April 17, 2024, 08:03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123643 times)
BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #820 on: July 19, 2007, 12:39:34 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Rob"
Speaking of emails... NIKE is releasing a MVICK shoe.. I feel the need to write them as well... I guess I need practice writing today.

a good name for that shoe would be THE ELECTRIC DOG BONE.

rob ... that's terrible. Crying or Very sad   I am so incensed over what he did and they are reporting it's big business in urban areas.. Lord forgive us because we are failing our children.

I agree, Mrs. Red. I cannot imagine the attraction of dog fighting for Michael Vick--it isn't as if he needs the money. My husband says he must like the violence, which is sick.

I believe if you do something cruel and heinous like dogfighting (or domestic violence, drug crimes--anything against the law), you should be kicked off the team. There are enough good athletes who would LOVE to take Vick's job. I know the arguement is that the quality of the game would suffer, but if there were a zero tolerance policy in professional sports, I believe the best athletes would rise to the occasion and follow the rules.

The thing I like about sports on a Little League, high school, and sometimes college level is that there's a moral authroity--break the rules and you're off the team. It seems that, on those levels, coaches are often  the only respected moral authority anymore, the only people who can declare some behavior unacceptable. I say what applies to pee wee football should apply to the NFL.

Sorry.../rant.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: July 19, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »

BKy.... sadly enough the people that think the game will suffer in this case are oh so wrong...

look at the turmoil Vick brought to that team, he got the coach fired, has alienated a lot of Falcon fans... just can't act human - maybe because he isn't??

The other thing that bothers me is in every case we read about the younger of the predators started out by killing and harming animals... therefore, no life is scared to them... so is this where it is beginning the evil we see?  Look at teens in FL that beat the homeless man, the teens that stole the scooter of the older woman that was reported today... etc... I mean they were reporting that it's a very popular "sport" in urban (read GANG INFESTED) areas... and I did a paper for urban geography back in college on gangs.. shocking stuff... Wish I still had the paper i would print it here for y'all to read...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: July 19, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »

Ok.. I know the whole VICk thing is upsetting some people and I don't mean to upset anyone... I just am so upset about it.. and feel helpless because nothing can be done to save those poor dogs ...

but I must drag myself to do actual work...

talk to y'all later...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: July 19, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »

just wanted to say hi to mrs. red and rob.....

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: July 19, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"

hey sweetie.... what's shakin' ??

BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #825 on: July 19, 2007, 12:51:24 PM »

BKy.... sadly enough the people that think the game will suffer in this case are oh so wrong...

look at the turmoil Vick brought to that team, he got the coach fired, has alienated a lot of Falcon fans... just can't act human - maybe because he isn't??

The other thing that bothers me is in every case we read about the younger of the predators started out by killing and harming animals... therefore, no life is scared to them... so is this where it is beginning the evil we see?  Look at teens in FL that beat the homeless man, the teens that stole the scooter of the older woman that was reported today... etc... I mean they were reporting that it's a very popular "sport" in urban (read GANG INFESTED) areas... and I did a paper for urban geography back in college on gangs.. shocking stuff... Wish I still had the paper i would print it here for y'all to read...

I wish I could read it, too, Mrs. Red--gang activity fascinates me. (There's an interesting chapter about gang operations and heirarchy in Steven Leavitt's Freakonomics).

I think there's a general lack of respect for life in this country and it's getting worse all the time. I want to believe there are other people like me, who respect the lives and dignity of children (born and unborn) and animals--I know they're out there, but there are a lot of sickos, too. And the cruel people who abuse animals and children are the ones always featured on the news--I guess a family who loves their pet and protects the innocence of their children doesn't make for ratings.

Do you have an e-mail address for Nike? I'd like to voice my displeasure, too.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »

hey sweetie.... what's shakin' ??

r we O/T????

i am gettin booted off library computer soon.....still have friggin pneumonia..have to take it easy for 6-8 weeks..found mold in condo bath wall..nice....that must be helping w/ all the humidity here lately....hope u and red are well....

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: July 19, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »

I will post that later.. I haven't even researched for it yet I was just thinking ...

I have got to get busy but I will be in later...and I will post the email address in the lounge.

BBL.. keep the faith monkeys!!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: July 19, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »

FOM... go to mom's house and rest and get better!

you know we love ya!!

Hate to run but gotta!!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #829 on: July 19, 2007, 01:04:49 PM »

say CHEESE!!!  Laughing

Mrs Red- I thought the younger Vick was the problem child... HA!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: July 19, 2007, 01:05:08 PM »

Michael22

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'official' physchic reading on june 4th, 2005

http://www.mythforlife.com/predictions.html

The psychic reading:

Reading  6/04/05
I preface this reading by saying that the
correct use of resources to ask at least
four psychics to read and then look for
similarities in their readings. I am not
always right but have a high degree of
correct readings.

Q: I would like to do a reading on the
disappearance of Natalee Holloway on
the island of Aruba.  Please give me
something to bring some closure for
those who are grieving.

These girls freeing summer fun turned
tragic when Natalee made a grievous
error in judgment that ultimately cost her
life...Natalee wanted to meet some new
people and went with a handsome-
enough local man to a party away from
the group.  When she received the
invitation, she was surprised and
honored (flattered) to be selected as
she had previously experienced
damage to her self esteem at the
competitive high school filled with
attractive girls.

She wanted to belong but never quite
did although her family perceived her to
be popular and wanted/stressed that
she should be... So that night she had a
drink and felt uninhibited.  When asked
to leave with a promise to return before
the others left the bar, she accepted.
She immediately knew she had made a
mistake in getting in the small car
(maybe an older Toyota-looking car).

