March 19, 2024, 02:02:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441877 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2007, 05:45:30 PM »

AZ, you never fail to encourage me by reminding me I am not the first one down this road.

Good news is today's platelet count was 233 so I am good to go tomorrow for chemo #6.  I feel good.  The other day, somebody told me I looked awesome (she was drunk like a big dog!)  Yeah, right.  Some days I look more "alive" than others.  When I get really anemic, I look pretty pale.  But at least I have eyebrows again.  That was a scary look for me.  You look in the mirror and without eyebrows and eyelashes, your eyes look like two peeholes in a snowbank. 

The worst part about doing chemo tomorrow is I will be away from the computer and even though it will only be a few hours, I'll be way behind when I get home. 

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.  God answers prayers.  This I know.

YIPPEE - Great News!  Bet you used your coupon, I'll have to get you another  Laughing

No worries Peaches, we'll catch you up on the case when you get home tomorrow after you've rested a big.

{{HUGS}}
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2007, 07:21:06 PM »

Peaches ~   I'm happy to hear your platelets have all cooperated and you are lined up for #6.   cheers We'll be here waiting for you   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:39 PM »

Well, I missed a Monday morning call out, but reading find that I can be thankful that you, Peaches, have your platelets and can continue.  Somehow, we can all tell when your eyebrows are scrunched up or raised, regardless of your ordeal. 

God Bless You, TerryD, AZLady and all who have struggled through a battle such as this.

XXXOOO

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »

WOO HOO!!!!! Platelets allow #6!!!!!

I'm doing a little dance for joy, Peaches!!!!

We'll catch you up on anything you miss while you're resting, Peaches, don't worry! Let the Chemo work and come back to us to let us know how you're doing when you feel like it. Terry's riding that bike again and you're going to be able to race him soon! I'm praying for your total healing, Peaches. You're getting closer and closer to the goal!

We're right here waiting for you, standing firm, kneeling humbly, and asking boldly!  Wink

God Bless!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »

From 72 on 11/19 to 242 on 11/26!  PTL, I made some platelets!  WOOHOO! 

Chemo #6 is over and done with.  Not without some drama in initially acessing my port.  It's just under the skin and it takes a big sharp needled called a Huber.  Usually, they get right in and get good blood return.  I'm watching and I don't see the blood return.  I started boohooing over that because getting stuck once is bad enough.  I didn't feel like starting over.  Thank God the nurse asked another nurse for help (cause if she didn't, I was going to).  Wanda, my angel, got me to relax and did her magic, we got good return and this went uneventfully the rest of the day.  I had a reaction to something so I ended up getting 75 mg of Bendryl.  I napped for a little bit.  Who wouldn't? 

Now I have to wait a couple weeks to give the chemo a chance to work and then have a new scan.     All this waiting.  I hate waiting.  I have to try to view this time in between  as a chance to pray and praise God for bringing me this far and for placing you all in my life to help me.  I believe my miracle is coming.  In some ways, my miracle was going from an undiagnosed pelvic mass on Monday to a consultation with a world reknowned gyn-onc on Wednesday of the same week.    THAT"s a miracle in and of itself! 

I pray for patience for myself.  I thank God for bringing me this far, placing the right people in my life, continuing to hold me in the palm of his hand.  Prayers of thanksgiving for the love and support of all of you.  Y'all will never know how much it means to me.  Sometimes, I sit here and read thru all the prayers and just boo hoo about how lucky I am to have such lovely caring friends. Thank you.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »

Well, dang, Peaches! Pass those kleenex 'cause now you've got me blubbering..........and laughing at myself for doing it! Laughter through tears is so healing, isn't it?  Laughing Laughing

I'm just in a perpetual state of wonder as I watch the way God works, and learn of His nature through what He brings my way. I know that with His hand there are miracles that defy all human explanation, but I can't look at what He set in place for us from the beginning without recognizing His miraculous gifts through which He reaches out to us every day. The sun rises and sets in glorious blaze of color, rains come and relieve a parched earth, winds blow and reseed plants, the moon rises giving us light in darkness and tides regulate, trees bear food, give shade, and present His promise to all who would see.......they spring forth from tender new growth to maturation then loose their leaves to appear dead, only to burst into life again. We are the recipients of those miracles every day.

