April 30, 2024, 07:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #659 7/17 - 7/19/2007  (Read 123832 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Whether or not the FP post is too late or not. I have to agree with what Mrs Red indicated may have been Red's intention ~ not to give these cretins anymore attention...

Don't know if that was Red thinking, but it makes sense to moi...

After two years Google is doing a lot of the work now for us.

the other inherent issue is that WPB and this committee cares most about groups or businesses that plan events there as tourism or their tax base of voters and business owners in WPB. With only a week's advance upon McClary's piece regarding this decision, the onus is on the WPB voters to object. Sharon certainly tried but I do think the opinions that could have swayed this decision needed both more time and those identified profiles to have true impact.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

mehill10

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i saw this on riehl world view

Posted on "The Troubling Puzzle" blog:

I'm in Mountain Brook and from the people who have recently returned from Aruba is that Van der Sloot's dad was seen at a McDonald's at 3 a.m. the night Natalee disappeared.

I don't think this has been reported in the mainstream media so hopefully this will help those of of you who are following this closely. This is my first post here and I'm posting something I think all of you might find significant.

Natalee goes missing at about 1 to 1:30 a.m. and the Van der Sloot's dad is seen at a McDonalds at 3a.m. I assume the dad has a job and would have to be at work the next day. There to me it is very suspicious.......

Posted by: samthebam | June 19, 2005 03:35 PM

interesting might explain why dad is being questioned
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »

Whether or not the FP post is too late or not. I have to agree with what Mrs Red indicated may have been Red's intention ~ not to give these cretins anymore attention...

Rob - I am not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not sure I understand your post.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't get the memo about not giving "these cretins any more attention" ... and if the idea is to ignore, why is NOW a FP article, and Mrs. Red emailing BOR?

I wrote a letter, sent an email, and posted on the Comments section of the WPB story of 07/10. Were we not "supposed" to be doing that?

Or am I reading in a different context?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #803 on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"

the other inherent issue is that WPB and this committee cares most about groups or businesses that plan events there as tourism or their tax base of voters and business owners in WPB. With only a week's advance upon McClary's piece regarding this decision, the onus is on the WPB voters to object. Sharon certainly tried but I do think the opinions that could have swayed this decision needed both more time and those identified profiles to have true impact.

some decisions are made regardless of the impact to the community. Example - We had two referendums on two new stadiums... both times it was voted down... guess what we have two new stadiums and a bill of over 1 billion dollars...

some municipalities seem to seek out controversy instead of running from it.

Which also makes my point that some people can not make it in the private sector where a decision like this one would cost them their livelihoods... so they are governmental... and I mean mental.  Laughing

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: July 19, 2007, 12:13:36 PM »

Mrs- I am going to post this just to drive home a point, all that we see on these cable news shows isn't exactly as it appears to be. I volunteer with a prominent university in career counseling for grad students there. I once assisted a public administration grad student with preparing a package of his credentials in an effort to obtain an internship with BOR two years ago, and coached him in that effort. He secured it, ultimately was offered a permanent position on BOR's staff but decided to move into city government instead.

I emailed him regarding the fund created at RU for Joe T and hope all of you recall BOR's discussion with him regarding that? It wasn't pretty  Laughing I don't think that one email made the difference but later he noted back to me in his discussion with one of BOR's producers around this, the producer noted the numbers of emails received.

So sometimes it does pay to email even if you don't receive the results you want, they actually do read the majority of the emails. I don't always agree with everything BOR states either but.......I do have consummate respect for this young man who worked for him that summer and said in his words "he does try to do the right thing and seems passionate about it" to me privately.

As you said, I too have done my part today  Wink

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: July 19, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »

Ms Marple I think you did the right thing... and I just emailed BOR for tonight's show the link to the FP with the question... who is looking out for us? with the gist of my email stating that he helped cover up a murder that the officals stonewalled the investigation ... an American citizen and now he wants to spread his "talent" here in the US...

My point was that BOR won't say anything re where the information was obtained, and he may not use it... indeed the stuff was sent to various media outlets, newspapers etc and they chose not to use it..
but at least I tried.

I think Rob was agreeing and saying that perhaps it is not too late... the front page may not be too late.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:23 PM »

Rob  Laughing mental indeed

I do hope you are right, I do hope it can make a difference, I really do.

Back to work for me, suddenly boss needs nine things six different ways from Sunday but then I like being busy  Very Happy

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: July 19, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »

thanks NONE... you hit that nail squarely on the head... and not only that but a job offer could be rescinded if you would harm the position offered instead of enhancing it...couldn't it???

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: July 19, 2007, 12:20:59 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Professor
Monkey Junkey

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this two hours agao:

Here's some cold, hard logic about Paulus Van der Sloot.

