March 18, 2024, 08:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #658 7/15 - 7/17/2007  (Read 158280 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2007, 08:51:40 AM »

Morning All-

How sad is this for Lady Devon? I hope the LE will leap ahead with this for her, how awful to worry like this. How could LE not know GPS tracking is inherent with most new phones now? That frightens me if LE isn't aware of that, I pay monthly for roadside assistance via my kids's cell phones frankly for that service but also to know they surely can be tracked ! In fact when daughter's car broke down Cingular didn't want her location verbally, they told her they pinged it via the darn phone !

I pray they find her daughter soon, this does not sound good at all.

I wonder if the site hits are rising with the restoration of the old archives???

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2007, 09:01:15 AM »

Did any of you see old Dilbart posted the crashing of SM was not an accident? I hope Klaas captured that one, I feel sure she did but I always suspected the hackers were out in force during that period.  Rolling Eyes

BT - son started calling me by my first name when he turned 17, always when he wanted something, he would toss his arm around my shoulder and call me by my first name and I would  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

he got over it pretty quick, I just told him he couldn't work my system that way  Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Did any of you see old Dilbart posted the crashing of SM was not an accident? I hope Klaas captured that one, I feel sure she did but I always suspected the hackers were out in force during that period.  Rolling Eyes

BT - son started calling me by my first name when he turned 17, always when he wanted something, he would toss his arm around my shoulder and call me by my first name and I would  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

he got over it pretty quick, I just told him he couldn't work my system that way  Laughing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing Too funny about your son.

I Stand With The Girl
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »

Good Morning monkeys....

Lady Devon - I have nothing to add, the other monkeys have covered alot of bases, but I will offer prayers for your daughter being found safely.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

Quote from: "Lady Devon"
When she was younger, she had a serious drug problem so the police feel that she is just doing drugs and let the time get away from her. She has been drug free for six years and when before she left she was telling me how excited she was that her life was moving in a positive direction and that she was planning to return to college this fall.

Hello Mam  Jerry from Ohio here ,  Please allow me to offer up prayers for you and your daughter .
  Try to stay strong and NEVER NEVER give up !!  beleive me I know .
  Jerr
y

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Lady Devon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2007, 09:34:42 AM »

UPDATE!

Melody just called her friend in Tucson. She was crying and extremely upset and exhausted. She was robbed ...in Shreveport , LA. Two guys took her purse with her money and cell phone in it (they were the ones making the calls to us). When they tried to take her keys she put up a fight...the keys broke a part and the guys high tailed it out of there.  She is devastated because the money was to pay for an apartment, as far as I know at this moment she is in Los Cristos(?) New Mexico. She drove all night. Thank-you to all of you for your support , encouragement and prayers. I will update when I hear from her first hand. I think I will need to schedule a trip to Tucson just to be able to put my arms around her and say "I love you" It will be the most wonderful feeling in this world.

This is the reason I have supported Beth Twitty in her fight for Natalee. I have had a small taste of the fear and pain that she suffers on a daily basis.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »

(((HUGS))) to you Jerry.  I just read of what happened and wanted you to know how very sorry I am.  You are in my prayers.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:24 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Quote from: "*******"
If its jasper Alabama to Tucson Az that is like a 24 hr drive. 1600 miles no way could she have driven that fast..IMO

That is like me driving from Maine to Florida, Its 1600 miles for me to go from my house to my sisters.  Absolutely cannot be done in less than 23 hours!!   Even with 2 drivers going nonstop except to get gas and go pee.....NO WAY, not even when you are cruising along at 80mph through the Carolina's.

That's what struck me, would be very surprised if she would get to Tucson that fast. 800 mile drive is a load for one person, not a trucker mind you. Might get to west Texas. Keep us posted Devon and Godspeed she shows up quicly and safely.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

Regarding the upcoming search:

1)Isn't there a very deep area just about a half-mile or so
off the coast of Aruba?

This seems like a place local "boys" would know about and
could transport a body to.

Has this area ever been checked? I think it's near a sandbar
and the water starts to get very deep past the sandbar.
I could be wrong, but I remember reading about it.

2)Does Tim think that Natalee's body was actually put into the
cage, or that the cage was filled with rocks and used as a weight?

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »

UPDATE!

Melody just called her friend in Tucson. She was crying and extremely upset and exhausted. She was robbed ...in Shreveport , LA. Two guys took her purse with her money and cell phone in it (they were the ones making the calls to us). When they tried to take her keys she put up a fight...the keys broke a part and the guys high tailed it out of there.  She is devastated because the money was to pay for an apartment, as far as I know at this moment she is in Los Cristos(?) New Mexico. She drove all night. Thank-you to all of you for your support , encouragement and prayers. I will update when I hear from her first hand. I think I will need to schedule a trip to Tucson just to be able to put my arms around her and say "I love you" It will be the most wonderful feeling in this world.

This is the reason I have supported Beth Twitty in her fight for Natalee. I have had a small taste of the fear and pain that she suffers on a daily basis.

Thank The Lord she is okay! Great news she is found despite her trouble along the way.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »

UPDATE!

Wonderful News!  God is Good!  I am so glad to hear this!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2007, 09:44:19 AM »

LE has been notified and a missing person's report has been filed but police seemed to be more concerned with finding the car than the person (I guess because of her history and the fact that she is an adult and has free will to change her mind and go wherever she wants). I did not tell LE about her past...her father did. The report was filed by her father since the car still is in his name.

