April 19, 2024, 09:41:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123657 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: July 19, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
msmarples- my father owned hotels and he sent me to Cornell's summer program for two summers, he was praying I would like that industry and come work for him post college. I did not choose that path but I can also tell you it is the standard for those in hospitality, but it also does not require rocket scientist brains to gain entry into that program.

It also isn't a field the 'top students' in our nation often pursue for the hours and the demands are so great - worse than consulting  Laughing

There's definitely a paradox about the hospitality industry. Most people (even those IN the business) say that it's a sleazy business. And yet, it's the "hospitality" industry ... it is a field that requires a lot of labor, very demanding.

msmarples-

This will likely be an unpopular comment but......the main reason I did not go into the hotel biz was because at the tender ages of 19 and 20, the other hotel managers I met at Cornell for the summer program were often just as sleazy as one could imagine. In fact I had to complain about several who were married, who banged on my door at night often, begging to be let in? I would have died first......at the time it was very traumatic for me too, to feel 'hunted' by those idiots.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: July 19, 2007, 11:03:22 AM »

NativeLingo

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I heard they are treating the 3 suspects, combined with their age, etc. They should have cracked by now, unless:

1. They are innocent
2. They are guilty, but have been coached well...afterall there is NO body....
3. They are very affraid of someone (not the law)

Question is...which of the 3??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: July 19, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

NativeLingo

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way this Renee guy was killed today was not ordinary...It was a message......
QUestion ....is to whom????
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #783 on: July 19, 2007, 11:17:10 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Rob"
Sounds like Julia's crap has made it to Fox....

Something like - STARTLING NEW TWIST IN THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY CASE -TONIGHT WITH WHORELDO

[/i]

Sounds like another one of those Fox exclusives that the rest of the world has known about for months.   Twisted Evil

Yeppers, I am sure of it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »

msmarple- Guam is a territory also, yet I don't think many consider that more than a military base.

And I seriously doubt that anyone considers Guamamians (LOL) to be Americans.

Had "something bad happened" to Natalee at --

American Samoa
Federated States of Micronesia
Guam
Midway Islands
Puerto Rico
U.S. Virgin Islands

-- I am pretty sure the F.B.I. would have handled the investigation and we wouldn't be here today ...

Regardless of who likes what, they are U.S. citizens - they send delegates to the political conventions, they vote, they pay taxes, are subject to U.S. federal laws, and were required to set up local constitutions and governments similar to U.S. states.

I *think* the MB graduating class went to U.S. Virgin Islands in 2006; I don't know about 2007.

Having said that, my reaction to this West Palm Beach situation is based solely on what I believe was AHTA's participation in the disinformation campaign, and the trash-the-victim (and her family) strategy.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: July 19, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »

richandfamous

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: red herring    

Hello, new here. Been reading Scared Monkeys since Natalie went missing. So sad. Kids aren't safe anyplace these days. I'm starting to sound like my mother...eek!

My thoughts: All these rumors and leaks are just a red herring and staged by the powers that be in Aruba to take the perception of Natalie being alive and in another country. If they have it their way...Natalie will never be found but there will always be the idea that she is alive and someplace else and that takes the heat off Aruba. I believe she was with the three boys and something went wrong and she ended up dead. Now they are covering their a$$ and so are the officials. That is the simplest scenario and the one that fits.
Sad for her family and friends.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #786 on: July 19, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Ms. Marple now that you say that, I remembered!  Sorry...  Embarassed  I know that PR is and American territory.. the so called 51st state??

Anyway, I do know that the information was forwarded to the family. I don't know what happened after that... and I thought Red did post it on the fp... it's certainly there today... in fact he asked PB if John Mark Karr was up for the children's welfare position....

That's sort of the perplexing part Mrs R.

The 'so called 51st' state that continually and consistently votes against really becoming the 51st state.  Confused

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: July 19, 2007, 11:24:42 AM »

Mrs. Red - Yes, I did see your post.  Wink

But I do think today's FP article is too late. Sounds like the offer has been made. If WPB rescinds the offer, they'll probably have to pay him some big bucks, or get sued, or something.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: July 19, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NativeLingo

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:      

The way I heard they are treating the 3 suspects, combined with their age, etc. They should have cracked by now, unless:

1. They are innocent
2. They are guilty, but have been coached well...afterall there is NO body....
3. They are very affraid of someone (not the law)

Question is...which of the 3??

well I'll bite  Laughing

NOT #1  Exclamation

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: July 19, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »

klaasend
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject:      

Rob wrote:
papa vd sloot appears at least to me.. to be someone who would go to any length to protect joran.. anyone else got that impression...?

