March 28, 2024, 02:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123352 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #760 on: July 19, 2007, 10:21:01 AM »

msmarple- Guam is a territory also, yet I don't think many consider that more than a military base.

And I seriously doubt that anyone considers Guamamians (LOL) to be Americans.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Sounds like Julia's crap has made it to Fox....

Something like - STARTLING NEW TWIST IN THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE -TONIGHT WITH WHORELDO

[/i]

Sounds like another one of those Fox exclusives that the rest of the world has known about for months.   Twisted Evil
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
msmarples- my father owned hotels and he sent me to Cornell's summer program for two summers, he was praying I would like that industry and come work for him post college. I did not choose that path but I can also tell you it is the standard for those in hospitality, but it also does not require rocket scientist brains to gain entry into that program.

It also isn't a field the 'top students' in our nation often pursue for the hours and the demands are so great - worse than consulting  Laughing

There's definitely a paradox about the hospitality industry. Most people (even those IN the business) say that it's a sleazy business. And yet, it's the "hospitality" industry ... it is a field that requires a lot of labor, very demanding.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »

Just posted on the front page of SM:

Mohican

I perceive that this move could only mean one of two things:

• Pesquera’s contract was not renewed, because his Meet Aruba program was a flop.

• Pesquera knows that with Aruba’s present situation, the possibilities of palpable success are deam for him, so it’s time to pick up and leave.

Either way, he failed.

Jul 19, 10:02 AM
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: July 19, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I wonder who Aruba is considering as a replacement for the guy.

some ass named Croes.

Renfro is probably salivating over that possibility.  She can lie with the best of them and has probably spent at least one night in most of the hotels.   Cool
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #765 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:02 AM »

O/T

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair

All across the nation such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People in motion people in motion

For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco

If you come to San Francisco
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: July 19, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Mrs. Red - the guy is Puerto Rican and is in fact an American citizen. Attended school in Maryland and graduated from Cornell with a degree in hotel/travel/restaurant management. (I am not familiar with what those degree programs - but Cornell is THE leading degree program for the hospitality industry.)

Puerto Rico is a US territory ...

I'm behind, but that is the first thing I thought of:

"Jorge Pasquera" is DUTCH?!?!?!?!? Shocked  Smile  Very Happy  Razz

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: July 19, 2007, 10:38:13 AM »

Something like - STARTLING NEW TWIST IN THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE -TONIGHT WITH WHORELDO

[/i]

Sounds like another one of those Fox exclusives that the rest of the world has known about for months.   Twisted Evil

I posted on this a little earlier... Geraldo will be on BOR discussing the new twist... I think so far, FOX has been pro family on this one... they have said more than once that it was bunk.... but I personally think BOR doesn't really like women so it will remain to be seen ...mysogisnist is the term that comes to mind.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "msmarple"
Mrs. Red - the guy is Puerto Rican and is in fact an American citizen. Attended school in Maryland and graduated from Cornell with a degree in hotel/travel/restaurant management. (I am not familiar with what those degree programs - but Cornell is THE leading degree program for the hospitality industry.)

Puerto Rico is a US territory ...

Ms. Marple now that you say that, I remembered!  Sorry...  Embarassed  I know that PR is and American territory.. the so called 51st state??

Anyway, I do know that the information was forwarded to the family. I don't know what happened after that... and I thought Red did post it on the fp... it's certainly there today... in fact he asked PB if John Mark Karr was up for the children's welfare position....

ms. marple I wanted you to see that I answered you...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: July 19, 2007, 10:44:06 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

[/i]

I posted on this a little earlier... Geraldo will be on BOR discussing the new twist... I think so far, FOX has been pro family on this one... they have said more than once that it was bunk.... but I personally think BOR doesn't really like women so it will remain to be seen ...mysogisnist is the term that comes to mind.

Only a fool would read that Amigoe article and believe that the FBI, Condoleeza Rice and Dick Cheney were some how interfering in Aruba's investigation, or lack there of.

This BOR thing will probably be just a generalization about young women disappearing unless the government angle got BOR's attention.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: July 19, 2007, 10:44:16 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"

"Jorge Pasquera" is DUTCH?!?!?!?!? Shocked  Smile  Very Happy  Razz

Puerto Rican
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: July 19, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »

NativeLingo

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

writenow wrote:
Hi NativeLingo! Welcome back!

Hey, I had just asked if someone from Aruba was on. Is it possible Lorenzo's last name is van Gijn instead of van Rijn?

I don't know writenow, I've heard about the guy, but I don't know the lastname....
Like I posted yesterday, this guy "Lorenzo" was the first person that I heard that was related to the case from the very beginning....
He's a little psycho from what I hear....
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: July 19, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »

KLAAS - will you email me?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »

I will have to see what they have come up with...I would love for BOR to know that PB just hired Jorge to add to whatever else they have to say... I think that I am going to email that little info now and ask how anyone is looking out for us when this kind of garbage is allowed to go on.... so what if nothing comes of it, I tried at least... ya know?/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: July 19, 2007, 10:49:06 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
KLAAS - will you email me?

I've got so many email addresses now I'll never find yours.  Email me at smklaasend@hotmail.com

If you are asking about the "redo" of your threads, if you post the new, I'll replace the old with the new for you.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »

I sent BOR the Amigoe article and the video as soon as they were aired.  That was weeks ago.  Maybe numbers would get their attention.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »

arubagirl
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About scholarship to UCF. Every Aruban gets a scholarship to get in-state tuition (which makes school 4 times cheaper) if he / she can keep up a 3.0 GPA.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »

WOW Klaas, that's a huge incentive at UCF  Shocked for non-US residents??

That just means UCF is culling the tax credits available by upping their diversity ratio  Rolling Eyes

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #778 on: July 19, 2007, 10:58:58 AM »

oh and the federal grants and loans and additional monies for educational institutions that high diversity ratios can qualify UCF for !!  Rolling Eyes

glad to know we're funding Arubans to attend college here for equal in-state tuition we can pay to send our own children ?  Mad

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: July 19, 2007, 11:00:10 AM »

I sent BOR the Amigoe article and the video as soon as they were aired.  That was weeks ago.  Maybe numbers would get their attention.

I agree Easy, they actually do read email and also the day of broadcasts, so numbers is a very good idea

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.