Thanks, San.....I think I can get photos to upload just don't have a way to
get them small enough for internet. I lost my photo editing software when my computer crashed and know that the pictures will blow the margins all the way to China and back!

Lady Devon - email me the photos and I'll post them and start the thread for you in the Missing Persons area.

Edited to add:  Just saw your update.  GREAT NEWS!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2007, 09:44:27 AM »

I am so relieved Lady Devon, it's a true blessing she is OK. I think people just do not realize how dangerous it is to travel alone anymore, particularly young women. You have to stop for gas so it's a real issue, trying to be safe. I know daughter and I were driving in the wee hours through AL and had to stop at about 1am, kuoka here at SM actually stayed on the phone with me to make sure we stayed safe. Ever since then I've told daughter and son to call someone on their phone if they must stop someplace 'iffy', so at least a potential robber will think twice that someone might overheard a crime in progress?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »

Quote from: "JusticeforNatalee"
Regarding the upcoming search:

1)Isn't there a very deep area just about a half-mile or so
off the coast of Aruba?

This seems like a place local "boys" would know about and
could transport a body to.

Has this area ever been checked? I think it's near a sandbar
and the water starts to get very deep past the sandbar.
I could be wrong, but I remember reading about it.

2)Does Tim think that Natalee's body was actually put into the
cage, or that the cage was filled with rocks and used as a weight?

Justice -

I know some of the barrier islands off our own US southeastern coast have the same type of situation, sandbars that create shallow waters for a quarter to a half mile, then steep drop-off's. I feel sure Tim's group will be charting all of those areas prior to the trip plus with the resources and more sophisticated sonar on those vessels they will likely be able to map the ocean floor readily.

I thought Tim stated he felt she was place in the cage with rocks inside to weight it down? Certainly it would have taken more than 2 people to hoist that over the side too.  Mad

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »

Good AM None and All
  Just checking  does LE stand for Law Enforcement ??  cant be sure different abbrivations are used differently in different parts of the country .
  also the hits will have to go up  just out of the news if nothing else curiousity seekers and Haters  from the dark side also  (sad to say )
   Keeping up the prayers here in between my own difficulities  but will still make time to help if I can .
   There is strength in friends  as we all so well know .
    keep well None and all    your friend Jerry

Morning All-

How sad is this for Lady Devon? I hope the LE will leap ahead with this for her, how awful to worry like this. How could LE not know GPS tracking is inherent with most new phones now? That frightens me if LE isn't aware of that, I pay monthly for roadside assistance via my kids's cell phones frankly for that service but also to know they surely can be tracked ! In fact when daughter's car broke down Cingular didn't want her location verbally, they told her they pinged it via the darn phone !

I pray they find her daughter soon, this does not sound good at all.

I wonder if the site hits are rising with the restoration of the old archives???
[

Old Jer from Ohio

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »

I am so relieved Lady Devon, it's a true blessing she is OK. I think people just do not realize how dangerous it is to travel alone anymore, particularly young women. You have to stop for gas so it's a real issue, trying to be safe. I know daughter and I were driving in the wee hours through AL and had to stop at about 1am, kuoka here at SM actually stayed on the phone with me to make sure we stayed safe. Ever since then I've told daughter and son to call someone on their phone if they must stop someplace 'iffy', so at least a potential robber will think twice that someone might overheard a crime in progress?

Good Morning Monks!...whew I started reading and  chills went up and down my spine......Lady...I am SO GLAD she is OK.....NONE...good advise about getting someone on the phone if you must stop late at night!

ALSO this was posted by Anna last night...but of course I couldn't reply today Embarassed ...so I am bringing it forward..

Sunny,

Thanks for asking! Son got bandages off Friday from the surgery and he only has a black eye from air bags most likely. His dad has two black eyes, a broken nose and thumb. Was one of those Lincoln SUV's so took a pretty good lick to total it.

But they will be fine and are going car shopping next week if son is able to walk again. He is practicing short distances this weekend.

Nice of you to notice and care, however. Thanks, again.

Anna I am so glad both son and father are OK...and thanks for updating us....They were certainly traveling with angels on their shoulders....as itr could have been so much worse...not that it wasn't bad enough Crying or Very sad

Ok...back to the last thread to catch up...TTYL....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »

Wonderful News!  God is Good!  I am so glad to hear this![/quote]          God  or our Higher power whichever you prefer to cal him or her is a GREAT GOD  Very mysterious often but still is GREAT !!  sending up smoke as a thank you for Lady Devons request for the safe return of her child .
  Jerry from Ohio

Quote from: Kimmy53
UPDATE!

Old Jer from Ohio

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »

Good morning y'all....

Lady Devon...
I just finished reading your story about your daughter and my heart is pounding. Thank God she is unharmed and has contacted you!

None, I guess being the overprotective Mrs. I never thought the crash wasn't planned... and unfortunately, I think there were so-called "friends" that helped that along... I mean ppl posting as monkeys or the old moderators... so I do hope that Klaas or you got that screen shot of Dilbert running his mouth....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2007, 10:10:38 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!  Haven't had much time lately to come by.  Hope everyone is ok.  Glad to hear that the deep water search is scheduled.  Maybe this will find Natalee!  Lady Devon, thrilled to hear your daughter is ok.  What a scary thing for her to be robbed and for you to not know where she was!  I have 3 girls of my own and would be frantic!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »

Oh no!  Looks like I am missing!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.