March 18, 2024, 08:04:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #658 7/15 - 7/17/2007  (Read 158278 times)
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2007, 07:09:46 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tiger"
Well,I think a guy a perv like joran doesn't quit,even in europe.He can't,it is in his blood,now.The pimps haven't quit,just new and younger prey.Koen was not questioned,his father gave the answers .

That's very strange about Koen, isn't it?

I know we were told Koen was never questioned, but the timesline says he was on 6/17, 6/18, 6/20 and again in August. On two of those dates Sanders was also questioned at the same time. We just don't have the statements.

In My Opinion
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2007, 07:19:56 PM »

Quote from: "*******"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "*******"
I went through all of americaninaruba posts last night. Two things interested me.1.She knows the Van Der Sloots.2.Van Der Straaten opened his mouth too soon to the dutch press.She knew the layout of the VDS property and its obvious she has been there. In another post she described Jorans Apt being 5 feet away from the main bldg and the layout of the property.

***NEWS****
Vander straten informed ppress dutch…of al information and informed them that the case has been solved, and will give less htan 24 hours to announce the result…and aparently theirs many police that are moving towards area of marriott hotel completely CLOSED no one is allowed they are searchign something either them or the dogs are searchign somethign or if Natalee is here….it iis not known what is happeneing

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:55 pm Post subject:

ok i have to say you guys have a totaly wrong view of the VDS social status...they have a small house nothgin big just a normal neighbor hood home, the pool is very recent about 3 months, they ahve 2 cars that are like 7 years old (in aruba people change cars every 4 to 5 years), none of the kids have their own cars, they are the cheapest poeple youll ver meet and i think the mother hasnt had new clothes since 2000 becuae ive seen her in the same thign since forever! they DO NOT have a yacht and much less a mansion! just do get our perspectives in place...oh and the HOnda belonged to the Kalpoe brothers, JORAN does NOT have a car! he cant even drive! you get your licnese at 18 here NOT 16

She is obviously a friend of the family.  I will never understand why Van der Straaten opened his mouth so quickly.  Was he getting ready to charge the security guards and this all blew up in his face.

You can't gamble and drink until your 18 but that did that stop Joran.  

Does anyone remember the article in which they found a whole in the ground where they could have possibly fit a body.  I believe it was in the Enquirer or Globe.  I wonder if this was near the Marriott.  I have to look through my old papers.

I think at that time he was ready to disclose the goods on JK2 as the security guards were out of the loop already. It looked like a slam dunk case but I think Rudy Croes stepped in at this point. Jan probably helped out Joran earlier in the year when he was accused of drugging and raping local girls. This would all come black and blow up in his face as he let Joran off the hook earlier so he is partly responsible to what happened to Natalee. Van Der Straaten knew what happened to NH and stayed for along time to make sure the case would have no evidence and was covered up to protect him,his best friend and his son.

I remember the whole found by TES as I believe it was a tip from a young boy. Not sure where that was located but Tim thinks that NH may have been buried there..

I feel Van der Straaten never was going to charge J2K.  I also feel Van der Straaten saw a dead Natalee.  Paulus involved Straaten.  I believe it was Van der Straaten who went to court to be put back on the case.  I find that very strange.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »

Anna somehow I missed reading about your weekend. Am glad everything turned out OK and the fireman had the goodness to take your son and the father home. It's like Mrs. Red's post on kindness.

Best to you,  IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: July 16, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "klaasend"

Well, they may not need any cooperation from Aruba if in international waters.  Also, Aruba would be foolish to attempt interferrance.

Good point!  Although, wouldn't be nice if they could for once do the right thing and be of assistance?  I mean, c'mon...isn't two plus years enough?  She needs to be found and laid to rest already!!

Hope everyone has been doing ok, btw...

I don't think ALE can do anything to help.  The ships (2), the personnel and equipment are very sophisticated.  There will be people that do their specific jobs.  They don't need ALE to assist them.  They need ALE to stay out of their way.

Everything is great!  Did you see we got back some of our old archives?  Go to the main forum and scroll down to the locked archive threads.

ALE would be utter fools to inject themselves into this search. The Aruba government gave the case to Holland after they realized they didn't have the stomach to prosecute their own. ALE are now the step-and-fetchits for KLPD.

Dompig had his chance to get some of the FBI premier deepwater boats in to search offshore and couldn't get up off his fat ass to give them approval. Or was somebody above Dompig calling the shots. I'll choose #2.