Your journey reminded me of this because I want for you to just be touched with His healing hand and all the sickness to just go away: instantly. His nature is often to work through what he's put in place for us. Yes, I agree with you Peaches. That world renowned Physician is a miracle and I believe and claim for you that more than just chemo is flowing through that port........I think it carries His miracle just for you.

We all stand with you, Peaches, and because we are here, we too are washed in the ripples of His work......and there are ALWAYS ripples from his Hand. We have spent more time in His presence, grown in our faith because you have so inspired us by being such a shining star of His grace and love, and caused us to see with restored child's eyes, His creation once again. We are all in your miracle, Peaches and are Blessed by it. You are far more than a chemo patient, you're a vessel for His purpose! You take care, and work with the treatment, let it work and if you get a chance, watch a sunrise!  Very Happy I wub you!!!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »

Peaches, I'm happy to hear chemo #6 is over and done with.  I know the waiting and having patience is the hard part so just hang out here with us and we will help through it.

You are always in my prayers.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: November 28, 2007, 12:33:07 PM »

We love you Peaches!!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: November 28, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

Peaches, so happy to hear that all went well. You are always in my prayers. Love ya chicky!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »

Now comes the hard part.  I have to wait at least two weeks for the chemo to work before I get another scan.  My nurse is trying to get a PET CT approved for me due to my history.  I want whatever scan will show them the most detail as long as I don't have to get shoved in a tube.  I am claustrophobic big time.  I told her if there's a tube involved, there better be some serious drugs to knock me out.  So I am waiting for that scan to be scheduled. 

What's next?  What if the scan looks good?  What if the doctor says I'm NED again?(That's No Evidence of Disease for those of you playing along at home).  Been there, done that.  What if there's a tumor sitting in there somewhere that my surgeon didn't see when he was removing my adrenal gland and checking for other tumors?  I could "what if" myself into quite a state.  I'm trying hard not to let my imagination run wild.  It didn't do any good the last three times after I finished chemo and waited for scans. 

I don't "wait" well.

Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2007, 04:57:05 AM »

Peaches -

Those PET scans are the best, I know you remember how I said those might have saved Rick's life, so I'm relieved to know that's what you'll have. It shows all the metabolic activity, not just static tumors so it's information you will want to have for it catches things so EARLY. I am praying for NSD for you precious, praying hard.

I thought I'd share this story with you, indeed God has a plan. I won't lie and say that missing Rick is almost something I have to tuck away in a private place most days, if not I'm not sure I could deal with it. So I work a lot but then this new job demands I work a lot - in ways it's a comfort and in others a torment. I have met some wonderful colleagues at this job and I've also met some black-hearted run-you-over-with-their-ambition types too. Anyway, one colleague is a woman who is in her 60's, was a trail blazer as a systems analyst for this very large tech company when women really had a tough path to hoe in IT. She's a subject matter expert I needed mindshare from for the client project I am working on, she's truly the 'expert'. Anyway luckily she lives where I do, our first meeting she suggested coffee since she works from home and I do when I'm not traveling. Anyway, we met and within the first hour I just so admire this woman, a real straight shooter and not emotional/reactive but just damn smart and wise. We have a great meeting, a week later I learn she doesn't like "everyone" and is perceived as "harsh and difficult" by some on our team? Some would exclude her for that when we so need her help with this project.......I've pushed not to allow that to happen, I refuse to let some who can't handle how direct she is (I find it refreshing) and I've lobbied with the execs to ensure she's fully engaged.

Want to know the ironic part? For whatever reason in that first meeting I mentioned losing Rick to cancer, she confided she was a two-time breast cancer survivor but......that like Elizabeth Edwards, they are "managing" her disease now.

She also asked me to tell no one. Today we had a private call to discuss an offshore strategy and she had to cancel, I knew she had routine test this week but they saw 'something' and wanted her to have a bone scan. She instant messages me and promises to call when she returns home - I ended my day not hearing back from her. But I have faith and in her, she said to me "please don't tell anyone for it's taken so long for this group to truly integrate me". She was vulnerable and my heart went out to her all the more. Then she wrote "I'll work out a plan to deal with this too, I'll be back".

