April 26, 2024, 05:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123758 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Does anyone remember a discussion about Natalee making a drug run for some in the MB group?  I don't remember if it was here, or brought here from Dan's...If so, could that have been part of this earlier in the week business?  Guess I could go back and dig in the archives for that, too.  Wink

Yes..I can't remember where either, but I have seen it several times and it is the most ridiculous thing I have read (well, almost). SEND NATALEE all alone to score drugs for her MB friends..in a foreign land??? HAHAHAHA!LMFFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOW EFFIN stupid is that!! How anyone expected any of us to believe that is beyond comprehension. These peeps just crack me up.

Just want to be clear...I don't believe it, but was trying to tie in all these things somehow, even by the date of the post....can't find it, anyway.   Sad

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »

Leslie -  I guess I just have a different opinion. In the winter my son has lots of hair and in the summer he's a skinhead too? I actually think it is him but it's not important enough for further discussion. Lorenzo draws enough fire as it is  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Forgive me if Klaas posted it recently, I don't recall seeing it but here it is, I can make it larger but just didn't want to blow the margins

Oh dear. This is the pix that launched a thousand leg counts.

Laughing  Laughing  I remember that well!

Good Morning Monkeys!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2007, 10:41:25 AM »

I guess we should do a photo comparison between the walking hairy Lorenzo and the arrested (for drugs) skinhead Lorenzo who is clearly indentified as Lorenzo van Rijn (after being called van Gijn, etc.)  
I don't think these two men have the same body or style of clothing.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »

...and does walking Lorenzo look like the man behind the wheel of the Earthquake van?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »

I think it's too hard to tell:

No good way to compare the "walking" Lorenzo to the van photo.  Here's a comparison of the real Lorenzo to the van photo:

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

[

[/quote]

I never realized this picture was taken on the VDS compound.  How strange is that??  I thought it was taken on a beach somewhere.  Who is that walking with him?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2007, 10:52:26 AM »

AZsunny - it wasn't taken at the VDS compound.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »

Shocked I see similarities now - the ear, the hairline, the creases around the mouth, the stooped stance.  It just might be the same guy.  Thanks... Oh Great One...  Klaas. Laughing

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »

oh no AZ it was NOT taken on the VDS compound, I speculated that from memory but MsVada confirmed it was at Astrid's home - his mother?

sorry for creating any confusion ....

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2007, 10:55:03 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Shocked I see similarities now - the ear, the hairline, the creases around the mouth, the stooped stance.  It just might be the same guy.  Thanks... Oh Great One...  Klaas. Laughing

thanks Leslie, I do think the hairline matches and I looking at his shoulders in the arrest photos, he's not a tiny person  Confused he has a larger frame just like Joran

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2007, 10:57:32 AM »

oh no AZ it was NOT taken on the VDS compound, I speculated that from memory but MsVada confirmed it was at Astrid's home - his mother?

sorry for creating any confusion ....

Nones,  I can only tell you that the poster Florida was the one who said it was Astrid's house,  I don't know that as a fact.  

I have no idea who he's walking with, but I thought  I read that Astrid was a blonde?

Maine, born and raised!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Forgive me if Klaas posted it recently, I don't recall seeing it but here it is, I can make it larger but just didn't want to blow the margins

Yes we've seen this and it is Lorenzo walking with 3 others (sorry Lala's) I distinctly see, but we spent a night or two arguing about it.

OMG!!! Not again...it's not another person...just ask Klaas.  It's a leg from Lorenzo.  LOL  

Morning everyone.  BTW I did not say that Selena WAS Tylergal...I said she sounds like Tylergal.  Trust me on this one...just once please.  It's not Tylergal...but this person is very smart like her.  I can see I will need more pencils today.  Rolling Eyes
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »

That is NOT Astrid is the photo but the other man could be Charles August Croes - makes you go HMMMmmmm.  Astrid is a petite blonde.
(With all that van Rijn money - couldn't they fix their only son's ears?)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"
Does anyone remember a discussion about Natalee making a drug run for some in the MB group?  I don't remember if it was here, or brought here from Dan's...If so, could that have been part of this earlier in the week business?  Guess I could go back and dig in the archives for that, too.  Wink

Yes..I can't remember where either, but I have seen it several times and it is the most ridiculous thing I have read (well, almost). SEND NATALEE all alone to score drugs for her MB friends..in a foreign land??? HAHAHAHA!LMFFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOW EFFIN stupid is that!! How anyone expected any of us to believe that is beyond comprehension. These peeps just crack me up.