You are right Klass, ALE should just stay out of the way and let professionals do the job they could and should have done when they had the case.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #464 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Didn't they have some antique old system and the one you mention wi the "upgrade"?

I believe that is what either or both RU and Fob'ers explained it...not sure.
So many lies, so few hours in a day  Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:41 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

Heres a little something I can finally share with y'all - very soon you will start seeing the early stages of crash avoidance systems in the new vehicles.  There are some very impressive things going on right now with these systems, we have some things we are working on that will just knock your socks off (some very very small parts of these systems are already available in production - things such as lane departure warnings)   Its going to be several years yet before the full blown systems are available.  Some things are pending on the governments commitment - or lack of - to fund certain infrastucture that needs to be put in place.  There are other non-government entities also looking into providing the infrastructure needed for the full blown systems.

Blah - thanks for sharing this with us. It sounds very exciting! When you talk about "infrastructure," can you be more specific concerning what that means? TY

trying not to hijack the thread so I will put it very simply - think of very intelligent traffic signals capable of being able to tell that someone might not be able to stop for a red light so it warns the driver and/or vehicle.  If the light is not able to make the vehicle stop safley, it could warn and hold all of the other vehicles at the intersection until the out of control guy goes through, at which time it will probably automatically issue that guy a warning or a ticket if he has a record for running lights.

Think of your vehicle communicating to all of the other vehicles around it.  Think of outposts set up all over the place broadcasting weather conditions and data about the road surface to your vehicle so your vehicle can calculate safe speeds, maintain a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or be able to calculate an evasive manuever if a situation gets critical.  Your vehicle will actually be able to work out a plan with all of the other vehicles around you, notifying each other of the path they will take in the event they need to avoid a crash or obstacle.

Most of the time, these systems will be making adjustments to your driving behavior long before things get that critical, avoid the crash long before it becomes imminent.

anyhow, this is all just the tip of the iceberg.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2007, 07:29:40 PM »

trying not to hijack the thread so I will put it very simply - think of very intelligent traffic signals capable of being able to tell that someone might not be able to stop for a red light so it warns the driver and/or vehicle.  If the light is not able to make the vehicle stop safley, it could warn and hold all of the other vehicles at the intersection until the out of control guy goes through, at which time it will probably automatically issue that guy a warning or a ticket if he has a record for running lights.

Think of your vehicle communicating to all of the other vehicles around it.  Think of outposts set up all over the place broadcasting weather conditions and data about the road surface to your vehicle so your vehicle can calculate safe speeds, maintain a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or be able to calculate an evasive manuever if a situation gets critical.  Your vehicle will actually be able to work out a plan with all of the other vehicles around you, notifying each other of the path they will take in the event they need to avoid a crash or obstacle.

Most of the time, these systems will be making adjustments to your driving behavior long before things get that critical, avoid the crash long before it becomes imminent.

That is sooooooo cool! I hope it's not too many years  before all of this takes place. In our area, three interstate highways come together, and we get more than our share of terrible accidents. It would be so great for at least some of those to be prevented.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »

I feel Van der Straaten never was going to charge J2K.  I also feel Van der Straaten saw a dead Natalee.  Paulus involved Straaten.  I believe it was Van der Straaten who went to court to be put back on the case.  I find that very strange.

Oduber wanted Van der Straten removed from the case immediately but the police union bucked and kept him in regardless of the obvious conflict of interest. Ben King from the Aruba public ministry's office takes a vacation to help out his good pal Paulus and then another bosom buddy Judge Bob Wit shows up at the front door of the Van der Sloot residence to shut down the search.

My question is, did these idiots think nobody would get the connections?

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #468 on: July 16, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »

The possible grave site was in a remote area on the east side of the island. I believe Tim Miller took a look at it, he did say it looked like someone had dug an area there.

In My Opinion
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #469 on: July 16, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »

Spock wrote:

On June 17, 2005 around 11.15 the witness S.GOTTENBOS was more closely interrogated. The statement given in Dutch and sounds as follows;

On your question if I had contact with Joran on May 29, 2005, I tell you the following; I had telephone contact with Joran on May 29, 2005, this was around 11.00.

On your question about how the conversation went, I will tell you the following; The conversation went that I asked him if he wanted to go out on my fathers boat.

He said that he could not go because he was going to play poker at the Holiday Inn. There is tournament each Sunday in aforementioned hotel and Joran participates almost each week in that tournament.
On your question what kind of boat my father has, I will explain to you the following: It is a speedboat, of the make "Sea Pro".

