March 28, 2024, 04:09:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #658 7/15 - 7/17/2007  (Read 158783 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #360 on: July 16, 2007, 11:27:06 AM »

MsDarthvada,

You added important info I omitted in my post regarding cya with police report for debit card, etc.  I thought of it, but didn't state it.  If it's in Lady Devon's X's name, then he'll be held accountable, unless he does so.  Guess that's his problem.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »

Lady  since I have been here at Sm's I have seen the Monkeys save a lot more then a few of our members as well as guests from losing their sanity or perspective  if you wish to call it that .
 We are and continue to be there for folks in time of trouble or confusion if you do not know where to turn this group is one of the best in my opinion , many smart talented folks have been called for many different reasons I am convinced that (and No offense to RED )  that a higher power is useing Scared Monkeys to help others ,
I  will not even try to name them all for fear of leaving someones  name  out
  But I cannot  go without mentioning Klaussend  she has truly been a Godsend for this group in helping make this form of communication possible,   KUDOS  Klauss "your one in a million" .

***********************************************                                                                                                                                    
Quote from: "Lady Devon"
Just got off the phone to Verizon....I was told that they cannot give any info about calls placed or accepted until the end of the billing cycle (that info is not accessible by them)which will be July 24. I told them they need to move into the 21st Century. My provider is T-Mobile and I get regular updates on their website. They said the only info accessible was the last time the phone was used which was 7:15 this morning
(when I called her number just to let that guy know I was still around!)

Her father says that she allowed this to happen...that no one would ever try to take anything from him...go figure! As I said before, he has not seen the side of society that I have...yes, it can happen to him...it just hasn't yet. No one is 100% safe these days.

None that is a great idea about calling someone when you have to stop when traveling. I travel a lot for cat shows (always alone) and never thought to do this. I will from now on. Thanks again you guys...sorry I had to take the thread off topic but you all saved my sanity.

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:20 AM »

Lady Devon; I am so happy to hear your daughter is ok.  She is so lucky to have you for a mother.  Too bad I can't say the same about her father; he sounds like he belongs on the other sites that have a tendency to blame the victim.  He needs a good dose of reality.  The world is a horrible place and, while we like to think everyone is as careing as we are, the truth is there are bad people out there.  You can never be sure what the person next to you is going to do and it is so sad that we can't even trust our own people anymore.  When you see your daughter, give her a big monkey hug and tell her she is loved by more people than she will ever know.  The monkeys care, they truely do, right from the cores of their hearts.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:37 AM »

Lady,D,I am happy that your daughter is ok.She didn't allow this.I have been lurking and watching,not much to say.To one,if you add meth to your diet,your teeth and weight aren't the only things you lose,you get a great new hairdo.And you can drive 800 miles at a time.But you will pay for it later.This is in jest,but the show Montana meth is very illuminating.We need to focus on what we know,not what the dark side says.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

Look Lady,vics don't go out and plan to be vics.That is joe pos defense.Hug her and celebrate her safety.Thank you MeMere,I am watching the weather now.We need to forget about chuck and the rats,they are scum.If aruba sues,let them name the companies,haha
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »

I know it is just me....but are the old 2005 threads somewhere special? I looked in the LCD archives and only see back to 2006? Please forgive me this
afterall it is a Monday morning.  Crying or Very sad  Wink

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
crazybabyborg
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »

UPDATE!

Melody just called her friend in Tucson. She was crying and extremely upset and exhausted. She was robbed ...in Shreveport , LA. Two guys took her purse with her money and cell phone in it (they were the ones making the calls to us). When they tried to take her keys she put up a fight...the keys broke a part and the guys high tailed it out of there.  She is devastated because the money was to pay for an apartment, as far as I know at this moment she is in Los Cristos(?) New Mexico. She drove all night. Thank-you to all of you for your support , encouragement and prayers. I will update when I hear from her first hand. I think I will need to schedule a trip to Tucson just to be able to put my arms around her and say "I love you" It will be the most wonderful feeling in this world.

This is the reason I have supported Beth Twitty in her fight for Natalee. I have had a small taste of the fear and pain that she suffers on a daily basis.

Was back reading and just got to here.............THANK GOD she's alright!!!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
I know it is just me....but are the old 2005 threads somewhere special? I looked in the LCD archives and only see back to 2006? Please forgive me this

Hit the link that says Scared Monkeys Discussion Forum Forum Index and look toward the bottom.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »

My daughter had her phone stolen.  She reported it immediately.  I talked to Verizon the next day and they had taken care of everything.  Present phone has insurance on it.  I don't have it on my phone but I certainly have it on the daughter's phone.   Rolling Eyes

Sometimes the level of service is contingent on the intellegiance level of the person handling your call.  

"May I speak to your supervisor?"  cuts thru a lotta crap for me.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2007, 11:45:44 AM »

BB, scroll down a little further on the Scared Monkeys Discussion Forum Index... Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

BB, scroll down a little further on the Scared Monkeys Discussion Forum Index... Wink

Oh I see thanks 2NJ and MrsR .