Just want to be clear...I don't believe it, but was trying to tie in all these things somehow, even by the date of the post....can't find it, anyway.   Sad

Oh we know that!! Not to fear.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2007, 11:05:41 AM »

The woman in the photo is NOT Astrid.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
AZsunny - it wasn't taken at the VDS compound.

OK thanks, I was behind as usual.   I think it is him, it looks very similar to me.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »

Jul 18, 7:07 AM EDT

Trying Process for Families of Missing

By MARCUS FRANKLIN
Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Two days after their daughter disappeared during a trip to the Miami area, Steve and Sylvia Henry left their New York home for Florida in search of answers. That was seven weeks ago.

Bills quickly piled up, forcing Steve Henry to return to New York to his job building transit trains. His wife stayed behind in Florida to look for Stepha, 22.

"I don't want to think the worst," Steve Henry said. "I want my daughter alive. I don't entertain a thought to say the worst happened to her because I want her back home alive.

"We have to go through this each day," he went on. "It's hard. Very, very hard."

Their experience echoes those of families elsewhere dealing with the endless questions about what happened to their missing loved ones. But the anxiety often goes beyond the grief typically associated with such tragedies.

In the case of the Henrys, Sylvia had to put her bank job in New York on hold while she helps with the search. She lives more than 1,000 miles apart from her husband and their other daughter. Her day consists of handing out fliers, praying and reading the Bible and talking to news media and police.

There's also the financial burden of committing so much effort to finding a missing loved one.

Dave Holloway estimates his family spent nearly $15,000 the week his daughter Natalee disappeared during a 2005 high school graduation trip to Aruba. His first cell phone bill after her disappearance was $2,500, although the cell phone company reduced it to about $1,600.

The family has spent tens of thousands of dollars for lawyers on unsuccessful wrongful death lawsuits against suspects. Although police arrested several men early in the case, including three with whom Natalee was last seen leaving a bar, they were released.

There's also the emotional toll. Holloway said he no longer hunts, or swims or tinkers in the yard as much as he did before his daughter's disappearance.

"You get up thinking about it in the morning. It enters your mind all day long until you go to bed at night," Holloway said. "There's not an hour that goes by that it doesn't cross your mind. You think maybe today will be the day."

Although Natalee Holloway's disappearance received much more attention than Stepha Henry's, there are similarities.

Both disappeared during a Memorial Day weekend. Both were to have caught a plane home the day they disappeared, and both were packed and ready to go. Henry and her 16-year-old sister, Shola, were visiting relatives for the holiday.

Stepha was last seen at her relatives' home getting into a black sedan with a man. She spoke to her mother on the phone that night, saying she was going to a nightclub. She was seen in a promotional video taken at the club that night.

"I knew that something was wrong because of the expression on her face," Steve Henry said of the video. "She wasn't happy about something. But I can't say what it is. This is why I'm so eager to find out what happened to my daughter."

Across the United States, tens of thousands of families are coping with the disappearance of a relative. There are nearly 51,000 active cases of missing adults, according to the National Center for Missing Adults. For children, about 2,200 are reported missing a year, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children said.

Their families deal with the pain in many ways.

John Walsh, whose 6-year-old son disappeared from a Florida mall in 1981 two weeks before his head was discovered, has made a career of child-protection advocacy and as host of the TV show "America's Most Wanted."

"The not knowing drives you crazy," Walsh said. "If your child is murdered and the remains are found, that ends that chapter in your life. The not knowing is the really, really horrible torture."

The rest of Adam Walsh's remains were never recovered, and no one was ever charged in the case. "It's like a mortal wound that scabs over but never heals," John Walsh said.

Beth Holloway, Natalee's mother, is writing a book about her ordeal.

This fall, HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins, will publish "Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith."

Dave Holloway said he sometimes spends hours on the phone at his insurance office in Mississippi pursuing tips or leads in the case. But he can't allow himself to be totally consumed by it.

"You have to go back to work and take care of your family and all the other things before this happened," said Holloway, who divorced Beth long before Natalee's disappearance and is remarried.

When Steve Henry thinks about his missing daughter, he said he misses the sisterly bickering over clothes that once filled his home as he tried to watch television. Now, he said, the home is eerily quiet: Shola doesn't say much or venture into her sister's room, and her mother is in Florida looking for answers.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »

Good morning.  
Working and lurking as usual.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning.  
Working and lurking as usual.

Good morning, peaches.....I am trying to behave....I think I am
in Lala's book.... Shocked

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.