I think the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: July 19, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »

medleyrelay

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject:      

Everyone that is ever dealing with the police in any country whether they are innocent or guilty should LAWYER UP!! From some very personal experience of family and friends - I have seen first hand how manipulative, disengenuious and unethical some police can be - it would be nice to think that you can trust the police - but it is not necessarily true and anyone in any potential dangerous situation should always lawyer up!

Who knows whether Joran and the brothers are telling the truth - since we have no idea what anyone is saying at all - we should all sit back and go with innocent til proven guilty - this whole case seems like it is much bigger than these 3 young men and they might vrey well be fearing for their lives!

No doubt  Laughing  Laughing
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: July 19, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »

KLAAS - you have mail
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: July 19, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
OK, last names it is and with the "S" for vd Sloot. Thanks.

Should I do "van der STRAATEN, Jan, "

or "STRAATEN, Jan van der"?

Highlighted in Red is my choice.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: July 19, 2007, 11:48:04 AM »

Quote from: "San"
OK, last names it is and with the "S" for vd Sloot. Thanks.

Should I do "van der STRAATEN, Jan, "

or "STRAATEN, Jan van der"?

Highlighted in Red is my choice.

SunFreak - that's another example. The "van der" (or whatever preposition & adjective) should not be the basis of an alpha listing. Use the LAST PART of the name. I remember "discovering" this when I looked up names in the Aruba phone book. Just something I had not run across before.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #794 on: July 19, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »

Whether or not the FP post is too late or not. I have to agree with what Mrs Red indicated may have been Red's intention ~ not to give these cretins anymore attention...

Don't know if that was Red thinking, but it makes sense to moi...

After two years Google is doing a lot of the work now for us.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: July 19, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »

O/T again, so sorry will be brief.

BHAMWHINYMOM - you obviously do not 'get it' yet. I never made any such post about leaving my children anywhere or anytime. Keep it up and you'll be drawn into actions regarding this as well. Either you cannot read or you don't know how to use a search feature -  go home if you cannot and keep your fingers off the board regarding me or any such outlandish accusations.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: July 19, 2007, 12:01:37 PM »

Quote from: Rob
Whether or not the FP post is too late or not. I have to agree with what Mrs Red indicated may have been Red's intention ~ not to give these cretins anymore attention...

After two years Google is doing a lot of the work now for us.[/quote

I have to agree with Easy as well about numbers... I think BOR show get an inbox full of the FP article... i know they won't say where the info comes from but I would like to know who is looking out for us when people who participated in covering up a crime are allowed to get a lucrative job..... I have done my part. Wink

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #797 on: July 19, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
O/T again, so sorry will be brief.

BHAMWHINYMOM - you obviously do not 'get it' yet. I never made any such post about leaving my children anywhere or anytime. Keep it up and you'll be drawn into actions regarding this as well. Either you cannot read or you don't know how to use a search feature -  go home if you cannot and keep your fingers off the board regarding me or any such outlandish accusations.

not only is comprehension in short supply on some sites... but so is the ability to plain ole read.

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »

Professor
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject:      

I posted this two hours agao:

Here's some cold, hard logic about Paulus Van der Sloot.

We know that he has helped his son "lawyer-up." Thus, we know that he isn't telling his son to come clean with what he knows about the disappearance of NH.

That leads to three possibilities:

1. He knows that NH is dead, and he is just trying to help his son beat the rap.

2. He knows his son is innocent. (Not credible. Because then there would be no reason to stonewall, or to give false stories and then to change them.)

3. He believes that NH is still alive, but he doesn't care if she is ever found.

But now I am adding alternative #4.

4. He was involved in a cover-up, or in the disposal of evidence, and so he is not just protecting his son's skin, but his own as well.

Take your pick. But under NONE of these scenarios does he come out as a loving father, driven solely by honorable motives. So, we can put that notion to bed for good.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #799 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »

Quote from: mrs. red

After two years Google is doing a lot of the work now for us.[/quote

I have to agree with Easy as well about numbers... I think BOR show get an inbox full of the FP article... i know they won't say where the info comes from but I would like to know who is looking out for us when people who participated in covering up a crime are allowed to get a lucrative job..... I have done my part. Wink

my point, and I think it was your's also - it's a fine balancing act when you have a site like SM... you can't always second guess yourself.   Wink

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.