And remember.......JORAN DOES NOT GO OUT ON BOATS because he gets sea sick  Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: July 16, 2007, 07:31:25 PM »

and certain dealers won't like these features Blah for they make their bigger money in the back-end and their body shops  Laughing

I hope they all get implemented, we need the safety features !

I do believe in Tim's interview he stated that the ALE was 'welcome to join us' but I think it might have been tongue-in-cheek but Tim's style is so laid back I thought it was gracious of him in light of how the ALE has worked against his best efforts  Wink

I continue to stand with the girl.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #471 on: July 16, 2007, 07:33:24 PM »

San

Shallow grave - "Texas EquuSearch" team received an in-person tip from an Aruban man who gave them a specific location on the north side of the island within “Arikok National Park” to search. When the team got there, about 100’ from the road they found an open 4’ deep and 6’ long hole that MILLER stated, “certainly looks like a grave site that was possibly dug up.” MILLER also said something “definitely was buried,” the hole was “manmade, remote, had easy access yet hard to see.” He described the 7-12 tipster as white, in his 20’s, 5’ 7”, and 140 pounds, with a dark complexion.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=255
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »

Yo Monkeys

Any word on the TES search lately??

I know you probably were answered already, but it's on the fp... http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/07/15/texas-equusearch-going-back-to-aruba-in-3-4-weeks-with-superior-offshore-international-to-search-for-natalee-holloway/

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: July 16, 2007, 07:35:12 PM »

That is sooooooo cool! I hope it's not too many years  before all of this takes place. In our area, three interstate highways come together, and we get more than our share of terrible accidents. It would be so great for at least some of those to be prevented.  Very Happy

there are already towns in this country and others set-up and being used for testing  Wink
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »

Been thinking about the Big Ships.  Don't you think these ships have done work all around those islands??  Maybe they already have all those "international" licenses needed.  Seems that lots of the overseas companies have contracted with them....and if not...with pipelines and fiberoptics, etc., I don't think any country would want to burn bridges...just in case they need the Big Boys...in the future.
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2007, 07:41:20 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
[sounds like someone had a wild weekend  Shocked

Not me, my son and his dad totaled the car driving to Emory in Atlanta for my son to have vascular surgery.  Air bags deployed causing facial trauma to both of them and broke the father's nose and thumb.  Heavy SUV so must have been something.  

A fireman took them on to the hospital and they went ahead with the surgery while the father was treated in the ER and then the fireman even took them home again.

But son is doing well and has bandages off and is walking around a little bit now so all are on the mend.  Yes, was quite a day they had but to reschedule was not going to work with son's school schedule so they did the right thing.

Just glad it's ov

Sorry to hear about that Anna!  Glad they are ok.  My sister has vascular disease and has had quite a few surgeries, I hope this is not the case with your son.

Regrets, I've had a few......
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Been thinking about the Big Ships.  Don't you think these ships have done work all around those islands??  Maybe they already have all those "international" licenses needed.  Seems that lots of the overseas companies have contracted with them....and if not...with pipelines and fiberoptics, etc., I don't think any country would want to burn bridges...just in case they need the Big Boys...in the future.

Good point Buckeye
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »

How is Angie today? Lurking and reading, I hope. Angie, hope your arm is getting better.  Smile
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:07 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"

Oduber wanted Van der Straten removed from the case immediately but the police union bucked and kept him in regardless of the obvious conflict of interest. Ben King from the Aruba public ministry's office takes a vacation to help out his good pal Paulus and then another bosom buddy Judge Bob Wit shows up at the front door of the Van der Sloot residence to shut down the search.

My question is, did these idiots think nobody would get the connections?

I think by the middle of June that Van Der Straaten did everything he could to help out Paulus and Joran. He gave them 10 days to get there stories straight and to get rid of all the evidence. He hired Dennis Jacobs to do all the dirty work but it wasnt enough. My opinion is that in his mind there were too many witnesses and circumstancial evidence and he would do whatever he could to make sure that Joran was commited to a mental institute and not a prison. I think he thought the evidence was overwelming and it all pointed right at JK2. I think someone stepped in like a Rudy Croes/Oduber to make sure this case never went forward and covered up what Van Der Straaten had no control of..MO

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: July 16, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »

On that shallow grave thing ...

At some point Tim said he thought they might have been sent on a wild goose chase, that the grave was some locals' idea of a good joke. He had stopped for gas one afternoon and a man came up to him and sent him to the grave location. Nothing was there, and all that was accomplished was that the TES focus was turned away from something else they were doing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.