Peaches a couple of things about this from me to you, she like you, has enormous drive and perseverance to live - that does matter, I truly do think it does in cancer battles. She's also so bright and capable, just like you, but also a NSh** kinda girl which I love and forgive me - like you Smile

I also think God has sent me you, her, even those I meet like my handyman who lost his sister to cancer last fall, to help to keep me strong. To let me know we're all in this together and that I am not alone nor was I ever alone, even though on these chilly nights when I crawl into bed the ache of missing Rick is inconsolable.

Rick would be proud of you and I am proud of you. Keep the faith, I know how tiring this is and the toll it takes on your body, but you are resilient and you are destined to be here. Keep that faith, God bless you and yes he does have a special plan for you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »

Peaches ~  I was thinking of you this Friday evening and I hope all is well with you.  Hoping you are feeling better and have a good weekend.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2007, 02:23:17 AM »

Just stopped by to see how the waiting was going for you, Peaches! You haven't slipped from my prayers just because we aren't counting platelets! I'm aware that we are counting days now, and the goal hasn't changed: Total restoration of health for Peaches! God Bless you and give you expectant faith!  Wink
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2007, 05:30:26 PM »

I've slacked off on my Monday shout outs to you, Peaches, but want you to know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers....  You are a hero to so many of us, here. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2007, 10:27:50 PM »

Hi Peaches... I do think of you often and talk to people who aren't even monkeys about how you inspire us all... but just checking in to say even when I don't post, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #235 on: December 12, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »

Shouting out to my "Husker Peach".  Sending warm vibes your way from the Motherland. 

Hugs
Beans
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2007, 09:36:27 PM »

GOOD for you Peaches  keep up that great faith that you are known for <g>     your special Ohio Cowboy Jerry

From 72 on 11/19 to 242 on 11/26!  PTL, I made some platelets!  WOOHOO! 

Chemo #6 is over and done with.  Not without some drama in initially acessing my port.  It's just under the skin and it takes a big sharp needled called a Huber.  Usually, they get right in and get good blood return.  I'm watching and I don't see the blood return.  I started boohooing over that because getting stuck once is bad enough.  I didn't feel like starting over.  Thank God the nurse asked another nurse for help (cause if she didn't, I was going to).  Wanda, my angel, got me to relax and did her magic, we got good return and this went uneventfully the rest of the day.  I had a reaction to something so I ended up getting 75 mg of Bendryl.  I napped for a little bit.  Who wouldn't? 

Now I have to wait a couple weeks to give the chemo a chance to work and then have a new scan.     All this waiting.  I hate waiting.  I have to try to view this time in between  as a chance to pray and praise God for bringing me this far and for placing you all in my life to help me.  I believe my miracle is coming.  In some ways, my miracle was going from an undiagnosed pelvic mass on Monday to a consultation with a world reknowned gyn-onc on Wednesday of the same week.    THAT"s a miracle in and of itself! 

I pray for patience for myself.  I thank God for bringing me this far, placing the right people in my life, continuing to hold me in the palm of his hand.  Prayers of thanksgiving for the love and support of all of you.  Y'all will never know how much it means to me.  Sometimes, I sit here and read thru all the prayers and just boo hoo about how lucky I am to have such lovely caring friends. Thank you.

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

Patience doesn't come easy these days.  I have a CT scan scheduled for next Wednesday.  I need a negative CT big time.  A negative CT will mean I am in remission again.  That would be great.   Of course, I'm sure my oncologist has some kind of "consolidation" therapy in mind.  Probably Avastin which discouraged the formation of new blood vessels.  You can't be a tumor if you can't form a blood supply.  That's okay.  Avastin doesn't have tons of nasty side effects so that would be bonus.  Carboplatin is some nasty stuff..ask anybody.

I just want to know what's next and I want to know NOW! 

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  I could not have done this without all of you.

Expect a miracle.
CJ1
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »

Peaches, I am praying you are cancer free, but try to distract yourself and enjoy your Christmas preparations in the mean time.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2007, 05:22:51 PM »

Peaches ~  I just stopped by to check on you and your progress.  Please know I'm thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome for you:  a negative CT.  I pray for you to stay strong in body and spirit, and for your doctor to have the wisdom and skill to use what he can to help you on your quest for your health to be restored.  You are one determined monkey and I admire you for so for the battle you've waged.  Prayers for you to have a good and peaceful Christmas with your loved ones.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.