March 18, 2024, 10:49:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #658 7/15 - 7/17/2007  (Read 158292 times)
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:56 AM »

When she was younger, she had a serious drug problem so the police feel that she is just doing drugs and let the time get away from her. She has been drug free for six years and when before she left she was telling me how excited she was that her life was moving in a positive direction and that she was planning to return to college this fall.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2007, 03:08:19 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

You're right, TCU. I didn't mean to cause panic. It may be just fine, Lady Devon, but I think I'd err on the side of caution and follow TCU's advice and call now. I hope you are not alone, but we're here.

Yes, please post when you can

You aren't causing panic at all, CBB.  I could feel myself getting panicky, and didn't want Lady Devon to go to pieces by what I said.

This is quite odd, after reading the last post.  Sad
crazybabyborg
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2007, 03:09:27 AM »

What are the police doing, Lady Devon?
How old is your daughter?

I'm here TCU.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2007, 03:12:02 AM »

Quote from: "Lady Devon"
When she was younger, she had a serious drug problem so the police feel that she is just doing drugs and let the time get away from her. She has been drug free for six years and when before she left she was telling me how excited she was that her life was moving in a positive direction and that she was planning to return to college this fall.

Do the police know she's been clean for 6 years?  If it's been that long without a setback, I can't imagine why they'd suggest she was suddenly back on them.  
Was the trip to return to college, or just visiting her friend?  Guess it doesn't really matter, but just trying to figure it out.
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2007, 03:12:49 AM »

She has always stayed in phone contact with me...I just feel that there is something else at play here. I needed someone to talk to who might offer insight as to other avenues we may have overlooked. Tomorrow, I amgong to get her dad (we are divorced) to contact the cell phone company to see if they can determine the location of the phone when it was being used.

Also another friend who works in youth services suggested finding out where
she cashed in the debit card. At least we would know where to start .
crazybabyborg
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2007, 03:12:55 AM »

Then I don't think that her past drug use has anything to do with this, and the police shouldn't either. This involves multiple states so I wonder if the State Police might be more help.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2007, 03:17:27 AM »

Well, we're thinking alike ~ I'd call the DPS or Highway Patrol NOW ~
Also, can you track her debit card online?
And, I know Verizon Wireless shows the time of the last calls made.
Does her friend in Arizona have caller ID?  Maybe call that number back...the one she received?

I just really wouldn't wait on this.
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2007, 03:20:59 AM »

She moved to Tucson to get away from any one who knew her past...she said there were too many people who would try to pull her back in if she stayed in Bham. She was also planning to continue her education inTucson.
This was the first time she had been home in 20 months.

I did not talk to the police except to ask if they could track her cell phone (this was before we received the calls from Hosea from her cell)...the policeman said that there was no way a cell phone could be tracked. I said that it was the law that all cell phones include a tracking device...chip..or something because I had read about it...He replied that I was mistaken...so I told him I would just research it further on the internet. Then he said that they couldn't do it because they did not have the equipment...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2007, 03:21:33 AM »

If you got a call from Arizona sayng she was there, and she could not have been there, and someone was using her phone stating she was in a hotel, and then she had left, I agree, something is wrong.

Lady Devon, sometimes all a woman has is her ability to be a bitch. And we ALL have that ability within us when we need it. This is such a time.

Tell the police that you intend to call CNN and report to them that you fear your daughter will be the next horror story they feature and the police have refused to help you. Tell them that you can spell the name of the police chapter correctly, and by the way, ask for the name of the person you are speaking with and for them to spell their name.
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:02 AM »

I did call all numbers back but I only received voice mail...I left messages on at least 6 strangers' phones. I hope I will not upset anyone about being off topic but I didn't know which forum I should post in. My brain id functioning a little clearer now that I have had an opportunity to discuss it with you guys.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:06 AM »

YES YES YES ~ everything CBB just said ~ frankly, I'm not sure I would even mention the past history of drugs ~ at least not immediately.