We know that he has helped his son "lawyer-up." Thus, we know that he isn't telling his son to come clean with what he knows about the disappearance of NH.

That leads to three possibilities:

1. He knows that NH is dead, and he is just trying to help his son beat the rap.

2. He knows his son is innocent. (Not credible. Because then there would be no reason to stonewall, or to give false stories and then to change them.)

3. He believes that NH is still alive, but he doesn't care if she is ever found.

But now I am adding alternative #4.

4. He was involved in a cover-up, or in the disposal of evidence, and so he is not just protecting his son's skin, but his own as well.

Take your pick. But under NONE of these scenarios does he come out as a loving father, driven solely by honorable motives. So, we can put that notion to bed for good.

"Professor" used to be an Excelent poster back in the day at RWV -- I think he got entirely fed up with the idiots posting there as Dan and the Renfro junkies took over. I guess he "gave up."

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: July 19, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »

Speaking of emails... NIKE is releasing a MVICK shoe.. I feel the need to write them as well... I guess I need practice writing today.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #810 on: July 19, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Rob - I am not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not sure I understand your post.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't get the memo about not giving "these cretins any more attention" ... and if the idea is to ignore, why is NOW a FP article, and Mrs. Red emailing BOR?

I wrote a letter, sent an email, and posted on the Comments section of the WPB story of 07/10. Were we not "supposed" to be doing that?

Or am I reading in a different context?

I know you're not trying to argumentative here ms. m...no problem.

last weeks some where questioning why this was not a front page story.. and Mrs Red just simply said that she thought maybe Red didn't want to give them any more attention...

We would really need to get Red's perspective on this... but I am just simply stating that there are always reasons and info that we do not know and sometimes decisions are made for reasons we are unaware...I can handle that because I know that Red is very concerned about Natalee, Dave and Beth...

maybe Red has had a change of heart.... but my next point was that you can't always second guess yourself. So what I am saying is that although it's an important side story and important for the people of PB, it doesn't really effect the rest of us like travel to Aruba could.

I agree that no one should be rewarding Pesquera for all this bad behavior, but to me this is a not quite as important as a FP on a new missing person or the corruption inside the Aruban Government.

As for emailing BOR it is important that if this story goes National, which it now seem, there needs to be a counter balance to the spin that is coming.

As I have said in the past, sometimes it's better not to even do some of these stories because then MSM screws them up and casts blame upon the victim.

I prolly just confused you even more...LOL.

+++

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: July 19, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

By the time the PBC article came to the forefront it was too late to do much about the selection process.  Disappearing comments on the internet probably did little to provoke discussion.  Now, if there are any political watchdog groups in the area, those are the ones to contact and put on alert.

The whole thing comes across as if the fix was in from the beginning and chances are there is a reason for that.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #812 on: July 19, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Speaking of emails... NIKE is releasing a MVICK shoe.. I feel the need to write them as well... I guess I need practice writing today.

a good name for that shoe would be THE ELECTRIC DOG BONE.

+++

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: July 19, 2007, 12:30:13 PM »

rob ... that's terrible. Crying or Very sad   I am so incensed over what he did and they are reporting it's big business in urban areas.. Lord forgive us because we are failing our children.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #814 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »

rob ... that's terrible. Crying or Very sad   I am so incensed over what he did and they are reporting it's big business in urban areas.. Lord forgive us because we are failing our children.

I have no sympathy for Michael Vick. He's a terrible person. The sad thing is more kids will some how look up to him now that he's a real trouble maker and an animal abuser.

It's a sick world. That's why I'm packin'.

+++

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
By the time the PBC article came to the forefront it was too late to do much about the selection process.  Disappearing comments on the internet probably did little to provoke discussion.  Now, if there are any political watchdog groups in the area, those are the ones to contact and put on alert.

The whole thing comes across as if the fix was in from the beginning and chances are there is a reason for that.

I agree Easy.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: July 19, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »

Rob,

exactly. that is why I say Lord forgive us because we are failing our children.

at some point it became in vouge to be a evil, rotten person... bad behavior is rewarded constantly... although I did just hear that several companies have yanked his endorsement deals... already.   I say good! Money may be the only damn thing that talks... it's why boycotts of advertisers, and islands that cover up crime eventually work ...

Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2007, 12:37:34 PM »

Dave Holloway needs to be on BOR. He'll handle the story.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

Quote from: "San"

I agree Easy.

me too... I would like to see who was passed over and what their qualifications were.

If everyone went to the local public college, I might agree, but somehow I think there were some very qualified individuals over looked for shear political back slappin'.

+++

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: July 19, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »

Quote from: "San"

I agree Easy.

Yep, me too.  But I am one to go kicking and screaming.. Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.