEVER would have agreed to
this vacation unless I was going, or we were going as a
family. JMHO
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.