April 16, 2024, 09:30:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123626 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: July 19, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »

It's a good thing it wasn't Bob Costa's that is going to do a show with Natalee Holloway.  Do ya'll remember this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9013040/

Costas refuses to host show about Holloway

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: July 19, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "nonesuche"
Tamikosmom? I guess I was posting as yours was coming through, so you think BOR is going to slam Natalee?

I guess I just want to make sure I have all the info........

No ... I do not think that he would go that far.  I am just skeptical concerning what extend he will go to uphold Natalee's family or ... contend that a corrupt investigation is denying an American citizen justice if there a gag has been put in place by the network.

Geraldo and OReilly have alway upheld the family in the past but ... have been silent for many months in regards to the Natalee Holloway case.

None ... I hope I am wrong.

Janet

When Joran's book first came out Geraldo did about five minutes on it and said by all accounts it should be in the fiction section of the book store.  lol
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: July 19, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

Just a quick question of anyone who knows - has BOR done negative reports on the case in the past? Honestly I don't remember one but I agree about the teasers Easy, they jerk our chain  Confused and of course we tune in right?

marketing  Laughing

He has on occassion mentioned that Natalee shouldn't have gotten into the car that it was bad judgment.  He usually blasts Aruba for the cover-up though.  To be fair, he usually states that he finds it amazing that another country impeded the investigation and refused to do the right thing.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: July 19, 2007, 04:17:28 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "BlueKYGirl"
I have to miss the first O'Reilly--hope y'all will still be here discussing when I watch the later airing!

(This is the price I pay for being a social butterfly).

I requested that Carpe capture it.. So I hope he does...and if so, I'll post that video at my site for those unable to watch it tonight...

Carpe usually shares here too! Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #884 on: July 19, 2007, 04:19:59 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
It's a good thing it wasn't Bob Costa's that is going to do a show with Natalee Holloway.  Do ya'll remember this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9013040/

Costas refuses to host show about Holloway

I do.. I remember... I also remember that Michelle Malkin, one of BOR's favorite minions hates the story, calls it Pretty White Girl Missing Syndrome.... and disdains any coverage of the story.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #885 on: July 19, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »

oh please don't anyone take offense at my  posting buddha and see sayer either, no insult intended at all !!!

I can't remember was it just a plain psychic? what was that man referred to in Dave's book as??

He introduced himself as a doctor and a Buddhist medium (looked like he was from India)
Dave's book pg. 49-51

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "BlueKYGirl"
I have to miss the first O'Reilly--hope y'all will still be here discussing when I watch the later airing!

(This is the price I pay for being a social butterfly).

I requested that Carpe capture it.. So I hope he does...and if so, I'll post that video at my site for those unable to watch it tonight...

Carpe usually shares here too! Laughing

Ofcourse. I have an index on there so it just might be easier to find the videos there....either way works...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »

I get a little tired of TV people telling me what I should, or should not be interested in.  And, I bet every time one of these cable shows does a segment about Natalee their ratings spike.  It is a very captivating story and many people are still hoping for some type of conclusion.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2007, 04:33:48 PM »

Easy, it's no different than advertising now and also linked to their advertising dollars........just suck us in and sway our opinions  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »

Missing in Paradise:
Natalee Holloway vanished over two years ago. Now Geraldo joins Bill to reveal a startling new twist in this mystery

Hmmmmm, startling new twist......  Could it be that Dompig is full-o-chit?  Julia and Angela are full-o-chit?  Joran is a lying POS?  Hmmmm.....startling I tell ya just startling!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »

Easy, it's no different than advertising now and also linked to their advertising dollars........just suck us in and sway our opinions  Laughing

So true, I worked for quite some time in the marketing arena.  I have to say that one company started with babies at 6 months old to gain "customer brand loyalty".

Think money doesn't talk?  They pulled the release of the Vick sneaker...

BlueKYGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

So true, I worked for quite some time in the marketing arena.  I have to say that one company started with babies at 6 months old to gain "customer brand loyalty".

Think money doesn't talk?  They pulled the release of the Vick sneaker...

That's great, Mrs. Red--I know it was my letter to Nike that did it! (And YOU were the one who inspired me!)

If you're interested in corporations marketing to children and babies (yes, newborns!) you should read Buy Buy Baby by Susan Gregory Thomas--a very insightful book about the lengths companies go to to get the youngest customers (and their parents) interested in their products.

Basically it says that it's taboo to market from anything other than an educational perspective, so they pitch something as educational but put a picture of say Elmo on it, the child learns to recognize the characters, and voila...the next thing you know the kid wants Elmo pull-ups, etc. It's a great book.

Sorry o/t.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: July 19, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »

Thx Blue, Isaw that you found the link and put it in the football page in the lounge, I just sent them a letter as well.  They aren't pulling all Vick products yet, but they are not releasing the shoe.  It's a start.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #893 on: July 19, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »

O/T - the net is closing on Robert Murat in the Madeleine McCann case. As most know, he is the only official suspect.

There could be a possible arrest sometime toward the end of next week.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: July 19, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Wasn't it Geraldo that was in Aruba very early in the investigation, and discovered some new information pretty quickly, or his brother did?  What was that?  He is familiar with the case and what was going on early on.  Is he going to be on BOR?

iirc -- Geraldo mentioned something about a video tape and underage girls. I don't remember if he made the Freddy connection.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: July 19, 2007, 04:52:35 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Quote from: "AZSunny"
Wasn't it Geraldo that was in Aruba very early in the investigation, and discovered some new information pretty quickly, or his brother did?  What was that?  He is familiar with the case and what was going on early on.  Is he going to be on BOR?

iirc -- Geraldo mentioned something about a video tape and underage girls. I don't remember if he made the Freddy connection.

I remember that, and everyone laughed at him...

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: July 19, 2007, 04:52:43 PM »

ho Monks...just checking in to see what's up...will go back now and  read!!  Catch ya when I get caught up

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: July 19, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Missing in Paradise:
Natalee Holloway vanished over two years ago. Now Geraldo joins Bill to reveal a startling new twist in this mystery

Hmmmmm, startling new twist......  Could it be that Dompig is full-o-chit?  Julia and Angela are full-o-chit?  Joran is a lying POS?  Hmmmm.....startling I tell ya just startling!

Maybe the "twist" is the upcoming TES search?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: July 19, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »

O/T - the net is closing on Robert Murat in the Madeleine McCann case. As most know, he is the only official suspect.

O/T again but I heard earlier something about the mechanic in the Paige B.   - was it that he was a sex offender????

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: July 19, 2007, 04:56:04 PM »

Thanks Rob - yes..I've been updating the Madelene thread here when I see news on the case.  Posted something just about an hour ago.

Also in the Paige Birgfeld case, just posted the update of the search of the home in Fruitvale along with the video.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.