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2007, 11:52:43 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
MsDarthvada,

You added important info I omitted in my post regarding cya with police report for debit card, etc.  I thought of it, but didn't state it.  If it's in Lady Devon's X's name, then he'll be held accountable, unless he does so.  Guess that's his problem.

Yup, it would be his problem Wink

Maine, born and raised!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »

klaas - I saw the Diario article about the Jolly Roger. There were nearly 40 people (mostly tourists) on board when it overturned. Many are claiming losses such as cash, cameras, credit cards, and passports.

I forget the $$ figure mentioned, but it's an estimate of what all of that might wind up costing ... and of course the claimants have to produce some kind of "proof" of the loss.

Lots of inconvenience involved, too. Folks carry with them the kind of stuff they don't want to leave in the room, and of course credit card(s) ...

Mrs. Red had a good comment - Aruba will claim the tourists capsized the ship for the insurance money!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

UPDATE!

Melody just called her friend in Tucson. She was crying and extremely upset and exhausted. She was robbed ...in Shreveport , LA. Two guys took her purse with her money and cell phone in it (they were the ones making the calls to us). When they tried to take her keys she put up a fight...the keys broke a part and the guys high tailed it out of there.  She is devastated because the money was to pay for an apartment, as far as I know at this moment she is in Los Cristos(?) New Mexico. She drove all night. Thank-you to all of you for your support , encouragement and prayers. I will update when I hear from her first hand. I think I will need to schedule a trip to Tucson just to be able to put my arms around her and say "I love you" It will be the most wonderful feeling in this world.

This is the reason I have supported Beth Twitty in her fight for Natalee. I have had a small taste of the fear and pain that she suffers on a daily basis.

This is Great News, Lady Devon! I'm glad she is ok despite what she had to endure so far.
Roos~

greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2007, 12:54:14 PM »

Good morning/afternoon all

Has anyone heard from Angie?I read she's having a problem with her arm and hand,hope she's doing ok..and so glad Lady Devon has heard from her daughter too.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #375 on: July 16, 2007, 01:19:03 PM »

Hi monkeys.  I am behind today, but just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone can figure this one out...I have my own suspicions, but then I am a suspicious person. LOL

chloe2
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject:    

Meanwhile, police brought in yet another man for questioning Friday night, FOX News has learned. The man, Max Arends, who is also a friend of van der Sloot, is not a suspect in the case and has not been arrested.

I just read this -- could this be the person everyone thinks was arrested tonight?

nancy_drew
Monkey Junkey

Location: Colorado      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:    

It appears Max Arends is/was a student at Joran's school. Interestingly there is also a "Mrs. Croes" listed in the school newsletter. But, we know the name is like "Smith/Jones" here.

chloe2
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:    

DT wrote:
Fox is reporting that a friend of creus was questioned and released.

It's Max Arends - referred to above. Valencia Community College is in Orlando, FL.

I have been under the impression that this is the alibi for Lorenzo?  Am I wrong on this?  I have missed the connection to Joran and Steve Croes all this time.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: July 16, 2007, 01:56:24 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Hi monkeys.  I am behind today, but just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone can figure this one out...I have my own suspicions, but then I am a suspicious person. LOL

chloe2
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject:    

Meanwhile, police brought in yet another man for questioning Friday night, FOX News has learned. The man, Max Arends, who is also a friend of van der Sloot, is not a suspect in the case and has not been arrested.

I just read this -- could this be the person everyone thinks was arrested tonight?

nancy_drew
Monkey Junkey

Location: Colorado      Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject:    

It appears Max Arends is/was a student at Joran's school. Interestingly there is also a "Mrs. Croes" listed in the school newsletter. But, we know the name is like "Smith/Jones" here.

chloe2
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:    

DT wrote:
Fox is reporting that a friend of creus was questioned and released.

It's Max Arends - referred to above. Valencia Community College is in Orlando, FL.

I have been under the impression that this is the alibi for Lorenzo?  Am I wrong on this?  I have missed the connection to Joran and Steve Croes all this time.

I was under the same impression Lala's.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: July 16, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »

Remember there are two Max Ahrends.  This would appear to be the wrong one.  This one was in Florida at school and is rumored to be the nephew of Jossy.  It was the older race car driver one who was the alibi.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
UPDATE!

Was back reading and just got to here.............THANK GOD she's alright!!!

Lady V, so sorry t hear about your daughter's robbery & your troubles.  So glad that she is OK physically.  Being robbed is so invasive, it almost feels like rape.  Be kind & gentle & give her plenty of time to get over this.  I will pray for her and for your family.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
My daughter had her phone stolen.  She reported it immediately.  I talked to Verizon the next day and they had taken care of everything.  Present phone has insurance on it.  I don't have it on my phone but I certainly have it on the daughter's phone.   Rolling Eyes

Sometimes the level of service is contingent on the intellegiance level of the person handling your call.  

"May I speak to your supervisor?"  cuts thru a lotta crap for me.

Same for me - I am notorious for asking for the supervisor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.