Two other men came along and that
frightened her.  They drove left after
exiting the bar through the town and
began the ascent on a hilly, curving
street.  They arrived at a nice house that
overlooks the town to a certain degree
(not too high). It is owned by a white
male, possibly American or European.
They tried to regain her trust and put on
an atmosphere of innocent fun and a
party.  She was drugged with a local
ecstasy substitute.  The other men left
and she hardly noticed.  

The white male repeated raped and
sodomized her.  She was innocent to
some of this and became hysterical.  
She was so out of control that he
strangled her with his bare hands.  He
called an employee at about 3:30AM.

The young, short male (a local) in a red
tee shirt and tan shorts arrived at 4:
20AM to get rid of the body.  Her naked
body was wrapped in a blanket and put
in his car. The white male was so
confident he would not be caught; her
clothes were put in the local trash bin for
pick up.  

So Natalee was taken on the fishing
boat out to sea.  The young male
navigated the marina and then drove at
about 35 mph for 32 minutes straight
out to sea from the marina.  He
weighted the body with techniques
known by fisherman (sewing through
the bone above the wrist??) and pushed
it overboard.  

Her body floats in the water not so deep
that it is dark but more of a mid to light
place. Natalee has found some peace
after the traumatic act.  She is deeply
regretful about the agony it is causing
everyone (especially her mother) but
what is done is done.  Her body may
never be found.

That is it for this case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: July 19, 2007, 01:05:40 PM »

Need to run to the store, BRB
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #832 on: July 19, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "klaasend"
NativeLingo

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I heard they are treating the 3 suspects, combined with their age, etc. They should have cracked by now, unless:

1. They are innocent
2. They are guilty, but have been coached well...afterall there is NO body....
3. They are very affraid of someone (not the law)

Question is...which of the 3??

well I'll bite  Laughing

NOT #1  Exclamation

Me tooooooo!! #2 AND #3, that is my vote and I am sticking with it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: July 19, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
By the time the PBC article came to the forefront it was too late to do much about the selection process.  Disappearing comments on the internet probably did little to provoke discussion.  Now, if there are any political watchdog groups in the area, those are the ones to contact and put on alert.

The whole thing comes across as if the fix was in from the beginning and chances are there is a reason for that.

I agree Easy.

Unfortunatey there are too many Pesquera's from Puerto Rico to try to find the connection Laughing

There's Carlos Pesquera, who was or is secretary of transportation for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

There's Hector M. Pesquera, Special Agent in Charge at the FBI who I believe was born in Puerto Rico.

I wonder if either is related to Jorge?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: July 19, 2007, 01:12:14 PM »

Quote from: "Frank"
Dave Holloway needs to be on BOR. He'll handle the story.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

A very pleasant thought  Cool

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: July 19, 2007, 01:38:08 PM »

Quote from: "San"
By the time the PBC article came to the forefront it was too late to do much about the selection process.  Disappearing comments on the internet probably did little to provoke discussion.  Now, if there are any political watchdog groups in the area, those are the ones to contact and put on alert.

The whole thing comes across as if the fix was in from the beginning and chances are there is a reason for that.

I agree Easy.

Make me three, this was my first thought post hearing about the possible hire, who does he know well on that hiring panel/board? Someone I suspect and from a networking angle, he should build relationships and his type always do, even in the worst ways. Likely safe to say he's the type to step on top of someone to elevate himself, chance is at least equal as per his lack of integrity regarding the ethics of what has happened with this case in Aruba.

I continue to stand with the girl.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: July 19, 2007, 01:46:46 PM »

Quote from: "San"

I agree Easy.

Make me three, this was my first thought post hearing about the possible hire, who does he know well on that hiring panel/board? Someone I suspect and from a networking angle, he should build relationships and his type always do, even in the worst ways. Likely safe to say he's the type to step on top of someone to elevate himself, chance is at least equal as per his lack of integrity regarding the ethics of what has happened with this case in Aruba.

To me it's who you know not what you know.  Just like Ernesto Arambatzis – Freddy’s older brother who works in the South Beach area of Miami, FL.  He once said something like in order to survive in this type of business you have to know people and he knows people.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #837 on: July 19, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »

San you are exactly right, it is a 'tight' industry and you will see exec shift from one to the other, it's like they constantly eat at the same plate but with a change in menu  Laughing

I see that in other industries too, not just hospitality but I also think the standards in hospitality are not as high as others......hence the Cornell degree carrying SO much weight  Laughing

Ernesto sure brings it all into perspective doesn't he?  Rolling Eyes

I continue to stand with the girl.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:28 PM »

San you are exactly right, it is a 'tight' industry and you will see exec shift from one to the other, it's like they constantly eat at the same plate but with a change in menu  Laughing

I see that in other industries too, not just hospitality but I also think the standards in hospitality are not as high as others......hence the Cornell degree carrying SO much weight  Laughing

Ernesto sure brings it all into perspective doesn't he?  Rolling Eyes

That whole family is evil.  Notice that their father wasn't going to stand up for Paulus' crap and was the one who got up from the meeting to leave.  How come Paulus couldn't keep him there.  Because Paulus is afraid of that family.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: July 19, 2007, 02:02:28 PM »

Many times I have seen agencies do the “national search” routine and then a few months later someone happens to be found that is a cousin, brother-in-law, neighbor or connected in some manner to some decision maker.  It is so common that most people in the know immediately ask if an advertised position is for real, or if someone has already been chosen for the position.

Ain't nuttin' new about that game.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.