Get the name of EVERY person they pass you to . . . tell them this is urgent, and unlike your daughter, since she normally stays in contact with you.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:20 AM »

Now is the time to muster forces... but we a the thin late night crew. So lets look at our options:

!)We contact our network Monkeys who have the most knowledge... Angie911 for she would have the knowledge, power and old "911' networking skills wiht  fellow workers in other states

I know she isn't feeling well, but think she would be really p-off if we didn't contact here.

2)Who can call here???? or who is up who knows someones telephone number who has or can call here

3)Call your State police and the FBI.... maybe you town is not versed in the high tech for tracking phones

4) Call family or friends to get over to your home to help you on these phone tasks

5) Is the truck stop when she was last seen close to you. If so still taking your sell phone for the calls you are doing above, you and a friend go to the truck stop and go to the trucks ... find whose passed the area is was coming from and rumored going to... find truckers going both ways.. give discription of any car she might be in, and what she looks like, what she's wearing   Take a picture you can xerox and show... xerox a few for you to take to the trucks... if your friend is xeroxoing more. Walk, carry yourself as you are unafraid, focused and hell bent for Georgia... this lets' them know you are serious and also you are one they would help rather than mess with.

They are very networked with CB;s and can see down in to the cars, pickup trucks and might see her... then radio ahead for the trucks ahead to keep an eye on that car, where it is and goes

Encourage them to keep the police alerted to anything they see.

Call where ever you call and set up an Amber Alert now.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2007, 03:26:47 AM »

She moved to Tucson to get away from any one who knew her past...she said there were too many people who would try to pull her back in if she stayed in Bham. She was also planning to continue her education inTucson.
This was the first time she had been home in 20 months.

I did not talk to the police except to ask if they could track her cell phone (this was before we received the calls from Hosea from her cell)...the policeman said that there was no way a cell phone could be tracked. I said that it was the law that all cell phones include a tracking device...chip..or something because I had read about it...He replied that I was mistaken...so I told him I would just research it further on the internet. Then he said that they couldn't do it because they did not have the equipment...

Call the State Police and tell them that the local police won't help you. Just explain the situation.....................I see no reason to include her past at this point, unless you are specifically asked. You might ask about tracking the call, but only as a question. The thrust of your call is that you need help because you fear for your daughter.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2007, 03:27:52 AM »

Make sure you keep ALL the numbers you've called.  And, when you placed the calls.

Does she have a gas card?  Many of those online cards, including the debit one, will show the last purchases made and even where.  Can you check those?
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2007, 03:30:50 AM »

Her father has all the info on the phone and the debit card as he gave them to her  and he seems to think that I am overreacting but I taught in an inner city school for 12 years. I have seen a lot of things first hand that most people just see on tv or read about...it is easy for her dad to think nothing can happen to her he has not seen the other side of society that I have seen.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2007, 03:31:26 AM »

Also, be ready to give them an idea of the route she was taking.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2007, 03:32:09 AM »

Have one of your friends keep calling her over her cell phone... beccaause you will be busy coord things

It's the pings that they trace and with the girl in KS this helped.. but someone  haas to call her phone all the time even if she doesn't answer.

Are you Mormon...... call your pastor immediately and have then start org.

take you laptop, cord, with you

take cell phones

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2007, 03:33:42 AM »

Trust me, you're not over-reacting. . . I taught in an inner-city school in Phoenix for several years.  Not a pretty picture.

Have you called the DPS or Highway Patrol yet?  I say go ahead and call the FBI.

This is your child.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2007, 03:35:17 AM »

Lady Devon, I may be wrong, but I sense that perhaps her past has caused experiences for you where a situation like this may not be absolutely unthinkable and in the end, it all worked out. Therefore you may have a tinge of reluctance about pulling out all stops, but it sounds to me that your daughter may need help, and like I said: erring on the side of caution here is really the thing to do.

Get Dad out of bed with a call, and get on the phone to authorities. The suggestions made by these posters are sound advice. What can we do to help?
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »

After the first call, we thought she was still in Alabama...but now am not so sure. The guy just said that he took her to a truck stop and that she had been robbed. I believe that the guy who called her dad and eventually me is the same one who said he dropped her off at a truck stop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.